Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mango sentinel posted:

So is eating pigs but nobody bats a loving eye at that.

all meat is murder, succumb to your innermost desires and embrace the slaughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

mango sentinel posted:

So is eating pigs but nobody bats a loving eye at that.

i don't like eating pigs either

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Post your best cephalopod pics in this thread. :cthulhu:

Hug a squid today.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pththya-lyi posted:

i don't like eating pigs either

eat the pig to prove your faith to the lord or the inquisition will destroy your family and reap your possessions.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Spanish Manlove posted:

eat the pig to prove your faith to the lord or the inquisition will destroy your family and reap your possessions.

how did you get in the inquisition, you're a known sodomite

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

*octopus imitates your laugh before setting off thermonuclear self destruct device*

itsgotmetoo posted:

Can I let the octopus jerk off my 6 dicks and embrace me at the same time?

Have you both been reading my fanfiction?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the aptly named butt squid is easily lured to the boat by presentation of a gary larson calendar near the water surface

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Thread reminds me of a story I read of a story I read about a guy who dove in a bay near Seattle and beat a Giant Pacific Octopus to death, dragged it out of the water, and ate it. People were pissed but Giant Pacific Octopus aren't endangered so who cares

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
My favorites....

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pththya-lyi posted:

Aquariums feed captive octopuses by putting some food in a puzzle and putting the puzzle in the tank. The octopus has to solve the puzzle in order to get the food. :eng101:

Big deal, let's see them make a box of hamburger helper.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
alexander the great a human wouldve just sliced open the puzzle with his awesome sword also made by a human

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
somone say pork, you shouldn't eat american pork becaue american farms bred out all the delicious fat and we should now boycott them

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if it didnt want to be eaten, it shouldnt have been caught

loving idiots

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gary oldmans diary posted:

alexander the great a human wouldve just sliced open the puzzle with his awesome sword also made by a human

its really hard to develop metallurgy underwater

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

TOILETLORD posted:

somone say pork, you shouldn't eat american pork becaue american farms bred out all the delicious fat and we should now boycott them

i get locally raised pork from farmers market and it actually tastes like something

for whatever reason factory meat tastes worse even though it is still a pig?

baffling

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Baracula posted:

its really hard to develop metallurgy underwater

I don't know, Plate Teutonics were a pretty rousing success.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

i get locally raised pork from farmers market and it actually tastes like something

for whatever reason factory meat tastes worse even though it is still a pig?

baffling

Factory meat is fed its own feces for feedstock. Thats why it tastes worse.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I think this century we're going to see a real shift in understanding and opinion of the intelligence of many animals making us think it's wrong to eat and keep them. It's ok tho we can just eat their meat grown in a lab.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
First person who says Cows are too intelligent to eat, I will BBQ to perfection and serve to their family with a fine red wine.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

concerned mom posted:

I think this century we're going to see a real shift in understanding and opinion of the intelligence of many animals making us think it's wrong to eat and keep them. It's ok tho we can just eat their meat grown in a lab.

i'll eat your lab grown babies

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if I could eat ops family I would

your morals are poo poo

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
please don't eat animals

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
I think it's time to play Spot the Vegan

Imperial Hippo
Aug 14, 2006
Study the past, if you would divine the future
My money is on cephalopods to take over after we humans inevitably off ourselves. I'm ok with this.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if you would oppose your daughter dating an octopus youre still a racist i dont care how much you acknowledge their intelligence

texasmed
May 27, 2004
have u ever 8 an octo pie

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you cant trust something if you cant turn your back on it for a second

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
Sorry buddy :(

It was a doubly wasted too because it wasn't that good.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

if you think about it you're only cutting their life like a year short or something though

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Octopus yum :)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Coxswain Balls posted:

Octopus is pretty much the best animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmnTA2s-seo

This lady's channel is a ton of videos of just chillin' out and playing with wild octopuses. So jealous of her octo-pals.

yeah that octopus looks like it's having fun

presumably that's its ink defence that it lets off to show that you're buddies now

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Spanish Manlove posted:

all meat is murder, succumb to your innermost desires and embrace the slaughter

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly I don't even think octopus and squid* taste that good. I mean I like them enough to eat them on occasion, but they are extremely chewy to the point where eating them can actually be a challenge. Maybe that's just because I live in an area where they aren't commonly eaten but even when traveling I've never eaten one and thought it was amazing.

*calamari doesn't count

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly I don't even think octopus and squid* taste that good. I mean I like them enough to eat them on occasion, but they are extremely chewy to the point where eating them can actually be a challenge. Maybe that's just because I live in an area where they aren't commonly eaten but even when traveling I've never eaten one and thought it was amazing.

*calamari doesn't count
octopus is a bit chewy but chewy squid is squid that's cooked wrong

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Word I gotta agree OP dey too intelligent. Anything that is better at taking poo poo apart/escaping than I am is non-kosher. Luckily there's always squid!

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
ive also heard its wrong to suck cocktopus but i aint quitting that either

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Pig, squid and octopus are all delicious. Perhaps it is the smartest animals that taste the best

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

ive also heard its wrong to suck cocktopussy but i aint quitting that either

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Crewmine posted:

Pig, squid and octopus are all delicious. Perhaps it is the smartest animals that taste the best
Coincidentally, pig rectum makes a very good imitation calamari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Imperial Hippo posted:

My money is on cephalopods to take over after we humans inevitably off ourselves. I'm ok with this.

They'd have to evolve longer lifespans; they get 5 years tops (and that's in ideal conditions).

In fact I think their short lifespans are the main reason they're not in a position to knock us humans off our throne

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 20, 2015

• Locked thread