Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Wait I seriously got banned because toast was having a discussion and i replied to it?

I mean, a conversation going back and forth where he was quoting people- and I get banned for the rule 7 thing, which he started?

loving backwards logic.

(It's in the furry thread)

Edit: apparently saying the furry OP was trolling is bannable.

I'm going to make a ton of CR interview edits. First one will be a priest loving a boy while asking questions about fish trading.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Isn't one of the forum mods a furry? I'm sure that he hasn't responded in the thread (to avoid perceptions of bias), but it might have something to do with it.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

OhDearGodNo posted:

Wait I seriously got banned because toast was having a discussion and i replied to it?

I mean, a conversation going back and forth where he was quoting people- and I get banned for the rule 7 thing, which he started?

loving backwards logic.

(It's in the furry thread)

Goodnight Sweet Prince.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mods of that forum are bad, just like this bad game

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
I think because it is Goon anything they are huge vaginas about on the forums and cast a very wide fat net, past grievances to these white knight douche pickles that got poo poo on by Goons in other games.

Something I hope to repeat in the PU, but I seriously expect more of this 'spirit of the game' to rear it's ugly head because these space spergs cannot handle being hosed with.

Eonwe posted:

Aren't you a mod on a forum for another bad space game? Throwing rocks through your broken glass house windows right here.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

It's hilarious how it's so arbitrary given all the things said. On the same page another person responds to the same post is nothing happened.

But eh, gently caress goons.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Words about CCU

I'm out of town for the holidays, and I haven't gotten to try the new update. I own one of the omega mustangs. Is the delta better? I have no real interest in a racing game. I just want to blow up space cool guys.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Well, I like my Beta enough to have tried to put better guns on it with the holotable. Haven't tried the Delta yet.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beast Pussy posted:

I'm out of town for the holidays, and I haven't gotten to try the new update. I own one of the omega mustangs. Is the delta better? I have no real interest in a racing game. I just want to blow up space cool guys.

If you have no interest in racing, the Omega won't hold much appeal for you. I actually have 3 Omegas (got them each for cheap so I had more character slots), and bought both the Avenger and Delta upgrade for both so I can decide which one to upgrade them to when the game is more mature.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

The Delta has the same top speed as a Hornet but is more maneuverable, and can carry four guns which gives it a pretty hefty offensive punch (though it's possible that the turret guns may be nerfed in the future because I don't know if it's intended to be able to put size 2's on there). The rockets also murder whatever they touch, though lock-on missiles are currently superior, but when everything is fixed I expect that rockets will still be strong since they require aiming to use.

The Delta is a good compromise between all the guns of the Hornet and the zippiness of smaller ships.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bitter Beard posted:

Aren't you a mod on a forum for another bad space game? Throwing rocks through your broken glass house windows right here.

nope, not for a long time now, now that its clear its never going to be done

just like its clear about this game

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Which game was that?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Starbound,

Its also bad

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

Cheers. It'll be interesting to see how things ramp up once pipeline and back end tools mature & they finish the 64-bit conversion.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Thanks for the info. Are any of these moves a limited time only thing?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Delta is limited.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
But you buy the upgrade and you can keep it till the PU is about to launch.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Bursk posted:

$20 'goon special' no longer exists (did anyone get one for $20?):

'I'm afraid our original patch sold out: Sadly a planned purchase of 80 pieces failed and what we got left, we paid more than that ourselves. What I can still do though, (Goon-only) is retain the original price of $30 +$1,58 for covering paypal transfer fees if that's ok with you?'

Is this still worth bothering with? It's quite the increase on the $20 price quoted just 5 days ago. I was mainly looking at doing it to get a cheap second character slot.

I'd be interested in this too. Hope a few of you guys took advantage of the $20 deal while it ran - and your right, the price spike over the past 5 days was breathtaking. His discount to us appears to be about $10 less than his regular asking price (he is now asking $39 as standard, so $31.58 is not bad - though others do it for about $35, but are not particularly well known to the starcitizen_trades community). Certainly if you can get an AMD Silver for the same, or even a bit more, go for it. I can't see any silver codes for $35 anywhere. If you do, pick it up. The Gold codes are on ebay as said, for $45. For that, you get a range of extra games, as well as the AMD Code (check which games here : https://www.amd4u.com/radeonrewards/).

The fraud issue is not relevant when buying from StarHangar. You'll have no fraud issues. I've known Michael, who runs it for about a year. However - I disagree that ebay is safer - be wary of assuming that paypal will protect you on the other hand, as the AMD code counts as a digital item, which is excluded from paypal buyer protection, though at least ebay has a formal process for collecting feedback after a sale.

What's happened is people have figured out what it really is worth thanks to the CCU now being available for it. I predict it may even spike further, go waaay up, then fall again as supply increases. I still think getting one now is worth it (more or less) but surely it will fall. AMD sell a LOT of cards, more codes are coming. How do these guys GET those codes anyway? Do you guys reckon they work in PC shops and raid the codes & discount the hardware?

Also, Gerbil_Pen is right, I think those extra character slots are going to be worth about $10. That is consistent with the difference in price between a ship and a ship with a package, which we know can be converted into a character slot from what we know from the official CIG post on extra packages. So no - not worth it if you want to just get a character slot, totally worth it if you intend to CCU to another ship knowing that it gives you $55 towards your purchase (though not in melt value).

EDIT : Okay, just chatted with StarHangar, five of us got the $20 Goon special before it ran out. At least something. :)

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 30, 2014

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

quote:

RSI mods

Goons goes into furry thread to start poo poo, gets banned. Didn't even get their day in Space Court. The Horror! The Tyranny!

:qqsay:

OptimusWang posted:

Speaking of the Omega, is it possible to be an interceptor-style dick in AC like you could in Eve or does the extra speed not help that much?

Since the game has a lot of twitch shooting, at least for the ships with turrets, yes. A ship that has a small hitbox, good acceleration, and a superior top speed is fun as gently caress to play if you're into interceptor type gameplay. Currently the two ships that do it well are the mustang racer and especially the m50, the later is essentially impossible to pin down and land a hit on hit for the heavier fighters (baring the OP missiles in the current patch). But in turn lacks hitting power, so best bet is nibbling away with high speed passes against unaware targets using high damage ballistic guns with shield penetration. Once you get the hang of it, it can be absolutely hilarious and will probably just get better with larger multicrew ships to annoy.

If you are thinking more in EvE terms, we don't know how we'll be able to keep people from warping away. No mention of warp inhibitors, webifiers, or anything like that. The warp/jump/fast travel stuff is supposed to be 0,2c, no mention of different ships having different speeds there. Lots of dumb speculation passed off as poo poo CIG has somehow said though. Best we can do is that ships can be pulled out of fast travel if you cross paths with something, and in the lore stories no one ever just warps off when trying to flee combat, make of that what you will.

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 29, 2014

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Courthouse posted:

If you are thinking more in EvE terms, we don't know how we'll be able to keep people from warping away. No mention of warp inhibitors, webifiers, or anything like that. The warp/jump/fast travel stuff is supposed to be 0,2c, no mention of different ships having different speeds there. Lots of dumb speculation passed off as poo poo CIG has somehow said though. Best we can do is that ships can be pulled out of fast travel if you cross paths with something, and in the lore stories no one ever just warps off when trying to flee combat, make of that what you will.

Not to get to :spergin: predictive here, but it would appear that the fictional company that makes the cutlass has a whole bunch of weapons that are out to disable ships, not blow them up. I suspect that there might be something that allows a ship to "tackle." Which, as you know is the siren song of the Newbee.

Also, From what I recall, you can't use warp to get out of combat. Although with the design documents being what they are, who knows if that is going to survive without being changed, come release of the PU.

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

It is a heck of a lot better than a year ago. Many of the mods will actually ban people for trying to troll goons now. They've mostly stopped just deleting offending posts and will now frequently strike out the rule breaking text and tell you what you did wrong. There is a clear appeals process which does work, albeit slowly. Their strikes system is now more logical and strikes expire after 3 months except in extreme cases. In their forums it takes some work to get a feel for exactly where the line is and how far you can push it.

But after all is said and done, it is still called the brown sea for a reason.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

Not to get to :spergin: predictive here

Eh, they could just say you can't start the warp drive while getting shot at and be done with it. Simple, intuitive, does not require shitloads of pvp-only modules. No reason to make this complicated.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
We already have something that hints at the possibility of ewar esque webifiers and such, the Avenger's disruptor cannon things. It kinda sucks right now, but at least we know they're willing to toy with the concept of disrupting enemy ship's capabilities.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The disruptor cannon seems to be an anti-shield gun. We all know where this is going. :yarr:

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

Jethro_E7 posted:

I'd be interested in this too. Hope a few of you guys took advantage of the $20 deal while it ran - and your right, the price spike over the past 5 days was breathtaking. His discount to us appears to be about $10 less than his regular asking price (he is now asking $39 as standard, so $31.58 is not bad - though others do it for about $35, but are not particularly well known to the starcitizen_trades community). Certainly if you can get an AMD Silver for the same, or even a bit more, go for it. I can't see any silver codes for $35 anywhere. If you do, pick it up. The Gold codes are on ebay as said, for $45. For that, you get a range of extra games, as well as the AMD Code (check which games here : https://www.amd4u.com/radeonrewards/).

The fraud issue is not relevant when buying from StarHangar. You'll have no fraud issues. I've known Michael, who runs it for about a year. However - I disagree that ebay is safer - be wary of assuming that paypal will protect you on the other hand, as the AMD code counts as a digital item, which is excluded from paypal buyer protection, though at least ebay has a formal process for collecting feedback after a sale.

What's happened is people have figured out what it really is worth thanks to the CCU now being available for it. I predict it may even spike further, go waaay up, then fall again as supply increases. I still think getting one now is worth it (more or less) but surely it will fall. AMD sell a LOT of cards, more codes are coming. How do these guys GET those codes anyway? Do you guys reckon they work in PC shops and raid the codes & discount the hardware?

Also, Gerbil_Pen is right, I think those extra character slots are going to be worth about $10. That is consistent with the difference in price between a ship and a ship with a package, which we know can be converted into a character slot from what we know from the official CIG post on extra packages. So no - not worth it if you want to just get a character slot, totally worth it if you intend to CCU to another ship knowing that it gives you $55 towards your purchase (though not in melt value).

My money is on them working in a Taiwanese print shop or something and making a few sheets disappear off the stack every day. Honestly, who would ever know?

Reavs
Dec 10, 2013

Anticheese posted:

The disruptor cannon seems to be an anti-shield gun. We all know where this is going. :yarr:

Apprently it drains your power supply but it's a piece of poo poo to hit with.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Beast Pussy posted:

Thanks for the info. Are any of these moves a limited time only thing?

The Delta upgrade ends Jan 5th. I did what B4BG suggested- got the free CCU to the Gamma and bought both the Avenger CCU for $5 and the Delta CCU for $5. If you end up liking the Avenger more, you can always melt the Delta CCU for $5 store credit or sell it on reddit, it's a limited ship, it will have value at some point.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
warcrimes how did you get your av

Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone
So you can become a social outcast for the rest of your life for the low price of 3k? What a steal!
(Nevermind, teeth, paws and "follow me"-eyes cost extra..)

After seeing that, spending any amount of money on internet spaceships almost feels sane

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Mederlock posted:

We already have something that hints at the possibility of ewar esque webifiers and such, the Avenger's disruptor cannon things. It kinda sucks right now, but at least we know they're willing to toy with the concept of disrupting enemy ship's capabilities.

Not really. The correct EvE translation would be a Neut. It fucks with your power supply, not your top speed.

One might extrapolate that that would inhibit it's ability to warp away. But by the same token you can shoot off a ships engines with regular guns and that'll have a similar effect. We don't know how warping works so for all we know it might not even loving use energy from the power plant or interact with the engines. :shrug:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Eonwe posted:

warcrimes how did you get your av

Misogynistic, homophobic shitpub from RSI forums :10bux:'d thinking he'd troll goons and things didn't quite work out like he was playing it through his mind in front of a mirror.

This is the fourth time I've been asked this question, funnily enough.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Courthouse posted:

We don't know how warping works so for all we know it might not even loving use energy from the power plant or interact with the engines. :shrug:

From CR's silly ramblings, the mere presence of another ship near you prevents you from warping off (safety?), and it's this mechanic that's the reason why you get pulled out of warp if you "cross paths" with another dude during autopilot.

How far this effect goes is anyone's guess, though. I'm hoping it'll be far enough to make stealth useful in getting away again, so speed isn't the only thing to go for, but at this point probably not even CR has any idea.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You can bet your rear end if there is any sort of slight advantage that can be gained by buying any sort of consumable or whatever with real life cash money in the PU, people will pay hand over fist for it. Something about this genre and this game specifically makes people go apeshit; they absolutely MUST be the all-time best space captain there ever was and if they have to pay $500/month so that their guild is the super duper best fleet in the galaxy, they absolutely will. CR is sitting on a mountain of gold as long as the PU has consequential gameplay and a strong meta.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Truga posted:

From CR's silly ramblings, the mere presence of another ship near you prevents you from warping off (safety?), and it's this mechanic that's the reason why you get pulled out of warp if you "cross paths" with another dude during autopilot.

How far this effect goes is anyone's guess, though. I'm hoping it'll be far enough to make stealth useful in getting away again, so speed isn't the only thing to go for, but at this point probably not even CR has any idea.

Hah! That was the exact mechanic I suggested on the forum two years ago to explain how it should work. ...Which isn't exactly original.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Courthouse posted:

Not really. The correct EvE translation would be a Neut. It fucks with your power supply, not your top speed.

One might extrapolate that that would inhibit it's ability to warp away. But by the same token you can shoot off a ships engines with regular guns and that'll have a similar effect. We don't know how warping works so for all we know it might not even loving use energy from the power plant or interact with the engines. :shrug:

Yeah I phrased that weird, I only meant that loving with ships in general is something that it looks like we'll be seeing, not that stasis webifiers/ warp scramblers/etc. Specifically would be in. I think it would be pretty dumb IMO if they did, but its all in the execution I suppose.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I fully expect electronic warfare shutdown/hacking stuff to be disappointingly weak.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Because all those things do is deter from the fun that is actually shooting at people.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiR6yJbFCfM

New 104TP. I don't translate these because the content is actually good and nobody seems to go nuts asking these guys super-spergy questions about wish fulfillment. Also congrats Captain Underpants; they answered your question.

Jethro_E7 posted:

EDIT : Okay, just chatted with StarHangar, five of us got the $20 Goon special before it ran out. At least something. :)

You're wrong about eBay protection, because eBay explicitly bans the sale of digital items. You're not buying the code; you're buying the physical card that the code is printed on. I've done it multiple times (with no problems) and the buyer physically mails me the card unless I ask them to scratch it off. Glad I did it when I did, those prices skyrocketed nice and quick. Still it's a solid deal if you have a non-spergy buddy who's willing to buy the codes for games like Alien Isolation, Sleeping Dogs, Thief, Tomb Raider, Alan Wake, etc. I ended up getting three cards. One I bought myself in the beginning when they were $70 and got Alien Isolation and Hitman along with Star Citizen (I had no idea the prices would plummet that fast), the second I bought for like $40 and got Sleeping Dogs and I forgot the other game, and the third I got for $10 after I sold the other two codes to my friend.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Idiot question: Is there a way for me to change my stock Aurora + game + alpha access package to one that has the Mustang instead? If so, how much more money would it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Black Dynamite posted:

Idiot question: Is there a way for me to change my stock Aurora + game + alpha access package to one that has the Mustang instead? If so, how much more money would it be?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Cross-Chassis-Upgrades/Aurora-MR-To-Mustang-Alpha-Upgrade

• Locked thread