Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me
VoG list:

1. Evil Crouton: 31 Warlock PSN Evil_Krouton
2. 29 Hunter PSN ThermoNuke_Panda
3. Real Muscle Milk: PSN SuperFiveFive
4. Mao: 30 Warlock
5. Ultimate Mango
6. DJlunchboxx

5 of us are in orbit. Just missing Ultimate Mango.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

I might be 30 minutes out but would do this.

You still doing this?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone still need to do nightfall? PS4 pinion1313.

I want to do this method on Omnigul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laTFdS2TFiE

gently caress you bungie, I'd rather do these whenever I feel like it.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

Might as well cut your losses now and get a ps4

I dunno why but ever since the dlc came out you can shoot through knight's shields sometimes. When I did nightfall, my praedyth's timepiece was shooting through shields.

It's guns with the extra Oracle damage perk apparently, according to Planet Destiny.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anyone up for a Hard mode VoG?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Me, sadboys2004
Darthmilasmentor
Ordius
Jorgan-74
mynewdog
thechainD

Wednesday 6est, Crota fresh raid.

Good poo poo by the way guys. Crota down in about 40 or so minutes? We killed that poo poo.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Can you still get the first VoG chest solo? I'm trying to get some shards quick to pop my warlock to 30.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Stormgale posted:

Anyone up for a Hard mode VoG?

We have one missing right now. What's your PSN?

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
First Atheon kill - got Plan C and Chatterwhite shader :woop:

TA Lumpy et al!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Rama of Ra posted:

Can you still get the first VoG chest solo? I'm trying to get some shards quick to pop my warlock to 30.

No, you need to complete the plates with 6 people, 5 minimum.

Public events or buy purple armor and dismantle is it your best bet.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Rama of Ra posted:

Join a normal VoG group and then by pure coincidence have to leave suddenly due to an emergency.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Creepy Goat posted:

First Atheon kill - got Plan C and Chatterwhite shader :woop:

TA Lumpy et al!

Now to burn the disc because I loving hate this game now :v:
(Thanks, Lumpy)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Laser are you still running that hard mode VoG tonight?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Still need one for hard mode VoG before we loving Donner party each other

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me
We have 5 ready to go HM VoG. Anyone on PS4 want to join?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bob NewSCART posted:

Laser are you still running that hard mode VoG tonight?

That's the plan.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

FishBulb posted:

That's the plan.

Sweet, I'll be there my man

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

You still doing this?

Missed you guys in orbit sorry. If you still need one more invite me?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

WHAT IS YOUR NAME

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.

Ultimate Mango posted:

What's your psn?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Ultimate Mango. Thought I was in lunch's friend list. I am ready to go

Missed the damned underscore Ultimate_Mango

GogDog
Dec 20, 2012

Elbow deep.
We started a fresh Crota's End raid this week. We're on the final boss but I've lost a couple of teammates. Looking for 2 more to help us beat this thing. Anyone want to help here in a little bit?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

GogDog posted:

We started a fresh Crota's End raid this week. We're on the final boss but I've lost a couple of teammates. Looking for 2 more to help us beat this thing. Anyone want to help here in a little bit?

I'll be on in about half an hour to 45 minutes, 29 hunter, PSN is Azubah.

GogDog
Dec 20, 2012

Elbow deep.
Enemies are 32. So a 29 isn't going to be much help, unfortunately. :/

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Unless I have like an entire hallway to separate us I run/backup from titans now in pvp.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

Ultimate Mango. Thought I was in lunch's friend list. I am ready to go

Missed the damned underscore Ultimate_Mango

Sent

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So does anybody have a good link to the mechanics of the Crota fight? I think I understand the basics of it just from reading about it but I'd like to be sure before I try to run it tomorrow.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I swear PSN took 15 minutes to deliver.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

FishBulb posted:

So does anybody have a good link to the mechanics of the Crota fight? I think I understand the basics of it just from reading about it but I'd like to be sure before I try to run it tomorrow.

Watch the 3 minute speed run video an read the associated reddit post, don't have a link off hand but google should bring it up easily.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Evil Crouton posted:

We have one missing right now. What's your PSN?

Storm_gale if you still need me

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Old Timey Goon who wants to do VoG at least once, never done it ever, would like to experience it sometime.

I joined an LFG group and we made it to the templar but 2 guys kept getting disconnected so we stopped.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

plape tickler posted:

Anyone still need to do nightfall? PS4 pinion1313.

I want to do this method on Omnigul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laTFdS2TFiE

gently caress you bungie, I'd rather do these whenever I feel like it.

Me and my son tried this poo poo on the 24 weekly and got our asses handed to us. Seriously the best way to do it is from the beginning room, clear trash, take potshots. I think the dudes in the vijeo were lucky fucks. Because for us she moved more to the right of us and assploded both of us.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Hey guys, I have the Crota checkpoint (had 2 near perfect attempts ruined by an uncooperative drunk - he couldn't figure out side rotations and then his loving controller died on the next great run) and would like to finish him tonight. I'll be getting on around 10:30-11:00PM Pacific Time. psn: duelclutch

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Ill be down for whatever, just later, like 10 EST. I still have to do nightfall, VoG, whatevs. My dude is 31 so should help. Add me evaneezer110.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can cheese it from that spot with 2 people. Just have 1 stand on the rocks so they can't die and keep bringing the other guy back when they die. Works fine.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

GogDog posted:

Me please! SumerianSamurai

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

FishBulb posted:

You can cheese it from that spot with 2 people. Just have 1 stand on the rocks so they can't die and keep bringing the other guy back when they die. Works fine.

IDK, we tried and it didnt work, like I said, she moved all the way right and the dude on the rocks, my son, still took splash damage and died.

GogDog
Dec 20, 2012

Elbow deep.

smarion2 posted:

Me please! SumerianSamurai

What's your level? Have you done any Crota's End raiding yet

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Took 3 hours but we took down Crota with the goon group. A few things we learned:

1. It's again seriously all about the timing. The sword carrier should be there before he begins the kneeling animation.
2. We ended up going with all R2/smash. Each hit does 14.3k damage. In a good round you do 3 and in a great round you do 4. He has 250k health so you need 18 smash's to down him. So if you get a solid 3 in each go, with 2 go's per sword, that's 12. He had like 20% health going into into the ogres the first time.
3. No reason to get greedy. His shield recharges before he even begins to stand up.
4. We waited for him to move back to the middle from right. It's about repeatable timing, you only need 3 swords if you can get 3 smash's each time twice.
5. Some times there was a shitload of knights/exploding thralls on left as we got back from ogres. We had heavy's out.
6. It's important the sword carrier run backwards kiting the swordbearer so you can all quickly kill him together, he loves to hide. It requires trust from the sword carrier that you're clearing the thralls around him.

The sword carrier makes the raid. If he can't consistently get at least 3 smash's in you won't do it. We found 2 uppercut combos was impossible to get off in time. Plus if you can't do the last move, the smash, you're doing way less damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Thanks for that raid Miller, was fun learning all the mechanics of the fight and finally killing him felt great.

• Locked thread