Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

evilspacehopper posted:

Good thing I have access to basic art supplies at work!

Link should start wearing pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Neurion posted:

Why're we taking the integral of the derivative of a whatnow?? :psyduck:
That'd probably be easier to read if it was written as ʃ(1/(cabin))d(cabin)

The best chat pun from that stream was one I tried to read out but got swamped by serious answers for before I finished ;)

- How does Link automatically know how much each fish weighs?
- They come with their own scales.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Paul.Power posted:

That'd probably be easier to read if it was written as ʃ(1/(cabin))d(cabin)

Yeah but that would be the natural log cabin, which works too

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Its a little late, or early depending on how you see it but its...

:siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 17 - More like Hyrude! with ChaosArgate and Silver Falcon

There are a lot of very rude people in Hyrule :colbert: also I lose all sense of direction multiple times and we find out which Kokiri is not a horse!

And in a fit of holiday competence, this episode marks the very first time that my commentary friends have been able to hear my game audio! Through some audio magic, I have been able to route the game audio through my mic without it showing up on either the video or my audacity recording, so future commentators will be able to hear the lovely sounds and music in this game along with me! Many thanks to my lovely girlfriend Fizzicist for spending an hour trying to help me get that set up!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Faerie Fortune posted:

we find out which Kokiri is not a horse!

All of them.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Please use your shield more often. Or dodge the enemy attacks with a sweet backflip. Or something, anything that doesn't involve facetanking everything. Link's gonna get serious brain damage one of these days, especially if he keeps running around with low health. :ohdear: (remember, you can get hearts from cutting the grass)

Sorry about the backseat gaming. :shobon: I promise I won't complain if/when you get horribly lost in the next dungeon, because the last time I went through that place I must have spent hours running around aimlessly. On my fourth playthrough.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
"So ChaosArgate can yell at me if there are any Skulltulas!"

... all the while the *skritch skritch skritch* is happening in the background.

Never change, Fae! :allears:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

OmegaGoo posted:

"So ChaosArgate can yell at me if there are any Skulltulas!"

... all the while the *skritch skritch skritch* is happening in the background.

Never change, Fae! :allears:

This is what is known as dramatic irony.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
Fae, were you just singing "Amazing Horse"? I haven't heard that one in a while. I think Epona probably qualifies, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFBqiUgspg

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I love that your first reaction to seeing how much taller you are compared to the Kokiri is to demand their lunch money :allears:

You are in top form in this video, Fae, keep up the good work!

Edit: Holy poo poo, that Octorok has got mad ups. I didn't know they could leap that high!

Neurion fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 14, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Faerie Fortune posted:

And in a fit of holiday competence, this episode marks the very first time that my commentary friends have been able to hear my game audio! Through some audio magic, I have been able to route the game audio through my mic without it showing up on either the video or my audacity recording, so future commentators will be able to hear the lovely sounds and music in this game along with me! Many thanks to my lovely girlfriend Fizzicist for spending an hour trying to help me get that set up!

Can you post a breakdown of how to do this? This is information I would love to have.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I will never get tired of watching Fae getting no-scoped by octoroks.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Aww, you should've bombed the little guy. Talk about jerks, he switches directions all the time when you're just trying to blow him up. :(

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Fae, when are you going to do another exploration video? There are still places (or a single place) you didn't see as a kid.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Cartheon posted:

Fae, were you just singing "Amazing Horse"? I haven't heard that one in a while. I think Epona probably qualifies, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFBqiUgspg

Yes, yes I was! If there's one thing I love its old memes!

Some Numbers posted:

Can you post a breakdown of how to do this? This is information I would love to have.

I will do this at some point yes! It might not be today because I'm packing for my trip tomorrow but I will do it sometime since it'll be useful for a lot of folk!

Doc Morbid posted:

Please use your shield more often. Or dodge the enemy attacks with a sweet backflip. Or something, anything that doesn't involve facetanking everything. Link's gonna get serious brain damage one of these days, especially if he keeps running around with low health. :ohdear: (remember, you can get hearts from cutting the grass)

Don't worry, we're getting to the part of the game where you are punished extremely harshly for not using your shield. I did eventually pick up on that and over the next couple of videos you will get to see several minutes of me holding my shield up at things!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Fae, did you really say that you didn't have an "arrow bag"? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that arrows don't come in bags...

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

thetoughestbean posted:

Fae, did you really say that you didn't have an "arrow bag"? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that arrows don't come in bags...

I dunno. I'd have a hard time not classifying a quiver as a fancy bag. I mean, it's a container that holds stuff with an opening for putting stuff in or taking stuff out. Isn't that pretty much what a bag is?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

FoolyCharged posted:

I dunno. I'd have a hard time not classifying a quiver as a fancy bag. I mean, it's a container that holds stuff with an opening for putting stuff in or taking stuff out. Isn't that pretty much what a bag is?

Bags are generally soft and can stretch. Quivers are cylindrical and hard.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

thetoughestbean posted:

Bags are generally soft and can stretch. Quivers are cylindrical and hard.

The potential for dirty jokes in this post is astounding.

But yeah, even the game's trying to spoil itself now. :allears:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

What's the thread's consensus on spoilers regarding (Fae, don't read this!) redacted?

dublish fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 14, 2014

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

dublish posted:

Stuff that hasn't happened yet

It's something not to be discussed until she gets there.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

It's something not to be discussed until she gets there.

Yeah, but it's either one or the other and no take-backs. I think it's the only choice of its kind in the game.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
I remembered when I played Zelda and I would pretend Link got a job as a fisherman. I would catch fish in Zora's Domain and walk all the way back to Kakariko to sell the fish. This usually happened when I was stuck on a temple and I just didn't want to continue the game for a while.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Charlett posted:

I remembered when I played Zelda and I would pretend Link got a job as a fisherman. I would catch fish in Zora's Domain and walk all the way back to Kakariko to sell the fish. This usually happened when I was stuck on a temple and I just didn't want to continue the game for a while.

If only you could stuff fish from the fishing pond into bottles. Especially some of the bigger ones.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

The 3DS version not only switched C-down for one of the shoulder buttons but also committed the unforgivable crime of rotating the remaining three ocarina buttons clockwise.
Shame on you Nintendo, shame on you. :colbert:

On a completely unrelated and arguably unuseful note: Fae, how would you like to have a uh... 'pet', in you little Kokiri tree home?

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
I love watching the slow descent into anger at Navi. It started out with "Oh! That's helpful, thank you!" and by now you're at "Yes, that's nice Navi, I knew that." I'm sure by the end of the game she'll have reached full "Piss off, Navi!"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Faerie Fortune posted:

Don't worry, we're getting to the part of the game where you are punished extremely harshly for not using your shield. I did eventually pick up on that and over the next couple of videos you will get to see several minutes of me holding my shield up at things!
Yay! :buddy:

For some reason, now I'm imagining Link holding his shield up at various things including walls, trees, wobbly clocks, and horses...

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Gym used Cucco storm

It's super effective.

e: for some baffling reason, I suddenly am singing along with Saria's song with the MGS Patriots "lalilulelo" "La li lu, la li lu, la li lu le lo, la li lu le lo, la lu le lo."

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 14, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I tried drawing an animation of the noscoping octorok, but photoshop is a pain to animate in, so it turned out quite... rudimentary :ohdear:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

No, I'd say that turned out beautifully :allears:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I like the cutoff there, we don't get to find out whether you made it out of the forest correctly or not.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

But yeah, even the game's trying to spoil itself now. :allears:
I'm pretty sure the Kokiri shop's had arrows for sale since the start of the game. Makes me wonder who they were expecting to sell them to, given that Hyrule traditionally only has one bow in the entire country.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Maybe Ganondorf's folks have bows too? If the Octoroks are that good shots, think of how useful they'd be with bows.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At this rate one moment you'll be minding your own business making another chill fishing video. The next, an octorok shot will sail lazily over the walls around the pond and bean Link in the back of the head. Mark my words.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Zelda 2 was an unappreciated gem.

Not my favorite Zelda, but it's the one I prefer playing on the NES.

Then again, I might just be messed up in the head :negative:

And no, there was no bow in Zelda 2.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
I will admit... that octorok that killed you. I cringed when I heard the sound of it spitting and realized you didn't notice. And there was this horrible moment where I knew the shot was coming towards you, and you didn't know, and this wasn't a live stream, and there was nothing I could do to warn you. And then, the rock hit you in the back, square between the shoulders and you fell.

Be careful, Faerie Fortune! Seven years into the future plays for keeps!

===

Also, I agree, Zelda 2 was a good game. Not the best Zelda game, but still darn good, and with awesome temple dungeon music.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hi, friends!

I am coming at you live from a train to Carlisle :toot: my trip to see my girlfriend starts today and I won't have any internet access except for mobile internet. Updates will go up as normal but please be aware that if you send me a PM I won't be able to get to it until Saturday at the earliest! If its super important then you can reach me via twitter and I'll respond pretty quickly!

Have a good week, everyone!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Have a good one Fae.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 18 - Minotaurs with ChaosArgate and Silver Falcon

Also Fizzicist got me a christmas present! I'm not allowed to read most of it yet :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Ignore the timeline.

Except for the part where the Oracle games come before Link's Awakening, because I CALLED THAT poo poo.

• Locked thread