Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

What jobs give the most PTO (Paid Time Off)? I am 16 y/o and I need to know what to go to college for.

self employment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

I realize it's ridiculously unlikely, but it's not like Sony doesn't publish PC games right?

That one studio they had that released games on PC just got sold to the russian mafia so if there was any chance before theres none now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just save up for a loving PS4 if you want to play console games that arent made by Nintendo.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

What jobs give the most PTO (Paid Time Off)? I am 16 y/o and I need to know what to go to college for.

Drug dealer, play video games and answer your cellphone all day, never worry about PTO.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sammus posted:

Drug dealer, play video games and answer your cellphone all day, never worry about PTO.

What the -- !? And go to freakin' jail? Please don't say things like this.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

You're 16, you can only go to juvie, so it's cool.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

SLOSifl posted:

Hit me up for some co-op, my PSN name is the sound that a whale makes.

edit: Unlimited PTO checking in. Suckers.

High five, unlimited PTO buddy!

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

You'll go to jail only if you get caught.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
unlimited pto is a trap, if you take too much you get dinged, so people end up taking less. I'd rather a company just give 4-6 weeks off instead of unlimited.

edit: i work at home so i dont need to take pto to play bloodborne

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sammus posted:

my drug dealer never answers his cellphone

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

Only bad drug dealers get sent to jail. You'll be a good one. You'll be the best one! I believe in you, kid! You're gonna go places! Dingy, smelly, shady places in the back alleys!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Judge Clayjar posted:

He's too busy playing video games

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I get two weeks of PTO including sick time, so if I ever can't come into work for some reason, well... Goodbye vacation time!

Luckily my schedule has me off Tuesday anyway. :smug: Couldn't have planned it better. See you nerds at the werewolf hunt.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Judge Clayjar posted:

Time to find a new dealer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that they appear to have all guns using a universal ammo, with some guns taking more per shot. I was somewhat worried about micromanaging that.

Also, I'm playing a no-shield run of DS1 right now where I have sorcery in my off-hand, and a Uchigatana in my right as a way of doing a low-rent Bloodborne style gameplay. It's incredibly fun, and some parts have been challenging (and some parts have been easier).

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the tv in our house is going to be totally dedicated to bloodborne for like at least a week after it comes out, that's my rough estimate

i am sorry real housewives of __________, but there are monsters to kill.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlestonJew posted:

dang, first werewolves now Ganados, this game's gonna fuckin rule

loving called it, Bloodborne is Resident Souls. :getin:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
ITT, Americans salty about superior European employment system. :smug:

Although as of this week I work Fridays rather than Tuesdays so I now have to wait an extra 12 hours to play. :smith:

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

I'm seeing a lot of huge misconceptions about this game on other forums. People say it looks more linear and straightforward, or faster paced like a character-action game, and that makes it seem more accessible than Souls. I think a lot of people are going to get burned on this title. I don't even know where they are getting this information. People are saying flat out wrong things, like it's more traditional co-op makes it more appealing or that they like that it's less of an RPG. What articles are making people think this stuff?

LurkinGhost
Oct 9, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

loving called it, Bloodborne is Resident Souls. :getin:

That was too close! You were almost a Jill hunter sandwich!

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

poptart_fairy posted:

ITT, Americans salty about superior European employment system. :smug:

The Americans doing it are actually trying an advanced technique, the triangulated income brag. You can pretty much tell what sector somebody is in by how their time off works and IT drones are really loving smug and want to talk about it all the time but it's rude to just post salary or they haven't figured out their in yet. The euros and people saying they have bad PTO are being talked past.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

This games looks far too fun and pretty to pass up, so I guess I'll have to buy a PS4. I don't reckon there are any price drops in the near future? As much as I'm itching to hunt some beasts, I really don't have to play this one immediately.

Otherwise: anything else on the PS4 looking good? I'm incredibly disinterested in Final Fantasy or MGS, so is there anything else I could get to justify essentially dropping ~400€ on a single game?

Also: I read somewhere that you can see online elements like messengers and ghost players normally, but for actual multiplayer (invasions, co-op) you need a subscription. Is that true? It sure isn't gonna change the fact I will spend ridiculous amounts of money to play this, but I'm not to keen on a subscription I'm barely gonna use.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

This games looks far too fun and pretty to pass up, so I guess I'll have to buy a PS4. I don't reckon there are any price drops in the near future? As much as I'm itching to hunt some beasts, I really don't have to play this one immediately.

Otherwise: anything else on the PS4 looking good? I'm incredibly disinterested in Final Fantasy or MGS, so is there anything else I could get to justify essentially dropping ~400€ on a single game?

Also: I read somewhere that you can see online elements like messengers and ghost players normally, but for actual multiplayer (invasions, co-op) you need a subscription. Is that true? It sure isn't gonna change the fact I will spend ridiculous amounts of money to play this, but I'm not to keen on a subscription I'm barely gonna use.

PS+ is actually a super amazing subscription plan that pays for itself almost immediately. They give out free copies of recently released, actually valuable games that you see in stores and everything. Even if you're not too keen on it, they have a 14-day free trial that you can do whenever.

Other than that, in terms of PS4 exclusives, this is kinda the first important one. To be fair though, nearly every game this generation will effectively be a PS4 exclusive because of how horrible the alternative console is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Torquemadras posted:

PS+ is about $4/month so dont fret too much. :)

I would say now is the time to dive in - lots of devs are getting their initial big poo poo out. MKX is next month as well if you crave some fighting games. The Final Fantasys and Metal Gear game will be out later this year plus whatever else sneaks in. If you arent in a rush tho... like dont even care, E3 is just around the corner I think, no?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Torquemadras posted:

IIRC you need PS+ for the asynchronous multiplayer stuff as well. The only thing you don't need it for is downloading other people's Chalice Dungeon configs. You get a 14-day free trial of PS+ if you have never used it before, just check the PS+ section in the PS4 store. The PS+ paywall blows but if you end up really liking Bloodborne PVP then I suppose it will be worth it, it's not ridiculously expensive.

Other stuff you can look forward to: FF, MGSV, Uncharted... As Vinter says you can also wait for E3 and see what gets announced (God of War?).
Bloodborne really is a bit of a $400 game at this point but hopefully they'll start releasing some good stuff for the console soon. There's deals around to get some current games free- I think everyone gets TLOUR which is short but pretty good, otherwise I would recommend Alien: Isolation because it's a good game for a big screen, I really liked it. Shadow of Mordor is okay but once you get your flip-off-head skill you're basically invincible and it gets very repetitive. I didn't finish it.

e: v That too. I'll have to play Witcher3 on my PS4.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 18, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's worth getting a PS4 if you don't have the space or inclination for mid- to high-end PC gaming. Otherwise, wait on it.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

a harpy posted:

I'm seeing a lot of huge misconceptions about this game on other forums. People say it looks more linear and straightforward, or faster paced like a character-action game, and that makes it seem more accessible than Souls. I think a lot of people are going to get burned on this title. I don't even know where they are getting this information. People are saying flat out wrong things, like it's more traditional co-op makes it more appealing or that they like that it's less of an RPG. What articles are making people think this stuff?

I feel like people jumped to a lot of conclusions after the 18 minute IGN video. To me it looked like FROM tinkered with the AI health or something because the guy was mowing through enemies in a way I haven't seen in other videos. But a lot of people saw the IGN video. Dunno.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

I get the impression that the IGN video was pre-recorded by From to be very specific.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

a harpy posted:

I get the impression that the IGN video was pre-recorded by From to be very specific.

I'm banking on easy babby gaming journalist mode.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Seconding about PSN+ being worth it, and that a PS4 isn't quite the gaming dead end it looked. Other than a heavy dose of buyer's remorse on the first couple of days I've settled nicely and have got a ton of fun out of the free games I got with PSN+. :v:

Bloodborne is going to soak up an enormous amount of time either way, but it's certainly not going to be the £400 game I first feared.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I should have taken time off for this, but alas I'll play as much as I can in the night.

PSN is Seiferguy and I will probably not play this on any sort of performance enhancing drug.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oxxidation posted:

It's worth getting a PS4 if you don't have the space or inclination for mid- to high-end PC gaming. Otherwise, wait on it.

Did you forget which thread you're posting to?

Bloodborne will never be on PC. I'm a die-hard PC gamer, but if you want bloodborne, you're buying a PS4.

PS4's at least way better than the xbone.

a harpy posted:

Game journalism is the worst thing ever and people are dumb. :shrug: I wouldn't worry too much about the sheeple.

Souls games will sadly never see the popularity of Halo or Call of Duty. That's just how it is. But their following is still drat strong and growing, and that's good enough. That's great even. Too many good games get ruined trying to chase after CoD numbers.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Yeah each one keeps selling better and better, huh? I know this one won't meet huge numbers since it's exclusive to a new generation, but it looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best selling PS4 games so far. I just really want to share stuff I like with as many people as possible, and I'm worried the confusion might cause some backlash because people love to complain (I'm doing it now!)

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Also count me as one of those goofy jerks that bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne and ended up loving the system. My US PSN is pelvispinata and I'll be playing as soon as the game goes live, so feel free to add me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NattyBo posted:

I feel like people jumped to a lot of conclusions after the 18 minute IGN video. To me it looked like FROM tinkered with the AI health or something because the guy was mowing through enemies in a way I haven't seen in other videos. But a lot of people saw the IGN video. Dunno.

I think the core issue is that FROM is talking about this as a faster paced Dark Souls, where you have to be aggressive to get the most out of your fights. People are taking that as 'oh so I can just charge around hammering attack like when I play Bayonetta on easy mode!' and there's not a ton being done to really counter that aside from leakers saying 'no, it's not that, you need to be fast but smart or you're gonna get eaten a lot'.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I bought my PS4 for Persona and Bloodborne was a nice surprise. But seriously, there's tons to play on the thing. I've only had mine a bit over a week and I've finished The Last of Us and played a bunch of GTA and Valiant Hearts and have a pretty good list of stuff to buy.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

NattyBo posted:

Matches the way the game looks in all of the early streams going around.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

tower of druaga posted:

Matches the way the game looks in all of the early streams going around.

Hoping that Miyazaki wasn't joking about ng+ being brutal, so even if souls vets can blow through the first run the later play throughs kick some rear end

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

PS4s are awesome. It's my favorite console ever and I'm not even joking about that. Okay maybe the Dreamcast but. The fact that Bloodborne is a big exclusive really sold me on the console. Sony has a ton of problems but the fact that one of their biggest games is a blood dripping spooky slash fest full of wheelchair daddies and werewolves rules. No way Microsoft would ever do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LurkinGhost
Oct 9, 2014
Found something interesting on the fextralife wiki, I'm looking for any sort of confirmation on this and fextralife isn't always the most reliable source so take this with a grain of salt, about some covenants.

Giant Spider has a covenant. You can 'kidnap' / incapacitate other players during invasions to take them into a dungeon in your own world where you play the boss. Players must escape your dungeon and are unable to leave until defeating the area boss (you, or an AI boss if they return offline / disconnect to escape).

Again not sure its real, and if it is I'm not sure how exactly it will work, but this could be fun.

• Locked thread