Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Waltzing Along posted:

The best game of the past 10 years is currently only playable on a PS3. It should be out on PS4 soon.

No plans to ever port it to PC, which is unfortunate. It's such a landmark achievement it really should be shared across all platforms but Sony doesn't seem to understand this.

GTA5 is on all consoles and is coming to Windows computers next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dark Souls and GTA do not hold a candle to Journey.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dark Souls and GTAV both overrated.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Dark Souls and GTA do not hold a candle to Journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

dark souls is already on PC

And Dark Souls 2. Also both games are overrated garbage.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Dick Fagballzson posted:

And Dark Souls 2. Also both games are overrated garbage.

-someone who couldn't get past the first boss

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Cole posted:

-someone who couldn't get past the first boss

lol

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I beat the first boss on the first try. It was actually the lousy graphics and lack of a story that put me off. The standards of quality are very low on the consoles if people consider that good.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I beat the first boss on the first try. It was actually the lousy graphics and lack of a story that put me off.

-someone who has to have context deliberately spelled out for him instead of figuring out the story on his own (aka an idiot)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

lol if youre so poor you don't have a console and a computer

And a handful of tablets. Get out of your parent's basement and get a job, goon.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I beat the first boss on the first try. It was actually the lousy graphics and lack of a story that put me off. The standards of quality are very low on the consoles if people consider that good.

i still can't tell if you are for real or not

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I guess it was inevitable that the sperglord autists would devolve this wonderful conversation into Dark Souls.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They recycle too much poo poo, are not as balanced as people make them out to be, and yes, are fairly fugly.
It was good when you played Demon's Souls but now it's just tired as gently caress.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
dark souls was very badly ported to pc though

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The best thing about Dark Souls is when you hear someone going on about how great it is you know you can ignore every single thing that person ever says and be a better person for it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

I guess it was inevitable that the sperglord autists would devolve this wonderful conversation into Dark Souls.

honestly surprised I was the first one to bring it up

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i still can't tell if you are for real or not

100% real. Also why is the movement so clunky? It feels like playing with boxing gloves on.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm lollin at all the losers who don't own a Wii U. Have fun playing Bayonetta 2 on PC.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

100% real. Also why is the movement so clunky? It feels like playing with boxing gloves on.

the movement is deliberate *farts in own face*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Dick Fagballzson posted:

you need to stop being so mad a consoles. it can't be good for your heart

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Bayonetta 2 came out on Wii U so really this thread is pointless.

Twitch posted:

I'm lollin at all the losers who don't own a Wii U. Have fun playing Bayonetta 2 on PC.

aww yeah :cool:

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 22, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

The best thing about Dark Souls is when you hear someone going on about how great it is you know you can ignore every single thing that person ever says and be a better person for it.

it's a good game and i had a lot of fun playing it, but anyone who talks about it outside of a videogame conversation can be ignored

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Verisimilidude posted:

Bayonetta 2 came out on Wii U so really this thread is pointless.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I like playing baseball video games and Bloodborne looks cool, so I bought a PS4.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Dick Fagballzson posted:

You have spent most of the day arguing in a GBS thread over consoles vs. computers and why you hate consoles so much

It is March 22, 2015 and on this day in history, the man behind the name "Dick Fagbsllzson" spent most of his day arguing about why dedicated video game consoles are not good for playing video games.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
The only reason I still have my ps3 is because it's good for netflix/prime and it's the only thing that will run Demon Souls.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
people always compare 1 console to 1 pc which is kind of bullshit, my pc cost me about $1000 at this point so if you compared that to a ps4 at $350 used on ebay then yeah it looks like I overpayed. factor in that this computer has lasted 10 years, through 2 1/2 console generations, gives me access to exclusive content not available on consoles, no subscription fees, and a library of games, video, and music unheard of on any console; its almost like videogame consoles are toys for children.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Pookum posted:

Lol at these people posting about updating drivers and loving with settings.

No ones had to do that poo poo in years you just download games from steam and they work.

see every thread about pc games, always somebody that cant get it to run or has some weird poo poo going on

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Laughing Man posted:

see every thread about pc games, always somebody that cant get it to run or has some weird poo poo going on

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Lol did you go to a customer support forum to find this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
my apartment and cars are missing

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Because for 400 bucks you can get a full, working console.

400 dollars for a pc gets you a case and like 256 mb of ram. Sometimes they'll throw in a mouse.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Loading times are long and I get kicked often.
I mean I can deal with the loading time thing but you gotta get my dad out of here I think somethings wrong with my ribs

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

good thing you guys on pc dont have to worry about any of those bugs until they actually release the game on steam

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

wow 7 pages and not a single good reason to buy a console instead of a computer

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

satanic splash-back posted:

wow 7 pages and not a single good reason to buy a console instead of a computer

To not be like you. How's that?

loving pwned motherfucker!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Seriously though, people who care about this kind of stuff are just so loving stupid, not like me, I totally don't care.

Unless one of you loving MORON IDIOTS TALKS poo poo ABOUT MY SYSTEM OF CHOICE gently caress YOU YOU MANCHILD NECKBEARD GOONCHEESE BLUNDERFUCK gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU!!!!!!

But seriously I am so detached from this whole thing, people who care about this sort of thing are soooooooooo dumb.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bought a ps4 this go round because some of my friends got them instead of xbone, a real 'cultural shift' in my circle, I can tell you that.

Unfortunately all they use them for is watching childrens shows on netflix because they're all faggy daddies now and I'm mad as hell. That's my console story.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I was just reading the Mortal Kombat X thread and some goon asked how it would play on a keyboard.

Cause you know that doesn't sound lovely on its face or anything.

So to answer your question OP, the same type of folks that look down so much on consoles are the same kind of moron that look at a keyboard made for typing and think, "that will be good for controlling a fighting game right guys?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Big Beef City posted:

I bought a ps4 this go round because some of my friends got them instead of xbone, a real 'cultural shift' in my circle, I can tell you that.

Unfortunately all they use them for is watching childrens shows on netflix because they're all faggy daddies now and I'm mad as hell. That's my console story.

maybe you need to daddy up

• Locked thread