Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Venom Snake posted:

There is a group of them at my Uni (they are at every uni tho because they are mostly 18+), and they seem to keep to themselves and not really bug anyone with it.

there that the extent is my experience with bronies

The brony club at my alma mater did a recruitment table every now and then. They'd set one up in one of the school's busiest hallways with a hilariously awful info board designed worse than a third grade science fair panel.

I always felt really awkward walking past that.

E: they'd also try to lure people to their table with free baked goods. Even I managed to resist that urge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

The offsite brony goon forum unironically believes that the people who use mlp as a gender-rebellion girlmode gateway are in no way the majority when it comes to bronies

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Venom Snake posted:

While bronies have no asthetic currency, goths sure as gently caress didn't lol

Goth is what happened when post-punk and mod decided to gently caress. Even if you think it's stupid as hell, it still emerged as a part of a social movement. Bronies are what happens when socially stunted fuckwits watch too much tv and ooze around on the Interbutts.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

the military is infiltrated with bronies. i have seen them.

edit:

We are FOB Equestria, a website of active and non-active armed forces personnel gathered together from all over the world under a single banner. We are members of the military, and we love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Seems contradictory doesn’t it?

[break]

We do not believe so.

[break]

Our mission as military bronies is to help stop the stigma that My Little Pony is for little girls and that it’s wrong for anyone outside this demographic to enjoy the show. This is a show about values, good values, that every person young and old should know and adhere by.

The air force (lmao) has an official patch for bronies

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

what

how

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

The offsite brony goon forum unironically believes that the people who use mlp as a gender-rebellion girlmode gateway are in no way the majority when it comes to bronies

what does this mean

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Mak0rz posted:

what

how

just a guess here but your desire to watch a childrens tv show probably doesnt hinder your ability to be willing and skillful at dropping ordinance on people from the safety of a drone control chair, probably the opposite infact

Wulfolme posted:

what does this mean

it means they beleive the brony movement isnt just a cover for guys who want to act "girly"

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
semi relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSS058pjWw

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A Stupid Baby posted:

just a guess here but your desire to watch a childrens tv show probably doesnt hinder your ability to be willing and skillful at dropping ordinance on people from the safety of a drone control chair, probably the opposite infact

no I mean how is it official? why is it official?

is it "officially recognized" within the brony community, or is it Officially Recognized by the US Air Force?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

just like on gbs 99 percent are gender confused non-cis scum, the different is that gbsers admit as much.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
It happened to me. I was brony shamed at the furcon.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

CrimsonSaber posted:

Bronies are the pinnacle of anti conformist behavior, for the sole sake of carving out their own desperate and incestual social group.

People do it all the time, but it's the colorful and cute nature of the bronie phenomenon that makes it particularly insidious and annoying.

Pop culture co-opted nerd poo poo and the internet, so the outcasts had to find something to rally around that was so horrifying and repulsive to the average person that it would never be taken from them by the mainstream. Blame society for bronies.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
FTFY

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

The air force (lmao) has an official patch for bronies

You know, were it not for bronies, and had MLP stayed dead with the 80s, I could see this being a funny tongue-in-cheek thing. I seem to remember seeing goofy patches like that from WWII and Vietnam.

But bronies.

A white Toyota scion with the license plate "BRONY" cut me off on Old Georgetown Road in Maryland once a few years ago. I never wanted to ram into another car with such anger like I wanted to that day. Thanks for reading my story of brony intolerance.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Someday, Tina. Someday...

• Locked thread