Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

lol french bread actually made that? i didnt know
the melty blood/uniel composer actually did the music for it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Redmark posted:

I meant more like blurbs or something on why the games are interesting. I don't really want to find out manually which ones are just "cult running gags".

Windjammers is basically extreme frisbee. You play one of six charaters. All six fall under 1 of 3 skill levels (Beginner, Medium, & Expert). These are divided mostly in how their statistics even out (Speed and Power). The heavy set characters are under expert due to being more power and weight reliant in a game about high-speed frsibee tossing, while the faster characters fall under beginner level due to them being easier to respond to immediate returns with. The goal of the game is to win two sets out of three. You do this by either scoring 12 points or having more points after the timer runs out (30 seconds). Scoring points is done through getting the disc into the opponent's net where you can score either 3 or 5 points depending on where it hits or by the opponent missing a catch off of a lob which earns you 2 points. A big part of why WIndjammers is really fun is because of how simple the game is, but due to the simplicity it is complex.

Starting out at a basic area you toss the disc and you can choose what to do from there, whether you just do a normal toss, bounce it off of the wall, hell you can even curve the trajectory of the disc by doing a half circle with the toss. If you want to you can even psyche out the opponent in the middle of an intense back and forth by just lobbing the drat thing and getting points off of that. Stage selection also can factor in due to certain stages having barriers which can mess with the trajectory of the disc or an area which inreases the size of the 5-point section of the net. There are even special throws which you get from staying under the spot where the disc and your character charges up to do his super move. If the opponent catches the special throw then they can return it with just as much force. Although you are not just limited to a special throw, you can even use a special lob which falls under the same conditions, but you just lob the disc to different sections of the net and its wheels itself into the net like it's a drat Beyblade.There's a lot of cool stuff in Windjammers and everyone else should totally play it.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Redmark posted:

I meant more like blurbs or something on why the games are interesting. I don't really want to find out manually which ones are just "cult running gags".

The answer is just loving play Windjammers.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

the melty blood/uniel composer actually did the music for it too

it's super good, i remember importing the actual physical OST 10 years ago

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone play Windjammers, god dammit.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
You might think that karnov's is the best game in the storied genre of "fighting games whose titles end in the word Revenge," but it's actually Breaker's Revenge

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Sade posted:

You might think that karnov's is the best game in the storied genre of "fighting games whose titles end in the word Revenge," but it's actually Breaker's Revenge

Just when you think the thread is devoid of good posts, one appears before you

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Are you implying that posts from JesusLovesRonwell are not the second coming of Christ himself?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Windjammers is basically video game air hockey with super moves, which means it's so simple that almost anyone can pick up and play it. Fighting players love it because it's a versus game and we're all methheads for competition and gambling.

e: Also it's well-made, obscure, and unintentionally goofy, which means that it's a shoo-in for being a goon favorite

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Windjammers looks about as exciting as divekick.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

inthesto posted:

Windjammers is basically video game air hockey with super moves, which means it's so simple that almost anyone can pick up and play it. Fighting players love it because it's a versus game and we're all methheads for competition and gambling.

e: Also it's well-made, obscure, and unintentionally goofy, which means that it's a shoo-in for being a goon favorite

its flashy and has good gamefeel

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not unlike everyone's mothers.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I've only played Windjammers once but I really fell in love with it. Seriously, everyone should give it a shot.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Windjammers is basically extreme frisbee. You play one of six charaters. All six fall under 1 of 3 skill levels (Beginner, Medium, & Expert). These are divided mostly in how their statistics even out (Speed and Power). The heavy set characters are under expert due to being more power and weight reliant in a game about high-speed frsibee tossing, while the faster characters fall under beginner level due to them being easier to respond to immediate returns with. The goal of the game is to win two sets out of three. You do this by either scoring 12 points or having more points after the timer runs out (30 seconds). Scoring points is done through getting the disc into the opponent's net where you can score either 3 or 5 points depending on where it hits or by the opponent missing a catch off of a lob which earns you 2 points. A big part of why WIndjammers is really fun is because of how simple the game is, but due to the simplicity it is complex.

Starting out at a basic area you toss the disc and you can choose what to do from there, whether you just do a normal toss, bounce it off of the wall, hell you can even curve the trajectory of the disc by doing a half circle with the toss. If you want to you can even psyche out the opponent in the middle of an intense back and forth by just lobbing the drat thing and getting points off of that. Stage selection also can factor in due to certain stages having barriers which can mess with the trajectory of the disc or an area which inreases the size of the 5-point section of the net. There are even special throws which you get from staying under the spot where the disc and your character charges up to do his super move. If the opponent catches the special throw then they can return it with just as much force. Although you are not just limited to a special throw, you can even use a special lob which falls under the same conditions, but you just lob the disc to different sections of the net and its wheels itself into the net like it's a drat Beyblade.There's a lot of cool stuff in Windjammers and everyone else should totally play it.

so it's lethal league but airhockey

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

everythingWasBees posted:

so it's lethal league but airhockey

Lethal League has a better soundtrack

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

holy poo poo it actually does look like lethal league but airhockey
this kinda owns

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Beef Waifu posted:

Everyone play Windjammers, god dammit.

I want to have another goon tournament for this game to prove I am still the best at it.~

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Krakhan posted:

I want to have another goon tournament for this game to prove I am still the best at it.~

I will body you, son. Let's do this.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

That's pretty rad man. Care to elaborate, like, at all?

(Was it Skullgirls by any chance? For research/references, did you like look at all the cosplay posts on Eventhubs or something lmao)

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
You are a worse poster than the "let's talk about Smash Bros" guy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brosnan posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brosnan posted:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I'm emptyquoting Brosnan.

Also requesting new thread title be "lol Have you actually worked on a fighting game?"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Krakhan posted:

you only won because I didnt get home in time to enter.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I'm emptyquoting Brosnan.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I too will emptyquote Brosnan.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

call of duty is baby garbage and not an fps like quake

Pretty much, yeah.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
know your mouse-controlled fighter

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

uncleKitchener posted:

know your mouse-controlled fighter

Jedi Knight?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Let's go back to the SF2 of shooters, DOOM

BFG9000 was my first Shinku Haduken

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Brosnan posted:

Endorph posted:

Brosnan posted:

Brosnan posted:

B-b-but, all three of you are terrible posters too. (You would see this if you read your own posts.)

Anyway, LBM, which fighting game did you work on bro?

(I love the fighting game thread, and the asocial-sexual trolls who live under its bridge.)

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

B-b-but, all three of you are terrible posters too. (You would see this if you read your own posts.)

(I love the fighting game thread, and the asocial-sexual trolls who live under its bridge.)
you're so consistently lovely in every thread and post. I genuinely enjoy reading your posts.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
real fighting games like marvel contest of champions
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kabam.marvelbattle

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
this is my main game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS5dvnRiKdQ

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Ixiggle posted:

As well as breakers and windjammers and my personal favorite samsho5s

i loving hate breakers though!!!!
Samsho will always be my first love. 5s is good, but I mainly play 2.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Zand posted:

you're so consistently lovely in every thread and post. I genuinely enjoy reading your posts.

Zand, I think you may be the only one here who "gets" me, you know?

(This is some serious pot calling the kettle black action. You are easily top-tier poo poo. You need to rehab yourself like Broken Loose.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

[/quote]

[/quote]
why do you keep posting

ill give you anything you want to stop

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

uncleKitchener posted:

Here's a cool fighting game everyone should play or else you're a loser:

http://youtu.be/bSlHlZmps80

From a page back but I just wanted to mention how I non-ironically dig that weapons trailer.

I owned the game for PS2 and had no idea you could ever pull that kind of poo poo.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

[/quote]
why do you keep posting

ill give you anything you want to stop
[/quote]

No one's forcing you to read my posts. Just put me on ignore.

Barring those two things, if you want me to stop posting completely, man up and buy me a PS4, a TE2, and the PS4 version of GGXrdSE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what the gently caress happened to that quote chain

• Locked thread