Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Gaspy, I am a bulletproof nurse with a one shot governor modifier that activates when I shitpost enough. Please kill everyone.

This is a joke post

Interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Milky Moor posted:

I will not apologise for my actions as Armsmaster, however, I will admit some degree of culpability. My current goal is the complete and total annihilation of the Slaughterhouse Nine.

We're in the same position here as we were in the first Gaspy game - Milky knows so much about the source material that it's possible and likely that he's creating a character for himself out of nothing, here.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Milky is claiming to be Defiant/Armsmaster, the power-armored dude from the flavour text. For those who came in late, he's a super-engineer, like Iron Man. And like Tony Stark he is a narcissist whose ego writes cheques his brain can't cash. If his claim is accurate he is likely to be a tedious jerk who will push anyone under the bus for his own benefit, and claim 'greater' good.

Really weird day one claim.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

SKY COQ posted:

We're in the same position here as we were in the first Gaspy game - Milky knows so much about the source material that it's possible and likely that he's creating a character for himself out of nothing, here.

I am the greatest asset you have.

I do not make the same errors twice.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

thatbastardken posted:

Milky is claiming to be Defiant/Armsmaster, the power-armored dude from the flavour text. For those who came in late, he's a super-engineer, like Iron Man. And like Tony Stark he is a narcissist whose ego writes cheques his brain can't cash. If his claim is accurate he is likely to be a tedious jerk who will push anyone under the bus for his own benefit, and claim 'greater' good.

if it's a true claim, odds are good that he'll have bulletproof or something similar, right? so it may not be a dangerous claim to make because it can be backed up by a cop or similar

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Like previous mafia games, we should let Milky have his fun and if he survives past day 3 he is probably scum or planning something mysterious that we usually lynch him for.

:v:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Milky Moor posted:

I'm not taking you at your word. Prove yourself.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Afternoon all! I feel like maybe I should read this ebook now that I've read the flavour, I feel a bit lost.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Kat Delacour posted:

Afternoon all! I feel like maybe I should read this ebook now that I've read the flavour, I feel a bit lost.

I get put off by constant references to how dark it is because I'm kind of a big baby when it comes to that and dunno if I could stomach novel upon novel of it :(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

whats for dinner posted:

if it's a true claim, odds are good that he'll have bulletproof or something similar, right? so it may not be a dangerous claim to make because it can be backed up by a cop or similar

Or he's the Godfather, and he's hoping that claiming such a useful character will let him avoid Tirade's fate of just getting turbolynched for being Joe Hockey too hard.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

whats for dinner posted:

I get put off by constant references to how dark it is because I'm kind of a big baby when it comes to that and dunno if I could stomach novel upon novel of it :(

it didn't feel that dark to me, just not comic-booky.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Milky Moor posted:

This is the kind of poo poo I was saying when I was pretending to be scum, and I don't think you've got the chops to pull off my techniques.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Or he's the Godfather, and he's hoping that claiming such a useful character will let him avoid Tirade's fate of just getting turbolynched for being Joe Hockey too hard.

yeah, that's the other thing that I thought of immediately after I posted :negative:

I'm trying to think of ways that could be mitigated though, because maybe defiant's a flavour npc so there's no way it can be counter-claimed

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Once again, flavour spec is likely to be a bad idea.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

I am changed, improved.

SKY COQ posted:

I'm not taking you at your word. Prove yourself.

I will submit to whatever check you deem necessary if it allows us to exterminate the Nine. I am a

Bifauxnen posted:

Don't insult my intelligence. I am not one for subterfuge. And Jack Slash will not be able resist such a target.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

it didn't feel that dark to me, just not comic-booky.

oh, ok! I might start reading, this evening, then

Mills posted:

Once again, flavour spec is likely to be a bad idea.

probably :(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

Don't insult my intelligence. I am not one for subterfuge.

:lol:

Well at least you're putting some serious poo poo out there for D1, gotta give you that.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Is Jack Slash a narrative device representing the lynch/night kills or a player?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

I am changed, improved.

I will submit to whatever check you deem necessary if it allows us to exterminate the Nine. I am a

Don't insult my intelligence. I am not one for subterfuge. And Jack Slash will not be able resist such a target.

ehhhhhhhh.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Kat Delacour posted:

Is Jack Slash a narrative device representing the lynch/night kills or a player?

I'm thinking a player.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

could go either way.

I'd have thought Defiant would be a good option for the lynch flavour - the Halberd is a crazy destructive weapon, can cut just about anything.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The nanothorn disintegration field is my finest work, yes.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Other than being scum, you mean?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

TRAP SPRUNG

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

Other than being scum, you mean?

Please, tell us more.

##vote Gwynplaine

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Please, tell us more.

##vote Gwynplaine

I'm sure he meant to say Town.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Telling is the second part of the game.

The first half is wild accusations that makes people show their true colours.
The second half is being right about everything.

I think getting worried about a day one Gwyn accusation is pretty odd, tbh

Could be a double play, though. Or a Triple play. Either is likely with Milky.

Its worthy of note though, even if you ARE town, you're still a hazard to us. According to past experience at least.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

thatbastardken posted:

could go either way.

I'd have thought Defiant would be a good option for the lynch flavour - the Halberd is a crazy destructive weapon, can cut just about anything.

Wait, who's supposed to have the Halberd, Milky's character Defiant, or the Collin guy? Is Collin the one Milky referred to as his partner, who wasn't around?

tithin posted:

Defiant

The cyborg landed on the outskirts of the the location that could barely be described as a town.

"Dragon, this can't be right" he muttered into the microphone under his helmet "this seems an unremarkably small town for an organisation as big as Toybox to hole up and sell, even for a short period of time. "

"They are actually here, Collin. Toybox and the Nine both. I've already got you prepped - just fly down here and to the left. "

As he flew into seeming empty air, a light rippling effect passed over in front of him, and out of nowhere, a large group of people and buildings materialised a short distance in front of him.

"Collin, you might want to hurry - I'm sensing a bizarre power flux"

Jack

The look of terror on the receptionists face was pleasing, and as the sharp edge of his knife pierced her throat her scream caught in her throat as her blood sprayed haphazardly across the room. As she fell, her hand slammed down on a trigger and an alarm blared.

Silently, the world changed around them - it stretched, colour bleaching from the walls and around them as The Toybox shifted to a different plane of reality.

Defiant

Collin landed with a thud just as The Toybox shifted planes and glared at nothing in particular.

"Dragon, are you getting any of this?"

There was only radio static in reply

"On my own then"

He stepped forward, Halberd in his right hand and moved into the throng of panicked citizens of Toybox.

It is still Monday and my brain might not be turned on yet, but this made it sound like this Collin dude with the Halberd is supposed to be here in the Toybox, not Defiant.

And what's the Dragon stuff supposed to be about?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait, who's supposed to have the Halberd, Milky's character Defiant, or the Collin guy? Is Collin the one Milky referred to as his partner, who wasn't around?

It is still Monday and my brain might not be turned on yet, but this made it sound like this Collin dude with the Halberd is supposed to be here in the Toybox, not Defiant.

And what's the Dragon stuff supposed to be about?

Biiiiiiiiiif don't let Milky set the loving narrative. Come on, both scum bif and town bif agreed that what the games needed was newer, quieter people having more input, not letting long suffering savant Milky Moor tell everyone how to play.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Biiiiiiiiiif don't let Milky set the loving narrative. Come on, both scum bif and town bif agreed that what the games needed was newer, quieter people having more input, not letting long suffering savant Milky Moor tell everyone how to play.

Don't worry, I'm going to take it all with a grain of salt here, but if it's not even internally consistent we can probably nip it in the bud right?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Defiant is my cape identity. Dragon is my partner. Colin - one ell - is my name.

Disclosure of my name outside of this mission will result in punitive action. Consider it a token of my trust.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

Defiant is my cape identity. Dragon is my partner. Colin - one ell - is my name.

Disclosure of my name outside of this mission will result in punitive action. Consider it a token of my trust.

I can't fuckin follow this

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

I am not surprised. You are familiar with comic books? Superman is a cape identity. Clark Kent is his actual name.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

Fascinating.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Fascinating.

Intriguing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TBK or Coq, wanna verify the details? (anybody else who's read the books?)

Gaspy, I do agree with you that we gotta be real careful with how we handle this stuff, but since he is dumping all this out there, we should at least clarify what his story even is so we can better pick it apart.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

TBK or Coq, wanna verify the details? (anybody else who's read the books?)

Gaspy, I do agree with you that we gotta be real careful with how we handle this stuff, but since he is dumping all this out there, we should at least clarify what his story even is so we can better pick it apart.

I don't agree at all but do what you gotta do I guess. I'm going to apply my own methods where I can, I learnt my lesson HARD last game.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

Fascinating.

Asphyxious posted:

Intriguing.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Take your time, everything I've said is true. You can verify my allegiance tonight. I'm sure there's some sort of technology to do so here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Milky is accurate in his summation. That doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

Defiant::Iron Man::Colin::Tony Stark::

• Locked thread