Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ExplodingSims posted:

This is by far the wrongest opinion is this thread, and possibly the whole subforum.
I live in Orlando, and pray for the day when I can finally leave this state.

He also loves and makes excuses for Chrysler. He is habitually wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Loves Chrysler and Florida eh?

Grandpa account spotted!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

more like he's his own grandpa spotted.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

zundfolge posted:

I think anyone who works on cars should have one along with a decent fuel pressure tester. I don't use mine that often but as diagnostic tools they're both pretty valuable.

Exactly. And a set of noid gauges (they are cheap). Leak down tester if you have a compressor as well (also cheap if you don't buy it off the tool truck).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

iwentdoodie posted:

Is it that cold? The humidity is making it feel warmer to me.

I wouldn't call it cold, but yeah, at least in the IE. I'm still in short sleeves though.
Unfortunately, my blood has thinned a lot since Minnesota and under 50s i start thinking it is kind of cold.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

I wouldn't call it cold, but yeah, at least in the IE. I'm still in short sleeves though.
Unfortunately, my blood has thinned a lot since Minnesota and under 50s i start thinking it is kind of cold.

I'm in/around Temecula and yeah it seems it's the same here.

However I'm wearing a hockey sweater and am most definitely cold.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Remember that patch I was designing?

Just bought my canvas on ebay.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I love socal. I'm in a bar watching the Blackhawks game, almost everyone who is in here is from Chicago.

It's 68* outside and everyone has a sweater on.

79* here, Tiki bar at work is packed :smug:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

79* here, Tiki bar at work is packed :smug:

Yeah but Florida smells like ballsweat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

It makes sense, the state is kind of America's dick.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Better than living around a bunch of fruits and nuts :)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Better than living around a bunch of fruits and nuts :)

I happen to like oranges and almonds.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Speaking of oranges, just went to a u-pick orange grove and filled up on pineapple oranges, best juice ever besides maybe blood oranges.

If you live in Cali or Florida and buy orange juice at the grocery store you're doing it wrong.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

iwentdoodie posted:

He also loves and makes excuses for Chrysler. He is habitually wrong.

Americans sure are angry that some other Americans don't buy the same brand of trucks that they do.

I don't live in Florida so the fact that it exists is pretty awesome for me.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Throatwarbler posted:

Americans sure are angry that some other Americans don't buy the same brand of trucks that they do.

Name several reasons why. I mean not living here is pretty awesome, but seriously why is it existing so great?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I forgot to mention that on Friday they told us our move in date is likely going to be pushed up from April 29th to March 26th. One less month of rent to pay this year!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fucknag posted:

Name several reasons why. I mean not living here is pretty awesome, but seriously why is it existing so great?

Means all the freaks and weirdos who would otherwise be dragging down our states are happily living in florida, away from us :ninja:

It's like the prison system, except the people in it self-select.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress painting interior (or exterior) doors.

And replacing the hardware with brushed nickel instead of early 90s brass.

Also gently caress anyone that painted over wallpaper that was put on unprimed sheet rock. Twice.

Tide fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 23, 2015

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

^ Yup, painting doors loving sucks, especially ones with windows in them.

Some of you may remember the friend I have whose Toyotiac Vibratrix had such a weak charging system that it couldn't drive with a dead battery, plus collapsed suspension on one from corner.

He remedied that situation by buying a second-gen Prius, and has subsequently both lost and won the used car lottery. Lost because it just threw P0A80, which literally means "replace HV battery". Won because the car is 7 years, 11 months old, and the HV battery is an emissions device covered under the 8yr/100k warranty.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Throatwarbler posted:

The gently caress do trucks have to do with anything that I said?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

Means all the freaks and weirdos who would otherwise be dragging down our states are happily living in florida, away from us :ninja:

It's like the prison system, except the people in it self-select.

See, this is why I love living on the coast, all the idiots are inland.

Then when they come to to stay at my beach resort I get to kick them out and blackball them. Lots of times they go away in cuffs, sometimes strapped to a gurney yelling at me as they are rolled into the crazy wagon. At least it keeps me entertained :v:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Remember that patch I was designing?

Just bought my canvas on ebay.

You're doing the Lord's work, man.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

See, this is why I love living on the coast, all the idiots are inland.

Then when they come to to stay at my beach resort I get to kick them out and blackball them. Lots of times they go away in cuffs, sometimes strapped to a gurney yelling at me as they are rolled into the crazy wagon. At least it keeps me entertained :v:

Nah, they're on the coast too. It just gets worse and more condensed inland.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well technically idiots are everywhere, but trust me, I deal with it every day in my line of work and I have many more problems with inland people that I do with the locals. We're heading into spring break now so we get all the idiots from all over the country, YAY for me.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

Some of you may remember the friend I have whose Toyotiac Vibratrix had such a weak charging system that it couldn't drive with a dead battery, plus collapsed suspension on one from corner.

He remedied that situation by buying a second-gen Prius, and has subsequently both lost and won the used car lottery. Lost because it just threw P0A80, which literally means "replace HV battery". Won because the car is 7 years, 11 months old, and the HV battery is an emissions device covered under the 8yr/100k warranty.

That's better odds then most lotteries. I wonder if it's suffering from the same buss bar corrosion that Camery a few weeks back was.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

Toyotiac Vibratrix

Is that some knid of new exotic sex toy for rev heads?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

the spyder posted:

That's better odds then most lotteries. I wonder if it's suffering from the same buss bar corrosion that Camery a few weeks back was.

Might be, but unless the dealer tries to gently caress him over, I won't have to pull the HV pack out and disassemble it to find out.

Cat Terrist posted:

Is that some knid of new exotic sex toy for rev heads?

Maybe if there was anything remotely sexy about an overweight Corolla.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Don't kinkshame me, mod.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Might be, but unless the dealer tries to gently caress him over, I won't have to pull the HV pack out and disassemble it to find out.

It did have one model that revved really high...

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Matrix XRS. Actually pretty fun to drive, has the same motor as the celica GTS I believe. 8k rpm redline and a 6-speed. They are pretty rare or I would probably buy a nice one to daily.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

PaintVagrant posted:

Matrix XRS. Actually pretty fun to drive, has the same motor as the celica GTS I believe. 8k rpm redline and a 6-speed. They are pretty rare or I would probably buy a nice one to daily.

The pontiac vibe GT is the same car and probably more common.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

nm posted:

The pontiac vibe GT is the same car and probably more common.

Ah, I didnt realize they package the Vibe GT with the 2ZZ-GE. Neat.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
The Pontiac version looks like poo poo solely because of the stupid rear window.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

mafoose posted:

The Pontiac version looks like poo poo solely because of the stupid rear window.

And all the stupid loving plastic Pontiac insisted on tacking onto the exterior of every car they made from 1990 until their demise.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
They did good on the 97-03 Grand Prixs of having small amounts of plastic trim, but then got back into lots of plastic hiding the buffet rolls again.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

some texas redneck posted:

How long until you get the new car, anyway?

No idea. It has a VIN, and is in D1 - parts assembled, production scheduled. It's "Hot tag" too so supposedly it'll get built before others. But beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

Rule 34.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

I discovered the other day basically anything that throws a CEL on my car has a 15 year / 150,000 mile warranty. Hell yeah.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_zero-emissions_vehicle

Das Volk posted:

No idea. It has a VIN, and is in D1 - parts assembled, production scheduled. It's "Hot tag" too so supposedly it'll get built before others. But beyond that your guess is as good as mine.
I haven't kept up with stuff here lately, you getting another viper or what?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You could say that. And he gets to hang on to the current one until the new one is built.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I was kind of hoping they'd turn it around fairly quickly so I could post a new thread, but they're taking their time. I'll probably take it to a track day if I don't see any changes in its status by the end of the month, might as well at this point since it's running well.

• Locked thread