Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
God drat, Blodin's uevo is just not fair.

Edit: Wish that Pandora got an extra skill lock resist though. I was hoping to use her as a Wednesday mythical lead.

Lumen fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

GIVE THIS MAN A loving CIGAR

God drat now I REALLY want a Blonia. Holy poo poo :stare:

Going to be fun to see what they do with LuBu. I'm guessing dark sub-color, Prong, Skill Bind, and another Row.

AND GOEMON IS COMING BACK TO THE SPOTLIGHT! He'll probably get an overload of orb enhance and something else.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 20, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Blodin's base ATK is really low though so even though he's got 3 prongs he's actually slightly weaker than Athena just in terms of prong damage output. But on top of everything else he has already? Christ.

That new promo Dragon girl looks pretty cool, wonder if we'll ever be able to get her over here.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
That Venus ult slots perfectly into my healer team. Surprised the evo requires Sandalphon and not Zeus-Olympios.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I'm going to spend 6 stones on twinlit stamina today and not get a single loving L Kali skillup. I hate this poo poo.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

GIVE THIS MAN A loving CIGAR

GODDAMN
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postal Parcel posted:

I would literally die(happy)

Welcome back husband of Skuld/Blonia/Blisis

I just died

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Blodin's base ATK is really low though so even though he's got 3 prongs he's actually slightly weaker than Athena just in terms of prong damage output. But on top of everything else he has already? Christ.

That new promo Dragon girl looks pretty cool, wonder if we'll ever be able to get her over here.

They did give him another 100 ATK with the ult too, not sure if you counted that as well.

So Blonia/Blodin/Blodin/Hermes/Bubblie (or thinking about using Creuse instead)/Blonia is sounding pretty awesome.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

two_step posted:

They did give him another 100 ATK with the ult too, not sure if you counted that as well.

Yeah I was going based on the screenshot. However I'm actually sort of wrong anyway, he's weaker without +eggs but stronger with them:

Base: 1291*(1.5^3) = 4357 vs 2101*(1.5^2) = 4727
Maxed: 1786*(1.5^3) = 6027 vs 2596*(1.5^2) = 5841

So yeah, Blodin is actually stronger than Athena now.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Well, he has an eyepatch and Athena does not. Therefore he's better and stronger!

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Beat Twinlits for the first time today, using a team of Lu Bu/DD Haku/Lilith (not ult)/Echidna/Cyclone Devil Dragon/Ronia. Levels 71/99/60/99/41/99.

F1: Made either a 4 or 5 combo with one dark match, it left two Mythlits and one green lit alive. Higher levels probably would have helped kill that last lit-instead it bound me one turn, I had no dark or red orbs, so it killed me the next turn. Spent a stone because I'd get it back anyway and definitely not because i accidently pressed continue nope no way. Killed the lit, stalled on the rest for skills, ended up killing the Mythlits one turn before Lilith was up

(Edit: 4 match leaves all the Mythlits alive)

F2: Waited one turn, Lilith the second
F3: Echidna, then took down each Dub-Mythlit individually. Stalled again. Then was the lovely part-waiting for one/no turns of binds before moving on. It got to where Tama had one HP, but there were no more non-damaging orbs on the board to clear for heal orbs (Ronia bind clear) so had to just sit and swap two orbs around forever until I got lucky enough that only one turn of binds overall was left
F4: Echidna, Lilith, Ronia. Lu Bu, Haku, CDD. Make rows both times, easy clear.

After the first floor, unless you get badly orb trolled on the Dub-Mythlits it was an easy clear. For the first floor, is there some easy way to figure out how many combos is needed to take out all but one or two the Mythlits? Or just trial/error?

Gonna try my Pandora team next (with Lu Bu instead of unawakened second Haku for an extra skill boost)

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 20, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Just noticed Pandora has Devil Subtype, way 2 break game gungho
Now I can use my team of Pandora/Lubu/Loki or Vamp/Haku/Hanzo(:sigh:) to its fullest extent

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

madstrike posted:

Well, he has an eyepatch and Athena does not. Therefore he's better and stronger!

Just give it a few months for them to announce Super Ultimate Beach Athena, then you'll see who the strongest really is. :arghfist::saddowns:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Just give it a few months for them to announce Super Ultimate Beach Athena, then you'll see who the strongest really is. :arghfist::saddowns:

It'll be the Boy's REM exclusive Beach Odin series.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Senran Kagura collab is where I get off this train :stonk:

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Does blue have a 3.5x leader? (Besides Skuld!)

Cause this it's starting to get crazy with TPAs : Blodin + U&Y + Karin + BlueValk :slick:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I rolled the godfest a few more times on my main last night before it went away, with very good results that don't at all excite me.

GZL - I know how good this is but I've been spoiled with 2 on my alt.
Light Dragon Swordsman - dupe. I'm going to evo this guy and feed him to the other for the awakening.
Hatsume - another good roll I'm not excited about. I've got this on my alt too and I don't use it. No team on either game.
Freyr - dupe. Both pulled this godfest. Both came out evo'd. Now I don't have to decide which Ult to make, but I need twice the red XP and Tamadra.
DKali - I did just pull a Ra. Guess I'll make L/L Ra and run DKali to cover Dark? No idea about the rest of the team. Maybe I'll just farm Devilits and she'll sit in the box?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
So out of curiosity if you can activate a row and a TPA on the same turn, do the damage bonuses stack with each other? So if you have a lot of stacked blue row awakenings and a Blodin, and do one row and one set of four, do they combine the damage boosts or is it just one of them?

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
I feel like Blodin's triple prong is going to be nuts on a U&Y team.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
They stack. I've used it to get chibi Lilith to do gobs of damage for my Ronia team.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Horus about to get a big buff from legendary awakenings? Look at how many he has

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Meiteron posted:

So out of curiosity if you can activate a row and a TPA on the same turn, do the damage bonuses stack with each other? So if you have a lot of stacked blue row awakenings and a Blodin, and do one row and one set of four, do they combine the damage boosts or is it just one of them?

Both damage bonuses will apply, yes.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Horus about to get a big buff from legendary awakenings? Look at how many he has

Those are apparently special awakenings that apply to the upcoming Roguelike dungeon. PDX lists them as:

- +10% HP to the card
- ATK stat up
- Resolve effect
- Self Skill Boost
- Time extension
- Increases RCV when matching 4 heal orbs
- Increases defense when matching heal orbs in a cross formation
- Enhanced orb boost. Increases damage when matching enhanced orbs (description says it needs to be exactly 5 orbs)
- Damage boost after reaching 6 combos
- Damage boost when matching 4 attributes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

Didn't they say that those new awakenings are universal? For the one dungeon that they're in, I mean.

Rlazgoth
Oct 10, 2003
I attack people at random.
Does this mean that you can put Resolve on any leader, therefore creating nigh-invincible teams when paired with auto-recovery while still maintaining spike damage (like the Horus in that picture)?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Roll update:Did one roll on last day of GF, got Rei Sirius.
Really happy for my healer teams, but why after the light insects!? GUNG-HO'd

Meiteron posted:

They both work together.
So it goes Prong Activation->Combo Count->Row Boost->LS
I think that's the order

e:

Rlazgoth posted:

Does this mean that you can put Resolve on any leader, therefore creating nigh-invincible teams when paired with auto-recovery while still maintaining spike damage (like the Horus in that picture)?

No. Resolve only works on the first hit that would kill you over a certain percentage. Most monsters kill strikes nowadays are multi-hit, upwards of 5. You'd either survive the first hit, get to 1hp, then die, or get hit to below 50/70% and die to the next hit.

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 20, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Depends on how meaty the Legendary Dungeons are. I don't see them squandering such a huge persistence mechanic for whales to go in on if it only applies to one dungeon.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Did they say anything about the new patch? Because stamina overflow can't be here soon enough, I have an absolute fuckload of monsters to level up & tamadra to gather.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

uXs posted:

Did they say anything about the new patch? Because stamina overflow can't be here soon enough, I have an absolute fuckload of monsters to level up & tamadra to gather.

Speaking of stamina overflow, I only have 70 stamina on JP and its loving great running a few supers and no wasting any stamina. It's a big EXP boost when you're so weak.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Can someone explain stamina overflow to a noob? Thanks.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Stamina overflow: Imagine that you have 120 total stamina and are grinding some SuperMetals, you do 2 runs and are left with 20 stamina. When you stone to refill the stamina and you get 120+20 (overflow). YAY! (NOW GO BUY MOAR STONES!!)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
How long until Andromeda Skillups? I'm wondering if I should start saving now or if a few more weeks is more likely.

jerkstore77 posted:

Can someone explain stamina overflow to a noob? Thanks.

Let's say you have 100/110 stamina.
If you use a stone now, you get 110/110 stamina, wasting 100 stamina. With overflow, it would become 210/110 stamina. It won't fill past that point until you get back down to below 110 stamina, but there's none that's been wasted.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Very sad about no 2nd skill bind block on Pandora, but happy for the Devil typing.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Kuros posted:

Very sad about no 2nd skill bind block on Pandora, but happy for the Devil typing.

On the bright side, Chester didn't become useless.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at that Odin and devil Pandora. This is more like a power jog.

Chiminey
Sep 12, 2011

So much new content. Those new Vritra and Indra ults are deceptively good, but easily overshadowed by the rest of this stuff.

Especially metal greymon over here.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

uXs posted:

On the bright side, Chester didn't become useless.

Maybe if I had a loving Chester.

The flaming lip
Oct 1, 2005
Likes shitty music

DaveWoo posted:

Oh, by the way, they also announced a new collab during the stream:

I will spend a billion dollars on this

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

two_step posted:

So Blonia/Blodin/Blodin/Hermes/Bubblie (or thinking about using Creuse instead)/Blonia is sounding pretty awesome.

Muse also works pretty well, plus fits the color and also has a TPA (as does Creuse, ofc).

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
Holy crap I want a Venus. 3 Light rows and a 5 turn CTW.

Indra finally gets a light row and becomes exciting. Suddenly I am happy that I have one. I wish he had gotten a different sub color but whatever. I hope that if they are giving a little buff to the RGB angels active skills that Raphael gets his fixed to something good or becomes bind immune or does something. He is a good mon hampered by a weak active.

ptp
Aug 27, 2010
Awoken Venus looks like an unbelievably good sub and may also be the final piece for a good light devil team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

ptp posted:

Awoken Venus looks like an unbelievably good sub and may also be the final piece for a good light devil team.

Yeah after that there is definitely a crazy whale light devil row team out there if on were to have some of the FoTS light devil orb changers and/or Gryps

• Locked thread