Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You all should really get some good crowd-clearing skills because, well, some fights are about crowd-clearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Scatter Kamehameha saved me big in that Bardock fight. And then Frieza shows up and wrecks Bardock.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Why does nobody invest in health or stamina

I do, invested at least 50 in health on my Ki super spamming sayian chick. Gotta have some health or even a level one character could push your poo poo in.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mabels big day posted:

As a Kaioken Striker, I'm investing the gently caress out of Stamina.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I really wish weight didn't have such an effect - I'm not normally one to try and min-max this kind of game but a 33% cut to half of my modes of fighting hurts a lot, and basically makes respeccing a thin/heavy character feel kind of fruitless...

Yeah, I could just roll another character, but that's not the point.

Pureauthor posted:

No they don't.

Raditz's trosuers have those ring things.

Well, identical to the Turles trousers then :colbert:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Is there any Saiyan battle armor that can have its colors customized?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TaurusTorus posted:

Is there any Saiyan battle armor that can have its colors customized?

Doesn't seem to be. Pretty disappointing, since it would have been a good default clothing option for Saiyans, so they wouldn't just share their base outfit with Humans.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

If you are a Super Saiyan, Ki is your bloodline, and you should usually always focus on killing your enemy over having a ton of health as they don't scale favorably for survival.

If you only have access to Kaioken, Stamina is your lifeline.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

mabels big day posted:

There's strategy to not invest in it, because some skills/race bonuses require a full bar. Definitely don't invest Stamina as a Ki super saiyan because if and when you run out of ki, your stamina needs to fully refill.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Brother, is that you?!

I really love this game sometimes.

I have definitely seen you running around in the lobby. Small world xenoverse.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The glass cannon builds exist because with the correct skills and z souls you have more than enough health even at minimal investment to beat the hardest PQs in the game.

I mean, it's a terrible idea in PvP, but then so are tonnes of things, see: Kaioken.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A voice in my head whispers to me "Why are you wasting so much time trying to farm Nappa's gear? The stats aren't anything special and you have a whole bunch of nearly identical gear."

To which I reply "Shut up, ghost of Nappa. I'm too busy redoing the Saibamen's Revenge mission again to listen to you."

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tae posted:

There's strategy to not invest in it, because some skills/race bonuses require a full bar. Definitely don't invest Stamina as a Ki super saiyan because if and when you run out of ki, your stamina needs to fully refill.

You don't need your stamina refilled to go Super Saiyan. You only need 3 bars of Ki.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kild posted:

You don't need your stamina refilled to go Super Saiyan. You only need 3 bars of Ki.
But not being able to dash until 7 or 8 bars of Stamina fill up makes it really easy for them to avoid your poo poo.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805627-dragon-ball-xenoverse/71383524
This is a gamefaqs post where someone categorized supers and ultimates by color. I kind of love it. It's so you can make a character that only uses one color of ki attacks.

Also look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22hp-WBoTTc

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 11, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

But not being able to dash until 7 or 8 bars of Stamina fill up makes it really easy for them to avoid your poo poo.

It takes ~8 seconds to refill it regardless of the amount. :)

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Firstborn posted:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805627-dragon-ball-xenoverse/71383524
This is a gamefaqs post where someone categorized supers and ultimates by color. I kind of love it. It's so you can make a character that only uses one color of ki attacks.

That's great because I've been doing that with my ladybuu and her purple charge aura. Can't use anything that's not purple or pinkish enough to pass for purple.

Luckily, this allows me access to Ultra Fighting Bomber, so it works well.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Scatter Kamehameha really needs to be blue. Kamehamehas are supposed to be blue! It pissed me off as a kid when games had it as yellow too. It looks so...generic.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Every single time, every single time I think "Well, guess this will be last Quest for the session, I have other things to do," then and only then does it give the drop I've been trying to get the whole time.

I swear this game is actively mocking me.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

WickedHate posted:

Scatter Kamehameha really needs to be blue. Kamehamehas are supposed to be blue! It pissed me off as a kid when games had it as yellow too. It looks so...generic.

It was yellow in the show too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Bee posted:

It was yellow in the show too.

It wasn't called kamehameha, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

WickedHate posted:

At least it's better then Budokai 3 or half the DBZ games that just called everything a kamehameha.

I remember one of the buu's tossed a vanishing ball and it was called "teleporting kamehameha"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i don't like the blonde super saiyan hair, especially on my only Saiyan character, the Wii Fit Trainer.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

So someone earlier in the thread said that Vegeta will talk poo poo to you if you wear Turles' clothes. But I haven't gotten them/dont need them. What's he say?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

NomChompsky posted:

So someone earlier in the thread said that Vegeta will talk poo poo to you if you wear Turles' clothes. But I haven't gotten them/dont need them. What's he say?

He doesn't talk poo poo to you. His reaction is basically, "Turles? Who the heck is Turles?"

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

idk about Turles but when I wore Radditz's clothes and talked to him he laughed at me and told me they would make me weak

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's another for wearing Goku's outfit while training with Freeza.

I think Ginyu has one, too.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Frieza gets upset up at you if you wear Bardock's clothes, which I thought was kind of funny.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

At least it's better then Budokai 3 or half the DBZ games that just called everything a kamehameha.

I remember one of the buu's tossed a vanishing ball and it was called "teleporting kamehameha"

Wasn't this called Vanishing Kamehameha and actually involved him teleporting like, behind the person or something and using a Kamehameha? Or maybe he threw the ball, then teleported into the sky and blasted a Kamehameha at the ball while the opponent was trying to hold it back?

I feel like it was his Ultimate.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Blue Hurricane is seriously awesome but I still get hosed in the PQ kid Trunks gives you from the overworld even though I used it to beat Super Saiyan Bargain Sale. Echoing what was said earlier - if a Saiyan asks you a favor, run the gently caress away.

Also still having issues with Bardock, even with Blue Hurricane. I haven't picked up Taunt yet, has anyone tried it? Does it take aggro off Bardock in any meaningful way?

I want to unlock Bardock so I can take him and Krillin on missions together. It'll be strait-up awesome.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rei_ posted:

Cell's VA is amazing, he talks like a guy who's just a little TOO into his cat trying to talk like what he thinks his cat would sound like

I didn't understand what this meant at first but now I can't unhear it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've tried a million times for blue hurricane and i still havent gotten it

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

Wasn't this called Vanishing Kamehameha and actually involved him teleporting like, behind the person or something and using a Kamehameha? Or maybe he threw the ball, then teleported into the sky and blasted a Kamehameha at the ball while the opponent was trying to hold it back?

I feel like it was his Ultimate.

Not quite. Goku's own Warp Kamehameha is indeed that, he charges a Kamehameha, teleports behind the enemy then shoots it at close-distance. In the Budokai series, though, Kid Buu's finishing move is also named Warp Kamehameha but it has literally no warping, he starts by shooting a Super Vanishing Ball, and while the opponent is trying to hold it back, he follows it with a gigantic Kamehameha that swallows both the SVB and the opponent. I suspect that it's an error in the game and it wasn't meant to have that name, since it makes little sense.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I've gotten almost everything I want, but my Bag still has huge gaping holes in the complete Skills List.

What I really want is to get the rest of Bardock's Supers. I got Saiyan Spirit and Tyrant Lancer, but I want his Strike and that cool one-handed Ki lob.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

waka waka waka

e: just found this. clothing guide yessss
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403805311

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Firstborn posted:

Tyrant Lancer

Too bad he never got to actually lance a tyrant with that move. Bardock was space Yamcha, same as Radditz.

Though I guess he concievably could have invaded worlds that incidentally had tyrants he could have killed.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Xibanya posted:

Also still having issues with Bardock, even with Blue Hurricane. I haven't picked up Taunt yet, has anyone tried it? Does it take aggro off Bardock in any meaningful way?

I don't know about Taunt, but Hercule's Ultimate (which basically taunts everyone in lock-on range) carried me through that fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Too bad he never got to actually lance a tyrant with that move. Bardock was space Yamcha, same as Radditz.

Though I guess he concievably could have invaded worlds that incidentally had tyrants he could have killed.

Well at the end of his misadventures he had a minimum 100K power level so good for him I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
His moves are all stupidly named. I think the ki attack I'm trying to get is called like Riot Javelin or something. Tyrant Lancer is just a cool move where you move forward a little bit, and shoot a one-handed blue beam that knocks back. The beam travels fast and it looks cool but the start-up kind of sucks. I also don't see the point of an attack that moves you forward, but knocks the opponent back - it'd be better if it didn't so you can move into melee range.

I think his melee "I'm charging at you and my body is the projectile" is the best of those sorts.

• Locked thread