Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

the coolest thing Turok did recently was be referenced a Johnston Checks In article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The bat level and the raptor arena in Conker were the best levels.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Turok 2 I just sorta gave up on at some point because the levels were so long. The first level and music was really good though.

Perfect Dark is still one of the coolest most ambitious FPS games ever made.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

san francisco rush 2049 battle & stunt modes

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Perfect Dark multiplayer is still very fun, however it does take getting used to the fact there are no classes, there are no medkits, and you actually spawn without any weapons and need to find one :v:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

classes ruined fps

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Orkin Mang posted:

i planned literally every shot in control on 007

i think this was the hardest level

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

exethan posted:

i think this was the hardest level

In the main campaign, sure. loving Aztec wins for hardest level though.

Anyone else feel a sense of dread every time you'd start that one on hard? No, just me?

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Anyone else feel a sense of dread every time you'd start that one on hard? No, just me?

Nope, you are not alone on this. What's not to hate? You had to take out several drone guns from the vent leading to the shuttle launch bay. You have zero covers, the vent is your only hiding spot The drone guns were far away for you to see which requires precision, to make matters difficult than it already is, there are moonraker guards hiding further away behind boxes in the dark with their laser gun. After spending 30 minutes clearing the drat launch bay, you now have to face Jaws, he has very tough health on AND 2x M16 rifles AND he can chase you down the complex.

gently caress THE AZTEC ON 00 Agent. It caused me nothing but griefs, I still beat it though.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I remember an old game magazine that pointed out a weakness that Jaws had: because he had long arms as well as legs, if you got right in his face his shots would miss you entirely. Although I remember the exception being if he does the cross armed akimbo shooting animation. So basically press up against him and fire everything into his face.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Aztec was the worst. I got my friend to beat it for me on 00 in return i got him Invincibility

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

perfect dark zero

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the interact superpad pro, ten dollars at toys 'r' us

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Fried Watermelon posted:

perfect dark zero

Duke forever deserves more credit for its far superior toilets and poo poo.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

Turok 2 I just sorta gave up on at some point because the levels were so long. The first level and music was really good though.

Perfect Dark is still one of the coolest most ambitious FPS games ever made.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

As a Millennial I posted:

also, battletanx

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Perfect dark still rules

Shame RARE can't do poo poo right anymore

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
*Bunker II level*

*Is stuck in jail*

*Doesn't know what to do to escape*

*Sadly shut the game off after being cockblocked*

* Gets mind blown when cousin show me to use the magnet watch to get the key hanging on the wall across the room*

"gently caress YEAH! Time to wreck some poo poo! "

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Hingehead posted:

*Bunker II level*

*Is stuck in jail*

*Doesn't know what to do to escape*

*Sadly shut the game off after being cockblocked*

* Gets mind blown when cousin show me to use the magnet watch to get the key hanging on the wall across the room*

"gently caress YEAH! Time to wreck some poo poo! "

How could I forget this. It was the same thing with the door decoder when I played 00 agent for the first time.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Wicker Man posted:

I remember an old game magazine that pointed out a weakness that Jaws had: because he had long arms as well as legs, if you got right in his face his shots would miss you entirely. Although I remember the exception being if he does the cross armed akimbo shooting animation. So basically press up against him and fire everything into his face.

GoldenEye enemies won't fire diagonally across gaps. There is a spiral staircase near where Jaws shows up. You do the math.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I remember in Bunker II on DK mode Natalya wouldn't react if you hit her with throwing knives, like, at all. I remember playing at my buddy's house, just being an idiot, and whipping 5 or 6 knives into her dumb oversized head to no effect at all.

Suddenly the last shot killed her and I cried laughing.

Good times.

Orkin Mang posted:

cool user name

You too hombre :bigtran:

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 20, 2015

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Frostwerks posted:

was turok series any good? it seems like it could have been fun

I played through the first one recently, it's a weird game. Much more like a RARE collect-a-thon game where you have to roam around big levels and find all the keys, super weapon pieces, etc. Wouldn't be such a problem if the levels weren't MASSIVE, full of teleporting portals, and filled with so much fog that you can't tell where you are or where you've been. Each level is just a mess starting with level 2.

Still fun if you have a walkthrough and turn all the cheats on. The Goldeneye/PD enemies had good deaths, but Turok had some nice ones too, like the guy who spurts blood out of his neck and groans for like 10 seconds.

Fun thing about the game, enemies re-spawn infinitely in all the worlds, but ammo never does, so it's technically possible to run out of all ammo if you have to keep going back in search of keys. Of course, this never happens because who plays Turok without the infinite ammo cheat.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

haha holy gently caress i forgot about aztec completely

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'd play turok with all weapons unlocked and just gawk at the two loving nukes they gave you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's honestly pretty sad how many FPS titles don't even ship with half the features that Perfect Dark has. A freaking 15-year old game released with a complete SP campaign, fully customizable MP and both counter/co-op: Somehow beyond the ability of every $100mil+ budget AAA shooter to follow.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

exquisite tea posted:

It's honestly pretty sad how many FPS titles don't even ship with half the features that Perfect Dark has. A freaking 15-year old game released with a complete SP campaign, fully customizable MP and both counter/co-op: Somehow beyond the ability of every $100mil+ budget AAA shooter to follow.

There really needs to be a proper sequel. A new entry into the Timesplitters franchise COULD be this game, but it won't be.

Hopefully Timesplitters Rewind becomes a thing.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

itt we play N64 first person shooters' single player modes with our friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDRtyq3Yhg

Lysator
Mar 1, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

That's because cranking up the amount of the facial hair of your soldiers is more important. Didn't you know?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMf6Rh4iJWY

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

the animation in turok 1 blew my mind. it was also scary as hell. i wonder what it looks like now.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
?youtube it

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

jsut did, now im gagging for some sweet N64 action.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
I don't care what anybody says.

This game....

was the most fun game....

I have ever enjoyed and is undoubtedly the most underrated game.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Hingehead posted:

I don't care what anybody says.

This game....

was the most fun game....

I have ever enjoyed and is undoubtedly the most underrated game.

It was a good rental

But uh did you have other games?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

To be fair, 95 million of that is spent on advertising.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Moxie posted:

It was a good rental

But uh did you have other games?

Uhhh yeah, I enjoyed all of them, but Mission Impossible was a different kind of fun.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Hingehead posted:

Uhhh yeah, I enjoyed all of them, but Mission Impossible was a different kind of fun.

a kind of fun that isn't fun

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hingehead posted:

you and I have different definitions of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
was multiplayer hexen any fun? thinking about hitting up a used game store and buying a copy

• Locked thread