Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Maleketh posted:

What is that lovely armor? :swoon:

It's a combination of armors. I don't mind sharing:
Elite Suit chest, Hero Suit pants, Elite Suit hands, Ultimate F Suit feet... and the colors I matched up to what I think is his skin and what is like a body suit and stuff.

There's two other suits I haven't bought yet, but probably will get tonight. I know one of them is Cyber Armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

Continuing my spergy analysis of this game, I found something that I absolutely cannot explain.

A few pages ago the idea was floated that the "skill class" you pick at character creation (strike, ki, or balanced) effects your stat spread. I can confirm it does not. HOWEVER, while testing this, I ran into something bananas.

Here are two level 15 female majins. The one on the left I put all her points into HP, the one on the right I didn't touch. It may be hard to tell, but on the one I put points into health, for SOME loving REASON, the indicators for STR and ATK shrink while the BLA indicator grows. I have no idea if it is just displaying it like this for some reason, if it actually has an effect on stats, if there are hidden advantages/disadvantages to putting points into certain things, no loving clue. I'd entertain the idea that it was related to the "skill class" thing but I did the same thing on a character who picked a different skill class and the same thing happens. I officially have no idea what is going on here.
It is important for me that someone help me figure this poo poo out so I'm putting it on this page.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

cams posted:

Continuing my spergy analysis of this game, I found something that I absolutely cannot explain.

A few pages ago the idea was floated that the "skill class" you pick at character creation (strike, ki, or balanced) effects your stat spread. I can confirm it does not. HOWEVER, while testing this, I ran into something bananas.

Here are two level 15 female majins. The one on the left I put all her points into HP, the one on the right I didn't touch. It may be hard to tell, but on the one I put points into health, for SOME loving REASON, the indicators for STR and ATK shrink while the BLA indicator grows. I have no idea if it is just displaying it like this for some reason, if it actually has an effect on stats, if there are hidden advantages/disadvantages to putting points into certain things, no loving clue. I'd entertain the idea that it was related to the "skill class" thing but I did the same thing on a character who picked a different skill class and the same thing happens. I officially have no idea what is going on here.

your armor and zsouls should change it

those >>> and <<< actually mean things

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

your armor should change it
no armor. nothing different between the characters, i made them, ran the dragon ball broly mission, that's it. they are identical except the one on the left has points in HP.

come on man look at how spergy i am about this poo poo gimme some credit

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hmm no idea then

I know you can get as much as +25/-25 in a stat due to armor and z souls.

Level should be the only other part.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

cams posted:

no armor. nothing different between the characters, i made them, ran the dragon ball broly mission, that's it. they are identical except the one on the left has points in HP.

I don't think blast moved at all. The graph thing is just weird. Your blast stat is where it is on the line. The shaded in area between stats is just "hey graph"

edit: I could be blind though. I just can't tell a difference on the two blast stats.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

cams posted:

It is important for me that someone help me figure this poo poo out so I'm putting it on this page.

Honestly it's probably a display thing, where it's a "rounded" pixel on the chart due to the shifting angle of the diagonal line to HEA. The stats are likely the same -- see what happens when instead of putting 15 points into HEA you put something more noticeable like 50.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I think the stats for everything except health look the same, though? I'd overlay the pictures and see what turns up, but your stats look identical except for Health, maybe you just have trouble reading the lovely graph by eye. Blast looks a little bigger, but I don't know, maybe that's just how the graph is charted.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
There's a really stupid thing I hope can be changed with a MOD or maybe in the sequel, but I'd like to be able to change the color of my character's aura and Ki shots. Just a simple little cosmetic change, but let me make my guy more unique.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Firstborn posted:

I think the stats for everything except health look the same, though? I'd overlay the pictures and see what turns up, but your stats look identical except for Health, maybe you just have trouble reading the lovely graph by eye.

Nah, the line between Blast and Strike is clearly angled differently in the two pictures, something's happening but who knows what exactly.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If you're taking requests, can you measure the difference in buff duration between Male Saiyan and the other races, for different buffs (since they have differing base durations). I'm wondering how much extra it is and if it's a flat extra few seconds or a %-based increase.

Also wondering exactly how much of a defense buff a full-stamina Majin gets.

I can give that a try later sure.

Also man Frieza people can look cool as poo poo, here is my new duder.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Did you make the heights of the 2 characters different? maybe that has something to do with stat spread

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Honestly it's probably a display thing, where it's a "rounded" pixel on the chart due to the shifting angle of the diagonal line to HEA. The stats are likely the same -- see what happens when instead of putting 15 points into HEA you put something more noticeable like 50.

Seconding this theory. It's likely something regarding how the game displays points on the charts rather than it reducing your statistics.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cams posted:

I think those graphs are just a really bad indicator.

They need to tell us more.

CzarChasm posted:

There's a really stupid thing I hope can be changed with a MOD or maybe in the sequel, but I'd like to be able to change the color of my character's aura and Ki shots. Just a simple little cosmetic change, but let me make my guy more unique.

At first I thought it was based on your shirt main color, but nope :smith: I agree entirely, that's a simple palette swap.

But then again I think Freezers should have multiple forms.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

I think those graphs are just a really bad indicator.

They need to tell us more.

Japan, or at least the Japanese anime and video games industries, is obsessed with those kinds of graphs. I have no idea why. They are so loving vague.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Firstborn posted:

I think the stats for everything except health look the same, though? I'd overlay the pictures and see what turns up, but your stats look identical except for Health, maybe you just have trouble reading the lovely graph by eye. Blast looks a little bigger, but I don't know, maybe that's just how the graph is charted.

havenwaters posted:

I don't think blast moved at all. The graph thing is just weird. Your blast stat is where it is on the line. The shaded in area between stats is just "hey graph"

edit: I could be blind though. I just can't tell a difference on the two blast stats.
It's really hard to tell from those images, so here's a gif.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

This is what I think (and hope) it is. Though for the record, it was 42 points put into health. Level 15 = 42 points.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cams posted:

ATK and STR are definitely both being tugged towards HEA, but the question is are the stats really changing or is that just the lovely graph? We have no idea.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

cams posted:

Here's a better look of it

The blue part on top is the graph from the left. The blue from the bottom is the graph from the right. The black is overlap

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
If you want to go hog wild on the spergin', I'd now take those two characters and use your scouter to view just how much damage some simple stuff does to different characters. Just go use like max charge Kamehameha and min charge Kamehameha and see if there's a difference.

Maybe your stats scale in some small way for every stat you add, like for every 5 of anything you get .02 everything so that you cannot completely gently caress yourself.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The Green Calx posted:

Here's a better look of it

The blue part on top is the graph from the left. The blue from the bottom is the graph from the right. The black is overlap

Yeah its way more than a single pixel.

Its either a bad display bug on the chart code, or the chart is just useless by design. Either way we need some real stats and explanation.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

cams posted:

Yeah this legit looks like the result of something where like, the diagonal lines only exist in 10 degree increments or something and it just rounds the actual numbers to the graph to make it work.

In any case it's super small and I wouldn't worry about it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Looking at the .gif the two characters have different height. Maybe that is the cause?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Yeah this legit looks like the result of something where like, the diagonal lines only exist in 10 degree increments or something and it just rounds the actual numbers to the graph to make it work.

There's no logical reason that's how it has to be, though. Why would the diagonals have to exist in 10 degree increments?

Again:

Zaphod42 posted:

Its either a bad display bug on the chart code, or the chart is just useless by design. Either way we need some real stats and explanation.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah its way more than a single pixel.

I think this is the real issue. The graph is just lovely and we should have numbers instead.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Rurea posted:

Looking at the .gif the two characters have different height. Maybe that is the cause?

They do look like different heights..

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Rurea posted:

Oh that totally is it.

cams posted:

Not :spergin: enough apparently.

Height and weight both effect your speed and attack and other things.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rurea posted:

This is what I was thinking. Height/weight definitely impacts your stats, movement speed, etc. If they're different heights or weights then that could be it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Does height/weight affect attack speed or just move speed?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The taller character is less physically strong, though.
E: Nevermind, I'm dumb.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think the sharper angles of the one stat graph is making it look different to compensate.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Firstborn posted:

The taller character is less physically strong, though.
E: Nevermind, I'm dumb.
I was about to say, it was the opposite. The shorter one has better basics and strikes, the taller one has better ki supers.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I guess they gave the taller characters lower stats to make up for their greater reach.

Prepare to see ranked battles populated with extremely powerful midgets.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The overlap says that the blue part on top is from the smaller one (more Blast), and the blue part on the bottom is from the taller one (more ATK and STR).

gently caress, I have it backwards again.

I think we'd also need to determine the weight. Is the tall one skinny?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

okay yeah i had no loving idea that height and weight mattered for character stats... that is loving bananas. gonna go run it on identical height/weight ones to confirm

edit: yeah good call. thanks for solving that, that drove me crazy.

so, taller = better ki, shorter = better strikes, thinner = more hp (huh?), fatter = better basic atk

cams fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 3, 2015

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
I really wish the PS4 servers were more stable, because whenever they hold up for more than five minutes, people start posing like cool guys:

And look who I found trying to hide from the crowds:

Dragonball: Xenoverse -- Celebrity Sighting Simulator

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Kylra posted:

Does height/weight affect attack speed or just move speed?

Attack speed is never affected. Short/Tall is Move Speed vs. Health, and Light/Heavy is Blast vs. Attack & Strike.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

so, taller = better ki, shorter = better strikes, thinner = more hp (huh?), fatter = better basic atk

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Attack speed is never affected. Short/Tall is Move Speed vs. Health, and Light/Heavy is Blast vs. Attack & Strike.
oh hrm. gonna test more.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

I wish we could get some more info about how they're fixing the server issues. We're more than a week out now and the servers are still just as bad as they were on day 1. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

What are you talking about, Death Beam is incredible! It's basically the only super fast enough to follow up a knockback (even an air to ground one) without giving them the chance to dodge away AND can be used to extend combos.

See I find that I like perfect shot a lot more for that, but to each their own. There's no wrong way to be a goku.

• Locked thread