Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea PWX is pretty solid for a mid-tier indie

I wish they ran shows in SC but I'm going to have to check them out when they run Charlotte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

EL BROMANCE posted:

There appears to be the Matt Hardy owned OMEGA at the very least.
drat they have something going on next weekend like 30 minutes from me but I am going to be out of town. That would be sick. I loved Team Xtreme back in the day.

Isn't Chikara supposed to be awesome? They have a show about an hour away next month. Ringside is 40 bucks...I might have to see if I can get a friend who is down. General admission is 20 bucks, but man I'm gonna go big and sit in the front row for 20 bucks more.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

They still do really well but about 18 months ago or so they were seemingly aggressively expanding and were becoming a sister promotion with ROH.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ribsauce posted:

drat they have something going on next weekend like 30 minutes from me but I am going to be out of town. That would be sick. I loved Team Xtreme back in the day.

Isn't Chikara supposed to be awesome? They have a show about an hour away next month. Ringside is 40 bucks...I might have to see if I can get a friend who is down. General admission is 20 bucks, but man I'm gonna go big and sit in the front row for 20 bucks more.
I've been to a few Chikara shows and it's great just sitting in general admission, getting a second row seat, and not being dove on top of.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Flameingblack posted:

I've been to a few Chikara shows and it's great just sitting in general admission, getting a second row seat, and not being dove on top of.

Fun thing about PWG compared to Chikara: EVERYWHERE IS THE SPLASH ZONE

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

LobsterMobster posted:

Fun thing about PWG compared to Chikara: EVERYWHERE IS THE SPLASH ZONE

And most of the time you'll get warning, but sometimes not, like when Joey just dove headfirst into the front row immediately after a spinebuster at Black Cole Sun. The front row opposite hard cam is the most frequent place for dives though, for obvious reasons.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I can't find any indy wrestling in Calgary which totally blows my mind.

I found this lovely group:

http://pwawrestling.ca/?page_id=1393

But it looks like Toronto gets all the fun :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I can't find any indy wrestling in Calgary which totally blows my mind.

If only you still had Original Stampede Wrestling!

http://originalstampedewrestling.com/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

triplexpac posted:

If only you still had Original Stampede Wrestling!

http://originalstampedewrestling.com/

I guess I'll just pay the 1000 bucks to learn how to be a ref from Lace T. Storm.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Tonight I get to see Grado and Dennis Stamp at the AIW show.

I'm stoked.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Grozz Nuy posted:

And most of the time you'll get warning, but sometimes not, like when Joey just dove headfirst into the front row immediately after a spinebuster at Black Cole Sun. The front row opposite hard cam is the most frequent place for dives though, for obvious reasons.

If there's anything I've learnt from indy wrestling shows - when security tell you to move, you loving move.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what security?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I guess it depends on promotion. At PWS in NJ when New Jack and Necro were going at it in the ring, officials came towards our section and told us to move back *NOW* before they spilled out over the guardrail. Probably due to there being weapons and PWS not wanting to get run out of town for someone in the crowd getting hurt. (They were run out of town anyway).

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 20, 2015

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you can stomach rape stipulations!

Ribsauce posted:

What is the best place to find a local wrestling show? I am in North Carolina if that matters. We were flipping through channels at a friend's house and some indie wrestling was on (no idea what) was on and we all decided we would go to a show if it was near us. All I can find googling is some lovely out of date websites. Is there some central site monitoring all the local organizations I am too stupid to locate?

Basically if Trevor Lee is booked, that's the show to go to. CWF Mid-Atlantic in the same location as the Chikara show you've already found is my top suggestion, but the Omega show that has been mentioned looks solid, I'm going, Trevor Lee and Mick Foley will be there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It's 2015 and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would see a Dennis Stamp match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

mariooncrack posted:

It's 2015 and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would see a Dennis Stamp match.

How can he even be booked?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tim Donst at the AIW show tonight announced that doctors found a tumour on this kidney. Unfortunately doctors will have to remove his kidney and he may never Wrestling again.

:-(

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The_Rob posted:

How can he even be booked?

He's trying to sell his book. AIW also flew in Grado for this show.

rovert posted:

Tim Donst at the AIW show tonight announced that doctors found a tumour on this kidney. Unfortunately doctors will have to remove his kidney and he may never Wrestling again.

This was super depressing. He was about to cry on the ring. :smith:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

rovert posted:

That's heartbreaking. My first indie show was his first match. Dude was always the nicest whenever I met him at shows. I even remember being there for the Eddie Kingston match that made him where Kingston stiffed the everloving poo poo out of him and he kept getting back up. After the show, he was standing by the exit, flesh covered in purple, genuinely hoping people were entertained.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

mariooncrack posted:

He's trying to sell his book. AIW also flew in Grado for this show.

But he's not booked! !!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The_Rob posted:

But he's not booked! !!

http://instagram.com/p/zTiUsvtNIn/

Grado, Dennis Stamp, and Dick Justice celebrating:

Tim Donst making his announcement:

Overall, the show was pretty good but it went long. The main event seemed a little short. I think they realized that it was almost 11:30 when the main event went on so they cut it short.

New AIW champion: Josh Alexander with the help of Veda Scott. Crowd really wanted Rickey Shane Page to win though.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 21, 2015

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Sub Rosa posted:

Basically if Trevor Lee is booked, that's the show to go to. CWF Mid-Atlantic in the same location as the Chikara show you've already found is my top suggestion, but the Omega show that has been mentioned looks solid, I'm going, Trevor Lee and Mick Foley will be there.

I am almost positive I will be out of town next Saturday, but if things change I might go.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
CZW's 16th anniversary show is tonight

CZW World Heavyweight Championship - Blk Jeez v. 'Dirty Daddy' Chris Dickinson

CZW World Tag-Team Championship - OI4K v. The Young Bucks

Ultraviolent Street fight: Bulldozer' Matt Tremont v. 'Devil's Outlaw' Stockade

BOTB 14 Qualifier #1 - Sozio v. Joey Janela

BOTB 14 Qualifier #2 - Pepper Parks w/ Cherry Bomb v. 'Dirty' Buxx Belmar

Tables Match - Team Tremendous & Dick Justice v. The Beaver Boys & Rex 'Lawless' Silver

Greg Excellent v. Alexander James

'Primo' Robbie Mireno and Ruckus will be inducted into the CZW Hall of Fame

Kinda meh card but OI4K/Bucks will be killer. Crossing my fingers for Nick Gage to return.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Tables Match - Team Tremendous & Dick Justice v. The Beaver Boys & Rex 'Lawless' Silver

Kinda meh card but OI4K/Bucks will be killer. Crossing my fingers for Nick Gage to return.

Is he out of jail already?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
According to Wikipedia, he's up for parole in March

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

a retard posted:

Is he out of jail already?

Pretty sure he's eligible for parole this year. I'm just in gleaming hope he comes out and chokerbreakers someone.

e: er balls yeah that ^^

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

http://instagram.com/p/zTiUsvtNIn/

Grado, Dennis Stamp, and Dick Justice celebrating:

the new mount crushmore of wrestling

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

where do I watch this?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I was super bummed about Donst. When I saw him before the show last night I want up to him and said its nice to see him out of the hospital. He seemed to be alright. Then he makes that announcement. My heart sank. Dude loves wrestling so much and it's gone now.

I thought AIW show was great. The 2nd half was really good. I think the wrestlers needed to step it up after the Donst stuff and I thought they did.

I didn't see anyone buying Dennis Stamp's stuff sadly. Candice LeRae was selling homemade cupcakes that were amazing though. Those sold out pretty quick.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Apparently there's another promotion that runs Kingsport, NWA Smoky Mountain. They've got TV (that's also on YouTube) and their production values are about a million times higher than SSW. They look more like NECW. Might be worth mining for content.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

DM Punk posted:

I didn't see anyone buying Dennis Stamp's stuff sadly. Candice LeRae was selling homemade cupcakes that were amazing though. Those sold out pretty quick.
I love when wrestlers sell oddball merch. April Hunter makes some bomb-rear end scented soy candles, Mistress Belmont sells hats that she crochets, Paige Turner's book sale looks fun. Solo Darling was offering "mystery bags" at WSU tonight inspired by the merch at various cons.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Luigi Thirty posted:

Apparently there's another promotion that runs Kingsport, NWA Smoky Mountain. They've got TV (that's also on YouTube) and their production values are about a million times higher than SSW. They look more like NECW. Might be worth mining for content.

ugh Kingsport is so local for me if anyone who lives there farts I can smell it please don't make me go there for shows you guys

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mob posted:

ugh Kingsport is so local for me if anyone who lives there farts I can smell it please don't make me go there for shows you guys
It's okay, i never went to a single Mountain State Wrestling show even though their production company was here in town and I could have gone to every show for free probably.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

in Southern States Wrestling news, The Washington Bullets worked the ROH show in Atlanta last night

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I've shown it before and it didn't really grab me, but with NECW running out it may end up on there. That or Talespin is on youtube so I might show Talespin. A libertarian hellscape where the oceans are prowled by air pirates and everyone is a talking animal is a worth successor to Cowboy Who?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

You want TV shows with bad acting, bad writing, and no production values and you refuse to show Babylon 5. :colbert:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Final card for PWG From out of Nowhere:

quote:

World Championship Title Match
Roderick Strong (Champion) vs. Trevor Lee (Challenger)

Tag Team Match
Monster Mafia (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Singles Match
Ricochet vs. Matt Sydal

Singles Match
Chris Hero vs. Drew Gulak

Tag Team Match
Beaver Boys (Alex Reynolds & John Silver) vs. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent?)

Singles Match
Cedric Alexander vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Singles Match
"Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Biff Busick

Singles Match
ACH vs. AR Fox

I don't know if they're making this a throwaway show since they've already started to promote the April show (with good reason). Anyway, Ricochet/Sydal should be bonkers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That whole card looks really drat good honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

sportsgenius86 posted:

That whole card looks really drat good honestly.

Losing a few ROH dudes has really mixed things up, but it still looks great!

Where is Brian Cage though :(

• Locked thread