Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gigi Galli posted:

lol, it should

Alternatively, make it soulex' avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Healbot posted:

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Gigi Galli posted:

I think this is true for older people but since the people who's parents moved to Turin to get jobs had kids and raised them there the kids are all Juve fans.

Actually they're probably all Napoli and Palermo fans :laugh:

Hey my cousin moved to Torino! Oh wait... (He's not a football fan at all actually)

Gigi Galli posted:

lol, it should

So, you got the juice, make it happen!

I love being in Japan, been there 3 times. Speaking and reading the language does make things a touch less awkward. Also, I'm kinda surprised you learned all those things there, I thought that poo poo was all common knowledge?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i might just make it my av i love it

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Yeah, it's good.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Gigi Galli posted:

Rami's out until next year at the earliest, added to the list of De Sciglio, Abate and Alex. FFS.

when you say next year that makes it sound real bad but then i check the date

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Slaapaav posted:

when you say next year that makes it sound real bad but then i check the date

Heh, it def isn't terrible but it's still bad.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Healbot posted:

"I swear I never said that...it was the autocorrect!"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

trem_two posted:

Someone needs to do this please.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
The Brazilian media seems to think Fiorentina are about to sign Pato in January?

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

trem_two posted:

He kinda looks like Steve Zahn like that.

For reference:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao

Props to whoever did it

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Allegri's ban was reduced to no missed matches but instead a 10k euro fine.

Dai on, you crazy diamond.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol, cool and good av for Soulex

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Allegri's ban was reduced to no missed matches but instead a 10k euro fine.

Dai on, you crazy diamond.

pffff

Ras Het posted:

The Brazilian media seems to think Fiorentina are about to sign Pato in January?

This was floating around in Italy too, but nothing substantial. I can see it happening if Babacar doesn't recover soon and they're willing to take on his inflated wages.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

trem_two posted:

lol, cool and good av for Soulex

Siiiick. Thanks mysterious AV donator!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

pffff

This was floating around in Italy too, but nothing substantial. I can see it happening if Babacar doesn't recover soon and they're willing to take on his inflated wages.

Corinthians are reportedly willing to cover part of his wages. If Illicic is sold. Also, Fiorentina are close to having a stadium approved, which is great.

Saw an article on how to improve Serie A as a brand, and I agree with it.

Bolingbroke, who worked as CEO for Premier giant Manchester United, agrees that Italian football is in a state of crisis by comparison with other Leagues, but has a substantially different outlook on how to solve it.
“Twenty years ago Serie A was the best,” he said to La Gazzetta dello Sport. “So what happened?
“The Premier League at first, then the Bundesliga, created brands. If Serie A can look to those models, it will return to the top.
“It cannot be otherwise - football and Italy walk hand in hand. The problem is that Italians do not have faith in their own product.”

The Nerazzurri CEO has clear ideas on how to make progress, and he divides them into two parts.
“First of all we must invest in the stadiums, because it would start a virtuous circle – not just for the people, but also for the media and the sponsors, who prefer better backdrops.
“Then there's globalisation. Consider the match schedules, which should have greater consideration for the Asian and American market.
“Sky and Mediaset are very important for Serie A, but a match at 20:45 on Sunday evening deters families and children because the following day they go to school.”
Bolingbroke also laid great stress on the importance of the international market.
“Take China, for example – night-time for them is the prime-time for us.
“We have a great opportunity offered by the development of digital technology. Now we can let supporters abroad experience the same emotional involvement as those who are at the stadium.
“Serie A must exploit these qualities to develop a strong brand in North America and in the East.
“There are Italian clubs like Juventus, Inter, Milan, who are strong brands in and of themselves. But Serie A collectively can add something to that.
“You cannot begin to imagine what kind of benefits we'd get out of working collectively.
“We must all work together, draw plans over the next five-10 years, and think of the system's development overall.”

Also, Allegri had his ban overturned, Vidic is pissed and is looking to move away from Inter due to playing time, and apparently Juve are wanting Falcao, which would be loving ridiculous.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Vidic is pissed and is looking to move away from Inter due to playing time

Maybe he should worry about not being loving terrible before complaining about game time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soulex posted:

Juve are wanting Falcao, which would be loving ridiculous.

I don't particularly rate Falcao, but I'd still have a bit of this.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Imagine United letting him go for cheap and then he gets back into his good form

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Drogadon posted:

Imagine United letting him go for cheap and then he gets back into his good form
They cant take him this season anyway because he's already played for two clubs

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Is he not officially there on loan or some weird poo poo?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Sandwolf posted:

I don't particularly rate Falcao, but I'd still have a bit of this.

Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world, when fit. Juve should be so lucky.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Just wanted to point out that Cagliari-Juve and Napoli-Parma are both tomorrow. Juve and Napoli will then travel to Doha for the Supercoppa, which is next Tuesday.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world, when fit. Juve should be so lucky.

"when fit."

BASICALLY we had a few seasons where we brought in poo poo, past-it strikers (Anelka, Bendtner, I whanna say there was a third but) and Falcao hasn't exactly exceeded expectations after coming back from his decently severe knee injury.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

BASICALLY we had a few seasons where we brought in poo poo, past-it strikers (Anelka, Bendtner, I whanna say there was a third but)

Borriello

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Just wanted to point out that Cagliari-Juve and Napoli-Parma are both tomorrow. Juve and Napoli will then travel to Doha for the Supercoppa, which is next Tuesday.

Forgot about this, though theoretically these should both be total blowouts by Juve and Napoli.

Also I can't wait to see the thousands of paid fans that show up to watch that poo poo in Qatar.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

"when fit."

BASICALLY we had a few seasons where we brought in poo poo, past-it strikers (Anelka, Bendtner, I whanna say there was a third but) and Falcao hasn't exactly exceeded expectations after coming back from his decently severe knee injury.

Luca Toni, Marcelo Salas, Daniel Fonseca, Darko Kovacevic, Valeri Bojinov... Fernando Llorente :twisted:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

abuse culture. posted:

Fernando Llorente :twisted:

:negative:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

abuse culture. posted:

Luca Toni, Marcelo Salas, Daniel Fonseca, Darko Kovacevic, Valeri Bojinov... Fernando Llorente :twisted:

Luca Toni is hardly past it. Dude keeps on going.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cagliari Juventus today as well as Napoli Parma. Finally a match I can watch. And I'm gonna. At the office

gently caress yeah

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

so weird to see soulex without that big red stupid clifford av

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm gonna lump a sum of money on both Juve and Napoli to win. So except them to lose or draw. Just a heads-up for the fans.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

so weird to see soulex without that big red stupid clifford av

It's great. I was tired of trying to tell everyone about why it's not smart to have anal sex with girls you just met behind a movie theater. That and I no longer and am King human being of GiP, which is good. I don't really go there anymore, not my scene.

I wish there was a comprehensive list of the stupid poo poo my autocorrect has said. I don't remember :negative:

So glad to be back in America. I went in to see my son as soon as I got home and he smiled at me (7 months old), then he started to cry, not like a "I'm scared of you!" cry but a "YOU'RE BACK!" cry. I picked him up, and he hugged onto me tighter than anything. Since then he is so happy whenever he sees me, even if I'm just walking through the room. It's really made me reevaluate my career, especially since I'm already slotted to leave again in the beginning of January (6 weeks....ugh) and at the end of June. The above scene broke my loving heart. It weighs on me so hard having to think that it's no longer just me and my wife, it's someone that depends on me to be there all the time and be there for him.

Sorry for the wall of e/n. Even more sorry for the weird transition between my old butt sex avatar and talking about my son. But I guess you are used to it by now.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

youtube it and make those oprah bucks and you'll never have to work again

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

3 minutes in, Tevez gets a rebound.

This is going to be a poo poo show for Cagliari. Almost looked offside for a second.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

3 minutes in, Tevez gets a rebound.

This is going to be a poo poo show for Cagliari. Almost looked offside for a second.

Reminder that Cagliari is in a bizarre situation now as they are a Zeman team that tied 0-0 to last place Parma over the weekend. Between this and a Palermo manager making it to Christmas I think we're nearing the end times.

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Reminder that Cagliari is in a bizarre situation now as they are a Zeman team that tied 0-0 to last place Parma over the weekend. Between this and a Palermo manager making it to Christmas I think we're nearing the end times.

God drat it, no apocalypse until Siena gets promoted back to at least Lega Pro.

Also, poor Cagliari. Nice looking goal though.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
wot a goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

And there's two.

Wow, quick as hell.