Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
I remember watching Rumble fights and hearing about he was Cung Le's protege so it is definitely safe to say that this career surge has almost as much to do with Henry Hooft (and growth, maturity, etc) as it does fighting at a reasonable weight.

Rumble is only 30 so he has a few more years before he starts to decline, in theory. Really quite the interesting prospect at 205. I am excited to see him vs Jones and also against pretty much every other LHW. I am struggling to think of a matchup that would be bad for him outside of Jones, and given the way he cut off the cage and countered against the range of Gus I wouldn't rule him out in the stand up vs Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Chael Sonnen posted:

@sonnench
Who'sstaying at the Hyatt place airport in Milwaukee? I need a ride to the venue in the a.m.

Any goon live in Milwaukee, WI?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Please God Anthony Rumble Johnson Beat That Motherfucker wagon begins now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if rumble and robbie lawler become ufc champions at the same time i may just stop watching because after the ufc loves me back i'll no longer see the appeal

jon jones is my abuser

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Marching Powder posted:

if rumble and robbie lawler become ufc champions at the same time i may just stop watching because after the ufc loves me back i'll no longer see the appeal

jon jones is my abuser

No matter who is the LHW champ, no white pussy is safe.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

as loving crazy as it sounds bader is right now a true contender to be a late replacement in a title fight and is probably top 5 now. he was clay guida.

I dunno, he has the wins on his record but those last few fights have all stunk. I think the back-to-back KO losses to machida and glover which came from Bader being too aggressive has made him gunshy forever. I don't know what his strategy against Jones would be now but anything short of running full speed at the coke addict with his arms flailing around won't work for Ryan Bader I'm afraid.

OSP is way cooler and should have Bader's spot in the rankings because gently caress it. At least St. Preux is athletic, explosive, dangerous, other Joe Rogan adjectives, and might even fool people into PPV buys. Just draw that O as a closed G on the poster and there you go

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Amirkhani is the coolest dude in MMA. "I started training MMA 6 months ago and now I can do a flying knee!". That dude is gonna get PAID unless he starts losing a bunch.

Bad Mr Frosty
Apr 25, 2012

Fozzy The Bear posted:

No matter who is the LHW champ, no white pussy is safe.

:drat:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Cut Ryan Bader and Phil Davis please and thank you

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Ditch posted:

Amirkhani is the coolest dude in MMA. "I started training MMA 6 months ago and now I can do a flying knee!". That dude is gonna get PAID unless he starts losing a bunch.

He seems to be pretty good. He's the only guy to defeat Tom Duquesnoy to date, who is a French prospect a lot of people are high up on. Watch Duquesnoy kick some dude in the dick and end the fight within seconds of the first round in the video playlist in the article.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Can you back that up?

yeah, was on my phone so i couldn't look it up easily, but here's some interesting articles to read:

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2010/8/3/1603630/inefficiencies-in-irrelevant

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2009/11/18/1162217/whats-the-matter-with-gladwell

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2009/02/more-gladwell-spoiler-hes-wrong.html

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2011/3/7/2036864/malcolm-gladwell-gets-an-f-in-ranking-methodology

as others have pointed out, he's indeed full of poo poo

Dr. Pancakes
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you for not eating me without syrup

Aurain posted:

I would favour Jon Jones in the fight but anyone who can hit as hard as Rumble and knock out Gus has a legit chance of winning so good luck Rumble, make us proud.

Jones has fought guys who hit hard before what I was really impressed with was his speed, he moved really well for such a massive lhw. He still threw a few wild shots that jones is good at countering. I don't really remember the davis fight but was his cardio an issue at all in that fight? That could be a problem like with DC. DC did great in the first 3 rounds but fell apart in the later rounds which I could see happening to johnson also.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Dangersim posted:

yeah war glover

Glover's win over Rampage Jackson was Rashad level bad. This was just one of the worst fights and they only putGlover in vs Jon because who else was there at the time. This doesn't feel anything like Glover because Rumble is actually knocking people out in exciting fashion not beating Fabio Maldonado into the stone age for 3 full rounds.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Meowbot posted:

Glover's win over Rampage Jackson was Rashad level bad. This was just one of the worst fights and they only putGlover in vs Jon because who else was there at the time. This doesn't feel anything like Glover because Rumble is actually knocking people out in exciting fashion not beating Fabio Maldonado into the stone age for 3 full rounds.

What weird alternate universe do you live in?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dr. Pancakes posted:

Jones has fought guys who hit hard before what I was really impressed with was his speed, he moved really well for such a massive lhw. He still threw a few wild shots that jones is good at countering. I don't really remember the davis fight but was his cardio an issue at all in that fight? That could be a problem like with DC. DC did great in the first 3 rounds but fell apart in the later rounds which I could see happening to johnson also.

firstly, rumble did what he wanted to phil when he wanted to. however i have not seen enough of rumble to say he's anything more than a really good puncher's chance against jones. not to say he's not much more than that, it's just that i'd have nothing to base that on.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
what is rumblejohnson's reach?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

what is rumblejohnson's reach?

an inch shy of gus i think and still well short of jones

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

MassRafTer posted:

What weird alternate universe do you live in?

I was talking about the Glover vs Jon Jones fight not being comparable to Rumble Johnson vs Jon Jones. I guess the alternate universe where Rumble Johnson is a beter fighter than Glover Texeira which isn't really an alternate universe. Also what you are quoting me is saying Rampage Jackson vs Glover Texeira and his thrilling wins over Ryan Bader as well were terrible fight to work up to title contention for Jon Jones. Rumble defeating Gus and Phil Davis (lol) is a much better "climb up the ladder". I was on the Glover fight hype train too but man how the mighty have fallen.

I'm glad Phil Davis lost but at the expense of Ryan Bader winning and really wishing I could send an invoice to both fiighters to pay me back for wasting my time. I also remember when Machida fought Phil Davis and I get a little sad inside. He is a black hole of entertainment.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 25, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Meowbot posted:

I was talking about the Glover vs Jon Jones fight not being comparable to Rumble Johnson vs Jon Jones. I guess the alternate universe where Rumble Johnson is a beter fighter than Glover Texeira which isn't really an alternate universe.

i think he means seriously effort posting a response to a three word throw away post with information everyone already knows

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
The first two rounds of Jones/Rumble will be interesting and then Jones will figure it out and start to gently caress him up and we will be sad.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

So I just watched Ferrozo vs Abbot for the first time and it was ridiculous, Tank is a weirdo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tank is a big fat weirdo whose fight inside a wire cage was the most respectable place he'd ever fought anyone in his liffe. also he pushed some guys head into the cage real hard and got a tap once.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Meowbot posted:

I was talking about the Glover vs Jon Jones fight not being comparable to Rumble Johnson vs Jon Jones. I guess the alternate universe where Rumble Johnson is a beter fighter than Glover Texeira which isn't really an alternate universe. Also what you are quoting me is saying Rampage Jackson vs Glover Texeira and his thrilling wins over Ryan Bader as well were terrible fight to work up to title contention for Jon Jones. Rumble defeating Gus and Phil Davis (lol) is a much better "climb up the ladder". I was on the Glover fight hype train too but man how the mighty have fallen.

I'm glad Phil Davis lost but at the expense of Ryan Bader winning and really wishing I could send an invoice to both fiighters to pay me back for wasting my time. I also remember when Machida fought Phil Davis and I get a little sad inside. He is a black hole of entertainment.

Glover massacred Fabio and the doctor stopped the fight after the 2nd when it should have been stopped much sooner. It did not go to a decision. Glover also had some really quick submissions over trash and not total trash along with his KO of Bader. The Rampage fight was his only decision in that run and even that was 2 rounds of a fun mostly one sided beating until Glover gassed as well and got the world's second funniest leg pick. He beat up Rampage pretty badly in that fight even though he took a few shots in the process. It wasn't much like he Rashad fight. Unless submissions are not exciting in your world Glover had 4 cool stoppages in the UFC to his credit when he got that shot.

Your post would be kind of like me saying "Wow Rumble won a decision over Phil Davis (the guy who lost to Bader who lost to Tito) and it took him 200 punches to put away Gus a guy who lost to Phil Davis. He's got no chance against Jones."

widunder
May 2, 2002

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

I watched live as an entire arena's hearts sank when Gus lost,. But I have to admit I can't hate Rumble, he's kind of a cool dude inside of the cage atleast.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Amirkhani sounds like the next McGregor so far

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marc Goddard did pretty well in the main event last night. His directions to Gus were very loud and clear and he called the fight as soon as possible when Gus' head rolled and it was clear there was no way out of it for him.

Seems easy to poo poo on bad refs, so gotta give them credit when they do well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Aurain posted:

Marc Goddard did pretty well in the main event last night. His directions to Gus were very loud and clear and he called the fight as soon as possible when Gus' head rolled and it was clear there was no way out of it for him.

Seems easy to poo poo on bad refs, so gotta give them credit when they do well.

hahahaha that stoppage was so, so late

EmmyOk posted:

Amirkhani sounds like the next McGregor so far

he's personable but whether or not he's really good which is kind of essential remains to be seen

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

yeah that was late as gently caress and it made me very sad to see gus bawling

was that brunette laughing at him

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Any goon live in Milwaukee, WI?

Please God tell me someone here is going to give Chael a ride in the AM.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I guess LHW is a bad division because fighters in it won't stop crying.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

he's personable but whether or not he's really good which is kind of essential remains to be seen

Very true, but I meant more in that he's a relatively unknown(?) fighter who came out with a very quick knockout and turned out to be very likable on the mic. Also from a small country with poo poo weather and a reputation for drinking. Spooky!

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Marching Powder posted:

hahahaha that stoppage was so, so late

Maybe I'm just numb to these things, but I've seen so much worse than last night that I didn't have a problem with it at all. Especially in a main event, if he's still got any kind of shot to improve his position then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he will escape and continue to fight.

Dangersim posted:

I'm coming up on a decade being a big mma fan and I find myself slowly turning into Bundt.

Yep

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Maybe I'm just numb to these things, but I've seen so much worse than last night that I didn't have a problem with it at all. Especially in a main event, if he's still got any kind of shot to improve his position then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he will escape and continue to fight.

I still haven't seen anything worse than that Bellator stoppage where the guy was throwing up backstage after the fight or whatever.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
None of the stoppages last night were that bad. The Mr. Finland/Ogle one was perfect, Gustafsson was mostly defending himself, and the ref dove to save Hendo because he went completely limp when he fell, it's just that he'd woken back up by the time the ref got there.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

canti32 posted:

Why? Two men talking about dicks is pretty much the most mma thing ever

Only if they kiss too.

BTW apparently somebody got his butt hurt and started some post talking poo poo about me on some forum dedicated to bitching about things that happen on this forum. I think that poo poo is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL1otYVDntk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiIlbz4BrJk

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
rename this thread those youtube videos. Thank you fatherdog.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Gustafsson was mostly defending himself

In what world is turtling up and eating massive uppercuts and punches to the ear defending yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Only if they kiss too.

BTW apparently somebody got his butt hurt and started some post talking poo poo about me on some forum dedicated to bitching about things that happen on this forum. I think that poo poo is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL1otYVDntk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiIlbz4BrJk

Avatar/poster coordination is rad. 10/10 would watch again.

• Locked thread