Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i watched that herzog documentary about siberian trappers or whatever that sombody recommended here and holy poo poo :stare:

every doc herzog touches is gold imho

he was the executive producer on a doc about the russian hockey program called Red Army and it was also excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vivisectvnv posted:

this was IDed as a non-russian no?
Sorry, I had no idea about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEo8KdtqziY

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

vivisectvnv posted:

every doc herzog touches is gold imho

he was the executive producer on a doc about the russian hockey program called Red Army and it was also excellent

To be fair, that man is 145 in dog years, or 13 in Babushka years. Thing twice before you shoot, double-0.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

What a strange trick.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Pack it in, humans. It's the dawn of a new age. We had a good run.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

katlington posted:

Pack it in, humans. It's the dawn of a new age. We had a good run.
Sif isn't even a very hard boss.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Turns out the CIA is going to start world war 3 because Alison is upset(first segment in that video)
And this is totally gonna kickstart her career
If you study slav you become slav.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30735673

quote:

Russia has listed transsexual and transgender people among those who will no longer qualify for driving licences.

Fetishism, exhibitionism and voyeurism are also included as "mental disorders" now barring people from driving.

What's this? loving Saudi Arabia?

This kind of news makes me legit angry.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

this will surely solve our deep-seated problems with corruption, weak institutions and lack of social capital

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Each day Russia takes one step closer to becoming the middle east, but with slavs

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Carbon dioxide posted:

:eyepop:

Gotta have your priorities straight I guess. I mean who cares about finance when those people are allowed to drive.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Gotta have your priorities straight
:golfclap:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

Trannies pretty much are mentally ill but I think it is ok for them to drive still.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Demonachizer posted:

Trannies pretty much are mentally ill but I think it is ok for them to drive still.

:can:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Demonachizer posted:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Carbon dioxide posted:

quote:

Russia has listed transsexual and transgender people among those who will no longer qualify for driving licences.

Fetishism, exhibitionism and voyeurism are also included as "mental disorders" now barring people from driving.

They wish they were Saudi Arabia now!

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

Yes, loving Saudi Arabia is another of the practices that will lead to you being banned from driving.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

They wish they were Saudi Arabia now!
Maybe they are trying to become Saudi Arabia by the way of sympathetic magic?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Demonachizer posted:

:allears:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Demonachizer posted:

u don it now arry poer

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top City Homo posted:

crows as a species own balls

It's extremely cool how intelligent they and how crows in different regions have different "accents"

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i'm posting in this thread before it gets locked up again

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nauta posted:

i'm posting in this thread before it gets locked up again

every time you post post in this thread it gets locked. coincidence!??? i think not. where did you hide the misseles u cow

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i bet lightbulb theft is huge in russia

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

I'd go out of my way to come back with a bolt cutter specifically to steal this on general principle.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Carbon dioxide posted:

so is tumblr gonna be blacklisted in russia?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The government says it is tightening medical controls for drivers because Russia has too many road accidents.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Frog Act posted:

i bet lightbulb theft is huge in russia

I mean, if someone offered you a free light bulb, wouldn't you take it? just put it in the drawer, maybe it will come in handy some day.

don't know what it's like today but people used to steal poo poo on principle during Soviet times. a man in possession of his property was a personal insult to every man and woman.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

This is new GBS we can make fun of people who mutilate their genitals and the pastry nerds who fawn over them because they can't get with a real girl and hope maybe they can get one of them instead.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

etalian posted:

The government says it is tightening medical controls for drivers because Russia has too many road accidents.

too many road accidents caused by people spankin it in their cars

drivers spankin it in cars tend to crash, and then drivers who pass by spankin it cause they like to look at either people spankin it or automobile accidents (or both) then crash and then the paramedics who joined the profession because they saw david cronenberg's crash show up, start spankin it, and crash too

how do you fix a giant circlejerk of a country

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

why do i keep on reading this weird bizarre poo poo

were the soviets able to do something that the americans couldnt? no

were the americans able to do something that the soviets couldnt? yes

literally the only time the soviets were leading in anything was when america wasnt competing and the only way you can say something as bizarre as "the russians won the space race" is if you conclude the race around 1960 for reasons

lol no, nasa and stuff were pretty bummed out when they looked up and saw sputnick before they got to do it. they were stressin about it.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Howard Beale posted:

too many road accidents caused by people spankin it in their cars

drivers spankin it in cars tend to crash, and then drivers who pass by spankin it cause they like to look at either people spankin it or automobile accidents (or both) then crash and then the paramedics who joined the profession because they saw david cronenberg's crash show up, start spankin it, and crash too

how do you fix a giant circlejerk of a country

Ban seatbelts and have a minimum blood alcohol content to be behind the wheel.

So, basically, what Russia's doing right now.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Carbon dioxide posted:

If you can you should watch HBO's Hunted: The War Against Gays in Russia. It's about laws like this and how dirty Russian scum uses gay internet forums(like this one) to bait the gays into showing up at a certain location where a dozen skinheads await to torture and occasionally murder them. No one ever gets arrested either. MUCH GREAT COUNTRY!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The rarely seen 'impact vagina'.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

It's extremely cool how intelligent they and how crows in different regions have different "accents"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

wait. what the hell happened here?

http://faktai.lt/lietuva/lietuviu-kilmes-fulbright-stipendininke-is-jav-tapo-faru-zvaigzde/

there's just too many ways to connect the dots.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
everyone on the russian Internet says the news about trannies being banned from driving is bullshit and a lawyer I know said he heard of no such law being passed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

etalian posted:

Put a sober fan of, let's say scat, in a car. And you put an average russian person; all squatting in the drivers seat addidas-clad, smoking with one hand, swigging cheap vodka in the other on the same road in the same car. Who has an accident first? It's a trick question, it depends who is closer to the russian mob employee about to throw himself in front of the next car that comes by. Then everyone involved is eaten by wild dogs.

• Locked thread