Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So the new commish came out and said that the HOF voters should not be 'conducting their own investigations' into who did and didn't use steroids.

New commish best commish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Rob Manfred experienced a sudden surge in power this off-season, and now he's shutting down investigations into steroid use. Maybe there's something he doesn't want us to know?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Best Shape of his Life bombs keep falling in Mets land!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/jon-niese-feeling-good-shoulder-mets-2015-article-1.2104926

quote:

Niese has done two stints this winter training with Mike Barwis, who oversees the club’s strength and conditioning programs, here. Spring cliché alert — Niese says he’s in the best shape he’s been in since 2008, and the conditioning has helped his shoulder.

gently caress not having a short stop, with this many players in peak physical condition we'll be OK!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

New Concept Hole posted:

Rob Manfred experienced a sudden surge in power this off-season, and now he's shutting down investigations into steroid use. Maybe there's something he doesn't want us to know?

That everyone is probably still cheating with HGH.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
A Second Player has hit the Gym.

thompson posted:

That everyone is probably still cheating with HGH.

If they are and there's still as many injuries as there is, it's pretty funny.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

New Concept Hole posted:

If they are and there's still as many injuries as there is, it's pretty funny.

It doesn't prevent injuries, it just makes recovery to full strength a bit quicker, right?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Nothing outside of being a goddamn robot is ever going to prevent injuries.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Badfinger posted:

Nothing outside of being a goddamn robot is ever going to prevent injuries.

If your robots blew up in Super Baseball 2020 and you couldn't afford upgrades, they were worse than injured dudes because they were still in the game and awful.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

davecrazy posted:

The Best Shape of his Life bombs keep falling in Mets land!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/jon-niese-feeling-good-shoulder-mets-2015-article-1.2104926

gently caress not having a short stop, with this many players in peak physical condition we'll be OK!

Who is the current top shortstop candidate?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Pastrymancy posted:

Who is the current top shortstop candidate?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/florewi01.shtml

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
Rangers sign Nate Schierholtz to Minor League deal

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

naginalJJ posted:

Rangers sign Nate Schierholtz to Minor League deal

The rangers are raiding the bargain bin. Ryan dudwick and now this?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If you have any interest in video game baseball: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699369

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Jose Molina is going to have knee surgery, which will likely end his career since he is 39.

There goes my dream of Jose being Yadi's backup. :rip:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
PCL teams are knocking it out of the park with Promotional jerseys.

Sacramento River Cats are having a 90s night based on the Red Jaguars of Legends of the Hidden Temple

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Red Jaguars was like the least interesting option, what a bunch of losers. Silver Snakes or get the gently caress out.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

MourningView posted:

Red Jaguars was like the least interesting option, what a bunch of losers. Silver Snakes or get the gently caress out.

They're the river cats, I dunno.

You're right on Silver Snakes though. Get one of Arizona's MiLB affiliates on the phone.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

MourningView posted:

Good Dog posted:

You're right on Silver Snakes though. Get one of Arizona's MiLB affiliates on the phone.

The gently caress is this anti-blue barracudas horseshit

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Sacramento River Cats are having a 90s night based on the Red Jaguars of Legends of the Hidden Temple

This appeals to me and I would probably wear this to some sort of get together if given the chance.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Good Dog posted:

They're the river cats, I dunno.

Tuscon Sidewinders moved to Reno. Their ballpark's now more or less v since not even University of Arizona wanted to use it despite Hi Corbett Field being older than dirt

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

It's half-assed if they don't wear solid yellow batting helmets along with elbow and knee pads.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Monicro posted:

The gently caress is this anti-blue barracudas horseshit

That's like rooting for the Yankees, way to be original, loser.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Meanwhile, on twitter:

https://twitter.com/RealCJ10/status/563852918055383040

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

a goddamn idiot:

quote:

Chipper Jones ✔ @RealCJ10

So the FBI comes out and confirms that Sandy Hook was a hoax! Where is the outrage? What else are we being lied to about? Waco? JFK? Pfff...
5:13 PM - 6 Feb 2015

efb

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

That's like rooting for the Yankees, way to be original, loser.

look man i could never watch the ending temple run thing because it was too stressful dont judge me

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Dear Chipper,

Please stop embarrassing Braves fandom.

Regards,

Braves fandom.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

haha, Chipper deleted it.

YOU CAN'T JUST DELETE YOUR STUPIDITY AWAY, CHIPPER.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I didn't read it, what was the tweet?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Pastrymancy posted:

I didn't read it, what was the tweet?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Was there anything he would be thinking was supposedly the FBI's confession or was it just Chipper being crazy?

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Was there anything he would be thinking was supposedly the FBI's confession or was it just Chipper being crazy?

http://www.snopes.com/info/news/sandyhoax.asp

FBI stats showed no murders in Newtown, CT in 2012, but that's due to some odd bookkeeping-- the state police handled the response instead of the local cops, so the deaths were listed under "State Police Misc.".

edit: Also 9/11 was a hoax perpetrated by Cory Lidle.

Ready! Set! Blow! fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 7, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Monicro posted:

look man i could never watch the ending temple run thing because it was too stressful dont judge me

Those loving kids could never put the silver monkey together right. It's THREE loving PIECES, HOW loving HARD IS THAT? :argh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Those loving kids could never put the silver monkey together right. It's THREE loving PIECES, HOW loving HARD IS THAT? :argh:

Wasn't their some website that revealed the game was rigged and it was impossible to put together?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Step it up, major leagues.

Replace the center field cliffs at Angel Stadium with the Aggro Crag.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
drat I really need to go to a River Cats game this season.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Rand alPaul posted:

Wasn't their some website that revealed the game was rigged and it was impossible to put together?

It wasn't rigged, it was just too tall for most kids. Also there were lights flashing and music playing and people yelling at you.

Hey, how bout that baseball?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
How much did it cost Niese to train this winter?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

zakharov posted:

We've nearly gone an entire offseason without foodchat how can you complain

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

zakharov posted:

It wasn't rigged, it was just too tall for most kids. Also there were lights flashing and music playing and people yelling at you.

Also, the kids didn't specifically volunteer to be on the show. They just grabbed random people at the Universal Studios theme park and asked if they wanted to be on the show quick. They literally shot entire seasons in one day, which is why the host would sometime make shitloads of mistakes and verbal miscues; he was exhausted after filming for 12+ hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

kids didn't specifically volunteer to be on the show.

quote:

asked if they wanted to be on the show quick.
:confused:

Did they neglect to mention it was a game show, or make them think they were in the audience? Regardless, Nickelodeon game shows holding kids hostage and making them play stupid quiz games would be amazing.

• Locked thread