Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Haquer posted:

flavor of the month game
|
v
screen protectors
|
v
faceplates/decals/flavor of the month ~limited release~ decal
|
v
smudges because NINTENDO loving US AGAIN ON GLOSSY CONSOLES
|
v
pants/pockets/jacket chat
|
v
flavor of the month game

Repeat ad nauseam

The best part is this has been happening around here since the Gameboy Advance threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

loving gross. If walk around with a body condom on all the time, I don't know what to tell you.

But does you body condom have fingerprints on it?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

io_burn posted:

The best part is this has been happening around here since the Gameboy Advance threads.

...man, screw 3DS pants chat, I can't imagine fitting a GBA in a pocket.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I wish they'd make a smaller GBA that was designed to fit in smaller pockets.

But I realize that it still may be too big. They should just make a small rear end GBA with no frills.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

I wish they'd make a smaller GBA that was designed to fit in smaller pockets.

But I realize that it still may be too big. They should just make a small rear end GBA with no frills.

Perhaps some kind of micro-sized GBA... with faceplates!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I don't think it'll be big enough to work with any of our existing proprietary cables, so we have a whole new line of them!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

Perhaps some kind of micro-sized GBA... with faceplates!

Whoa. Let's not get crazy here.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nintendo would never release something with faceplates here.

What if we don't get the N3DS because Nintendo saw how poorly the Micro did? That'd be some poo poo, wouldn't it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sprite141 posted:

Not showing up for me. I guess I missed it yet again.

It was available for only a few hours before they sold out again.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

noirstronaut posted:

Nintendo would never release something with faceplates here.

What if we don't get the N3DS because Nintendo saw how poorly the Micro did? That'd be some poo poo, wouldn't it.

I loved the Micro. :cry:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

io_burn posted:

I loved the Micro. :cry:

It's one of my favorite Nintendo handhelds next to the DS Lite (decided the Lite was better for a few reasons) but apparently it did horribly because everyone who ever wanted a GBA by the time it came to the US already had one and/or moved on from it. I think Nintendo silently discontinued it here too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It also came out like a year after the DS did so no one really wanted it when you could get the bigger and fancier machine.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

All of this talk about the GBA Micro is making me consider buying on my next payday since I never got to own one when it was a thing.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

HPanda posted:

If you really think about it, everything has fingerprints. We leave a light film on just about everything we touch, plus shed hair, plus skin flakes, etc. Humans are pretty disgusting, so just go with it.

Or worry about how shiny a toy looks.

Not me, I bathe in a pool of bleach so my 3DS doesn't get all covered up in smudges.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I still feel deep shame over not getting the special edition Mother 3 package with the Micro.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
I want to love MH, and want that New 3DS one, but previous games have just left me kind of...meh....about it. It should tick off all the boxes for games I like but I think I just found it too slow? I mean, I get that if I'm fighting a big dragon or whatever then sure it'll take awhile and you have to play smart/tactical. I once spent an HOUR trying to kill one of the very first monster quests, spending the entire time in one area, killing all 4 poo poo mobs + quest monster because all of them aggro'd me at the same time and I had to spend 99% of my time dodging/blocking and slowly whittling them all down.

Is that the way it goes with every MH? Does it suck super bad until you start really upgrading your weapons? Or am I missing a skill/this game is just not for me?

Also, this thread is the best, past 2 pages were fantastic, 5 stars.

A Miserable Robot
Nov 4, 2009

TollTheHounds posted:

I want to love MH, and want that New 3DS one, but previous games have just left me kind of...meh....about it. It should tick off all the boxes for games I like but I think I just found it too slow? I mean, I get that if I'm fighting a big dragon or whatever then sure it'll take awhile and you have to play smart/tactical. I once spent an HOUR trying to kill one of the very first monster quests, spending the entire time in one area, killing all 4 poo poo mobs + quest monster because all of them aggro'd me at the same time and I had to spend 99% of my time dodging/blocking and slowly whittling them all down.

Is that the way it goes with every MH? Does it suck super bad until you start really upgrading your weapons? Or am I missing a skill/this game is just not for me?

Were you doing village quests or port/guild hall quests? The port/guild hall stuff has more health because they were intended for multiplayer, so you'll need better equipment to kill them in a reasonable amount of time.

Try the Arena desk, you get given appropriate weapons and armor. The demo for 4u also gives you appropriate weapons and armor, you can kill the Tetsu in under 8 minutes pretty easily. Again though, the local/multi versions have more health.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Paper Triangle posted:

Your wallet goes in your back right pocket and your phone goes in your back left pocket and if you do anything else you're a literal infant. When you sit down you take both things out of your back pockets (which is easy as long as you have two hands) and put them down somewhere near you so you can keep an eye on them. Now you don't have a bad back and you still look like an adult when you're in public and nobody well ever suspect you enjoy video games.

Can this be the description of the games forum?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TollTheHounds posted:

Not really, they give you a 50 minute time limit on quests but the expectation is you're going to finish way before that. You probably just weren't scoring good hits or were bouncing, did you keep your weapon sharpened? If you're using a bladed weapon you want to make sure you're hitting soft tissue for maximum damage, and keeping your weapon sharp also dramatically increases the amount of damage you do and decreases the chance of you bouncing off of hard parts and doing negligible damage. You are half right in that early weapons do kind of suck until you start getting things with better sharpness bars, but also the early monsters are proportionally weaker to compensate for that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should also try a bunch of different weapon types to find the one that works for you

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

TollTheHounds posted:

Were you trying to kill the Lagi that they explicitly told you not to fight and run away from cause lol if so

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
In actual 3DS game news, I finally picked up the latest Pokemon game and holy moly are there some quality of life improvements. I am not that far in, but I have experienced the pure joy of the DexNav. It shows how many pokemon left you haven't encountered on the current route, any missing trainers, and can locate certain pokemon for you to catch (although I haven't tested out that part). It is incredibly handy, and I can only imagine more features get unlocked later.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Ragequit posted:

In actual 3DS game news, I finally picked up the latest Pokemon game and holy moly are there some quality of life improvements. I am not that far in, but I have experienced the pure joy of the DexNav. It shows how many pokemon left you haven't encountered on the current route, any missing trainers, and can locate certain pokemon for you to catch (although I haven't tested out that part). It is incredibly handy, and I can only imagine more features get unlocked later.

DexNav is super good and made me actually want to complete the Pokedex. It's too bad that they'll probably forget about it by Gen VII or Pokemon Z or w/e

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Andrast posted:

But does you body condom have fingerprints on it?

My body condom doesn't produce HUMAN FILTH you peasant.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I always wanted a GBA Micro, but the first opportunity I got to actually pick one up I balked due to not actually having many GBA titles I would actually play on it anymore. Granted by the time I actually FOUND one I was already on a DSi XL.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I just finished Link Between Worlds and am hard up for more Zelda action, how are the eShop ports of the classic Zelda games? Worth picking up?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

io_burn posted:

I just finished Link Between Worlds and am hard up for more Zelda action, how are the eShop ports of the classic Zelda games? Worth picking up?

The Oracles games are worth picking up for sure.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

punakone posted:

Goons, only people to think that liking to have things clean when not in use is a problem :allears:

I hope you scrub down literally everything because you leave residue behind on everything you touch, you just see it more on your glossy 3DS coating.

If you don't, then cleaning only your 3DS outside is retarded if you're legit worried about things being "dirty".

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

io_burn posted:

Every single zelda nerd in the entire world hasn't yet shut up about the 3D ports to 3DS you should try those.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Nolgthorn posted:

Every single zelda nerd in the entire world hasn't yet shut up about the 3D ports to 3DS you should try those.

Ports? Is there another one beyond Ocarina of Time?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

any GameStop goons have the Codename STEAM demo codes? I'm kinda intrigued by it and want to hear some impressions.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

io_burn posted:

Ports? Is there another one beyond Ocarina of Time?

Majora's Mask, but that hasn't been released yet. (Feb. 13th)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't played it but you'll be thrilled to know it's full of Days of Ruin-style metal BGM.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Yea one of them isn't coming out until two weeks from now, probably there should be a separate forum to handle the post-load.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Well, gently caress. I bought a microSD card to prepare for my Nu3DS and got an error when transferring my stuff. When inserted into the 3DS everything seemed all right and all my saved games and the like were fine so I didn't really think anything of it.

Then I downloaded the MH4 demo and it kept getting to 99% and spitting out errors. Then the whole thing hosed up and all my stuff stored on the SD card just disappeared from the menu even though it still recognized half of them? Ended up putting the SD card in my computer and running an automated fix on it. So now it appears to be working fine.

Total casualties: Bravely Default/Persona Q/Pokemon Alpha Sapphire all got deleted and their save files erased. Somehow I got lucky as gently caress and my Fire Emblem/Pokemon X/Kid Icarus games and saves made it through totally unscathed.

I'm pretty sure its fixed now, as I've reinstalled the games that got deleted and even managed to dl the demo and they all work fine. Is there anything to be concerned about?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Zore posted:

Well, gently caress. I bought a microSD card to prepare for my Nu3DS and got an error when transferring my stuff. When inserted into the 3DS everything seemed all right and all my saved games and the like were fine so I didn't really think anything of it.

Then I downloaded the MH4 demo and it kept getting to 99% and spitting out errors. Then the whole thing hosed up and all my stuff stored on the SD card just disappeared from the menu even though it still recognized half of them? Ended up putting the SD card in my computer and running an automated fix on it. So now it appears to be working fine.

Total casualties: Bravely Default/Persona Q/Pokemon Alpha Sapphire all got deleted and their save files erased. Somehow I got lucky as gently caress and my Fire Emblem/Pokemon X/Kid Icarus games and saves made it through totally unscathed.

I'm pretty sure its fixed now, as I've reinstalled the games that got deleted and even managed to dl the demo and they all work fine. Is there anything to be concerned about?

How did you format it?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

8-bit Miniboss posted:

How did you format it?

It was FAT32 out of the box so I just left it as is. When I put it back in my computer to see if I could fix it the computer had a pop-up that said the data was corrupted and it would run an automated fix on it so I just ran that.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

how do people get a bad/sore back based off where they put their phone/wallet? serious question because i really can't see how it happens...

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

megalodong posted:

how do people get a bad/sore back based off where they put their phone/wallet? serious question because i really can't see how it happens...

When you have fat stacks of cash it throws out your back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

megalodong posted:

• Locked thread