Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Goes in from the front of the car. :smug:

but if you try to take the engine support crossmember off the bolts all shear off from rust fuckin thanks ford you shits

Working on a 1996 Ford Explorer 5.0, nothing secures the thermostat into the housing, it just sits in a lip on the housing, which means if it wiggles out during installation, it gets in-between the housing and the engine block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CommieGIR posted:

Working on a 1996 Ford Explorer 5.0, nothing secures the thermostat into the housing, it just sits in a lip on the housing, which means if it wiggles out during installation, it gets in-between the housing and the engine block.

Put a little gasket shellac in the lip, stick the thermostat to it, wait a minute, continue. Works every time on those... jeep ones are the same.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Put a little gasket shellac in the lip, stick the thermostat to it, wait a minute, continue. Works every time on those... jeep ones are the same.

Didn't have any on hand. But, doesn't matter now, the housing was cracked, and it was leaking anyways.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goatse guy posted:

Now I know who I inherited my horrible awkwardness on my feet from.

White people everywhere? :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

White people everywhere? :v:

On behalf of all white people, I apologize for our dancing, our music, our food and our fashion.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Speak for yourself white boy

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

You live in florida dude. The fact that you may able to halfway dance is outweighed by so much more baggage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

I SPEAK FOR US ALL. I AM THE WHITEST BOY.

I've been sober for 25 days and I don't know what the gently caress to do with myself.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Quick name a major food, music style, dance and clothing trend that were created by white people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fucknag posted:

music style,

clothing trend

white people.

Dubstep. JNCO jeans.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Fucknag posted:

Quick name a major food, music style, dance and clothing trend that were created by white people.

Burgers
Polka
Polka
gently caress if I know, I don't follow clothing

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fucknag posted:

Kale smoothies.

Grindcore.

Disco.

Mom jeans.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I've been sober for 25 days and I don't know what the gently caress to do with myself.

5 days here. I realized I was spending way too much money to feel like poo poo in the morning and getting way too fat so I decided to cut that poo poo out.

Not too bad so far, besides wanting to snap at people over the most minor annoyances. The insomnia is a bitch though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't do this on purpose, it just sort of happened. I don't get it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Quitters.

I cut back to just on the weekend when I realized I was going through a 12 pack of lovely beer every loving night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

Quitters.

I cut back to just on the weekend when I realized I was going through a 12 pack of lovely beer every loving night.

I just bought booze two weeks ago and haven't touched it. Maybe I'm sick?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I spent $70 on alchohol last night and I'm drinking right now because while my work life is improving I hate myself enough to just sort of kill myself inch by inch with booze and smokes

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I'm about to hit 28 years sober. My Automotive Insanity is paid for in part by my lack of vices. I spent the money I would have used at a bar to buy the STi back in school.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I shudder to think how many cars I could have bought from my consumption spending.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Holdbrooks posted:

I'm about to hit 28 years sober. My Automotive Insanity is paid for in part by my lack of vices. I spent the money I would have used at a bar to buy the STi back in school.

Wellllllll look at this perfect person.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Just spent the first weekend in a while without drinking or going out, and it's been pretty great. Usually my mornings are not fun but this morning I felt awesome.

Yay moderation booze-crew :3:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

iwentdoodie posted:

Just had Thai food. I like it really hot. My wife, with her great sense of humor, ordered mine and in special instructions she put "as hot as possible. No, hotter than that. Yeah, that hot."

I'm loving dying.

My favorite is when the Thai food is "two beers hot" and the back of my neck starts to sweat. So good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mat_Drinks posted:

My favorite is when the Thai food is "two beers hot" and the back of my neck starts to sweat. So good.

I felt punch drunk. So it was great.

I love hot food, but I really like to know it's coming. Usually this place isn't THAT hot, even getting a 10/10, so it was a shock when three bites in my mouth was on fire and I had snot pouring out.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I SPEAK FOR US ALL. I AM THE WHITEST BOY

I just got back from the Portland Comic Con. Apparently all 20 of the black people in Portland like comics because they were all there, including my wife.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

HotCanadianChick posted:

I just got back from the Portland Comic Con. Apparently all 20 of the black people in Portland like comics because they were all there, including my wife.

Funniest moment of my time in Portland was going to a gym with my buddy, and realizing he was the only black dude we had seen in well over an hour.

But Ron Funches is from there so it's cool.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Speed Metal

Jorts

Bratwurst

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Speed Metal

Jorts

Bratwurst

Two of those things suck.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Also every form of rock and metal ultimately descends from black musicians like BB King once you go back far enough in the origins (and the guy who taught white people how to do metal solos was Jimi Hendrix, after all), so whites don't get to claim metal or rock of any variety. Dance music of pretty much any form: black people (house music came from a black dude from Chicago, techno was three black dudes from Detroit, etc).

On the other hand, some of the funkiest R&B players of all time are white guys from small town Alabama.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

Also every form of rock and metal ultimately descends from black musicians like BB King once you go back far enough in the origins (and the guy who taught white people how to do metal solos was Jimi Hendrix, after all), so whites don't get to claim metal or rock of any variety. Dance music of pretty much any form: black people (house music came from a black dude from Chicago, techno was three black dudes from Detroit, etc).

On the other hand, some of the funkiest R&B players of all time are white guys from small town Alabama.

Dubstep, truly the whitest music.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Dubstep, truly the whitest music.

I knew there was a reason I hated it.

e: also you're the only person ITT who will appreciate that I got all my Astro City books signed by Kurt Busiek today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

I knew there was a reason I hated it.

Racist. What did Skrillex ever do to you?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Two of those things suck.

There you go with your lovely opinions again

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

There you go with your lovely opinions again

I said two. Nobodies telling you to stop wearing jorts.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sockington wears my jorts :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Sockington wears my jorts :3:

Yes but he's Canadian, the only type of white people that don't suck.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I said two. Nobodies telling you to stop wearing jorts.

Nobody... except the fashion police!
:siren::siren:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes but he's Canadian, the only type of white people that don't suck.

Just stay away from my loving brats ok

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

On the other hand, I've been drunk every night this week. Moderation is not my thing.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
punk rock was also invented by 3 black dudes from detroit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9obRQDQsEI

I don't drink much anymore but I spent $3700 on :350: last year, sometimes budget tracking can be depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Surely we invented lager, doesn't that make up for everything?

• Locked thread