Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

colonel_korn posted:

Way to miss the point entirely you smug moron. Also in what universe does the media not encourage hysteria over purported terror attacks?

Arrrgh they're in the wrong order for an Asay joke! JJ you sly bastard!

kaschei posted:

"Cops aren't worse than 9/11" is pretty damning praise IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Erenthal posted:

Well, JJ, maybe there is a difference between a repeated pattern of the state killing its own citizens and unforeseen foreign non-state actors killing your citizens.
Uh, actually, ALL lives matter.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If cops have such a high killing stat while "protecting" people, maybe Isis had ought to get some white guys on the force.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

There are all these lone wolf killer cops around.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Terrorists' job = To kill people (among other things)
Cops' job = To protect people (among other things)

Terrorists' funding = All sorts of funneled illegal cash and whatnot
Cops' funding = Tax dollars

JJ = Idiot

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

"You're probably not going to be killed by terrorists" - No one in the news media, ever.

"You're probably not going to be killed by cops, because you're not a thug who's no angel." - Fox News, constantly.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Keith Knight, who is black, was in Germany recently doing a presentation on police brutality, with 20 years worth of cartoons he did on the subject. Here's a text version of that presentation.

Some of the cartoons:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Gentlemen, behold!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Just a reminder that JJ has done precisely zero cartoons about the plight of any people in African countries since that smarmy "Gays in Russia oppressed? What about gays in Uganda :smuggo:" cartoon.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'd like to create a new category for the Gay Abortion awards: The Ted Rall Award, which will be given for the most Ted Rall of cartoons. My nominee:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Davethulhu posted:

Gentlemen, behold!

glad i wasnt the only one thinking this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Davethulhu posted:

I'd like to create a new category for the Gay Abortion awards: The Ted Rall Award, which will be given for the most Ted Rall of cartoons. My nominee:

Not a 2014 cartoon, disqualified :colbert:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Is JJ TRYING to be stupid? Is he being a willfully dense motherfucker?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Is JJ TRYING to be stupid? Is he being a willfully dense motherfucker?
He's a contrarian that is extremely happy with the status quo.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Literally eight or nine times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist, statistically speaking.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Black people should stop being so irrational about cops. If they knew how to behave around them, there would not be a problem. Sure, cops can be aggressive, but cops are actually more afraid of us than we are of cops, so as long as people don't act threateningly or make any sudden movements they would be fine. They should also be vary if they are bleeding, as the blood in water can attract cops and trigger a frenzy which...

Never mind, I was thinking of sharks, have no idea how to deal with cops.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Rincewinds posted:

Black people should stop being so irrational about cops. If they knew how to behave around them, there would not be a problem. Sure, cops can be aggressive, but cops are actually more afraid of us than we are of cops, so as long as people don't act threateningly or make any sudden movements they would be fine. They should also be vary if they are bleeding, as the blood in water can attract cops and trigger a frenzy which...

Never mind, I was thinking of sharks, have no idea how to deal with cops.

You want to raise your arms and whatever objects you have on you up in the air to try and make yourself look as big as possible while making loud noises. If they charge at you don't run and they'll back down.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Davethulhu posted:

Gentlemen, behold!

Gentlemen, I bring you....MORE CORN! This time, will be DIFFERENT!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Literally eight or nine times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist, statistically speaking.

Have the army and the cops trade duties. At least the army has better trigger discipline.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

colonel_korn posted:

Way to miss the point entirely you smug moron. Also in what universe does the media not encourage hysteria over purported terror attacks?

quote:

That number – which only includes self-reported information from about 750 law enforcement agencies – hovers around 400 “justifiable homicides” by police officers each year. The DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics also tracks “arrest-related deaths.” But the department stopped releasing those numbers after 2009, because, like the FBI data, they were widely regarded as unreliable.
Hmmmmmmm. I wonder if perhaps this could have some kind of effect on your statistics JJ.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I really have to give Terry McAuliffe credit here, dude campaigned on expanding Medicaid and he absolutely will not loving give up on getting Medicaid expanded, no matter how long it takes or what Republicans throw at him.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/virginia/2014/12/15/sources-va-gov-to-include-medicaid-expansion-in-budget/20422843/

quote:

When Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe unveils his budget proposal next week it will include a top but elusive goal: expanding Medicaid eligibility for low-income Virginians, according to two sources.

On Wednesday, McAuliffe is set to present a midcourse correction to the state's two-year budget to be considered by lawmakers during the 2015 legislative session. Two state officials who have been briefed on the governor's plans but spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not allowed to discuss them publicly said the plan will include expanding publicly funded Medicaid health insurance eligibility to about 400,000 able-bodied, low-income adults.

The GOP-controlled General Assembly has repeatedly rejected McAuliffe's efforts to expand the program this year and is almost certain to do so again during next year's session, which begins in January. But even if a Medicaid expansion proposal is highly unlikely to succeed, some supporters want the governor to try anyway. "Some issues are worth fighting for, and this is one of them," said House Democratic Minority Leader David Toscano.

House Majority Leader Kirk Cox said McAuliffe's efforts to resurrect Medicaid expansion will be counterproductive and only hurt his relationships with Republican lawmakers.:lol:

"We've taken three votes on Medicaid expansion; he knows where we're at," Cox said.
I'm not sure what strange universe I've been dropped into where I can feel legitimately proud of Terry McAuliffe.:patriot:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah, JRROSE!, it's definitely the people living here who don't want the expansion, it's not the Republican politicians being assholes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fade5 posted:

I really have to give Terry McAuliffe credit here, dude campaigned on expanding Medicaid and he absolutely will not loving give up on getting Medicaid expanded, no matter how long it takes or what Republicans throw at him.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/virginia/2014/12/15/sources-va-gov-to-include-medicaid-expansion-in-budget/20422843/

I'm not sure what strange universe I've been dropped into where I can feel legitimately proud of Terry McAuliffe.:patriot:

Uh well it's definitely not this universe. Gonna take a little more then that for me to feel proud of him.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

colonel_korn posted:

Cops: somewhat less deadly than massive terrorist attacks, largely preferable to ebola virus, only figuratively made of excrement and hell

kaschei posted:

"Cops aren't worse than 9/11" is pretty damning praise IMO

in re: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Cops: somewhat less deadly than massive terrorist attacks, largely preferable to ebola virus, only figuratively made of excrement and hell

in re: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMqWAiWPMs

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

fade5 posted:

Just fifty more and he'll catch up to Congress' attempts to overturn the ACA!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

CommieGIR posted:

Gentlemen, I bring you....MORE CORN! This time, will be DIFFERENT!

HAHA BUT THIS TIME IT WASNT DIFFERENT AT ALL!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

Just fifty more and he'll catch up to Congress' attempts to overturn the ACA!
Sounds good to me, I'm all for taking Republican tactics and using them; gently caress playing nice. Besides, Virginia's having State Senate elections in 2015, so it seems like constantly reminding Democrats about the Medicaid expansion would be a good thing for Democratic motivation/turnout. You know, especially Mark Warner only won his seat by 17,723 votes in what should have been a blowout. Giving people a reason to turnout is really important, especially in off-off-year elections.

Say, anyone know what happened to Jerm (aka "South African Mike Lester")? I'm curious because as lovely as his cartoons were/are, it was kinda cool to see some non-US cartoons posted, especially since you don't really hear about South Africa all that often.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
Is there room at the Gay Abortions for a category of biggest concern troll? That JJ is a good contender but I'd imagine there'd be a lot of them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

colonel_korn posted:

I avert my eyes as the terrorist technical truck rolls down my street. It's important to act nonchalant, try to avoid their attention. Just last week a friend of mine was hassled by terrorists downtown for his Coexist shirt, they threatened to kidnap him but only ended up fining him a couple chickens for violating fatwa. They're thugs who think they can bully us into doing what they want, when they want it, forgetting their mandate of setting up a global caliphate. Sometimes I question why we let them hold these positions of power unfettered and without oversight, but then I'm inevitably reminded of the horrible day when cops did 9/11 . . .

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:allears:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

lol

I really can't help but wonder if he actually believes this, or this is just what he wants to be true.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm waiting for the inevitable GOP backlash as their corporate paymasters tell them to shut the gently caress up because of the insane amounts of money to be made once trade begins again.

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

And Jack was a loving idiot who traded cows for beans, the end.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Did Costco do something that made them a bad company or something? Is that why they're in all the Cuban comics? Did they go off and become like all other big box retailers?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fangs and skulls. :allears: I think political cartoons of Nazis have been more restrained.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I can't believe Obama capitulated when we were this close to winning…uh, hm.

Anyway, let's increase trade with Russia!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Obama is Jesus Christ, our lord and savior. A good cartoon?

Also, what the hell is going on with that camel, is it covered in blood?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

KiteAuraan posted:

Did Costco do something that made them a bad company or something? Is that why they're in all the Cuban comics? Did they go off and become like all other big box retailers?

Nah I think it's just for the pun in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Thought you guys would appreciate this thing from the UK thread.

• Locked thread