Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I want a refund on my bribe for drawing surfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
those contest results are crazy. good job you two.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

:siren: SUPER 88 IS COMPLETE!! ANNOUNCING THE VICTOR :siren:

Skrybbles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOar_wP3zM 3:53
MrPeabody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_BxuWcUBY 3:12

An amazing matchup, but MrPeabody is the victor! A huge congrats to Peabody on victory! Words can't describe the fun of this event. We'll run it again for anniversary <3

Interesting, Skrybbles took 41 seconds to kill the 3 bosses leading to Doom and 1:45 overall. Peabody took 17 seconds to kill the 3 mini-bosses and 56 seconds overall. Without the 3 bosses this would've been such a close match and could've gone either way.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Lozareth posted:

Interesting, Skrybbles took 41 seconds to kill the 3 bosses leading to Doom and 1:45 overall. Peabody took 17 seconds to kill the 3 mini-bosses and 56 seconds overall. Without the 3 bosses this would've been such a close match and could've gone either way.

I blame gibcount and #kravengate for this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skrybbles don't encode videos while you're still making attempts!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Lozareth posted:

Yeah watching the videos SW loses a lot of time on the bosses. If she had an actual sig he would have won, but MK just melts those bosses.

Still really impressive.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Ghostlight posted:

Skrybbles don't encode videos while you're still making attempts!

I didn't think I would beat the time in the video that was encoding when I started that run, it was a late try on friday I think.

I would've had a 3:40ish time submitted from earlier today... but after I killed doom and stopped recording I noticed I was at 373/375 kills for the chests :(

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

HUMAN FISH posted:

I blame gibcount and #kravengate for this.

kravenghazi

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Blue Lion TattooVest

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ICR lied, people died.

There is an achievement to get ten cosmic heroes. 10 is between 9 and 11. Proof positive that ICR crashed planes into the World Trade Centre.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Eiffel On You posted:

An amazing matchup, but MrPeabody is the victor! A huge congrats to Peabody on victory! Words can't describe the fun of this event. We'll run it again for anniversary <3

False edit: Seriously though, this entire competition has been amazing. ICR, you own for all you did to make this happen - I am just sad Gaz hasn't officially recognised it in some way.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i refuse to recognize anyone who isn't skyrbbles as winner

so congrats skrybbles on your victory

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Eiffel On You posted:

Ansob, thanks as always for willing to help me when I need it. I knew ya before this game and I'm glad we're friends.

:thumbsup:

Congrats to Peabody for saving us all from people claiming SW is fine. Congrats to skrybbles for somehow making it this far.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Mr. Maggy posted:

i refuse to recognize anyone who isn't skyrbbles as winner

so congrats skrybbles on your victory

Yeah, really surprised that scarlet witch managed a upset like that. Congrats skrybbles.

edit: watched the videos again. mrPeabody gave a disgusting performance. Bosses did not even have a fair chance. That clip was a slap to the face of mr gaz.

Differo Cathedra fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 22, 2015

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Had a good night tonight; got Venom to 60, pulled Batroc boots out of my first Omega box, and got Gambit as Death through the costume blender. Now I just need 250 splinters (to actually get Gambit) and another Stash tab.

I also got the balloons on brutal effect from the fortune card Stan Lee gave me.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 22, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

a cock shaped fruit posted:

False edit: Seriously though, this entire competition has been amazing. ICR, you own for all you did to make this happen - I am just sad Gaz hasn't officially recognised it in some way.

They can't really do that when it's restricted to us. An open competition would be impossible, though.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Help I am cosmicing Psylocke what have I done someone save me SOS

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Eiffel On You posted:

According to Doomsaw today, he believes it will be a community vote.

Edit: You'll never want to do Man Ape again and Hyde again:

Re: cosmic midtown and ICP:

Cosmic mape has at least 10x more health, probably more. And that's when you're solo with him. Might be they change it (hopefully)

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 22, 2015

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Casual reminder, #marvelheroes on synirc is a good way to get in touch with people when you're not in game or on mumble.

I'm also looking for a couple volunteers to mod the channel.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
dont trust the irc illuminati

Musluk
May 23, 2011

lol irc

wonder if I'm still banned from synirc

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Couple more spoilers from dev talk yesterday:

Iron Fist will be an EPIC gameplay style.

Bullseye potentially could be playable.

Beast and Domino are supposedly the next 200 ES heroes, no ETA. (Also claims Mysterio is most likely next raid--needs more verification)

Playable Wasp or Nico Minoru "not until a future advance pack"

Omega cap increase and review of the system later in the year

"No comment" on how hard it was to design Howard the Duck

Bentlegiant wants to see Knowhere

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mysterio seems like a weird step down for a raid after Surtur and Red Onslaught.

Hoping Nico gets in for AP3.

trem
Sep 17, 2009
I really hope iron pajamas is fun

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Pyronic posted:

Casual reminder, #marvelheroes on synirc is a good way to get in touch with people when you're not in game or on mumble.

I'm also looking for a couple volunteers to mod the channel.

I'm in #marvelheroes and can tell that this is not true

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Oh man, would love the Warren Ellis Thunderbolts - Green Goblin, Moonstone, Bullseye, Songbird, Vernon.

Eh on Swordsman and Penance.

Bullseye is by no means ever a hero though (is he?)

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

Eiffel On You posted:

Nice!
Skrybbles, can you post a breakdown of gear for SW? She was my starter and would enjoy playing her again if I can make her manageable in cosmics

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

I whaled out and got the biggest G bundle.
What are the best boosts to stock up on?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Kowak posted:

I whaled out and got the biggest G bundle.
What are the best boosts to stock up on?

Winter boost or iBoost

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Best boost is where you pay a goldfarmer to get some omegas for you

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

Bullseye potentially could be playable.

Bullseye never misses

Things Bullseye has missed: Spider-Man, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Punisher, particularly quick-witted cops, certain birds, Boomerang

Playable Boomerang before Bullseye.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I want Bullseye's main spirit spender to just be throwing randomly any object model in the game

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Eiffel On You posted:

-Monday with the umpteen bazillion Midtown boxes dropping-
Is this a special event thing happening or has something changed to make those boxes super-good for powerlevelling? I have a yellow IM at 43 I need to work on.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 22, 2015

Musluk
May 23, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

Playable Boomerang before Bullseye.

This both ironically and unironically.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Musluk posted:

This both ironically and unironically.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Eiffel On You posted:

Playable Wasp or Nico Minoru "not until a future advance pack"

What the hell, won't even be 4 heroes left to choose between once they are done delaying all the good ones.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is that Superior Foes of Spider-Man?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

Is that Superior Foes of Spider-Man?

Yep. Loved that book, everything about it's great.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

ABombpk posted:

Nice!
Skrybbles, can you post a breakdown of gear for SW? She was my starter and would enjoy playing her again if I can make her manageable in cosmics

Sure:

ransome posted:

Like Lozareth above, I've changed gear/specs/omegas for every round as well. I had around 3500 omegas in round 1, I'm at 7500 now.

The biggest changes I made in each round was switching legendaries, runewords, and one artifact depending on what the round was. I have gungnir, mkraan, and a nullifier leveled, as well as god of mischief, bowazon, and river of the soul. I kept a Wizard medallion on until mandarin, where I put on a Dr. Octopus medal so my sweet vacuum ability and one of my two bindings would hit more dudes since they were so spread out. I've also swapped my Hand of Doom for a Hand of Nimrod on most long terminal runs.

The very first round I only had a gungnir leveled and RotS as a runeword, so I actually used a zig on that round because I couldn't keep up with the spirit costs (and sometimes still had problems with spirit in later rounds, even with a Zola, Nimrod, RotS, mkraan, and spirit restore omegas). I also only had a Darkhold for slot 1 and a shield belt for slot 3.

Buildwise, since the Kurse round I've had mostly the same spec, except for Mandarin. I tried chaos warp on the sinister round a couple times and I feel like while that is pretty much the ability that SW is known for in this game, it's pretty garbage compared to just dotting stuff with her bindings and teleporting on.

Since I've seen a lot of people playing SW lately:

I used to max reality implosion instead of her teleport(and I max both in the other build below), but with teleporting so much to keep midtown buff up, I like this better for rounds where I have to kill bosses.

This is what I used for mandarin, and would probably try on some of the earlier terminal rounds now that my ult is max. I could kill mandarin with just my ult and maybe one of the bindings so I didn't really have a need to take chaotic hex, so I put the points into her vacuum so it'd be easier to kill trash in one cast.

This is what I use when spirit isn't an issue. Wizard Medal and GoM. I'm using Firestar as a teamup for the -3% cost and her procs scale pretty well(the meteor hits for over 1.1 mil for me). Without the crit buff I'm currently at like ~51% crit and 61% brutal w/ around 10.6k crit damage and 24k brutal damage. My 3 fighting pet doesn't have the 10% brutal damage for purple at the moment. I change omegas a lot so I'm not going to go into that yet.

When I prestiged green-cosmic I pretty much just used her bindings and teleport to do everything. I had an mkraan equipped for it, and it went pretty quickly.

If you are wanting to do the chest bounties in cosmic terminals, or think you might want to prestige her, I would recommend a M'kraan for legendary. Also for bounties, Hand of Nimrod/Lizard Formula in place of the Hand of Doom, and River of the Soul instead of other runewords. If you're just boss rushing then I would go with a Gungnir and the gear in my picture above.

I really wanted to make a Claws of the Sister for her to help with her spirit issues and maybe free up some of the above gear but I didn't get one until the Muspelheim round and didn't bother equipping it by that point in the contest. I would've used a Coat of the Skull in slot 3 if I had one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

blahblahblah i did great with less than stellar gear blahblahblah

That's all I see there.

• Locked thread