Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
congratulations! this thread is eligible for a dog flood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we had this thread like 10 days ago with a different news story
it turned out that the people who think actively breeding for specific traits over many successive generations wouldnt have a statistically measurable effect are idiots

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
quoting for page 2: a dog that is good for petting and/or belly rubs

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
WGN reports that prior to gifting the dog his bone, Eddie phoned his wife to declare himself Meat Santa then donned a full body length jacket woven from an assortment of dehydrated meats. "Duck Jerky was Fat Boy's favorite," Cahill's wife told WGN.

Tonsured fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 27, 2014

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

the pitbulls will increase by double until my demands are met

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Everyone should own Wirehaired Pointing Griffons.

They are considered to be "4 wheel drive hunters", are super intelligent and loyal, and were bred from the outset for a loving, family oriented temperament

:3: :3: :3:

These dogs look like muppets.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if florida man had been there he'd have eaten the dogs

indiana man is a bitch

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sUEaATniCo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Plafop posted:

Golden retrievers are more violent, so we should start with them.

agreed

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Damo posted:

dogs with flat faces are ugly as gently caress

why would you want a pit bull, or really any dog over like 40 pounds. you must be crazy

lmao, no. look at this priss who'd piss his pants the thought of owning a german shepherd, or god forbid a newfoundland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7i5IzsXYxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Et4FOUY9s

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 27, 2014

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Really good dog. Holy poo poo.

sleepycat
Apr 21, 2004

Mmmm
Dinosaur Gum

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm glad there's a special model of dog only dumb fuckers own, rather than dumb fuckers just owning whatever normal kind of dog and being slightly harder to identify and discriminate against.

true. euthanize all pit bulls and their owners.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Instead of killing all pit bulls why don't we just breed them into oblivion.

We're really good at manipulating dog genes by now.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
dogpostin' my lee dog

he's an australian shepherd and due to years of abuse he tries to kill people he doesn't know

i adopted him because i am not a smart man

and no one that is not my mommy or a repairman has been in my house in the 5 years ive lived here so its not like he's cramping my style

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Viridiant posted:

Instead of killing all pit bulls why don't we just breed them into oblivion.

We're really good at manipulating dog genes by now.

this is a good plan

breed them with pugs until they cant bite anything without biting their own tongues

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

egon_beeblebrox posted:

These dogs look like muppets.

Not kidding I was one hundred percent certain this would be a reply

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Doctor J Off posted:

its funny that you never hear of cats mauling people to death

That's because if a cat wants you dead it will trip you down the stairs, poison your milk or cut the brake lines on your car.

Or coax your pit bull into mauling you to death.

edit:
more muppet dogs please

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Keeshound best dog.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Wulfolme posted:

dogpostin' my lee dog

he's an australian shepherd and due to years of abuse he tries to kill people he doesn't know

i adopted him because i am not a smart man

and no one that is not my mommy or a repairman has been in my house in the 5 years ive lived here so its not like he's cramping my style

Good dog.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Torka posted:

the ugly duckling grew into a beautiful swan, an disgusting flat faced mutt will always be a disgusting flat faced mutt

it will briefly be a disgusting flat-faced mutt and then once genetic disorders and breathing problems have their way with it it'll be korean bbq like god intended

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Whiskey Sours posted:

That's because if a cat wants you dead it will trip you down the stairs, poison your milk or cut the brake lines on your car.

Or coax your pit bull into mauling you to death.

edit:
more muppet dogs please

as you wish

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pit bulls aren't really the problem so much as the type of people that are apt to buy them. Low-class dumb asses tend to treat their pets like crap and disposable and give zero fucks about properly training their dog, whatever the breed.

sleepycat
Apr 21, 2004

Mmmm
Dinosaur Gum

Zeno-25 posted:

Pit bulls aren't really the problem so much as the type of people that are apt to buy them. Low-class dumb asses tend to treat their pets like crap and disposable and give zero fucks about properly training their dog, whatever the breed.

Pit bulls are owned to be a weapon and/or status symbol, so yes, they are part of the problem

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lol if youre a beta bitch owner who can't take your dog's bone from his mouth without getting mauled to death

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

if i ever decide to finally cast off the shackles of this gay mortal earth i'm going to buy a bunch of pitbulls and keep them in cages and spray them with water and make them fight for their food and play dogwhistle sounds on infinite loop

every day i will look them each in the eye, just out of reach, and poke them with sticks and laugh at them. when they are grown and strong and instilled with full hatred for me i will stop feeding them entirely until one of them kills and consumes his brothers for survival. on the day that one dog reigns supreme and displays maximum survival instinct i will open all of the doors to my house and then stand in front of the cage.

i will open the cage and strike a christ pose while the dog bites my arteries. death will come for me but it will be peaceful for even though i will be torn apart by an angry pit bull and he'll probably, like, run out the doors to my house and begin terrorizing the neighborhood and the soundtrack to my demise will be angry dog noises and shouting, i will still die knowing that somewhere, soon afterwards, someone will be convinced not to buy a loving dog because of it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cock hero flux posted:

if i ever decide to finally cast off the shackles of this gay mortal earth i'm going to buy a bunch of pitbulls and keep them in cages and spray them with water and make them fight for their food and play dogwhistle sounds on infinite loop

every day i will look them each in the eye, just out of reach, and poke them with sticks and laugh at them. when they are grown and strong and instilled with full hatred for me i will stop feeding them entirely until one of them kills and consumes his brothers for survival. on the day that one dog reigns supreme and displays maximum survival instinct i will open all of the doors to my house and then stand in front of the cage.

i will open the cage and strike a christ pose while the dog bites my arteries. death will come for me but it will be peaceful for even though i will be torn apart by an angry pit bull and he'll probably, like, run out the doors to my house and begin terrorizing the neighborhood and the soundtrack to my demise will be angry dog noises and shouting, i will still die knowing that somewhere, soon afterwards, someone will be convinced not to buy a loving dog because of it

so what

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

cock hero flux posted:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
IME dogs of fairly widely differing breed/temperament tend to turn out very similar when owned by the same person. Hate to break it to you that that guy who 'sure loved his dogs' is kind of like the guy who 'was a loving father' right up until the day it turned out he was beating his kids and poo poo.

Still dogs are like, physically dangerous creatures and the only thing that keeps them from mauling you up is whatever's going on inside their brain that makes them decide they like you. I have a half whippet half lab shelter dog and whenever I give her a granola chew I'm reminded that she could probably very likely bite off a finger with minimal effort with the force those jaws have.

Zeno-25 posted:

Yeah, Rotts, Dobermans, and German Shepherds all used to have the killer dog rep. They look tough and mean and when they're territorial they sure sound and act mean. People who get dogs for "guard dogs" probably don't treat them very well and sure as gently caress aren't going to spend the time and effort to properly socialize them.

I absolutely guarantee a Golden could gently caress your poo poo up if you treated it the way some people treat whatever the murderdog of the decade is.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 27, 2014

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

corgei

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i was just gunna post corgis

everyone should own a corgi mix, not stupid loving pit/pug mixes.

worst that will happen is you die of cuteness

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
My sister has a corgi, that dog is so drat fast even with those tiny stubby legs.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jace Madan posted:

My sister has a corgi, that dog is so drat fast even with those tiny stubby legs.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

beagles are the best dogs but corgi/beagle mix is an acceptable compromise

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if you own a dog your a fag

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
These threads usually just bring out people on the extremes but i would not personally own one because there is a social stigma associated with it and also i have to interest in a dog like that.

I like labradors because while they are high energy they tend to be smart and kind. I want a hairy, barky friend, not an alarm system that tears throats.

Though i really do blame the owners and not the dogs. Simply bc owners,choose to own them and it isnt the dogs fault they were bred to murder people.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

gggiiimmmppp posted:

beagles are the best dogs but corgi/beagle mix is an acceptable compromise

O my FOCKIN G*D

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

cock hero flux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jUT6e_32M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I sure love my Clydesdale Mr. Clompy even though I live in a third floor studio apartment, he hardly ever tramples people

• Locked thread