Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
perfect dark had too much slowdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Perfect Bark the n64 dog simulator

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i never knew the dostoievski was not just a gun but a literary reference. how gay

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Big Beef City posted:

also lol if you played as anything other than 'Helicopter Pilot'
While he looked badass his headshot hitbox was like twice the size of the other characters, making him a poor choice. Oddjob is actually a poor choice in this regard too. Everyone always thought that he was a strategic choice because of a his smaller frame but his height also means that his head is in direct line of a standard shot. Where most people would take a body shot, Oddjob gets popped in the noggin.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I agree, Boris was the coolest.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yes, Siberian Special Forces was for sure the best character to pick

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
dogstoievsky

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Siberian special forces and the level with the helipad. Then you crouch with your screen facing the 2d woods that marked the border.

Impossible to find with radar off.

Win match as other players kill each other off since they can't find you.

gently caress you Kyle.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
if you have a gameshark there are utilities out there that let you generate your own cheat codes, and let you do stuff like customize goldeneye 64's multiplayer weapon loadouts. I made some sick custom ones with the Phantom and removed poo poo like the klobb and that tiny white russian pistol whose name escapes me now.

if you can get an n64 emulator running decently, there is a small modding community for goldeneye out there. People have made custom missions, some of which involve multiplayer levels like Basement.

oh yeah, another sick gameshark code for goldeneye is the one that letsy ou play the Cradle in multiplayer. If you play with more than 1 other person it lags like gently caress but its made for some good matches when me and a buddy tried it a few years ago. the map was set up with weapon placements and everything, they just didnt use it for whatever reason.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
baron samedi had wicked fast strafes

c pad supremacy :toot:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Arian_Samurai posted:

Yes, Siberian Special Forces was for sure the best character to pick

Forgot how cool that guy was. Jaws was my favorite, but did Baron Samadi's hat act like a taller head hit box or did bullets pass through it?

Also did anyone ever like Forsaken, that Descent knock off?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Junk posted:

if you have a gameshark there are utilities out there that let you generate your own cheat codes, and let you do stuff like customize goldeneye 64's multiplayer weapon loadouts. I made some sick custom ones with the Phantom and removed poo poo like the klobb and that tiny white russian pistol whose name escapes me now.

The DD44 was way better than the peewee7. :colbert:

quote:

oh yeah, another sick gameshark code for goldeneye is the one that letsy ou play the Cradle in multiplayer. If you play with more than 1 other person it lags like gently caress but its made for some good matches when me and a buddy tried it a few years ago. the map was set up with weapon placements and everything, they just didnt use it for whatever reason.

I think I found the reason.

Edit: Also chiming in to agree with being on the Siberian Special Forces crew

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Speleothing posted:

i hate both of those pea shooters.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Wicker Man posted:

Forgot how cool that guy was. Jaws was my favorite, but did Baron Samadi's hat act like a taller head hit box or did bullets pass through it?

hatshots were headshots

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
SLAPPERS ONLY :iamafag:

*plays oddjob*
*crouches*

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

did anyone else pronounce the ZGM as "ziggem"?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

Also did anyone ever like Forsaken, that Descent knock off?

It was a bad game and made me and my friends really sick. I hated it.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I liked the silver pp7. Thought it was sleek as poo poo

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

hatshots were headshots

Ahhh... so the hat was the source of his power, like some kind of Haitian Frosty!

Wait, was the Siberian Special ops the snow suit guy or the butt ugly guy in teal camo?

Jastiger posted:

It was a bad game and made me and my friends really sick. I hated it.

Yeah I kept trying to get into the multiplayer but it was too disorienting.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 10, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*watches other players' screens all the time*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

i used to do this so much i forgot what screen i was

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
friends and i tried to play wcw vs nwo nitro and all we could figure out was the taunt

so we spent all night taunting

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
You are not allowed to read this thread unless you are listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSp0Taa-Uk

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Speleothing posted:

That was my License to Kill weapon of choice. Feels so good popping around a corner POW POW POW....DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHH DUH DUH DUHHHHH *blood*

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

friends and i tried to play wcw vs nwo nitro and all we could figure out was the taunt

so we spent all night taunting

I think this was my favorite of the wrestling games due to the crazy custom characters you could make.

Sometimes you would get a hard hit in to make their face bleed (with a loud "crack!" when it happens) or you force them to surrender by pulling their arm out of it's socket.

Another one had this annoying lady fan who shouted in an annoying voice things like "KNOCK HIM OUT, BULLDOOOOOOG!!"

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

DD44 rules, PP7 drools

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Applewhite posted:

I mean, if you weren't capable of absolutely perfect screenwatching in a 1v1, why even bother? You need to read both halves simultaneously

3+ free-for-all was a lot harder to screenwatch everyone successfully, but you could get pretty good at it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Wicker Man posted:

You are not allowed to read this thread unless you are listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSp0Taa-Uk

I feel that Perfect Dark was a lot better than Goldeneye, but for some reason significantly less people had heard of it, at least in my circle of friends. The Datadyne levels at the start were awesomely tense, also the fact you could knock guys out.

Shooting a guy in the crotch in PD and having him say 'Whyy...me?' Was a great combination of :lol: and :smith: that I won't forget. You could even shoot guns out of people's hands!

Wow that game really did have everything.

e: the gun that you could turn into a mine was so awesome! You use all your ammo and throw an exploding loving gun at them! EAT IT CUNTS.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
I Never Screenlooked :fsmug:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
the enemy grunts in goldeneye were never out of order, and it always made me laugh when unloading rapidfire weaponry into a single guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Wgz5g3hMk

never trust an elf posted:

I Never Screenlooked :fsmug:

username post combo :golfclap:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Big Beef City posted:

also lol if you played as anything other than 'Helicopter Pilot'

:respek:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cool user name

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TheMostFrench posted:

I feel that Perfect Dark was a lot better than Goldeneye, but for some reason significantly less people had heard of it, at least in my circle of friends. The Datadyne levels at the start were awesomely tense, also the fact you could knock guys out.

Shooting a guy in the crotch in PD and having him say 'Whyy...me?' Was a great combination of :lol: and :smith: that I won't forget. You could even shoot guns out of people's hands!

Wow that game really did have everything.

e: the gun that you could turn into a mine was so awesome! You use all your ammo and throw an exploding loving gun at them! EAT IT CUNTS.

It came out way late in the N64s life but yeah, it owned, totally jammed with cool stuff. It's a real late nineties game in its attitude.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

It came out way late in the N64s life but yeah, it owned, totally jammed with cool stuff. It's a real late nineties game in its attitude.

yeah it came out late and it had bad slowdown

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wtb blast corps remake

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Wtb blast corps remake

great game, u just brought back some memories.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Blast corps was way too stressful to be fun imo.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

Blast corps was way too stressful to be fun imo.

i dont know why u were nominated for bad poster of the year. u seem ok to me but then again, they say u hate women. now i like women.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jastiger posted:

Wtb blast corps remake

rare of 2015 would completely fail to make a remake or sequel to blast corps that didn't suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Whirlwind Jones posted:

While he looked badass his headshot hitbox was like twice the size of the other characters, making him a poor choice. Oddjob is actually a poor choice in this regard too. Everyone always thought that he was a strategic choice because of a his smaller frame but his height also means that his head is in direct line of a standard shot. Where most people would take a body shot, Oddjob gets popped in the noggin.

Arctic Siberian special force soldier is the best strategic character. He has all shades of grey, all the levels have a lot of grey, thus he blends in really well with the map. I learned of this fact a few months ago and hope to exploit when i get a chance for multiplayer again.

Edit : Beaten many times for siberian soldier.

I like how the bond villains in multiplayer introduced my 9 years old self to the James Bonds lore and its classical movies. Anyone ever got stuck at the Dam's gate because you didn't know you could shoot a lock off because no other games ever did anything like that?

Hingehead fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 10, 2015

• Locked thread