Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
Can you give more details on what it's like? I've read a lot about the campaign but there isn't much out there about the skirmish mode.

Edit: sorry delayed phone post. Re IA obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Taran_Wanderer posted:

That was my thought. Makes me wonder how big they'll be when they're released.
Someone on the FFG forums drew them based on the sizes in the rulebook.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Blamestorm posted:

Can you give more details on what it's like? I've read a lot about the campaign but there isn't much out there about the skirmish mode.

Edit: sorry delayed phone post. Re IA obviously

It is objective based. You score victory points for killed units and scored objectives. You get a hand of "command cards" that you can play that change the way the game works. Those, combined with the special rules on each unit, make for an incredibly tactical game.

The only thing that sucks is the setup. Takes awhile to build a map.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

FuSchnick posted:

Someone on the FFG forums drew them based on the sizes in the rulebook.

[picture]

Nice. My wallet cries, but nice.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Nice. My wallet cries, but nice.

It also seems like the standard point values for matches will have to increase from 300 by the time the ISDs come out. The Victory II is 85 points already by itself, at 300 that only leaves you room for two of those if you want to use a decent amount of upgrades and fighters. If we can assume that an ISD is 130-150 points, seems like 600 point matches or at least 450 would need to start happening if anyone wanted to field more than one. poo poo there could be a fuckload of Rebel ships on the table at 600 points.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Imagined posted:

It also seems like the standard point values for matches will have to increase from 300 by the time the ISDs come out. The Victory II is 85 points already by itself, at 300 that only leaves you room for two of those if you want to use a decent amount of upgrades and fighters. If we can assume that an ISD is 130-150 points, seems like 600 point matches or at least 450 would need to start happening if anyone wanted to field more than one. poo poo there could be a fuckload of Rebel ships on the table at 600 points.

Yeah. if we take the large ships as analogous to the large ships in X-Wing, there could just be a separate game mode for them. Still, I'd like it if we could use them in 300 point games too. I'm sure we'll see some cheaper Imperial ships at some point, like the Lancer or the new Raider, so an ISD plus one or two of those and then some TIEs would be a fun list. I'd be pretty happy with just using an ISD, a ton of upgrades, and a boatload of TIEs, too :)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, one ship lists might actually be viable even in 300 point lists depending on ship costs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Have they said when they're expecting to release the Imperial Assault character expansions?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Have they said when they're expecting to release the Imperial Assault character expansions?

On Amazon they're estimating delivery by the 24th.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This week. 3/20

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Thirsty Dog posted:

I don't want to curse it, but this seems like the natural successor to battlefleet Gothic. Does that seem fair?

Looking over the rules and having seen demo games, it's pretty much the same sort of feel; sail ship sort of maneuvering, lots of emphasis on positioning and such but Armada is a hell of a lot cleaner and simpler, rules-wise. Pick up and play simple.

More or less plays the same, just trade out a focus on ordnance via torpedoes with fighters. It also looks extremely re-tool friendly, so maybe we'll see some rules for other settings, fan or otherwise.

Anyone know how many degrees each click on the maneuver tool is, by the way?

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
Does anyone have a good pie in the sky buy list for armada? I've got 250 bucks to burn on it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MadWOPR posted:

Does anyone have a good pie in the sky buy list for armada? I've got 250 bucks to burn on it.

The starter plus one of each of the launch expansions is $199 from miniature market, seems like a good start? Makes 2x Victory, 1x Gladiator, 13x TIE squadron, 1x Assault Frigate, 2x Nebulon, 2x Corvette and 13 fighter squadron.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 17, 2015

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman

Gamerofthegame posted:

Anyone know how many degrees each click on the maneuver tool is, by the way?

I believe two clicks equals 45 degrees

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

The starter plus one of each of the launch expansions is $199 from miniature market, seems like a good start? Makes 2x Victory, 1x Gladiator, 13x TIE squadron, 1x Assault Frigate, 2x Nebulon, 2x Corvette and 13 fighter squadron.

if you had to fill in at least fifty more than that, where would you go from there? Dice is a must, but what else?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My distributor just got them in and they are on the way to my store now. will have them by Friday.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

MadWOPR posted:

if you had to fill in at least fifty more than that, where would you go from there? Dice is a must, but what else?

Probably another Gladiator or Corvette, depending on which side you'd want to focus on. Extra fighter packs might also be helpful so you can run more then three of anything besides TIE Fighters and X-Wings.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Twitter is blowing up about Impass and Armada. Wave 2 announced, along with a mini campaign for impass, boba fett, R2-D2 and C3P0. Phone posting, so no pics but check for @watchitplayed

alg
Mar 14, 2007

holy shitsters. ImpAss was their biggest launch ever. that mini expansion looks dope. so glad they are going big with it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg
Mar 14, 2007

quote:

Tom Vasel ‏@thedicetower
FFG has renewed Star Wars license for many years. Includes Episode 7.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Well let's hope that Episode 7 is good, then

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Hey look, there's the ISD, hopefully this game takes off!

Wildey
Nov 9, 2009
So who the hell is Kayn Somos?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Hey look, there's the ISD, hopefully this game takes off!

I didnt see this anywhere.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

LumberingTroll posted:

I didnt see this anywhere.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/138153-wave-2-announced/

sourced from various twitter feeds

prices here https://twitter.com/gamergallant/status/577931053589012480

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

I like that they're bringing the Imperial Raider into other product lines. Can't wait to get RPG stats for it too.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Thanks I missed that one.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well let's hope that Episode 7 is good, then

The movie may or may not be good, but it will almost definitely have some cool ship designs.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So the big important question: how do I convince my wife that I need to spend $200 every three months on little plastic spaceships?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Imagined posted:

So the big important question: how do I convince my wife that I need to spend $200 every three months on little plastic starships?

You don't tell her. :ssh:

:homebrew:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Imagined posted:

So the big important question: how do I convince my wife that I need to spend $200 every three months on little plastic spaceships?

AndyElusive posted:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON
So, with S&V fighters, I am guessing it's a hint there will be S&V capital ships correct? What could they be?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, with S&V fighters, I am guessing it's a hint there will be S&V capital ships correct? What could they be?

I assumed they would be "mercenaries" usable for either fleet. You can't have a fleet without caps, so that would be crappy if they aren't usable out of the box...

I can't really think of any big enough non aligned "scum" ships. The poor hapans aren't scum you dicks!!!!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I assumed they would be "mercenaries" usable for either fleet. You can't have a fleet without caps, so that would be crappy if they aren't usable out of the box...

I can't really think of any big enough non aligned "scum" ships. The poor hapans aren't scum you dicks!!!!

Maybe the Errant Venture?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maybe the Errant Venture?

A palette swapped ISD... not exactly the most exciting thing in the world :-/

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

I have a good wife. I asked her the same question and she said, "Will it make you happy?" I said, "Maybe," and she said, "Come on, you've got to sell it to me!" :getin:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

The ghost fleet ships from Dark Forces Rising? That fleet was found and run by smugglers, right?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Any of the Zann Consortium cap ships from Empire at war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Imagined posted:

I have a good wife. I asked her the same question and she said, "Will it make you happy?" I said, "Maybe," and she said, "Come on, you've got to sell it to me!" :getin:

Just tell her she can play as Imperial.