Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Survey dungeons literally can't drop anything higher than 3 star eggs, so the fairy wont be evolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

aherdofpenguins posted:

Come over and join us on JP! I started out on US and made a JP account at around rank 100. I played both for a while but ended up ditching my US account and going full out JP.

...who else plays on JPN here?

Yo! I run Athena / Ronia / UBeelz / L. Meta / GZL / Isis.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The PAL machine has given me four blue dragon fruits now.

I'm ready for the Blonia ultimate, GungHo!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

AfroSquirrel posted:

The PAL machine has given me four blue dragon fruits now.

I'm ready for the Blonia ultimate, GungHo!

I have like 40 blue dragon fruits in my box for the day GH decides I'm worthy of a Blonia

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Would anyone mind giving me a quick run-down on which legend or mythical-level teams the Chinese girls make ideal subs?

Kirin's best as a leader, not many teams that I need a 20% gravity sub. Haku's the obvious one, great for a Pandora, Ronia or pretty much any dark-centric team, to be honest.

Interested in Leilan, Meimei and Karin as subs.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Chewbot posted:

Would anyone mind giving me a quick run-down on which legend or mythical-level teams the Chinese girls make ideal subs?

Kirin's her own leader, not many teams that I need a 20% gravity sub. Haku's the obvious one, great for a Pandora, Ronia or pretty much any dark-centric team, to be honest.

Interested in Leilan, Meimei and Karin.

Athena like Meimei a lot

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Chewbot posted:

Kirin's best as a leader, not many teams that I need a 20% gravity sub. Haku's the obvious one, great for a Pandora, Ronia or pretty much any dark-centric team, to be honest.

They're all good for their heroes if you have the corresponding ninja, except Genbu (Suzaku doesn't need Chiyome, Yamato Takeru turns green to red). Suzaku is an acceptable substitute for Superman on a Wukong Team.

Seiryuu is an excellent Blonia sub, especially if you also have Hermes.

They all go in the appropriate type/colour team of course. I know people use Suzaku in Attacker Amaterasu teams. Genbu is a good board clear for GZL.

They're also key subs for their Indian 2 god.

Genbu is also one of the best Osiris subs. (Verdandi is slightly better)

The Norns overshadow them a bit tbh, but not by much.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Failed hard twice on Wednesday Legend with GZL/GZL/Michael/Perseus/AGValk/GZL

I think I can eventually get the hang of managing my HP. I've got a first turn orb changer so I could deal with a bad first board. My problem was my other orb changers also make hearts so if Valk isn't ready, it's hard to use them and keep my leader bonus.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chewbot posted:

Just pay attention to the synergies between their skills. For instance, Haku is really good for Pandora, but so is Genbu, because she creates dark and green orbs (which Pandora can transform). Leilan light orbs can be changed to red by Chiyome, and so on.
Genbu is not helped by her ninja but there are a lot of monsters that can switch light<->dark so she goes well as an off-color sub or in light/green teams, which are quite powerful.

Then look at their typing, DD Haku is really good for Ronia for three reasons: she generates dark and red orbs, is a devil, and has two dark rows. You can find similar synergies for the other ones.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
I should really piece together a Wadatsumi team, but it's such a mindfuck to try and put together a team without awakenings nowadays. And it's all blue all the time, so Horus and RoBu seem like a bit of a bad idea. Mono-green seems like a bad idea with U&Y constantly stealing hearts. What do folks use for this dungeon?

The drive to farm orbs is strong indeed - strong enough to make me want to farm descends I gave zero fucks about before.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

trucutru posted:

Just pay attention to the synergies between their skills. For instance, Haku is really good for Pandora, but so is Genbu, because she creates dark and green orbs (which Pandora can transform). Leilan light orbs can be changed to red by Chiyome, and so on.
Genbu is not helped by her ninja but there are a lot of monsters that can switch light<->dark so she goes well as an off-color sub or in light/green teams, which are quite powerful.

Then look at their typing, DD Haku is really good for Ronia for three reasons: she generates dark and red orbs, is a devil, and has two dark rows. You can find similar synergies for the other ones.

Yeah I get it, just wondering if anyone had a handy cheat sheet. I'm not as familiar with the R/G/B chinese girls as subs and was wondering what their common teams are.

Thanks for the replies, that pretty much answers my question.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Genbu is also beautiful with Bastet. You end up with a huge combo and tons of on-color matches. It's hard not to one shot bosses when you can pop Izanagi and Genbu on the same turn. Suzaku can also be really good with Bastet, especially if you need to shoehorn in an Echidna.

This (and Athena, who also loves Izanagi/Genbu) is why I'm considering hunting green orbs in a couple days.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
Okay, so I've done Wednesday Legend with Athena before, but I'm not super consistent about it. I realized I have a solid skill-lock-proof team in my box now with

LKali/DDYomi/Gabriel/Bastet(?)/?/Friend LKali

But I'm curious what works best in the remaining slot and/or whether I should try to sub out Bastet for an on-color skill lock awakening. As is, I'm thinking the green will help with the blue mask.

Should I go with a delay? A defense break to make the blue mask die slightly faster? Prioritize good awakenings?

Padherder

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

Are we supposed to farm Gleaming Dragon for Persephone/Angelion skillups? Cause I just went through like 8 run without a single drop. Even at 15 stam, I'm tempted to just give up and go elsewhere, jesus.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Sir Gladu posted:

Are we supposed to farm Gleaming Dragon for Persephone/Angelion skillups? Cause I just went through like 8 run without a single drop. Even at 15 stam, I'm tempted to just give up and go elsewhere, jesus.

Persephone is BY FAR the easiest greek god in the entire game to skill up because of this dungeon. It drops fully evo'd skillups. If you have her you should consider yourself lucky and just keep running it. Don't stone for it until the last day though because it'll probably be 2x drops then.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I just unlocked Divine Queen of Darkness. I should be able to clear this fail-proofed with patience and a full-awakened ult-evod GrOdin buddy, right?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Sir Gladu posted:

It'll likely be 2x drop on Friday so you can wait until then. Estimated drop rate for the last floor is 15% without the drop bonus, with the Wicked Lady drop being a little higher. Don't go in expecting a drop every run.

Also if you're looking to skill up Angelion, Big Shynees can be used for that so you don't need to just wait for Gleaming Dragon to do it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

AfroSquirrel posted:

I just unlocked Divine Queen of Darkness. I should be able to clear this fail-proofed with patience and a full-awakened ult-evod GrOdin buddy, right?

You need 6 total passive Regens to do it guaranteed with just a Grodin friend, though you only really need 5 as long as you make some heals during Hades. So make sure you bring someone else with at least one passive regen. You also need at least ~16500 HP to survive a hit from Hades, so make sure you meet that too.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You need 6 total passive Regens to do it guaranteed with just a Grodin friend, though you only really need 5 as long as you make some heals during Hades. So make sure you bring someone else with at least one passive regen. You also need at least ~16500 HP to survive a hit from Hades, so make sure you meet that too.

Hades could be a problem, since I've been carrying myself with a basic valkyrie team (and healers have no HP). I really should put a PADherder together.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

heisenberg posted:

I should really piece together a Wadatsumi team, but it's such a mindfuck to try and put together a team without awakenings nowadays. And it's all blue all the time, so Horus and RoBu seem like a bit of a bad idea. Mono-green seems like a bad idea with U&Y constantly stealing hearts. What do folks use for this dungeon?

The drive to farm orbs is strong indeed - strong enough to make me want to farm descends I gave zero fucks about before.

If you're just looking to do it on Legend for the drop, SoD Luci makes it surprisingly easy. Nothing can oneshot you or outpace your recovery except Wadatsumi sub 25% (and you only need to get him to 36% to double-tap him with Luci).

Haven't tried it on Mythical so if that's your goal or you want to beat it in less than 30 minutes, well

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Yo, I have a couple questions after playing this a couple days.

1) I have a lot of Dragon Flower / Plant / Seeds and a bunch of low tier yellow masks sitting in my monster box taking up space, is it worth keeping them around or will I not need them later on and can safely ditch them?

2) Is the only way to get access at all the gods you guys talk about in the thread via the REM until you finally get past the Castle of Satan, or can you actually evolve them out of some things?

3) I've got Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin and Enchantress of the Sea, Siren on my team right now (I got Siren out of the REM after a particularly impulsive night where I said gently caress it and tossed 5 stones in), is there any way early on to get their skills leveled up? I'm only of Twin Temple Apollo at the moment, but I was curious if there were any places I could find the monsters that give their skill ups in close to where I am.

4) I've seen it be mentioned you can Ult Evo a monster at any time, even if they aren't max level. Is there any way I could do that for either of them, and would that help?

5)I'm going to finally hit padherder for friend requests, who should I focus on sending requests to compliment Karin?

That's about it for questions, but I really gotta say goddamn is this game enjoyable to play, and I am really glad I followed the starter advice to reroll till you got a god. Karin has made some things far more doable then they would have been, and there is nothing more satisfying then hitting her skill and watching the big boss explode into fireworks. :owned:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

SaffronKit posted:

That's about it for questions, but I really gotta say goddamn is this game enjoyable to play, and I am really glad I followed the starter advice to reroll till you got a god. Karin has made some things far more doable then they would have been, and there is nothing more satisfying then hitting her skill and watching the big boss explode into fireworks. :owned:

1) You can farm the seed/plant/flower easily on Thursdays. No reason to keep excess Flowers, as far as I know, but Seeds and Plants are used for Pengdras

3) Siren's skill can be leveled via Aqua Goblins, making it one of the easiest in the game.

4) Probably not. Even if you had the materials, cost is a limiting factor early on. Going overcost after an evo sucks :(

5) Other Karins!

this is my still mostly newbie advice

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

SaffronKit posted:

1) I have a lot of Dragon Flower / Plant / Seeds and a bunch of low tier yellow masks sitting in my monster box taking up space, is it worth keeping them around or will I not need them later on and can safely ditch them?

2) Is the only way to get access at all the gods you guys talk about in the thread via the REM until you finally get past the Castle of Satan, or can you actually evolve them out of some things?

3) I've got Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin and Enchantress of the Sea, Siren on my team right now (I got Siren out of the REM after a particularly impulsive night where I said gently caress it and tossed 5 stones in), is there any way early on to get their skills leveled up? I'm only of Twin Temple Apollo at the moment, but I was curious if there were any places I could find the monsters that give their skill ups in close to where I am.

4) I've seen it be mentioned you can Ult Evo a monster at any time, even if they aren't max level. Is there any way I could do that for either of them, and would that help?

5)I'm going to finally hit padherder for friend requests, who should I focus on sending requests to compliment Karin?

Keep all your dragon plants etc. because they're important evo materials and you WILL run out of them once you start putting levels and evos into things

Gods are mostly REM only. Many are only obtainable from their dungeon, but that's waaaaay off for you, even after clearing Castle of Satan. Generally you won't be able to clear the descended dungeona until you're capable of clearing Starlight Sanctuary.

Karin skillups can be gotten from evoing Blue Chasers, which can appear from the PAL egg machine rarely but really you'll want to be farming the blue chaser dungeon whenever that rolls around again. edit: wrong on Siren, got her confused with Echidna

For ult evos, look up their page on PADX and see if you have the mats. I think Karin needs a regular evo first.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tarezax posted:

More good advice

Thanks for this, also I feel dumb that I didn't notice the aqua goblin's having the same skill, I have pumped so many into other dudes and I could have been getting skill ups this entire time!

One other question I forgot, I keep seeing a bunch of special dungeons being mentioned, and I've glanced at them on the select screen. Can I actually do some of these (aside from the descended dungeons)? I keep seeing different difficulties being mentioned as well, which I assume don't become available till later for me, would doing them baseline be significantly less difficult?

klez
Oct 23, 2010

SaffronKit posted:

1) At your point there's really no need to keep too many seed/flower/masks etc. so you can sell most of them and save like 2-3 each, if you have the space. Plants are used for Pengdras so they're good before you can farm super metal. Try not to sell any 5*+ materials from PAL machine if you can though as they can be rare.

As an aside spending stone to expend box space is a good thing. General rule for starters is twice the box space as your level.

2) Most Gods are REM which means waiting for Godfest and $$. Others are descends that comes like once a month and some of them are good for non-rem (ex Athena)

3) Most REM Gods skill up via limited time dungeons, but Siren can be skill up via Aqua Goblins. Karin is skilled up by blue chasers which you can rarely get from PAL machine so you can save those.

4)While your Karin can be Ult Evo it's probably still a long way (like 2 weeks?) for you.

For now, get yourself though the dungeons as far as you can, save your stones, evo Karin, and grind levels on weekends. Godfest should happen in a few days so you can try your luck if it's a good one.

As for special dungeons, you can sorta tell how hard they are by their stamina used. So anything your stamina bar allows you to do you can most likely do it, expect 40+ stamina dungeons which can get tough. At this point you don't really have a use for them yet though expect the weekday's dungeon for evo mats.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

Zombies' Downfall posted:

If you're just looking to do it on Legend for the drop, SoD Luci makes it surprisingly easy. Nothing can oneshot you or outpace your recovery except Wadatsumi sub 25% (and you only need to get him to 36% to double-tap him with Luci).

Haven't tried it on Mythical so if that's your goal or you want to beat it in less than 30 minutes, well

It's for trying to get orb drops, so it was trying legend.

I got a dark-focused Robu team up to U&Y, but I knocked him too low. Then started my comedy of errors. Tried that 3 more times, didn't make it past the 2nd stage. Switched over to green-heavy Bastet and ate it on floor 2 because I couldn't get enough orbs to one-shot him while he was in blue.

I'm really bad at this.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
This game is pretty cool, I rolled a Freyja and I use some other dudes. Holy poo poo I have no idea what most of you are talking about, but I'm just gonna keep matching these colors. The goon wiki is amazing, by the way.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
Anybody want to be LKali friends? I've been bitten by the 5x bug and only have one friend who runs LKali occasionally.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Finally managed to ult. evo my Kushi when a second green sacred mask tumbled out of the PAL egg machine. I'm going to destroy those weekend dungeons even harder than I already did.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Karnegal posted:

I have like 40 blue dragon fruits in my box for the day GH decides I'm worthy of a Blonia

As a multiple Blonia haver, I've never found her quite as useful as Ronia because she lacks a lot of the synergies that make Ronia so powerful. Blodin is a great stat stick with good awakenings, but his active is useless; Orochi is only alright, and even skilled up he isn't particularly useful since your Blonias will be active well before his delay; Kraken has pretty weak HP for a physical, meh awakenings befitting a farmable monster, and only enhances one color (though thankfully you don't really have to go through the murder of skilling it up); and though Karin is great, she doesn't bring anything if you don't need another orb changer. The one really great thing I've seen is that she now has Creuse to replace Bubblie (and I'd really like one), but overall she just has fewer interesting subs.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 29, 2015

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Reports that the latest JP version has a bug where you sometimes can't evo / uvo something. If it turns out that you fed stuff for an uvo and it just doesn't count, imagine the shitstorm...

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

escape mechanism posted:

Seiryuu is an excellent Blonia sub, especially if you also have Hermes.

Seiryuu is also great on a Physical Isis team.

SaffronKit posted:

She was one of the early gods I pulled almost a year ago, and she's really flexible. When you're just starting out, you're going to be pulling every Godfest and you're going to have a bunch of random poo poo until you start getting enough guys of a single color (unless you pull an easy combo leader - I didn't until much later) to make a coherent team. I almost feel like landing her meant that I could bring those random pulls together play pretty far until my mono-green team matured.

Don't worry about skilling up the big guns yet, worry about grinding out the rank to cover the team cost of your evos. Team up with other Karins, Isis, Nephys and Bastet. Start putting together a Zombie team for the midrange evo mats. You'll get a good 2-4 free pulls on the REM, but don't be afraid to add box space once in a while.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

ReidRansom posted:

As a multiple Blonia haver, I've never found her quite as useful as Ronia because she lacks a lot of the synergies that make Ronia so powerful. Blodin is a great stat stick with good awakenings, but his active is useless; Orochi is only alright, and even skilled up he isn't particularly useful since your Blonias will be active well before his delay; Kraken has pretty weak HP for a physical, meh awakenings befitting a farmable monster, and only enhances one color (though thankfully you don't really have to go through the murder of skilling it up); and though Karin is great, she doesn't bring anything if you don't need another orb changer. The one really great thing I've seen is that she now has Creuse to replace Bubblie (and I'd really like one), but overall she just has fewer interesting subs.

Yeah, I have 0 Rodin and Blodin too. Blue is also the color I'm missing the most gods from, so I don't think I'd even have a team if I got a Blonia. I just obsess over keeping all my skill foods - JUST IN CASE. I've got some CoC Goblins from when I started a little over a year ago that are just waiting for that Freya I'll get some day.

At this point, I should probably stop using the REM as there are only like 6 gods I really want and outside of the Indian 2 Pantheon they're all in sets I already have 4/5. Sun Quan is the only one I think I might chase, maybe if there's a players choice that has him and some others.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
So I have a light kali and a valk. should I ult evolve the valk or wait until I have an athena? I doubt I'll be able to get the mats again soon.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Mezzanine posted:

Reports that the latest JP version has a bug where you sometimes can't evo / uvo something. If it turns out that you fed stuff for an uvo and it just doesn't count, imagine the shitstorm...

It's really difficult to miss a uvo in 7.6, though

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Karnegal posted:

At this point, I should probably stop using the REM as there are only like 6 gods I really want and outside of the Indian 2 Pantheon they're all in sets I already have 4/5. Sun Quan is the only one I think I might chase, maybe if there's a players choice that has him and some others.

I've set a goal to not pull the REM until I get my Athena team skilled and leveled, and my u&Y team awoken and leveled. I figure it will be a good 3 to 6 months before I'm done with both of those goals. I just started doing it, but it's helped me avoid chasing stuff so far. I have way to many gods, and the last thing I need at this point is to add more to the collection.

On the subject of Blonia, is there any potential in a dark heavy team? I'm lacking the good blue subs, except for Hermes, and I just don't feel like I'm getting anything else out of it without more rows blue rows, I think I have five if I sub in leviathan.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Uber Kosh posted:

Yo! I run Athena / Ronia / UBeelz / L. Meta / GZL / Isis.

Hurray, I run Sonia (need Beelz friends), max skilled GZL, Liu Bei, Hathor and L. Meta. Be my friend~~

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

dragon enthusiast posted:

It's really difficult to miss a uvo in 7.6, though

Wasn't there a picture recently of uvos finally appearing on the regular evo screen? When do we get that?

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

7.6 addition, apparently they'll start lighting up as you get more portions of the recipe correcttha

Looks cute. Of the gacha style puzzle games that have been released over the years PAD has the most and the best content, but the UI has started to become fairly dated. I know when I first tried playing the game I was confused and got turned off by the boring, difficult to navigate menus. Only after playing some of a newer game (Dragon Coins, in my case) did I feel like I could actually figure out what was going on in PAD. I know this here is only a little tiny thing, but it's the first update to the game's UI that I've seen so far, and I hope this is an indication that GungHo is going to be putting some more future effort into making the UI experience more slick and usable. So much of the game is played outside of the puzzling screen, so it makes sense to put some effort into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kilson posted:

Wasn't there a picture recently of uvos finally appearing on the regular evo screen? When do we get that?

JP still doesn't have it yet (it was a screenshot from the lead dev's phone), so idk

• Locked thread