Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Eldercain posted:

I think you'd be better off releasing today if it's gonna take another month and a half to get graphics done for everything. Even just a placeholder empty/seethrough icon would be fine to keep the style the same.

Then again, I could just want to play shark game's update soooooooooo maybe I'm not the best person to ask?

Can you not just like, mspaint some poo poo together?

I would like to echo this sentiment. I want more sharkgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cirrial posted:

So I think I'm ready to release the next version of shark game except I'm missing like 100 icons and a few dozen other miscellaneous images on top. Should I release this game later today with partially done graphics, adding the missing graphics in over time, or sit on it longer and release it sometime in February? Given existing feedback there's already options to just turn the graphics off altogether if it would bug anyone severely.

:justpost:

Your game is honestly one of the most fun. It works from start to finish and is awfully well polished. Keep working on the art though!

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 17, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I would like to echo this sentiment. I want more sharkgame.

Yes, this. I want to torment my buddy who's into sharks by telling him about new and improved sharkgame.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Cirrial posted:

So I think I'm ready to release the next version of shark game except I'm missing like 100 icons and a few dozen other miscellaneous images on top. Should I release this game later today with partially done graphics, adding the missing graphics in over time, or sit on it longer and release it sometime in February? Given existing feedback there's already options to just turn the graphics off altogether if it would bug anyone severely.

Need more sharks. Hth.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'd also like to play sharkgame, it sounds neat and even partially completed graphics will be more neat.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I actually pop on ever couple of weeks to see if sharkgame has updated only to be disappointed every time.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Link to sharkgame is required.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hob_Gadling posted:

Link to sharkgame is required.

Link to sharkgame is provided.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Link to sharkgame is provided.

Sharks.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Phelddagrif posted:

I just hit the same point a day or two ago.

Now export your save and hard reset!

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
In Matter of Scale my talent is currently about -32000% on the managers screen. Is this the normal starting location or did something go wrong? I haven't been playing for very long and just recently got my first city. If this is broken, and there is a way to fix the save game without restarting that would be great too.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OrangeOrbit posted:

In Matter of Scale my talent is currently about -32000% on the managers screen. Is this the normal starting location or did something go wrong? I haven't been playing for very long and just recently got my first city. If this is broken, and there is a way to fix the save game without restarting that would be great too.

AFAIK this is intentional, although very bizzare. I'm at about -24k right now. You get +.5 for each hamlet completion, and double as you go up the line. It is part of the randomization of manager abilities (I think it affects color which is how many actual abilities they have) so it isn't a set in stone thing. You can get pretty drat good managers if you manage to get lucky, and the current talent is taken into account during retraining so you don't need to not get more managers because of your talent level.

I really hate the clickables in that game though, and they bug out and stop if you don't babysit them for about 30 minutes. Unfortunately the only other way to get votes appears to be their accrual in 10-15 per day.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Matter of Scale bugged out for me. None of the autobuys work anymore and I don't get extra points from the buildings. Looks dead to me.

Onwards to sharks!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Exploration time:
1:46:51

Is the shark game supposed to be that short?

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012
I, uh, still haven't updated it yet. However, it's probably going to be only just as short. Everything I add makes the game wider, not deeper, I think, but we'll see how things turn out.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Hob_Gadling posted:

Matter of Scale bugged out for me. None of the autobuys work anymore and I don't get extra points from the buildings. Looks dead to me.

Onwards to sharks!

This happened to me, but then I paused and unpaused it.

Why an idle game would have a pause button is beyond my feeble understanding.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a script for auto clicking in Mine Defense? Right now I've got a program to run that emulates mouse clicks, but that requires keeping the MD tab open and never moving the mouse which kind of defeats the point of a clicker.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

Is there a script for auto clicking in Mine Defense? Right now I've got a program to run that emulates mouse clicks, but that requires keeping the MD tab open and never moving the mouse which kind of defeats the point of a clicker.

Java console: var autoclick = setInterval(MD.dig,100)

Alter 100 to how often you want to autoclick in milliseconds (100 is 10 clicks a second, etc).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Neat, thanks. Also hi I'm Kiyro Eatknight. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

Neat, thanks. Also hi I'm Kiyro Eatknight. :v:

Yeah, I had kinda pieced it together from posts in the FF14 thread :v:

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012
Yeah uh on further reflection my question here was premature. I don't think I can release before tomorrow. Sorry for getting your hopes up, guys :(

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cirrial posted:

Yeah uh on further reflection my question here was premature. I don't think I can release before tomorrow. Sorry for getting your hopes up, guys :(

No, it's cool. It's your game. It's not like we're paying for it or anything. Put it up when it's ready.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I started out Shark Game with a pretty good overview of what I needed to produce to reach the next goal, but now I have like 6 goals at the same time and I'm just clicking everything on the first tab like an idiot. :downs:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Last time I played shark game you could still jam apples into the recyler and basically you won the game once you got that + planter crabs.

Probably a good idea to have taken that out.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I think I'm stumped in mine defense. The oracle is telling me to get 1,000 Sandshrews, but by raw gold that's miles out of my reach and I don't produce gems nearly fast enough to transmute my way there at any remotely reasonable rate. I just got the pickaxe that digs up gems, but even with an autoclicker it finds them slower than my alchemists already did. I'm boosting my Hive Queens as much as I can, but both the cost of buying more and the cost of imbuing them has gotten extremely high and their numbers are high enough that each individual boost does almost nothing. Is sitting on my hands and letting it run itself for 20 hours my only option at this point? Like I know it's an idle game, but up to this point there has pretty consistently been SOMETHING I could do just about all the time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There are several points in MD where you either have to idle for a day or two, or cheat. It's not very consistent.

I happen to be stuck at another one right now! A day after building all four elemental shrines my total essence is only about 25k out of the 100k I need. And dragonscales/flax generate so slowly I can't upgrade them significantly any more.

I've also got days to go before I alchemize up to one trillion of every hireling for the last set of upgrades.

Protip: there are some really good hireling upgrades at the one billion mark. The bloodhound one makes them eat ants to increase alchemy yield, and there's another one (I can't remember which) which makes a second hireling type generate several orders of magnitude more dirt than Baggers. Once you have that every other method of generating tradeable resources becomes obsolete, because you can just trade up from dirt to trillions of steel/coal.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 18, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

There are several points in MD where you either have to idle for a day or two, or cheat. It's not very consistent.

I happen to be stuck at another one right now! A day after building all four elemental shrines my total essence is only about 25k out of the 100k I need. And dragonscales/flax generate so slowly I can't upgrade them significantly any more.

I've also got days to go before I alchemize up to one trillion of every hireling for the last set of upgrades.

Protip: there are some really good hireling upgrades at the one billion mark. The bloodhound one makes them eat ants to increase alchemy yield, and there's another one (I can't remember which) which makes a second hireling type generate several orders of magnitude more dirt than Baggers. Once you have that every other method of generating tradeable resources becomes obsolete, because you can just trade up from dirt to trillions of steel/coal.

The flax/essence problems are supposed to be fixed Saturday. He's going to downgrade essence costs and make one of the hirelings have a chance of finding flax. Supposedly at least. There's a topic on the subreddit he made specifically for complaining about balance.

Personally I want a way to lower goblin HP because I lost a 1T wall with 300 mages defending it. That'll teach me for letting the traps lapse. Never doing that again.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Len posted:

The flax/essence problems are supposed to be fixed Saturday. He's going to downgrade essence costs and make one of the hirelings have a chance of finding flax. Supposedly at least. There's a topic on the subreddit he made specifically for complaining about balance.

Personally I want a way to lower goblin HP because I lost a 1T wall with 300 mages defending it. That'll teach me for letting the traps lapse. Never doing that again.

Flax isn't so bad really because the hunters are kind of crap for dragonscale compared to hounds. I easily got all my shrines to 30 (water to 40) after one night with the water shrine + alchemy running. I guess they might be good once you can create them in the trillions but the flax generation even with a fix will probably end up being a massive grind. I'm currently on day 2 of waiting for enough food for the second dragon feeding and I even have that awful 50k education food upgrade. In the meantime I have all my hirelings alchemizing with all my leftover alchemists on bloodhounds since they speed the entire process up so much with their OP buff.

I guess I should see if I'm swimming in dirt now because I do not remember having a lot of options for trading for steel to upgrade buildings and conquest is SO TEDIOUS. I actually just straight skipped from 5k to 10k in the console because clicking between conquest and the bombing window for several hours did not sound like my idea of a good time, and the automated one at the graveyard turns off if you lose, which you will sometimes because of how conquest works.

IIRC the gem grind you're at now LAY-ZX is just kind of terrible regardless. It's kind of a morass for a while, then you get to buildings etc and things smooth out again.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Flax isn't so bad really because the hunters are kind of crap for dragonscale compared to hounds. I easily got all my shrines to 30 (water to 40) after one night with the water shrine + alchemy running. I guess they might be good once you can create them in the trillions but the flax generation even with a fix will probably end up being a massive grind. I'm currently on day 2 of waiting for enough food for the second dragon feeding and I even have that awful 50k education food upgrade. In the meantime I have all my hirelings alchemizing with all my leftover alchemists on bloodhounds since they speed the entire process up so much with their OP buff.

I guess I should see if I'm swimming in dirt now because I do not remember having a lot of options for trading for steel to upgrade buildings and conquest is SO TEDIOUS. I actually just straight skipped from 5k to 10k in the console because clicking between conquest and the bombing window for several hours did not sound like my idea of a good time, and the automated one at the graveyard turns off if you lose, which you will sometimes because of how conquest works.

IIRC the gem grind you're at now LAY-ZX is just kind of terrible regardless. It's kind of a morass for a while, then you get to buildings etc and things smooth out again.

With 100 dragon hunters you unlock the ability to alchemize them. Which would be useful because the essence costs are ridiculous. I just got started on the step after novice dragon and 10% costs 100k fire. So that's my current plan.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Len posted:

With 100 dragon hunters you unlock the ability to alchemize them. Which would be useful because the essence costs are ridiculous. I just got started on the step after novice dragon and 10% costs 100k fire. So that's my current plan.

Yeah, but I can't see getting 100 dragon hunters for weeks unless the flax upgrade is pretty substantial. I get maybe 1-2 per day, and flax generation just doesn't go up in any meaningful way.

Either way I'm hoarding essence. I imagine I'll probably be hitting the next set of hireling upgrades in a day or two so I'll reserve my judgements till all that's flowing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Yeah, but I can't see getting 100 dragon hunters for weeks unless the flax upgrade is pretty substantial. I get maybe 1-2 per day, and flax generation just doesn't go up in any meaningful way.

Either way I'm hoarding essence. I imagine I'll probably be hitting the next set of hireling upgrades in a day or two so I'll reserve my judgements till all that's flowing.

It's supposed to be like the Wyvern and Adamantium. I don't remember what the hireling is gonna be though. So having 1T of it should speed up production quite a bit.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Oh hey, AI:TG just had a pretty huge content patch hit so if you used to play you might want to check it out.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Anti-idle's always looked like such a clusterfuck, is there a cohesive game there?

Mine game's had a string of updates raising the currency droprate, seems more reasonable now if you're looking for something that doesn't need much attention.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

Anti-idle's always looked like such a clusterfuck, is there a cohesive game there?

Mine game's had a string of updates raising the currency droprate, seems more reasonable now if you're looking for something that doesn't need much attention.

A lot of polish went into this last update, and as much as the game is kind of a jumble of features, it does kind of all come together nicely. It is not for the faint of heart though and you won't even be midgame til 6 months in.

edit: why did I just build a huge fuckoff hole that I can only use to kill my dragon? I don't see any reason to be doing that.

And whoever mentioned dirt, thanks, that was the key to getting all the stuff I needed to power up my dragon.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 19, 2014

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Why won't it autobuy for me in Matter of Scale? Is that feature busted or is there something I need to do to activate it besides checking it.

Edit: Oh it's the tiny little bar that appears under one of them. Many this game is barebones as hell.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 19, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Essence really is dragging Mine Defense down and I really hope he has some good patch for it this weekend like he says he will. Short of upgrading and sacrificing lots of dragons I just don't see how you can effectively get as much as it wants.

There's a neurochryslis upgrade for scholars adding % to essence generation: ((# scholars)^(0.33)) / 100 but even at 3 million scholars the bonus is worthless. Giving a whole 1.372% modifier.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Len posted:

Bombing enemies in the blacksmith will lower goblin level/hp

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Len posted:

There's a neurochryslis upgrade for scholars adding % to essence generation: ((# scholars)^(0.33)) / 100 but even at 3 million scholars the bonus is worthless. Giving a whole 1.372% modifier.
It's not that bad. it's a multiplier, not a percent, so in your example it's actually a 37.2% bonus. At 10 million it doubles your income, and that's easy to hit since you can have 200-300k population then.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

It's not that bad. it's a multiplier, not a percent, so in your example it's actually a 37.2% bonus. At 10 million it doubles your income, and that's easy to hit since you can have 200-300k population then.

Oh well then yeah that's way better than I thought it would be. My bad numbers and math are dark magic.

• Locked thread