Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was surprised at how much more fun this last beta was compared to the initial beta

also that they aren't immediately hitting people up for an extra $60 per box for maps that wont be out for a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they need to add some variant of daqing oil fields from bf2 but like, kansas oil fields or something

its my favorite map

also FuShe pass was a lot of fun

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Oh, for sure, Hardline does a ton of things right. No counter-knifing bullshit, a much more interesting and tactically useful array of grenades instead of just hoping for one-shot-kill pickups (even BF:H smoke's better).

Well, to be fair, much like how smoke is useless outside of Metro and Locker, I really only saw smoke used on the bank heist on Hardline. It's just a really situational thing to carry compared to the frag, molotov, or even tear gas.

Edit: Road to Jalalabad or bust.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Dvsilverwing posted:

Well, to be fair, much like how smoke is useless outside of Metro and Locker, I really only saw smoke used on the bank heist on Hardline. It's just a really situational thing to carry compared to the frag, molotov, or even tear gas.

Edit: Road to Jalalabad or bust.

Maybe I'm a madman, but 8:70 Smoke FLIR every day. The smoke's better in Hardline and I'd totally be interested in having it in BF4. If you could smoke grenade your own tank with improved smoke to break locks, even better!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Eonwe posted:

they need to add some variant of daqing oil fields from bf2 but like, kansas oil fields or something

It could use a suburb map with full levolution, like that part in the MW2 campaign except being able to level all the McMansions.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
I'm really looking forward to new heist and hotwire maps. There will be shenanigans!

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUawf2pWPvo

Game of the year.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Beta statistics.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/02/18/7-million-people-played-the-battlefield-hardline-beta

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/a-battlefield-hardline-reward-to-the-battlefield-veterans

If you own BF:BC2, BF3, or BF4, you're eligible for a "veteran's pack" that contains an exclusive badge and two 200% boosts, one for objectives and one for teamplay.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/a-battlefield-hardline-reward-to-the-battlefield-veterans

If you own BF:BC2, BF3, or BF4, you're eligible for a "veteran's pack" that contains an exclusive badge and two 200% boosts, one for objectives and one for teamplay.

drat, would have rather seen a unique melee weapon or something. They should at least give you a pack for each of the previous games you own.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
ATTENTION FENCESITTERS!

CUMP WANTS YOU TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL MICROCENTER AND BUY THIS FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $29.99. OFFER IS IN STORE ONLY.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Where is that? 29.99$ is actually tempting.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.microcenter.com/site/stores/default.aspx

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TubeStank posted:

ATTENTION FENCESITTERS!

CUMP WANTS YOU TO GO TO YOUR LOCAL MICROCENTER AND BUY THIS FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $29.99. OFFER IS IN STORE ONLY.

I had a lot of fun in this last beta but was still on the fence for spending $60 on this. But for $30? That's an easy call. Thanks for the heads up!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
can a goon just like go there and buy up all the copies and then sell it back to us

there's no microcenters near me

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Well no micro center in my state.

Also at least you know already they said lol balance between the magnum rounds and the chest plate insert.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

can a goon just like go there and buy up all the copies and then sell it back to us

there's no microcenters near me

i will sell you a regular copy for $59.98

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it looks like they aren't selling the codes, but you literally have to go to the store on the 17th to pick up the codes for the game so RIP to that

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Eonwe posted:

it looks like they aren't selling the codes, but you literally have to go to the store on the 17th to pick up the codes for the game so RIP to that

It's been quite a long time since I actually bought a physical PC game. Are you able to redeem a CD key from a physical copy, and instead just download the game on Origin?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm guessing yes. I have a feeling its a situation where you preorder or pay the $30 up front, get a receipt, then on the 17th you go pick up the box w/code.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Out of curiosity, who here actually got a melee weapon from a battlepack during the beta? The last 3 or 4 days of the beta most of my money went towards silver battlepacks (because easy attachments for weapons I hadn't earned them for yet) and I got 4 or 5 character skins (all elite skins except one stealth skin) and like 10 or so car paints that immediately got sold back for their $5,000 value. However, I did not find a single melee weapon while I had people tell me they got one from a random bronze battlepack.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

Out of curiosity, who here actually got a melee weapon from a battlepack during the beta? The last 3 or 4 days of the beta most of my money went towards silver battlepacks (because easy attachments for weapons I hadn't earned them for yet) and I got 4 or 5 character skins (all elite skins except one stealth skin) and like 10 or so car paints that immediately got sold back for their $5,000 value. However, I did not find a single melee weapon while I had people tell me they got one from a random bronze battlepack.

I think melee weapons only come out of gold battlepacks.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
This is prolly a dumb question, but is beta progression gonna carry over to the full game?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Dvsilverwing posted:

I got one from a gold

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

quadrophrenic posted:

This is prolly a dumb question, but is beta progression gonna carry over to the full game?

No.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.
So the battlepack guns are Operator and Deluxe only.
https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/568185539016278016

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Zebrabutt posted:

So the battlepack guns are Operator and Deluxe only.
https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/568185539016278016

"Exclusive". For now, anyway. If they can charge extra for it after release for non-Deluxe players to buy they likely will.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea its probably like exclusive for a month

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
If someone scoops up extra copies from Microcenter I will be happy to buy one off this hypothetical person.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Icept posted:

If someone scoops up extra copies from Microcenter I will be happy to buy one off this hypothetical person.

I went to the microcenter in Fairfax VA cause it's 10 mins away from where I live. They could not sell it to me because it wasn't in their systems like they couldn't ring it up at all by webID or name or whatever. I guess their inventory hadn't been updated yet.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
God how much longer must these EA gods make us wait.... it feels like an eternity. Being forced to play H1Z1 and Evolved while I wait :(

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

quadrophrenic posted:

remember when that one lonely girl from the softball team stumbled into you in the parking lot after too many Smirnoff ices and your brittle legs crumbled under her weight and she landed with her crotch on ur face? im afraid that the progress that you made with the female race that night carries on about as much as the progress you made with ur soldier in this beta.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

afkmacro posted:

I went to the microcenter in Fairfax VA cause it's 10 mins away from where I live. They could not sell it to me because it wasn't in their systems like they couldn't ring it up at all by webID or name or whatever. I guess their inventory hadn't been updated yet.

Try pre-ordering it through their website and selecting your store as the pick up location. I as just able to add it to my cart on the website for your store. I would just write down or print your order number when you get the confirmation screen because it took like 24 hours for me to get a confirmation e-mail about my order or for it to show up in my order history.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

afkmacro posted:

Let me know when it is available so I don't waste a trip

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

nrr posted:

remember when that one lonely girl from the softball team stumbled into you in the parking lot after too many Smirnoff ices and your brittle legs crumbled under her weight and she landed with her crotch on ur face? im afraid that the progress that you made with the female race that night carries on about as much as the progress you made with ur soldier in this beta.

loving Epic. Hahah that was a good laugh :)

I wish they did carry over the beta. Going to suck to be leveling all that stuff back up.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

shankerz posted:

loving Epic. Hahah that was a good laugh :)

I wish they did carry over the beta. Going to suck to be leveling all that stuff back up.

Leveling felt really fast to me, maybe it was all the hotwire medals and ribbons but I hit 65 or so with something like 25 hours of gameplay.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Dvsilverwing posted:

Leveling felt really fast to me, maybe it was all the hotwire medals and ribbons but I hit 65 or so with something like 25 hours of gameplay.

Yeah I had maybe 6 hours in whole beta. That's a lot of time for me. With the xp bonus packs I hope to catch back up quick

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

shankerz posted:

Yeah I had maybe 6 hours in whole beta. That's a lot of time for me. With the xp bonus packs I hope to catch back up quick

If you activate the 25%'s, 50%'s, or even better 100%'s of the vehicle XP bonus thing and then just constantly spawn into the hotwired vehicles you get easy money and easy XP pretty fast.

Edit: Plus all the kills you get while in the car stacked on top of it.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

If you activate the 25%'s, 50%'s, or even better 100%'s of the vehicle XP bonus thing and then just constantly spawn into the hotwired vehicles you get easy money and easy XP pretty fast.

Edit: Plus all the kills you get while in the car stacked on top of it.

Calling it now, they will nerf the money and EXP gained from being in a car on Hotwire mode before the first month is over. If you want free money and EXP jump on it quick! :bandwagon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Inkel posted:

Try pre-ordering it through their website and selecting your store as the pick up location. I as just able to add it to my cart on the website for your store. I would just write down or print your order number when you get the confirmation screen because it took like 24 hours for me to get a confirmation e-mail about my order or for it to show up in my order history.

I'll try that, thanks!

neonbregna posted:

Let me know when it is available so I don't waste a trip

I will try what Inkel suggested and let you know, was going to do it today but jfc this snow is loving insane. Almost had two collisions on a 4 mile trip.

• Locked thread