Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Protip if you try to spam ki attacks against a frieza you will loving die horribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the characters keep calling my character 'guy' and 'he' even though she is a beautiful saiyan woman who dont need no man

it owns.

i guess 'guy' is sort of gender neutral but vegeta definitely called me a he

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

the characters keep calling my character 'guy' and 'he' even though she is a beautiful saiyan woman who dont need no man

it owns.

Vegeta doesn't know what a gender is

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Wow. The game is just flat out crashing sometimes when it tries to connect to the server. I really don't want to have to disconnect from the internet to play this goddamn game.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

heenato posted:

Wow. The game is just flat out crashing sometimes when it tries to connect to the server. I really don't want to have to disconnect from the internet to play this goddamn game.

Restart offline on steam

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Restart offline on steam
I don't really want to do that either.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Kild posted:

Is "I'm the strongest on Earth" only from PQ 5? Ran it like 10 times and haven't gotten it. :/ gently caress you Vegeta.

This only happens if you're 10 levels lower than they are.

Wait what is this true, is that why suddenly every bad guy i fight has super armor that's basicaly impossible to punch through?

So does that mean i need to be in the 40's already for the beginning of the Buu Saga?

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

ZenVulgarity posted:

Restart offline on steam

Yeah, I know this let's you play the game, but it's not an acceptable solution

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Yeah, I know this let's you play the game, but it's not an acceptable solution

Server trouble due to unseen demand happens in 99.999999999% of new releases though that completely go past their mark

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Server trouble due to unseen demand happens in 99.999999999% of new releases though that completely go past their mark

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Industry secret: It's not due to unseen demand, it's because they do not want to pay for servers they will not use in 1 week.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

ZenVulgarity posted:

No, I know that. I'm annoyed at the server trouble, but it's expected. I'm more annoyed that I can't find any news or acknowledgement that they're trying to fix it.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Jesus tap dancing Christ, this game just will NOT drop ball 7 for me this time around.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Endorph posted:

it owns.

With this, this and the many many typos in the subtitles, I'm going to guess that the localization was pushed through pretty quickly.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
i got to do a kamehameha with goku and all fools fell to my spamming super electric strike nonstop

game of the century :cool:

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Not a huge DBZ fan but I picked this up because someone compared it to Budokai which I absolutely loved on the PS2 and I'm really enjoying this so far. Kind of sucks that I can't make more than one custom character yet though. :(

This also made me start watching some Dragon Ball episodes yesterday and I'm actually liking it quite a bit, what am I doing with my life?

Could someone invite me to the steam group?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jatoskep

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Has anyone else seen a constant crash at a specific fight? My game dies everytime I try to do the third Cell saga fight.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Has anyone else seen a constant crash at a specific fight? My game dies everytime I try to do the third Cell saga fight.

Frieza's soul is linked to instability

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I liked that Yajirobe's one moment in the sun (cutting off Vegeta's tail) is written out because they didn't want to have to make a model for him. RIP.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Holy poo poo what is this green electricity ultimate I keep seeing and how do I get it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Are there any good, easily accessible Strike Ultimates? I have my Strike Super up much higher than my Ki Super because Meteor Crash is my bread and butter but I'm still using Recoome Fighting Bomber and Weekend as my Ults. I have the Unrelenting Barrage but it's kinda unaimable and garbage.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Firstborn posted:

I really want Chain Destructo Disc, and I imagine it involves recruiting Krillin and then killing Freeza... but I never want to play this PQ again.

You can buy that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ometeotl posted:

With this, this and the many many typos in the subtitles, I'm going to guess that the localization was pushed through pretty quickly.

There's a LOT of typos and mistakes. In the storymode, Goku says something along the lines of "We have to get my body back!" during a Captain Ginyu fight when you're clearly the one missing your body. There's also an instance of Trunk's voice actor saying a line where he's clearly not using the Trunks voice. It's pretty sad. A lot of this could have been fixed by a couple read-throughs of the lines.

But who gives a gently caress, this game is crazy awesome.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Do I ever get a third slot for an Ultimate? It shows up when I press R2-L2 but I can't put anything there.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mr E posted:

Do I ever get a third slot for an Ultimate? It shows up when I press R2-L2 but I can't put anything there.

Nope.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yo, can you use some of Janemba's crazy phase-shifting moves in this game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a way to make the AI go revive you? I failed Nappa's PQ because I got caught off-guard by Kaoiken X3 and then Nappa and Goku just floated in circles missing with ki blasts for five minutes straight.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kild posted:

Vegeta doesn't know what a gender is

Has it been verified that none of the DBZ Online transformations are in this besides SSJ?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Can you get Nappas city-killing finger bang move? Cuz I want that

I really wish I could play right now, but the Internet won't be set up at my new apartment til Tuesday :saddowns:

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Are yall just playing with steam offline since the servers are still down? You can't get achievements that way, right? I guess it doesn't matter much, but it might suck to miss out on some trigger and bug out the achievements once the servers come back.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

So how exactly do you use the dancing parapara move, and what is it supposed to do to your enemy? I assumed it would stun them, but I've been trying to use it and my enemies just ignore me and keep fighting my allies. I even tried getting really close to them and using it but it doesn't seem to do anything. I spent 40k zeni on it, too. :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

THE loving MOON posted:

I really wish I could play right now, but the Internet won't be set up at my new apartment til Tuesday :saddowns:

Have you thought about tethering with your phone? The game is only 10 gigs :v:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

texasmed posted:

Are yall just playing with steam offline since the servers are still down? You can't get achievements that way, right? I guess it doesn't matter much, but it might suck to miss out on some trigger and bug out the achievements once the servers come back.

I can't even do that, when I try to use online mode it tells me there's a connection error and closes :what:

edit: ehh, don't really want to waste the data

edit2: oh I already have it downloaded. I just cant play

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

texasmed posted:

I'm playing in a single lobby with steam online atm. It takes a few tries but I was able to get in that way at least. Still no multi lobby, though...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Yup. Spending all day erryday in Super Saiyan form spamming it. Called Giant Storm.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

New Leaf posted:

There's a LOT of typos and mistakes. In the storymode, Goku says something along the lines of "We have to get my body back!" during a Captain Ginyu fight when you're clearly the one missing your body. There's also an instance of Trunk's voice actor saying a line where he's clearly not using the Trunks voice. It's pretty sad. A lot of this could have been fixed by a couple read-throughs of the lines.

But who gives a gently caress, this game is crazy awesome.

Uhh no uhh that's just a, umm, TIME PARADOX. Yeah that's it.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

The Green Calx posted:

So how exactly do you use the dancing parapara move, and what is it supposed to do to your enemy? I assumed it would stun them, but I've been trying to use it and my enemies just ignore me and keep fighting my allies. I even tried getting really close to them and using it but it doesn't seem to do anything. I spent 40k zeni on it, too. :(

Okay, nevermind on this. I got it to work. It seems the trick is, as far as I can tell, you have to be really close to them, and they can't be attacking or using a move when you activate the skill.

:lol::lol:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Terper posted:

Yup. Spending all day erryday in Super Saiyan form spamming it. Called Giant Storm.

poo poo yeah, gotta hit up my man nappa

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

texasmed posted:

I'm getting achievements? I got several, for beating the game and getting the 4 star ball from memory, unless you're saying those don't sync up to your account when you reconnect. And if they don't.. who cares about my arbitrary Steam e-peen anyway? Nobody looks at that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The Green Calx posted:

Okay, nevermind on this. I got it to work. It seems the trick is, as far as I can tell, you have to be really close to them, and they can't be attacking or using a move when you activate the skill.

:lol::lol:

Somebody was saying that its really good on wakeup.

• Locked thread