Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I beg pit bulls to pee in my mouth while I read their pedigrees and list the pit wins of their ancestors until i choke, and die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lil Parachute
Jul 30, 2014

by XyloJW
seriously tho have you fed the pigs to the pits yet?

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

ButWhatIf posted:

*posts photo of well-managed dog on leash or being highly supervised next to other animals*
"OMG UR DOG SUCKS U SUCK AS OWNER EUTH EVERYTHING"

yeah, you totally showed me.
in addition,

You're a loving idiot, the pits are not on a leash in either of the pictures I am talking about (chick on head, being humped by small dog). And what evidence do you have that they were highly supervised? We see no other human in the pictures, we only know someone is behind a camera. A lot can happen in the time it takes for someone to put their phone/camera down once trouble starts, and as super said himself they are capable of snapping suddenly and have already killed other dogs.

Superconsndar posted:

Should have euthanized my dogs when they killed a small animal.... *wipes tear from eye*...no one is fit to own these beasts....

Yes, once they kill another dog they should be put down. What kind of puppy was it anyway? Why even have other dogs at all around your pits? If you love pits so much why bother having other dogs, and why put other animals in that position at all where they can be killed by the pits?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Gbs misgendered me; I am a Female owner of hell dogs and I need to talk to a mod bc this is just really hosed up for them to assume that I was a guy

They do this every pit bull thread and I don't forget, we need to talk about the state of gender biases and presentations within game dog enthusiasts.

I make the loving effort to check profiles before doing something so vulgar as defaulting to a gender pronoun but it's not like you're loving helping me here are you

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Scenty posted:

Yes, once they kill another dog they should be put down. What kind of puppy was it anyway? Why even have other dogs at all around your pits? If you love pits so much why bother having other dogs, and why put other animals in that position at all where they can be killed by the pits?

Lmao I spend years learning pedigrees so that I can pick the best game bred dog possible (this means the most dog aggressive dog possible!! That's what they're for!) but hold up lemme euth it for doing exactly what it's bred to do lmfao omg gbs

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007

My Lil Parachute posted:

Lacking snow (for the most part) people do silly things like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hHVqEz3bhM

The heat's the biggest problem.

that sort of thing is also done pretty commonly by mushers to keep their dogs in shape over the summer lol, it's not a special thing
did you know that northern parts of the world get pretty hot too? global warming is a serious and real thing!!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

euth breeders

(bonus r/childfree post within)

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I heard pit bulls will eat raw meat.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

hosed up if true

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ive got a dog, almost everybody ive known has had a dog or dogs, from lapdog companions to straight up pigging dogs, ive met other dog owners at dog obediance things and crap like that but ive never known anybody like the posters in this thread

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
hahah I did a funny thing, I went to google images and searched "pit bulls" because I wanted to see some pictures and while I was there I found like 30 results of pictures with week old babies lying next to pit bulls, lmao wtf

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I have a blue heeler. I had a pit bull once. She was a sweetheart but all of these dog attack stories weird me out.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Scenty posted:

yeah see if it's all within one household that's reeeeeeeeeeally up the the owner and not some random dickhead on the interwebs

tbh if someone wants to feed dogs to their dog in the privacy of their own home then it isn't really any of your goddamn business and ps your a bad reader and also your dumb

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
truly it is a dog eat dog world

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Superconsndar posted:

Lmao I spend years learning pedigrees so that I can pick the best game bred dog possible (this means the most dog aggressive dog possible!! That's what they're for!) but hold up lemme euth it for doing exactly what it's bred to do lmfao omg gbs

Geez, I spend years picking the best rifle for killing children, and as soon as I start shooting up this school they want to take it away from me.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

IMO dogs should be outlawed now that we have the AIBO, the child-safe canine alternative that does not poop

Not true, AIBO poops batteries. Imagine how harmful that would be to the environment if 100 million dogs got replaced with 100 million AIBOs. Not to mention all the kids killed by dogs spontaneously combusting.

Everyone poops.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

CountingCrows posted:

hahah I did a funny thing, I went to google images and searched "pit bulls" because I wanted to see some pictures and while I was there I found like 30 results of pictures with week old babies lying next to pit bulls, lmao wtf

Don't blame pit bulls when irresponsible babies are the real problem

Wait the babies were deasd right?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

if there's on thing we can all agree on, it's that everyone in this thread is profoundly fuckin stupid except me

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Superconsndar posted:

Sometimes, I pick up my old game dog journals and nestle in to my sofa and read my pit bulls the hours from Matches Of Old and they say "will we ever taste blood like our forefathers, mother" and I respond to them: "yes, younglings. My own." And then I cut my own wrists with a tooth from a dead pit bull and feed them and we are pure and know eternity

Lol

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ButWhatIf posted:

Hi i'm a professional dog trainer. like I make my living doing behavior modification on dogs. I work with aggressive and fearful dogs mostly. rotating dogs who don't get along is uh, a really actually very responsible thing to do while you're conditioning them to behave around each other. some dogs don't like other dogs. that's okay! it's fine for a dog to not like other dogs! just set it up to succeed by not having it be around the dogs it does not like. this seems really really self-explanatory, but then again here we are.

How is this not connecting into all y'all's brains? It's weird to own a dog that you can't trust around other dogs. Most people own dogs that won't attack and kill other dogs for no reason. If you have to put your dog in a crate because you can't trust it not to kill the other dogs in the household, that is a terrible loving dog.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
listen rear end in a top hat if you don't understand why I turned my house into a warzone by getting a selection of pets that all want to brutally maim one another and me then I don't even know where to BEGIN with you

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You loving retards don't get that it's a goddamn art to get animals so hateful of each other as my darlings. I tried to throw piranhas into the mix recently, but they got obliterated by the sleep depraved snapping turtles, that's like five hundred bucks of wasted investment, but I don't mind because it proves my choices of fine-bred game animals have been flawless you jealous shits.

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

I hope the puppy who got ripped apart knew it was an honor to be slaughtered by such fine animals with such well bred gameness.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

How is this not connecting into all y'all's brains? It's weird to own a dog that you can't trust around other dogs. Most people own dogs that won't attack and kill other dogs for no reason. If you have to put your dog in a crate because you can't trust it not to kill the other dogs in the household, that is a terrible loving dog.

How is it not connecting in your loving retarded brain that dogs can be trusted around some other dogs (or may not be able to, depending on the dog) based on so many more factors than your goddamned idiotic rear end can comprehend? Literally every dog PI person posting in this thread has spent years, some of us a decade or more, researching the breeds that we have now or have had in the past. You know how TFR gets really spergy about guns? We're the spergs about pets because we are just fuckin fascinated by how their dumb fuckin brains work and how their husbandry is applied.

My dane, Amy, just overloads around smaller dogs. She doesn't mean to hurt them, but she does because she's stupid. She's 100 pounds of retardation and high strung crazy. Sure, you can kinda bridle that some days but even if I sat there beating the ever loving gently caress out of her (or tssting or whatever stupid poo poo you people think works that doesn't actually work, hint hint) it is way less expensive in vet bills and less painful in blood to just put her in a crate for a few hours, let the smaller dogs in the house out to play, then reverse that situation after a few hours. And just do that throughout the day, especially when you work from home (like me and Super do). I can trust her around my older dane, because he can put up with her goofy bullshit and if she grabs him or shoulderblocks him, it's not going to hurt him. Amy stepped on one of the little dogs and broke that dog's ribs. If she stepped on my older dane, he'd just kick her off.

If Super's puppy had been an adult dog, it probably would've stomped the pit that killed it. Size is such a huge factor that you guys aren't even bothering to comprehend. Crate and rotate is probably the most responsible thing you can do if you have pets that just can't cohabitate for any reason. Mine is size. Hers is because her doofus dogs wanna yank on each other's ears and scream about it or chomp on each other or whatever. My parents crate and rotate because they have an akita mix that will straight up murder any other dog around it- yet I can walk up to him, grab him and flop him on his back for belly rubs and so can anybody else. Even your ugly rear end could.

It isn't weird. It requires a hell of a lot more effort, and maybe putting that much effort into a dog is weird. But when you have the time to do it and you really like the dog (or dogs) involved, there's not really a good reason not to do it.

Most people that own dogs don't even loving understand simple poo poo like how to get their dogs to sit, stay and lay down without Petco telling them how to do it. PI's regulars do not represent, generally, the average dog owner. Most of us are involved in at least one animal sport or work our dogs in some way. We have people that range from Super with her murderpits who can balance a newborn chick on their heads because she's worked with them to make them loving behave while she gets the camera, to people like alifeless whose Cohen is a wonderdog that could probably save the US economy if alifeless taught her math. Personally, my danes are retired because one is 9 and a half and the other is almost 7. That's ancient in dane years and I don't expect much from them anymore other than quasi-manners when people come over. They used to do conformation showing. My little dogs have a few ribbons in novice rally (and two in novice agility), and the other is learning how to herd sheep and may or may not get involved in flyball (this one is a matter of finding a group that works for us).

PI generally works their asses off for their dogs because we can, not because we have to or because we're loving them or whatever SA meme is currently dripping around. But when we talk about dogs, we really do know what we're talking about. And 90% of you stupid shitbags don't.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Crewmine posted:

listen rear end in a top hat if you don't understand why I turned my house into a warzone by getting a selection of pets that all want to brutally maim one another and me then I don't even know where to BEGIN with you

lol if you saw her house the only part of it that's a warzone is where she's probably flung her laptop at the wall because of you fuckin people. it's the most cookie cutter martha stewart poo poo, you wouldn't even believe it. If she held pit fights you'd need a monocle to attend that poo poo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm a responsible representative of the PI and I say it's absolutely normal to keep incompatible animals locked up in separate rooms and rotate them based on a schedule. I also keep a beaker of bleach and an open bottle of ammonia precariously balanced on the edge of my night table.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 31, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

How is it not connecting in your loving retarded brain that dogs can be trusted around some other dogs (or may not be able to

That's the whole point! those dogs that can't be trusted are really lovely dogs, people shouldn't own garbage dogs like that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm a great pet owner because I've needlessly created a nightmarish situation in my household, but I'm able to handle it most of the time.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

lol if you saw her house the only part of it that's a warzone is where she's probably flung her laptop at the wall because of you fuckin people. it's the most cookie cutter martha stewart poo poo, you wouldn't even believe it. If she held pit fights you'd need a monocle to attend that poo poo.

Shut up, my puppy murdering arena is kept pristine and tastefully decorated.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
The most I managed was training a fish to come and sit in my hand and then get lifted out of the water. That or making fish shake the tank when my sister walked into the room by thrashing around expecting food.

What are the working breeds of fish again?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
It's as almost as pets have individual personalities and can suffer the same follies and faults as a human can raised poorly.

WHAT A SHOCK.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

We must put down all non perfect dogs.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

nullEntityRNG posted:

It's as almost as pets have individual personalities and can suffer the same follies and faults as a human can raised poorly.

WHAT A SHOCK.

oh my god shut up

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I think pet island should probably be kept in a crate and rotated out with the other forums for the good of us all

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

nullEntityRNG posted:

WHAT A SHOCK.

Super's dogs were raised well (afaik) and they're still hosed up.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

I think pet island should probably be kept in a crate and rotated out with the other forums for the good of us all

Cool, let TCC in next.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

I'm gonna piss in it, knock over my water and then poo poo in the water and you're going to have to clean it up. Happy Morning To You.

People crate their dogs to go to work. People crate their dogs when they leave. That dog don't know why it's goin in a crate and that dog don't care. It lays down and goes to sleep.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm gonna piss in it, knock over my water and then poo poo in the water and you're going to have to clean it up. Happy Morning To You.

Well I suppose it beats flipping out and killing everything I guess :shrug:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

Well I suppose it beats flipping out and killing everything I guess :shrug:

You guys have to understand: they don't "flip out" and kill everything. This is what they were made to do. We made them to do it this way because we wanted really hot dogs (I'm using hot in the sense of "you need a lot of work to deal with this animal" hot. Like certain horses or venomous snakes) that did this kind of thing. Humanity prized them. Super still does, and she manages them. One slip up caused her the loss of a puppy, and sometimes that poo poo happens. I can't even begin to tell you how many dogs I know that aren't remotely "bully breeds" (pits, staffies, etc, etc) that would have still murdered the poo poo out of that puppy because they are particularly intolerant of puppies, because they have high prey drives, because of a million different reasons. The pit is a terrier. There are a million other terriers and they are just as violent to their particular prey animal. Just because the pit's main prey animal was other pits, doesn't make it a bad dog. It just means you have to be super fuckin cautious when managing them. If you're up for the challenge and aware that poo poo can happen like Super's puppy and you accept it, it's no different than owning any other terrier. I've known tons of terriers and terrier mutts that murdered cats, birds, indoor small pets, and bit the poo poo out of kids and adults alike.

This is why I am not a terrier person, but wow I bet lots of you guys know lots of people who have a fat little jack russell or a doofy little cairn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
i prize my drawer full of poisonous snakes. yeah, sometimes i slip up and 5 or 6 get out into the neighbors', but sometimes that poo poo just happens alright

• Locked thread