Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Just tried this out and I'm really impressed. It's a lot like Solforge but without the suck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RingKing2
Aug 6, 2005
Ok I'm hearing that its a bug currently that you don't get IP from a rift run if you get 8 or more wins, and that they know about it, if anyone was curious.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

RingKing2 posted:

Ok I'm hearing that its a bug currently that you don't get IP from a rift run if you get 8 or more wins, and that they know about it, if anyone was curious.

ya i got a like 12 or something win streak and got a bunch of cards and cried and cried

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Haven't played this in a few months, gonna have to break it out again :getin:. Any updates on the mobile clients?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lprsti99 posted:

Haven't played this in a few months, gonna have to break it out again :getin:. Any updates on the mobile clients?

Since my UVerse is out I looked into the mobile version. Looks like there was a mobile beta that worked but was taken down for the order release and won't be up until they take people off the stuff they are doing to finish it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lprsti99 posted:

They want the desktop client to be in as bug free of a state as they can before they go and tackle the mobile side of things. I'd love this on Android :allears:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

They want the desktop client to be in as bug free of a state as they can before they go and tackle the mobile side of things. I'd love this on Android :allears:

With my tiny rear end phone screen and sitting on a train Ill pass. Probably one of those trendy ipad games that everyone is trying to cashgrab the gently caress out of the moblie market with subpar excuses for games. I installed Scorched Earth on my Android Phone and some SNES roms and have been golden for a long time.

On topic of cards. The Genesis spy is totally cool for making a deck saturation deck. Now if I could just get it to work against Stanley's bullshit ...

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Are you having any success with the spy? I don't end up against him much, but he seems to slow GI decks down when he's in the command zone.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Stanley Pain posted:

Last I checked the desktop version didnt event support 1920x1200 resolution so it's a while out

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Donnerberg posted:

Are you having any success with the spy? I don't end up against him much, but he seems to slow GI decks down when he's in the command zone.

I put three in the command zone and three in the deck. Played against an triple exile deck in ranked and he made me discard my hand and redraw and he pmed me that every card he drew was misinformation. So I would say it is at least funny.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
So how often does this game get patched? I'm really only interested in rift runs, and it sounds like the reward system for that mode is broken right now?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Megasabin posted:

So how often does this game get patched? I'm really only interested in rift runs, and it sounds like the reward system for that mode is broken right now?

Big patches are usually everyone couple of months, followed by a bunch of quick hotfixes.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
This game is amazing and I managed to hook a friend into it. Also I have a new rift run record, 14 wins!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

MOAR PEOPLE NEED TO PLAY THIS!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Not even joking. Its free. Play it right now.

Who wants to be my master? Or I am willing to be someone's master if they are new. Friend me in game as kazvall, on steam, or hit me up here. I have like 70 hours played since I started like a week+ ago, its sickening.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You have a sickness and the only cure is more cards :p

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll admit I don't have 70 actual gameplay hours. I tend to leave the game open and play a hand or two between doing other things.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Game is good. Also:

I'm not certain, but I think the game is trying to tell me something.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Just playing through the campaign stuff now and enjoying myself. Game is rather stingy with doling out cards to new players for constructed is my only complaint.

Is the collection starter worth the few bucks?

Walked is my user if anyone wants to do the master thingy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Free weekly decks and then free campaign starter decks is stingy?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
If you want to be competitive in core? Yeah, it takes a few cards. But the game is pretty liberal with handing out cards as far as CCGs go.

Pro tip: If you want some specific commons or uncommons, just ask in trade chat for handouts. Once people have 3 of a card they almost never need more, so people who've been playing a bunch will just give you stuff if you're polite about it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have been wrecking constructed with the weekly decks. I also got 21 wins in a rift run somehow. Go me.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
After being cajoled by a couple of friends by a couple of friends who've been playing for a few months I gave this a whirl. Definitely interesting, the simultaneous turn mechanics makes prediction and bluffing a ton of fun. I'm currently running a hyper-aggressive Overseer/Flamedawn aggro deck, most of the pubbies I've run into have no idea how to cope with the aggression and I've even run over my vet friends in a couple of friendly games. Good stuff.

How advisable is it to give rifting a shot when you're still new? I understand that it's competitive draft, about many wins do you need to accrue before you start turning a profit in funny munny?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Captain Keene posted:

After being cajoled by a couple of friends by a couple of friends who've been playing for a few months I gave this a whirl. Definitely interesting, the simultaneous turn mechanics makes prediction and bluffing a ton of fun. I'm currently running a hyper-aggressive Overseer/Flamedawn aggro deck, most of the pubbies I've run into have no idea how to cope with the aggression and I've even run over my vet friends in a couple of friendly games. Good stuff.

How advisable is it to give rifting a shot when you're still new? I understand that it's competitive draft, about many wins do you need to accrue before you start turning a profit in funny munny?

right now you almost never get much of a profit because after 6 wins or whatever when you normally would it just gives you 6 cards as your reward. if you win like 50 games you get a free deck tho!

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Sweet I made it to 16 wins on last rift and got some card I'd love to trade. I'm just gonna leave my username in case anyone wants to trade or just play/chat. http://steamcommunity.com/id/turboraton

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Looks like shoving this game down your throats is paying off.

gently caress Hearthstone. gently caress Blizzard.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Looks like shoving this game down your throats is paying off.

gently caress Hearthstone. gently caress Blizzard.

I as well am excited to see more peeps playing this.

Add stanleypain in game and on steam. If you fancy a game just ask. I'm also usually hanging out on CTS in the cool kids bad game crew zone.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

I as well am excited to see more peeps playing this.

Add stanleypain in game and on steam. If you fancy a game just ask. I'm also usually hanging out on CTS in the cool kids bad game crew zone.

Some of the people playing ranked are downright insane. I had a rough time dealing with a deck made up of just Conscripted Militia. I want to believe that his sideboard is 15 more conscripts.

I mainline utility in my decks so the only use I have for a sideboard is to take stuff out of my deck after the first game. Really hosed with an Artifact deck that I had two overloads and two grave robs all ready for his bullshit.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

Some of the people playing ranked are downright insane. I had a rough time dealing with a deck made up of just Conscripted Militia. I want to believe that his sideboard is 15 more conscripts.

Was it the deck with Hehkeem that raises a bunch from the graveyard at once? Thats a silly one.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

I mainline utility in my decks so the only use I have for a sideboard is to take stuff out of my deck after the first game. Really hosed with an Artifact deck that I had two overloads and two grave robs all ready for his bullshit.

The conscripted from the grave weekly deck is bullshit.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
My last ranked was against someone who played Kyrallic, 3 Overwhelming Deads, Corrupted Hehkeem, and finished with Avarrach Has Arisen. I could have won the game by morale by assassinating the right target, but his support zone was so full it wasn't actually possible to pick a target.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 6, 2015

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Kazvall posted:

The conscripted from the grave weekly deck is bullshit.

F.Dawn has a Mass Exhaust that just rips that deck apart. Btw, can you buy weekly decks? My friend really loved the Conscripted one and wanted to acquire it.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 7, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

MrBims posted:

My last ranked was against someone who played Kyrallic, 3 Overwhelming Deads, Corrupted Hehkeem, and finished with Avarrach Has Arisen. I could have won the game by morale by assassinating the right target, but his support zone was so full it wasn't actually possible to pick a target.

It starts lagging when the game resolves a round with that many dudes too. IW would benefit greatly from a card limit to all zones. There's nothing 30+ characters can do for you that you couldn't already do with just 10 or 15.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I just played a ranked game against a guy with every loving max badge and gold border. I had to shield my eyes his loving avatar in the load screen was so colorful. He was called NerdNed or something like that and he loving destroyed me in ways I never knew existed.

With that in mind I need a firing solution for that loving 30/30 Green Dragon that can't loving die. It says it can only be killed by sacrifice effects so the only thing I can think of is going back to playing my exile deck to deal with that. Seriously need to make a loving deck that is anti control.

Off the top of my head the only way I can think to handle mass removal and super control decks is Genesis unending drones. But I could never get any of my drone decks to really go hog wild. Someone get a hold of that overmind or the other crazy flying saucer in genesis and trade it to me for something. I have to kill this gently caress next time around.

Oh and protip. Putting the Thunder Apprentice in your command zone seems to always give the opponent a starting kill target thunder apprentice card every loving game.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

I had to shield my eyes his loving avatar in the load screen was so colorful.

When I first read this post, I puked my coke over my monitor........ you owe me a new LCD monitor! :newlol:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This brings back great memories of being literally the only player to top 10 in Waterbury back in the day with a type one suicide black deck. Players doing ridiculous poo poo like this Ned guy and using strange outdated deck types that they had no sideboard against. I must go on my pilgrimage once again and find my gimmick that will throw these fucks for a loop. I am still eyeballing my original Devil of Dispair deck and thinking it may bring me back to glory.

Then again what I really want is to deploy the Ultra Unit and still can't figure out a way for the deck to work.

Knightsoul posted:

When I first read this post, I puked my coke over my monitor........ you owe me a new LCD monitor! :newlol:

You really need to get into The Angry Dome on CTS and play some games with me if your gonna be my fan. I also require you to come to my house and attempt to kill me.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm getting back into the game relatively big-time by which I mean I'm playing again but still am going to be a cheap gently caress and not spend any money on it. Feel free to add me for some casual games I have a bunch of lovely decks and one horrible annoyance of a deck that combines DoD and Sleepers to be frustrating as hell to play against. If I could just get an actual Daode or whatever his name is, +0/+3 guy, my deck would be complete for maximum annoyance value. Anyways my username is InfinityGaia I think I'm not sure if caps matters.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

... With that in mind I need a firing solution for that loving 30/30 Green Dragon that can't loving die. ...
I haven't faced it, but it looks like it's vulnerable to transformation effects and things that remove cards from play. If you're pure GI, I think your only options are holding him off with anomalies and mass shifts, stealing him with Zuza or removing him from the game with the calamity or an ethereal fusion.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Donnerberg posted:

I haven't faced it, but it looks like it's vulnerable to transformation effects and things that remove cards from play. If you're pure GI, I think your only options are holding him off with anomalies and mass shifts, stealing him with Zuza or removing him from the game with the calamity or an ethereal fusion.

Something like Humble or whatever the name of that card is that basically wipes the text on the card + assassinate, or Siren to take control of it yourself :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

turboraton posted:

F.Dawn has a Mass Exhaust that just rips that deck apart. Btw, can you buy weekly decks? My friend really loved the Conscripted one and wanted to acquire it.

Don't think so.

• Locked thread