Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

cucka posted:

Ahh, i thought i read about someone spamming the namek ball hunt for some reason. I wanna reroll my character, but I don't wanna lose my progress. can i use the dragon balls to pick a diff race?

I know you can redesign their looks but I don't know if that extends to choosing a different race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I was on the fence about this and then the OP informed me that Krillin can be my sensei :negative:

God dammit steam I am hemorrhaging 50bux at you.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Harlock posted:

The 6-7 Super Buus you fight no bueno.

Using SSJ1 Gokus soul really helped out on this one... It fills your Ki bar to full after every KO'd enemy.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Mr. Satan's training is actually pretty hard. Dude had me fight Goten and Trunks at the same time.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Did... Did Captain Ginyu just offer to take me out for icecream after the fight? :psyduck:

Has he always been this much of a chill boss?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So I was trying to get Super Vegeta from the PQ, and after I beat up full power Frieza, Vegeta went super, which was great. And then...Vegeta from the Buu saga showed up to help me fight him? :psyduck: I guess your master can come help you fight in parallel quests, but I thought it was hilarious that Vegeta showed up to help me beat...Vegeta.

Still didn't get the Super Vegeta skill though :negative:. I can't even go normal Super Saiyan. My roommate has had Super Saiyan since yesterday and it's killing me.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Did... Did Captain Ginyu just offer to take me out for icecream after the fight? :psyduck:

Why do you think his squad like him so much?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Xad posted:

So I was trying to get Super Vegeta from the PQ, and after I beat up full power Frieza, Vegeta went super, which was great. And then...Vegeta from the Buu saga showed up to help me fight him? :psyduck: I guess your master can come help you fight in parallel quests, but I thought it was hilarious that Vegeta showed up to help me beat...Vegeta.

Still didn't get the Super Vegeta skill though :negative:. I can't even go normal Super Saiyan. My roommate has had Super Saiyan since yesterday and it's killing me.

It took me a long, long, long time. Try Perfect Cell, go it solo, and try to complete it with the clock over 8:00.
You can buy SSJ 1 in Buu Saga, and Super Vegeta 2 isn't an Ultimate Finish unlock.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

texasmed posted:

edit 2 \/\/\/ : whoops, had the name wrong, it's Double Sunday (I'm terrible at remembering these names)

it doesn't help that theyr'e named weird poo poo like double sunday weekend vacation delete or whatever.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I unintentionally have like all my ki attacks as pink. Death Slicer, Galick Gun, Vacation Delete...

I already can't wait to make more CACs. I want to make an Android out of a Human (giving him finger lasers, discs, drains), make a Namek dude (mostly melee), make a Freeza guy. I also kind of want to make a Roshi Student and give him Cell's Perfect Kamehameha, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing that one... another Human, maybe.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 28, 2015

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Does anyone know if the developers have acknowledged the problem with the servers? I've looked on their facebook and twitter, but there's no news about it.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Man...the movies got WEIRD. Though, I'm glad I'm almost done with the story, so I can start creating more original Gokus.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Am I just obtuse or how do you change Mentors. Do I really have to luck out which one pops up while walking around, and if it's not the one (cause only 1 ever shows up) I have to reload the map? This is stupid.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I got to the mission where trunks is explaining how to get through a gate in a parallel quest but for some reason it isn't letting me go through the gate

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

What decides your character's aura color? Is it just a race thing?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

He loving rules.

Also why are there like no Friezas around, I expected them to be everywhere, those guys are drat near OP when played right.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Endorph posted:

I got to the mission where trunks is explaining how to get through a gate in a parallel quest but for some reason it isn't letting me go through the gate
You're probably not locked onto the gate. You have to lock onto it to be able to use it.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

I kept trying to fly through until I realized you have to target it and use your Ki button (B or Circle by default I think).

efb

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

I should've made him blue so I could have a true Pilaf

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dackel posted:

Am I just obtuse or how do you change Mentors. Do I really have to luck out which one pops up while walking around, and if it's not the one (cause only 1 ever shows up) I have to reload the map? This is stupid.

Yep, that's it. Some of them have other requirements to spawn, like so:

Android #18 – Complete the Androids Saga – Level 34 Required
Beerus/Bills – Complete Goku’s Training – Level 70 Required
Freeza/Frieza – Complete the Frieza Saga and complete Ginyu’s training – Level 20 Required
Captain Ginyu – Complete the first half of the Freeza Saga – Level 15 Required
Gohan and Videl – Complete the Buu Saga – Level 40 Required
Gotenks - Complete the Buu Saga – Level 40 Required
Kuririn/Krillin – Complete the first half of the Saiyan Saga – No Level Requirement
Mr. Satan/Hercule – Complete the first half of the Androids Saga (Cell Saga) – No level Requirement
Perfect Cell – Complete the first half of the Androids Saga (Cell Saga) – Level 30 Required
Piccolo – Complete the first half of the Saiyan Saga – Level 5 Required
Son Goku – Complete the Dιmigra Saga – Level 70 Required
Vegeta - Complete the Saiyan Saga – Level 8 Required

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
also some of the mentors randomly disappear. i spent 10 minutes running around toki town and couldn't find piccolo, but doing a mission or two made him reappear. it's not a great system and i honestly hate the hub world but the part where you put on sunglasses and punch dragon ball characters is good so it gets a pass.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

90% of the time, when I hit the "vanish" button, I vanish in place rather than vanishing and reappearing behind them. The tutorial makes no mention of holding a direction or anything else to manipulate this, only says "vanish to go behind them".

?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Paper Triangle posted:

also some of the mentors randomly disappear. i spent 10 minutes running around toki town and couldn't find piccolo, but doing a mission or two made him reappear. it's not a great system and i honestly hate the hub world but the part where you put on sunglasses and punch dragon ball characters is good so it gets a pass.

Don't forget to tune in next time, when we continue to try and connect to the Xenverse servers on DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Kind of a shame that the game kind of devolves into spamming ki supers towards the "endgame" since every boss just blocks poo poo they should absolutely not be able to block while you have a huge delay for your own blocks. Going toe to toe making strike specials and doing normal combos feel like a waste of time. Maybe I need to get kaioken x20 since I'm a filthy Namek? Every win condition in PQs are tied to speed and since only ki specials put a dent in the energy of enemies, I find that it's the only thing allowing me to be fast enough. Am I wrong in this?

It's garbage and makes me think the only thing viable is SSJ2 ki special spam. I don't care though, I'll try to play my way and look as badass as possible while doing so.

Athropos fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 28, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Literally just realised the game is called dragon ball z-noverse.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
If you want a fairly quick way to grind dragonballs do the first of the Ginyu Force fights. A Time Patroller will spawn right at the beginning so just retry if they don't show/don't give you a dragonball

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Literally just realised the game is called dragon ball z-noverse.

:psyboom:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dragon Ball Cross Victory

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Squallege posted:

If you want a fairly quick way to grind dragonballs do the first of the Ginyu Force fights. A Time Patroller will spawn right at the beginning so just retry if they don't show/don't give you a dragonball

I've been doing this, what kind of drop rates are you guys seeing? I just killed my 10th Patroller, only getting Material Items every time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I've been doing this, what kind of drop rates are you guys seeing? I just killed my 10th Patroller, only getting Material Items every time.

I got 3 balls in 30 minutes my first time grinding it and then 2 in 15 the second time. There's an earlier PQ someone else suggested but I found the droprate way way worse.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I got 3 balls in 30 minutes my first time grinding it and then 2 in 15 the second time. There's an earlier PQ someone else suggested but I found the droprate way way worse.

Drop rate seems to go lower for each Dragon Ball you get.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Do I need to finish the mission after getting one or can I suicide on the Ginyu Force after?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well I had fun with this game at first but it seems the difficulty/cheese spike is beyond cheap. Got to some 3 star fight from son Gohan to fight Freiza final form by myself. It's beyond cheap and angering to say the last. The few times I got Freiza down to almost defeated he cheaps out and does two of those gravity ball things back to back even with full stamina blocking them results in death every loving time.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
There are way easier places to to grind balls like PQ 2, or my face

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr E posted:

Do I need to finish the mission after getting one or can I suicide on the Ginyu Force after?

Gotta win

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Athropos posted:

Kind of a shame that the game kind of devolves into spamming ki supers towards the "endgame" since every boss just blocks poo poo they should absolutely not be able to block while you have a huge delay for your own blocks. Going toe to toe making strike specials and doing normal combos feel like a waste of time. Maybe I need to get kaioken x20 since I'm a filthy Namek? Every win condition in PQs are tied to speed and since only ki specials put a dent in the energy of enemies, I find that it's the only thing allowing me to be fast enough. Am I wrong in this?

It's garbage and makes me think the only thing viable is SSJ2 ki special spam. I don't care though, I'll try to play my way and look as badass as possible while doing so.
The AI in this game absolutely does not have the restrictions of a player. All AI can block forever without running out of stamina, they can spam evasion ultras forever, they can spam REGULAR ultras forever (once you beat the game and try and do Kid Trunks' PQ this will be extra hilarious). The AI in this game is absolutely unfair so yeah.

Really though if it wasn't this game would be comically easy, just dash into XXXXX-teleport combo, fire Ki Ultra when they're on the ground so it hits them when they wake up, gg.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I beat my first playthrough. Game is loving amazing. I absolutely love it. I got really screenshot happy at the end, but I won't bore you with all that. Here's my Mary Sue kickass human dude.

BFFs :)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

Z-Assists are when your mentor shows up to help you with your ultimate attack(Mentors only help with the ultimate they gave you, so vegeta-final flash, piccolo-special beam cannon, etc).
do you have to have them along on the mission? cause i trained with piccolo first and i've been using special beam cannon forever and not a single time have i seen this happen

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

There are way easier places to to grind balls like PQ 2, or my face

The fights in pq2 are easier but grinding in pq12 is faster since the Patroller fight is right off the bat. You find out if you're getting a ball way faster and have to spend less time in the mission each time you load it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cams posted:

do you have to have them along on the mission? cause i trained with piccolo first and i've been using special beam cannon forever and not a single time have i seen this happen

He has to also be your current master, no changing if you want to use it, which means the random vanishing masters makes this a very annoying system if you've unlocked a few masters you want to train under.

• Locked thread