Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

redstormpopcorn posted:

That impact-sledgehammer thing appears to use shotgun parts. And shells. I like where this is goin'. :fuckoff:
:fap: Heavy tools and Shotguns?!

If it doesn't have this animation somewhere I will be totally disappointed.

edit: I didn't look hard enough at the pictures. It totally does do that. Awesome!

Broose fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 9, 2015

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
:aaaaa:
Is...is that Reverend Albert in the screenshots? Oh my god yes.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Please let me throw money at your game so I can play the clunky unpolished version right now, tia

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Chard posted:

Please let me throw money at your game so I can play the clunky unpolished version right now, tia

And then watch as the Steam forums get flooded with people bitching about the game not being polished as soon as it comes out on EA. :v:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
This game looks so over the top and ridiculous and gory. Just like KF should be.

Also

:yosbutt:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Is that DJ Scully in one of the screenshots? How many returning player characters do we know of so far?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'll cave if the chicken suit is a pre-order bonus.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Revitalized posted:

Is that DJ Scully in one of the screenshots? How many returning player characters do we know of so far?

Mr Foster
DJ Skully
Reverend Alfred
Agent Wilkes (power armor guy)
Security Officer Thorne (mutant guy)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Turnways, I demand that Commando Chicken and Chickenator be brought back from the dead. Even if they're exclusive EA skins.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Is this one going to have the film-grain filter that the 1st one has, and if so, an option to turn it off?

Also, is there a way to turn it off in the first one? :)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Danith posted:

Is this one going to have the film-grain filter that the 1st one has, and if so, an option to turn it off?

Also, is there a way to turn it off in the first one? :)

For KF1, you can use this mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98000280

Requires a little bit of copy and pasting, but it's worth it.

As for KF2, no idea. I'm hoping the'll either let you disable it in-game or via an .ini.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

I can't respect anyone who doesn't appreciate film grain.

Can I get you some buttered noodles too while you're at it? How about some loving white bread and tap water?
You child.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Slybo posted:

Can I get you some buttered noodles too while you're at it? How about some loving white bread and tap water?
You child.

Yes please sir. I need all my video games to look exactly the same otherwise I might peepee my pantpants.

And I need subtitles turned on when I watch DVDs too even though I can speak my native language. Because video games.....

...........but it has to be a DVD of a movie made after 2001. I won't watch anything that wasn't filmed digitally. Man, those Hobbit movies sure look good in 48fps. I can't wait for all movies to be updated like that so I can finally watch them as intended.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 14, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Slybo posted:

You child.

Slybo posted:

Yes please sir. I need all my video games to look exactly the same otherwise I might peepee my pantpants.

And I need subtitles turned on when I watch DVDs too even though I can speak my native language. Because video games.....

...........but it has to be a DVD of a movie made after 2001. I won't watch anything that wasn't filmed digitally. Man, those Hobbit movies sure look good in 48fps. I can't wait for all movies to be updated like that so I can finally watch them as intended.

:wtc: you colossal dumb gently caress.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Passionate about a graphical filter in this thread.

Or not, I'm not sure.. :psyduck:

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Is he arguing with himself?

He's got a point though. The KF film grain is pretty good.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

frozenpeas posted:

Is he arguing with himself?

He's got a point though. The KF film grain is pretty good.

He's got a point alright, the one his head goes to.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I didnt even realize KF had any sort of grain besides the one you get when you die. That one is pretty terrible, though.

edit: Oh, thats what you guys are talking about? Yeah its definitely not good but who cares it goes away when you start playing.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I want a slider that goes from "KF1 level grain" up to "whiteout blizzard conditions"

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I don't mind the film grain but I can understand how it would cause eyestrain in some people and don't see an issue with it being an option. :shrug:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm excited for Killing Floor 2 and my greatest wish is that the game will be as good as this thread is awful.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Gee post your steam name so we can play with you because you seem like a swell guy.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

I'm excited for Killing Floor 2 and my greatest wish is that the game will be as good as this thread is awful.

i'm gonna follow you around and hit you with my knife while you try to shoot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Hour posted:

embrace bad posting as hilarious posting

O-Unit
Oct 22, 2005

Where's my KF2 update damnit

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ollie74656 posted:

Where's my KF2 update damnit

There's a screenshot of the flamer in action.

I don't know about you, but this looks really goofy to me. I'm glad they're embracing the tongue-in-cheek silliness of 1.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Theta Zero posted:

There's a screenshot of the flamer in action.

I don't know about you, but this looks really goofy to me. I'm glad they're embracing the tongue-in-cheek silliness of 1.

Yes but can I get it in gold?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Is this game ever coming out

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Tamayachi posted:

Only if you've got enough wonga

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tamayachi posted:

Yes, but you'll need to kill 50,000 husks to get it.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

alg posted:

Is this game ever coming out

Revolver Bunker posted:

Yes, but you'll need to kill 50,000 husks to get it.

~~~

I just hit 6 on berserker finally and started working on my Support, but in KF2 I really hope that there's a progression system after hitting max rank for all the perks. Maybe a prestige system like Call of Duty or something.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tamayachi posted:

~~~

I just hit 6 on berserker finally and started working on my Support, but in KF2 I really hope that there's a progression system after hitting max rank for all the perks. Maybe a prestige system like Call of Duty or something.

Just add service stars like BF4 with unlockable skins after reaching certain amounts.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Lots of new screenshots were released today:

http://tripwireinteractive.com/news/new-killing-floor-2-screens-and-a-report-from-pax-south!.aspx

Looks like character customization is in for sure.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

closeted republican posted:

http://tripwireinteractive.com/news/new-killing-floor-2-screens-and-a-report-from-pax-south!.aspx

YES! I'm a total sucker for playing dressup dolly with my character.

Also, y'know, murdering zombies by the hundred. COME OUT ALREADY SO WE CAN BUY YOU!

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

:drat: those are some mighty fine looking specimens!

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Even Mr. Scrake is at a loss for why this game isn't out yet.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Urgh goddamnit get in my Steam library already

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broose posted:

Even Mr. Scrake is at a loss for why this game isn't out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

pretty much me everytime I see posts in this thread and it's not about early access starting

• Locked thread