Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hottest milf in an anime or manga i have seen lately was the mom from that manga about the deaf girl. koe no katachi or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hottest milf in an anime or manga i have seen lately was the mom from that manga about the deaf girl. koe no katachi or something

A Silent Voice was good, because it had two milfs and they developed a beautiful friendship. Can't wait for the anime adaption.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i forgot about that mom...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Please don't forget the anime mothers of your life.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sharkopath posted:

i forgot about that mom...

Looks like the Philosophers' plan was a success...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Please don't forget the anime mothers of your life.

I won't, and I will hope that we get some cool anime mothers in this season, as well.

KoB
May 1, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

A Silent Voice was good, because it had two milfs and they developed a beautiful friendship.

:heysexy:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Who are your anime mothers, ADTRW goons?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i love calm smile anime mom face

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

kaname junko

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

chumbler posted:

Zorak

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
The best thing (and the only thing you need to know, frankly) about Kancolle is the fact that in the first episode 14 seiyuus voiced 32 characters (also, here's the list of seiyuus and their roles in the game). Those recording sessions must be bonkers.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Of all the things about Kantai Collection getting an anime that gets me worked up about, what really irks me is that it's being called by its shortened name which is just the first syllable of each word in the title. I guess it's just a Japanese thing but why?

There's also the fact that it sexually anthropomorphizes battleships of the infamous Japanese Imperial Navy and seems to be a combination of otaku bait and an attempt at drumming up Japanese nationalism. It really looks like propaganda for otaku. It despairs me to say that it makes Strike Witches look not as bad as a fanservice laden romp with characters based on people or other elements from World War II which won't be nearly as violent, vicious, brutal, and appalling as the actual events of World War II. At least Strike Witches had the decency to base their characters from all sides of the war instead of just only from the glorious Nippon. :japan:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Edward IV posted:

Of all the things about Kantai Collection getting an anime that gets me worked up about, what really irks me is that it's being called by its shortened name which is just the first syllable of each word in the title. I guess it's just a Japanese thing but why?

There's also the fact that it sexually anthropomorphizes battleships of the infamous Japanese Imperial Navy and seems to be a combination of otaku bait and an attempt at drumming up Japanese nationalism. It really looks like propaganda for otaku. It despairs me to say that it makes Strike Witches look not as bad as a fanservice laden romp with characters based on people or other elements from World War II which won't be nearly as violent, vicious, brutal, and appalling as the actual events of World War II. At least Strike Witches had the decency to base their characters from all sides of the war instead of just only from the glorious Nippon. :japan:

I want them to put in the fan made american ships, than I'll watch it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm an Anime Patriot.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I dont give a poo poo about japanese nationalism.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Edward IV posted:

At least Strike Witches had the decency to base their characters from all sides of the war instead of just only from the glorious Nippon. :japan:

Glorious Nippon and Nazi Germany. There's a few German ships featured too now, apparently.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Edward IV posted:

That's pretty much how Japan does abbreviations of things, due to having a syllable-based alphabet rather than just letters like us. It's not like it's anything new. Pokemon is actually a similar abbreviation of Poketto Monsuta.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Edward IV posted:

Japanese uses a syllabary for spelling words out phonetically, so abbreviations are naturally done by syllables rather than by letters as in alphabetic systems. That said, letter-based abbreviations are still used, like the NHK or, on-topic with Kancolle, the NTK.

And they have Nazi ships now too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

give me the dutch ships and ill consider the show

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So anyways Tokyo Ghoul S2 starts tomorrow. Hopefully it has less censoring.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The entire show will be black bars.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sharkopath posted:

Hachi Machi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Grouchio posted:

So anyways Tokyo Ghoul S2 starts tomorrow. Hopefully it has less censoring.

I heard early reports that it's anime-original from the word go, so expect that.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Watching kantai collection is taking a long time because I have to look up how horribly each ship got sunk by allied forces when they're introduced.

Most of the destroyers are at the bottom of the sea in or around Ironbottom Sound.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Polikarpov posted:

Watching kantai collection is taking a long time because I have to look up how horribly each ship got sunk by allied forces when they're introduced.

Most of the destroyers are at the bottom of the sea in or around Ironbottom Sound.
Oh boy time to bring history into my dumb boat show

Some of those ships sank in the most idiotic ways, like Kisaragi's charge towards a static defense emplacement or Mikuma falling victim to a collision due to Mogami misreading a turn signal.

It's time to take it to the thread.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched the first episode of Kancolle just to see what the fuss was about and it's mostly just bland and inoffensive. Not really much to say other than it suffers from introducing too many characters in the first episode? Hard to say much about that first episode since I haven't played the game nor am I big on naval history.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Srice posted:

I watched the first episode of Kancolle just to see what the fuss was about and it's mostly just bland and inoffensive. Not really much to say other than it suffers from introducing too many characters in the first episode? Hard to say much about that first episode since I haven't played the game nor am I big on naval history.

Its probably going to basically be Super Sonico: ships version

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Srice posted:

I don't think anybody blasts the game for being offensive, it's just a naked moe-pandering cash grab. Combined with weird WWII-era Japanese nationalism. And Shimakaze dresses like a stripper but I think she's the only one? But that makes it even weirder, somehow.

coathat
May 21, 2007

There's no way it's going to be as good as super sonico.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Blhue posted:

Its probably going to basically be Super Sonico: ships version

Yeah that is a really good comparison. I remember a similar fuss being raised about that and then it came out and nobody cared.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Super Sonico is the most aggressively boring show I have ever seen

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Super Sonico is the most aggressively boring show I have ever seen

Whoa, more so than Mahouka?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Sharkopath posted:

God Bless :patriot:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

they're introducing way too many characters because the point isn't really to be a good show, the point is to just throw every single ship into the viewer's face so that

A) people who like the game can go 'woah that's my waifu'
B) people who haven't played the game can hopefully see a ship they like and go 'woah i wanna make her my waifu'

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei Bu Love (Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!) is a good show.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

they're introducing way too many characters because the point isn't really to be a good show, the point is to just throw every single ship into the viewer's face so that

A) people who like the game can go 'woah that's my waifu'
B) people who haven't played the game can hopefully see a ship they like and go 'woah i wanna make her my waifu'

Eh that's the case with a lot of game anime. Reminds me of fighting game anime in particular since those have a large cast and you gotta fit everyone in because hey every character is someone's favorite.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

Eh that's the case with a lot of game anime. Reminds me of fighting game anime in particular since those have a large cast and you gotta fit everyone in because hey every character is someone's favorite.
my favorite is the blazblue anime where they only covered the plot of the first game but featured characters that only showed up in the second game in the op like 'hey, these guys are totally here, honest'

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Kancolle ended up being way more serious then I thought it'd be. I was expecting something closer to Hetelia and Sega Hard Girls, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I thought the thing with the BlazBlue anime was that they covered the first game entirely in two episodes.

• Locked thread