Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It is probably not a coincidence that the three most productive running backs in the country all got to play against Big Ten schedules. Big Ten backs have also tended to underacheive relative to their college production. This is especially true of Wisconsin backs, but Gordon also has a way different skill set than any of the previous Wisconsin backs since they became a Unstoppable Running Back Machine so I dunno.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Groucho Marxist posted:

rutgers won 7 games

Well yeah, but they have a secondary full of NFL caliber players.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they get really good at catching interceptions practicing against Gary Nova

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gary Nova was legit like the third best QB in the Big Ten.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

i'm so sad right now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Alouicious posted:

i'm so sad right now

The Big Ten is a barren wasteland for QBs.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

MourningView posted:

I'm pretty sure the three best QBs in the Big Ten all play for Ohio State.

Action Saxxon
Dec 21, 2004

Please be Baaaaack.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Have you heard anything about whether he will declare? I assume he is, but I seem to remember you having some insight into the program.

Nah, haven't heard anything.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

johnfw50 posted:

I'm pretty sure the three best QBs in the Big Ten all play for Ohio State.

Well, probably, but of the ones who actually played a significant number of games this year Nova was the third best after Barrett and Cook.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Isn't Dan Marino supposed to be really dumb or was it just cocaine stuff with him?

In Dan's rookie year he said he didn't know the playbook very well at all, so he just threw it to whoever was open.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

In Dan's rookie year he said he didn't know the playbook very well at all, so he just threw it to whoever was open.

That's a real good strategy, more QBs should do that

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
I don't know poo poo about the nfl. Who needs a fullback the most? I want to make sure Jawlston Fowler goes to a good home

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Not before Vontae Leach gets one :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Well, probably, but of the ones who actually played a significant number of games this year Nova was the third best after Barrett and Cook.

this is just such a bleak loving statement and i'm not ready for it

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alouicious posted:

this is just such a bleak loving statement and i'm not ready for it

Their ADs think they're doing really well though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlw8R7KyoA8

That face at the end really sums up watching it as an outsider

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What is the highest pick Cleveland can have at 7-9?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bigass Moth posted:

What is the highest pick Cleveland can have at 7-9?

Well we have 2 1sts so we can trade up.

For a loving QB. Seriously I remember Colt playing better than that.

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Flikken posted:

For a loving QB. Seriously I remember Colt playing better than that.

I hope we're not seriously ready to write off JFF after one game. His OL played like dogshit and his receivers dropped a ton of passes.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

I hope we're not seriously ready to write off JFF after one game. His OL played like dogshit and his receivers dropped a ton of passes.

This is what we do.

Weeden gave us flashes, so did Colt and even Quinn. We'll see at the end of the year.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

That was among the worst, most embarrassing performances I've ever seen from a Browns QB and that says a lot considering I watched Brandon Weeden for multiple seasons.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

MourningView posted:

I think 3rd best is a bit of an exaggeration. Barrett and Cook were worlds better. I think you could make an argument for Tommy Armstrong too. And frankly, in a world where he isn't being chased down like a gazelle in the wild every play, Hackenberg. He's like ever so slightly better than like Rudock or Stave or whoever that unremarkable Maryland dude was. Nova just strikes me as like, Anthony Morrelli where he can singlehandedly lose you a game at random intervals but otherwise is decidedly average otherwise.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

sean10mm posted:

When has drafting a colossal idiot to play NFL QB worked? Because Winston just seems super dumb.

Stupid people can play quarterback too, its not a deal breaker.

Winstons hosed because he's won a Heisman. Mariota may have had a chance but when he got that trophy his fate was sealed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MourningView posted:

Lol that is not true.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

commy gun posted:

Stupid people can play quarterback too, its not a deal breaker.

Winstons hosed because he's won a Heisman. Mariota may have had a chance but when he got that trophy his fate was sealed.

He isn't dumb in the standard meathead sense like Terry Bradshaw, or Gronk who thinks a airplanes are time machines. He is dumb in the sense that he will do something that results in his arrest and unable to play, or at the very least a ton of embarrassment for the organization.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

:laffo:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Lol that is not true.

Outside of Conner Cook and [INSERT TERRELLE PRYOR CLONE HERE] who was better in that dogshit conference

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheGreyGhost posted:

I think 3rd best is a bit of an exaggeration. Barrett and Cook were worlds better. I think you could make an argument for Tommy Armstrong too. And frankly, in a world where he isn't being chased down like a gazelle in the wild every play, Hackenberg. He's like ever so slightly better than like Rudock or Stave or whoever that unremarkable Maryland dude was. Nova just strikes me as like, Anthony Morrelli where he can singlehandedly lose you a game at random intervals but otherwise is decidedly average otherwise.

I'm not sure where you took that as praise for Nova and not an insult to the Big Ten. He was third in basically every meaningful passing statistic and it's not like he was QBig a loaded team. It's a super lovely conference.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alouicious posted:

Outside of Conner Cook and [INSERT TERRELLE PRYOR CLONE HERE] who was better in that dogshit conference

I don't think you realize how terrible Gary Nova is. I watched him play every week for 4 years...

Also most of his stats this year were from the first game vs WSU which didn't feel like playing any D and vs michigan which was just an abomination.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 15, 2014

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
You didn't say who is actually better than him

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

He isn't dumb in the standard meathead sense like Terry Bradshaw, or Gronk who thinks a airplanes are time machines. He is dumb in the sense that he will do something that results in his arrest and unable to play, or at the very least a ton of embarrassment for the organization.

uh maybe you should read about the Hafele–Keating experiment you filthy casual.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Groucho Marxist posted:

You didn't say who is actually better than him

Anyone with a pulse. Thats how bad he is.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

swickles posted:

The official measure for this kind of question is the Gronk-Hernandez scale.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Anyone with a pulse. Thats how bad he is.

Not in the Big 10 you dense motherfucker, that's the point. Gary Nova is abject dogshit and is still the 3rd best QB in the Big 10.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

The official measure for this kind of question is the Gronk-Hernandez scale.

Pouncey twins were right, Hernandez is going to get off.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Alouicious posted:

Not in the Big 10 you dense motherfucker, that's the point. Gary Nova is abject dogshit and is still the 3rd best QB in the Big 10.

Yes in the big 10. Hackenberg, for example, played Rutgers this season, couldn't hit the side of a barn with any of his throws and still won the game by throwing the game winning TD after FIVE! Nova picks. He's not better than 7 QB's in the big 10.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I mean if you're not counting his best game then I'm not counting his worst game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Groucho Marxist posted:

I mean if you're not counting his best game then I'm not counting his worst game

That was like the biggest statement game for the school in my lifetime and he poo poo the bed worse than it's even imaginable to poo poo the bed.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
go away mcmagic

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Arguing about college football with a guy who watches like 5 games a year it's draft season baby!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
McShay put out a mock:

quote:

1Marcus MariotaTampa Bay Buccaneers (2-12)COLLEGE: OregonClass: JrHT: 6-4WT: 211POS: QB
Analysis: Mariota is a dynamic athlete with excellent top-end speed. He is elite at throwing on the run. He has a quick and compact over-the-shoulder release, and he possesses excellent intangibles. The concern I have with him is that while he's good with his anticipation and accuracy when passing from inside the pocket (and he's gotten better at it this season), he isn't great -- and that's the most important quality for QBs transitioning to the NFL level. Is that enough of a risk for the Bucs, a team in serious need of a franchise quarterback, to pass on him? Maybe, or perhaps they would wind up giving Winston a higher grade. But I just can't see either of these guys sliding out of the top 10. This is as shallow of a draft at the QB position as I can remember -- at least in the past several years.

2Jameis WinstonTennessee Titans (2-12)COLLEGE: Florida StateClass: SophHT: 6-4WT: 235POS: QB
Analysis: Winston has all the tools to be great on the field as an NFL quarterback. He excels from inside the pocket, has prototypical size, can drive the ball downfield and to the outside hashes, and displays very good game-management skills and on-field leadership. But his off-field behavior to this point frightens me. The Titans and any team that considers drafting him are going to have to be comfortable with what they find when they look into his past, and with his psychological testing. But as I mentioned in the Mariota section, even if one or two teams that need a QB pass on either of these top two QBs, I don't think they all will. It's hard to envision either getting out of the top 10, at this point.

3Leonard WilliamsJacksonville Jaguars (2-12)COLLEGE: USCClass: JrHT: 6-5WT: 290POS: DE
Analysis: The Jaguars have a much bigger need on the offensive line than on the defensive line -- and overall, the defense is in much better shape than the offense -- but there's too much of a talent gap between the top D-linemen and top O-linemen prospects in this class, and the Jags could afford to get younger at the position with Red Bryant already 30 years old. Williams is the No. 1 prospect on our board, with excellent strength and speed for his size, and he'd fit as a 5-technique defensive end in Gus Bradley's scheme. The Jags could also go with an edge rusher here in Nebraska's Randy Gregory or Missouri's Shane Ray, or with a big-time playmaker at wide receiver in Alabama's Amari Cooper.

4Randy GregoryOakland Raiders (2-12)COLLEGE: NebraskaClass: JrHT: 6-6WT: 245POS: DE
Analysis: The Raiders need an edge rusher, and the presence of Gregory and Khalil Mack along the same front seven would create problems for opposing offensive lines for seasons to come. I actually have a slightly higher grade on Ray than I do Gregory, but Gregory has the length to be a better fit as a 4-3 right defensive end. He needs to add strength to succeed in the NFL, as right now he is lean and can get pushed around a bit against the run. But he is a very good pass-rusher with his lateral quickness and closing speed.

5Shane RayWashington Redskins (3-11)COLLEGE: MissouriClass: JrHT: 6-2WT: 240POS: DE
Analysis: The Redskins need a lot of help on defense, and in particular could use a legit pass-rusher with Brian Orakpo unable to stay healthy and Trent Murphy currently starting opposite Ryan Kerrigan. Ray would help immediately. I studied the Missouri defense on tape a lot during last season's draft process, and it was Ray who jumped out on tape as the most talented player on a front that included Kony Ealy and Michael Sam. He is an absolutely relentless pass-rusher who is tough, aggressive, can bend the end and has an explosive first step. He's also versatile and has improved his ability to convert speed to power.

6Amari CooperNew York Jets (3-11)COLLEGE: AlabamaClass: JrHT: 6-1WT: 205POS: WR
Analysis: In this scenario, Mariota and Winston are already off the board. The Jets are desperate enough to find a franchise quarterback that they could trade up a few spots to draft either player if they fall in love with one, but if they're stuck at this spot, I think they should take the best player available in Cooper. They need O-line help, but the top-rated prospect on my board, Brandon Scherff from Iowa, is best-suited to play guard at the next level. He'll be a great one for a long time, but the No. 6 overall pick is a steep price to pay for a great guard. Percy Harvin provides no guarantees, and Cooper would be an upgrade over Eric Decker, who is really best-suited to be a No. 3 WR. He'd provide a great target for whenever the Jets find their guy at QB.

7Dante Fowler Jr.Atlanta Falcons (5-9)COLLEGE: FloridaClass: JrHT: 6-2WT: 271POS: DE
Analysis: There's a drop-off in talent after the first six prospects, so no matter which player I assign to the Falcons it feels like a reach. I'm also not going to lose too much sleep over which pass-rusher I place here on Dec. 17, since the Falcons still have a chance to win the NFC South and wind up picking in the 20s. Fowler has the size, quickness, power and relentless motor you look for in a defensive end. He also has experience playing all along the D-line, including occasionally dropping into underneath zone coverage, and that versatility adds to his value.

8Vic BeasleyNew York Giants (5-9)COLLEGE: ClemsonClass: SrHT: 6-2WT: 220POS: DE
Analysis: Iowa's Brandon Scherff would be a consideration here, given the Giants' needs along the O-line, but they'd have to be convinced he's a tackle and not a guard (I think he's a guard) to justify taking him at No. 8 overall. The defense has shown improvement in the second half of the season, but it needs another legitimate pass-rushing threat to complement Jason Pierre-Paul (who is a free agent this offseason), and Beasley is a difference-maker in that role. His first-step quickness and closing speed are near elite. He plays bigger than his size, but he's still only 220-230 pounds, so he may fit better as a SLB and when turned loose as a pass-rusher.

9Landon CollinsChicago Bears (5-9)COLLEGE: AlabamaClass: JrHT: 6-0WT: 212POS: S
Analysis: Safety was a need area for Chicago in last year's draft, and the Bears didn't address the position until the fourth round when they selected Brock Vereen. He's a solid player, but certainly not the talent that Collins is. Collins is a very impressive athlete for the safety position, with a strong, compact build, quick feet, and good length and leaping ability. He's a good open-field tackler, possesses good ball skills and plays with an edge. The Bears need all the help they can get on defense.

10Brandon ScherffCarolina Panthers (5-8-1)COLLEGE: IowaClass: SrHT: 6-4WT: 320POS: OT
Analysis: Scherff reminds me a lot of Zack Martin, the Cowboys' first-round pick at No. 16 overall in the 2014 draft, in that he could be a good starting right tackle in the NFL or a great starting guard. He possesses excellent strength and toughness, and is perfectly wired for life as an NFL offensive lineman. The Panthers really need to get better in pass protection for QB Cam Newton, as they haven't done well this year following Jordan Gross' 2013 retirement. Byron Bell has been just decent at left tackle, and right tackle has been a problem area with Nate Chandler and now David Foucault.

11Cedric OgbuehiMinnesota Vikings (6-8)COLLEGE: Texas A&MClass: SrHT: 6-5WT: 300POS: OT
Analysis: This is probably a little earlier than Ogbuehi should go based on where I have him graded right now, due to some of his inconsistencies this season, but offensive tackles with his talent have a tendency to rise during the draft process and don't last long on the board. He needs to become more polished, but he has size, long arms and quick feet, and he'd upgrade the Vikings at right tackle.

12Ereck FlowersSt. Louis Rams (6-8)COLLEGE: Miami (FL)Class: JrHT: 6-6WT: 325POS: OT
Analysis: The Rams need a QB, but there isn't one worth drafting here in this scenario. They also need a cornerback, but it's too early to take Oregon's Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Washington's Marcus Peters or Michigan State's Trae Waynes. Flowers is under the radar right now but he'll be well-known by April. His pad level is an issue, but he has a massive frame, moves well and is a finisher.

13Devante ParkerHouston Texans (7-7)COLLEGE: LouisvilleClass: SrHT: 6-2WT: 207POS: WR
Analysis: The Texans are another team looking for a franchise quarterback, but they won't find one at this spot. They could consider Washington nose tackle Danny Shelton, but I'll give them Parker here. He'd provide Houston with a lot more juice in three-receiver sets early in his career, and could eventually take over as a starter once Andre Johnson's time is up. Parker has a good combination of size and speed with good separation skills and the ability to run under the deep ball and make over-the-shoulder grabs.

14Danny SheltonCleveland Browns (7-7)COLLEGE: WashingtonClass: SrHT: 6-1WT: 332POS: DT
Analysis: Cleveland is too soft against the run, ranking 31st in the NFL by allowing 137.6 rushing yards per game. Shelton would help fix that problem, as he's a great fit at nose tackle and can add depth along the Browns' entire three-man front. He has a thick and powerful frame to occupy blockers, along with very impressive quickness for his size.

15Devin FunchessSan Francisco 49ers (7-7)COLLEGE: MichiganClass: JrHT: 6-4WT: 235POS: WR
Analysis: The Niners could look to address their offensive line or defensive front with their first-round pick, but Colin Kaepernick needs a big target to help him out and Funchess fits the bill. He has a huge catching radius and is a downfield threat because of his combination of size and speed. He's also shown the ability to gain yards after the catch with his elusiveness and strength.

PLAYER CARD
16Shaq ThompsonMiami Dolphins (7-7)COLLEGE: WashingtonClass: JrHT: 6-2WT: 224POS: OLB
Analysis: The Dolphins could afford to add a wide receiver with size, like West Virginia's Kevin White (6-foot-3) or Arizona State's Jaelen Strong (6-4), but they can address that need in Round 2. Thompson is a unique talent with an outstanding combination of size, speed and athleticism, and he could help upgrade Miami at linebacker. He is very good in coverage and can defend the run sideline-to-sideline.

17Kevin WhiteKansas City Chiefs (8-6)COLLEGE: West VirginiaClass: SrHT: 6-2WT: 211POS: WR
Analysis: It's Week 16, and the Chiefs still haven't had a wide receiver record a touchdown catch this season. White would upgrade the receiving corps with his excellent size-and-speed combo. He still needs to develop as a route runner but is a natural when it comes to separating from coverage when the ball is in the air. White is also dangerous after the catch, which adds to his value for a team in need of perimeter playmakers.

18Eddie GoldmanSan Diego Chargers (8-6)COLLEGE: Florida StateClass: JrHT: 6-3WT: 315POS: DT
Analysis: Goldman would provide a boost to the Chargers' defensive line, particularly against the run, which is where he really stands out. He is thick and powerful with good movement skills for his size, and he shows the ability to work through double-teams. From what I've seen in person and on tape this season, he might be the best player on FSU's defense. He'd be a good value here.

19Jaelen StrongCleveland Browns (7-7)COLLEGE: Arizona StateClass: JrHT: 6-3WT: 212POS: WR
Note: This pick is traded from the Bills.

Analysis: The Browns passed on several opportunities to select a receiver in the WR-rich 2014 draft, but I've got them addressing that need here. Strong has excellent size for the position with a big catch radius and the ball skills to make contested catches in traffic. He'd provide an insurance policy for Cleveland in case the team again loses Josh Gordon, who has missed significant time due to suspensions the past two seasons.

20Trae WaynesPhiladelphia Eagles (9-5)COLLEGE: Michigan StateClass: JrHT: 6-1WT: 182POS: CB
Analysis: The Eagles have been better on defense this season, but cornerback remains a position of need and Waynes would be a good fit. He has good length and speed for the corner position, and he's a sure tackler who isn't afraid to come up and assist in run support. His field awareness is very impressive as well.

21T J ClemmingsNew Orleans Saints (6-8)COLLEGE: PittsburghClass: SrHT: 6-4WT: 313POS: OT
Analysis: There's no question the Saints could use help on defense given how bad they've been on that side of the ball this season, but Clemmings is a solid value here and they could afford to add some help along the offensive line. Clemmings has a high ceiling as a prospect because of his raw physical tools and the fact that he's still new to the position, having switched from defensive line to offensive line ahead of the 2013 season. He has an excellent combo of strength, length and quickness.

22Malcom BrownPittsburgh Steelers (9-5)COLLEGE: TexasClass: SrHT: 6-3WT: 317POS: DT
Analysis: The Steelers have largely been carried by their offense this season, and Brown's versatility would be an asset on the Pittsburgh D-line. He's played nose tackle, defensive tackle and defensive end in a 4-3 front and NT and DE in a 3-4 front for the Longhorns, so the Steelers would have options in how to employ him in Dick LeBeau's scheme. Brown is very disruptive with his strength-quickness combo, and he possesses a good motor.

23Melvin GordonBaltimore Ravens (9-5)COLLEGE: WisconsinClass: JrHT: 6-0WT: 207POS: RB
Analysis: Gordon is a good value pick at this point, and he also matches a need for the Ravens. They've been decimated by injuries to the cornerback position this season, so they could look for help here, but Gordon is a particularly good fit because Baltimore is more of a zone-blocking team now under offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, and Gordon is coming from a zone-blocking scheme at Wisconsin. He does a very good job of being patient for holes to open and then exploding through them with great acceleration.

24Andrus PeatCincinnati Bengals (9-4-1)COLLEGE: StanfordClass: JrHT: 6-6WT: 315POS: OT
Analysis: We've moved Peat down our board a bit this season, but he still has the ideal physical tools to be a starting left tackle in the NFL, with good length, a powerful upper body and very good agility in pass protection. He'd provide a boost to the Cincinnati offensive line, whose current starting left tackle Andrew Whitworth is entering the final season of his contract.

25Kevin JohnsonDallas Cowboys (10-4)COLLEGE: Wake ForestClass: SrHT: 6-0WT: 175POS: CB
Analysis: The Dallas defense held up better this season with the help of a dominant running game and ball-control offense, but corner is still a position of need for the Cowboys. Former first-round pick Morris Claiborne was benched this season prior to his season-ending injury, and the Cowboys could use an infusion of youth and talent at the position. Johnson doesn't have elite physical traits, but he's fast and fluid enough as an athlete to keep up with most receivers and is physical and aggressive as a press corner despite his lean frame and shorter arms. His instincts and awareness are excellent.

26Marcus PetersDetroit Lions (10-4)COLLEGE: WashingtonClass: JrHT: 5-11WT: 193POS: CB
Analysis: It seems like every draft season we discuss the Lions' need for a cornerback, and this year is no different. Peters was dismissed from the UW program midseason after being held out multiple times for team rules violations, so teams will need to be comfortable with his character and intangibles to draft him. But as a talent he has what you're looking for, with very good athleticism and prototypical size for the position.

27La'El CollinsIndianapolis Colts (10-4)COLLEGE: LSUClass: SrHT: 6-4WT: 324POS: OT
Analysis: The Colts need to do a better job of protecting QB Andrew Luck, as he's taken a lot of hits this season, and finding a way to establish more of a running game should be a priority as well. Collins would help in both areas. He is massive at 6-4, 324 pounds, and projects as either a right tackle or guard in the NFL, as he is just average in pass protection but shows very good burst, strength and toughness as a run-blocker.

28Bendardrick MckinneyGreen Bay Packers (10-4)COLLEGE: Mississippi StateClass: JrHT: 6-4WT: 243POS: ILB
Analysis: The Packers' lack of athleticism at interior linebacker required them to move Clay Matthews there earlier this season, so McKinney would fill a need. He has very good speed and closing burst for his size, and while he isn't a huge hitter in general, he has the strength to occasionally deliver a big blow. He also flashes upside as a pass-rusher.

29Todd GurleySeattle Seahawks (10-4)COLLEGE: GeorgiaClass: JrHT: 6-0WT: 230POS: RB
Analysis: The Seahawks need help along the offensive and defensive lines, and could also look to upgrade at the tight end position. But at this spot, Gurley (assuming Seattle's doctors were comfortable with his recovery from his torn ACL) would provide high upside as a value pick. Scouts I've spoken to considered Gurley a potential top 10-to-20 pick prior to his injury, because of his combination of tremendous power and breakaway speed. Marshawn Lynch has only one year left on his contract after this season, and isn't a lock to be on the roster for 2015. The closest NFL comparison I can come up with for Gurley is Lynch.

30Bud DupreeArizona Cardinals (11-3)COLLEGE: KentuckyClass: SrHT: 6-3WT: 268POS: OLB
Analysis: Arizona's quarterback situation has been complicated by Carson Palmer tearing his ACL the same week he signed a contract extension with the team, but the Cardinals aren't going to find a solution at this spot, even if they're looking for one. Dupree is a bit of a tweener but projects best as a 3-4 outside linebacker, making him a good fit for Arizona's scheme at a position of need. He is an outstanding athlete for his size, with very good speed and redirect skills.

31A J CannNew England Patriots (11-3)COLLEGE: South CarolinaClass: SrHT: 6-3WT: 315POS: OG
Analysis: It would make sense for the Patriots to target a pass-catcher here. I considered Ohio State WR Devin Smith, and either Michigan WR/TE Devin Funchess or Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong would have been a good choice, were they available. But Cann is a good pick at this spot. Dan Connolly and Ryan Wendell each have one year left on their contracts, but Cann is capable of starting right away if needed and would be a good long-term replacement for either one. He isn't elite athletically, nor is he overpowering at the point of attack, but he has good quickness, agility and balance and fares well as a run-blocker and in pass protection.

32Denzel PerrymanDenver Broncos (11-3)COLLEGE: Miami (FL)Class: SrHT: 5-11WT: 248POS: ILB
Analysis: The Broncos have dealt with several injuries at the linebacker position this season, and Perryman is a good value at this spot. I've been really impressed with what I've seen from him on tape; he's a very good tackler with the ability to deliver a big hit, above-average range versus the run and good anticipation and diagnostic skills.

• Locked thread