Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Why would it be called Einhander 2?

It should be called Zweihander. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Phantasium posted:

:stonk: If two hands were the default that means there would be a mode with three hands and therefor four guns. All the dakka :black101:

I told them I wanted a remake of FFVI and to make dreams happen.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Then I said they should let Yoshida make all the major decisions at SE HQ forever, and be made god-president for life.
Well, they're getting close. He just got a promotion! He's what would probably be the Japanese equivalent of Executive Producer/Director on the board of directors now.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It'd be great if someone in this thread was the $100 winner.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I also asked for Drakengard 4.

I also said Bravely Default was good- I kept playing it cringing, expecting it to take a bad turn, like a dog that has been kicked too many times, but it never really did.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I instead asked for more Ogre Battle games named after Queen songs.

waah posted:

My man. I basically begged for anything related to the Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre franchise.

I would kickstart the poo poo out of another game in the franchise.

Did the same, Ogre Battle Saga all the way :smith: :hf: :smith:

In the last part I just talked about how SE has all these great IPs like Ogre, Mana, and Chrono that really need attention.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ramc posted:

I also asked for Drakengard 4.

I also said Bravely Default was good- I kept playing it cringing, expecting it to take a bad turn, like a dog that has been kicked too many times, but it never really did.

Just bought bravery default. I'll show you its not good!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I asked for a remake of the first Saga game. I loved Final Fantasy Legend on the Gameboy. And for a release of Saga 2 and 3 here.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
I... actually asked for more GOOD Mana games. Seriously one of my favorite series and the last few entries were so, so bad.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I set the bar pretty low, I want a version of FF12 I can play on something other than a PS2. There are tons of things I would much rather have, but at this point in time I don't really have confidence in Square not screwing it up.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Elentor posted:

Will be posting the next chapter probably this weekend. We're near the end.

Also:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8L8WHJR

Apparently this is an official survey from Square-Enix. Your one chance to ask for a FFVII remake.

quote:

Which of these games are you currently playing:
Kim Kardashian: Hollywood

I'm not currently playing that, but I now know what's next on the wishlist of bad game gifts.

Also I want another Sleepy Dogs soooo bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I will reassure Square that Marche did nothing wrong.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I asked for Drakengard 4, and told Square to make Critical Mode in future Kingdom Hearts more like KH2, where it was awesome, and less like BBS and 3D, where it sucked.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Let's compromise and ask for an Ogre Battle Saga game written by Yoko Taro.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I should have asked for another Dragon Quest Monsters game...

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Let's face it, we were all wrong. What the world needs is another Ehrgeiz.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

I asked for Final Fantasy X-0. A prequel story to FFX starring Braska, Jehct, and Auron. Break the JRPG Protagonist stereotypes, Square Enix!

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Let's compromise and ask for an Ogre Battle Saga game written by Yoko Taro.

... sometimes you don't know you want something until somebody brings it up. gently caress, I wish I'd said that now.

I actually asked for a Valkyrie Profile game. Even the deeply, deeply flawed DS game is something I took a lot of joy in, so they'd have to try pretty hard to make something I hated. Granted maybe tri-Ace actually held the IP and not Enix (and thus Square Enix), but I strongly doubt that because tri-Ace were seriously in love with Valkyrie Profile and I can't imagine them going into mobile game zombie slave state (which happened) without trying to make another one.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I weeped when they listed the FPS genre as console shooters.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

geri_khan posted:

Nobody else wanted Vagrant Story 2? :(

Man I loved that game. Such atmosphere.
It was a fascinating game, and I loved it a lot.

But christ I cannot handle the crafting system.

I asked them to just put FFIX on steam because god dammit that game is so overlooked compared to the other Final Fantasies and if VII and VIII are on Steam why the hell not.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FinalGamer posted:

I asked them to just put FFIX on steam because god dammit that game is so overlooked compared to the other Final Fantasies and if VII and VIII are on Steam why the hell not.

Because 7 and 8 got PC ports but 9's never got finished :( Pretty sure they were planning it, though, because I swear I remember seeing it on those customer cards they put in their instruction manuals.

e: Nope, never did.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Yes, I think we need a LP of the Kim Kardashian game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FinalGamer posted:

It was a fascinating game, and I loved it a lot.

But christ I cannot handle the crafting system.

You just know if they do then Excalibur II will be an achievement. As will be something like impressing 100 nobles.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

ApplesandOranges posted:

You just know if they do then Excalibur II will be an achievement. As will be something like impressing 100 nobles.
I will impress so many goddamn nobles you would not BELIEVE, like the ending of Napoleon Dynamite you would not believe, just to get my achievement.

I just want to ride the kirkboat again...rally-ho :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Impressing a hundred nobles ain't poo poo. If they wanted to be dicks, they'd make an achievement for getting Jump Rope King, and that takes like an hour and a half without loving up. Considering the way they lazy-manned their "achievements" in FF7, though, the more realistic guess would be 1) learning all the active abilities for each character, 2) learning all abilities at once on every character, 3) beating Ozma and Hades, and 4) having 10,000,000 gil at once.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
We all should have written "Sell your IPs to someone who gives a poo poo about them."

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

KataraniSword posted:

I think that's already happened, two or three times. I know the "future" of the Ivalice games is cellphone microtransaction bullshit we'll never see in America, judging by Tactics S, so I wouldn't be surprised if Seiken Densetsu went the same way, especially after the series's last few showings. (Please don't talk to me about Heroes of Mana.)

Breath of Fire pisses me off. Granted, I've come to expect it from Crapcom. Also, if they DO release a FF7 remake, who wants to bet it'd be as bad as the Android Port of FF6? My god did that suck.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Phantasium posted:

EponymousMrYar posted:

:stonk: If two hands were the default that means there would be a mode with three hands and therefor four guns. All the dakka :black101:

I told them I wanted a remake of FFVI and to make dreams happen.

Stop making me want something that will never exist :smithicide:

Also

KirbyKhan posted:

Also I want another Sleepy Dogs soooo bad.

God this so much. Sleeping Dogs is just so, so good. One of my rare plats on the PS3.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

geri_khan posted:

Nobody else wanted Vagrant Story 2? :(

Man I loved that game. Such atmosphere.

Time to fill the survey again.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The White Dragon posted:

Impressing a hundred nobles ain't poo poo. If they wanted to be dicks, they'd make an achievement for getting Jump Rope King, and that takes like an hour and a half without loving up. Considering the way they lazy-manned their "achievements" in FF7, though, the more realistic guess would be 1) learning all the active abilities for each character, 2) learning all abilities at once on every character, 3) beating Ozma and Hades, and 4) having 10,000,000 gil at once.

Please don't make me get Hippaul to level 100 Square-Enix, my fingers can only take so much punishment.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
I, uh...I asked for a more fleshed out/better written version of Secret of Mana...To me that game is a classic, but it seems like with more work it could've been even better. (And considering it's background, it's obvious some stuff was likely cut from it.) ...a guy can dream, right? Honestly I'd just go for a 3DS remake, kinda like what FF4 got.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I just asked for no more Final Fantasy XIII ever.

In retrospect, I should've asked for nothing relating to Lightning again, but that'd mean no Dissidia and I love those games.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I would like a remake of Xenogears, but they might monkey paw it into Xenosaga 4.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

:aaaaa:

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I just asked for no more Final Fantasy XIII ever.

In retrospect, I should've asked for nothing relating to Lightning again, but that'd mean no Dissidia and I love those games.

QUESTION: "how would you describe Final Fantasy to a friend in one sentence?"

MY ANSWER: "A game series where apparently you're supposed to give a poo poo about Lightning."

I also enjoyed filling out the "why don't you want to buy FF13 on Steam :(" page.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
I didn't actually ask for them to make any specific sequels or games related to other franchises they've done before. Localization, yes, that's important, because holy poo poo there's a lot of games they've put out that stay in Japan.

No, my request was for Squeenix to stop riding Sakaguchi's frayed coattails and put out something new. Do something they haven't done before, that isn't a sequel (FFXIII-4: You Think We'd Be Done By Now) or a spiritual successor (Bravely Deflate: The Game That You Wish Ended 50 Hours Ago).

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

geri_khan posted:

MY ANSWER: "A game series where apparently you're supposed to give a poo poo about Lightning."

I also enjoyed filling out the "why don't you want to buy FF13 on Steam :(" page.

Yeah, it felt they were telling us, "but, but, XIII IS GREAT WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING IT?!"
I told them that I hate the gameplay and story.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The gameplay is passable but the characters and story (barring Sazh) are abysmal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I only played the original, and... Well, like others have said, I thought the gameplay was decent to good once you could really start playing around with compositions, but it took way too long to reach that point. And everything that needs to be said about how bad the story was has already been done to death over the years, so... Yeah.

Really, I can't help but wonder what it would've been like if they'd decided to go with Sazh as the lead, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

geri_khan posted:

I didn't get those questions. I just got a demographic survey.

• Locked thread