Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Frostwerks posted:

was multiplayer hexen any fun? thinking about hitting up a used game store and buying a copy

Use the all items cheat to spam the push back disc thing. Have Gladiator fights trying to shove each other off ledges.

The wings item gave permanent flying so you could gently caress around in the air.

Play secret level vivarium and mess with the traps. Or any level with lots of weird traps and stuff.

Turn each other into pigs and do piggyback rides with your friend the war pig.

Coop is great. The game is on steam and if you load it with one of those enhanced graphic UI launcher mods it's way more playable . The multiplayer should work through that .

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you and I have different definitions of fun

Goddamn it, I was a kid and the game was fun to me !

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hingehead posted:

Goddamn it, I was a kid and the game was fun to me !

I thought it was neat too. I liked that you have to accomplish goals using weird gadgets instead of just shooting up the place. The exploding bubblegum looked tasty and they even mention someone losing their head chewing on it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, a friend of mine really enjoyed it. Then again, he also really enjoyed Enter the Matrix. Other than these two, his video game picks are pretty solid.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its frustrating to know that if Goldeneye was released today, you'd have to pay an extra $5 or some such to play with the different skins like Zamidi, Jaws, or Oddjob, and every cool new weapon mode would be an extra add on.

Glory days of N64 gaming where the games are COMPLETE.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
in the glory N64 days you had to buy extra RAM separately so you could play some games

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

Hingehead posted:

I don't care what anybody says.

This game....

was the most fun game....

I have ever enjoyed and is undoubtedly the most underrated game.

You are correct in your opinion. This was the best game better than Goldeneye. When I face swapped I thought that was the greatest thing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, a friend of mine really enjoyed it. Then again, he also really enjoyed Enter the Matrix. Other than these two, his video game picks are pretty solid.

Enter the Matrix was great if you didn't play the actual game part and just did that hacking minigame they included.

Muerte posted:

You are correct in your opinion. This was the best game better than Goldeneye. When I face swapped I thought that was the greatest thing.

Mission Impossible was pretty fun but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Muerte posted:

It was no goldeneye, but it was still a drat fun game. How awesome was it to dress as a fireman as a way to escape the building when it's "on fire" ?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Fireman Disguise Costume DLC, on sale for only 1600 ImpossiPoints™ during the next 3 hours

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Me and a friend liked to play coop Goldeneye. This meant that one of us controlled Bond, and the other one controlled his sentient gun. There was a two controller setting for this in options for some reason. The best part about this is that the second controller still worked during cut-scenes, so you could do things like shoot Natalya to death during the short end stage cut-scenes. Bond was invincible though.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Supplanter posted:

Me and a friend liked to play coop Goldeneye. This meant that one of us controlled Bond, and the other one controlled his sentient gun. There was a two controller setting for this in options for some reason. The best part about this is that the second controller still worked during cut-scenes, so you could do things like shoot Natalya to death during the short end stage cut-scenes. Bond was invincible though.
You were supposed to double fist the controllers to get dual analogue control. A few other games like Episode 1 Pod Racer used this as an alt control scheme as well.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
So did anyone actually beat Jet Force Gemini? I remember getting really far into it and in classic Rare fashion it was stuffed to the gills with all sorts of random poo poo but I remember giving up at some point. I think it was a fetch quest and it must have been gnarly to make elementary school Necc0 give up

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

in the glory N64 days you had to buy extra RAM separately so you could play some games

the n64 has no ram :newlol:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

You were supposed to double fist the controllers to get dual analogue control. A few other games like Episode 1 Pod Racer used this as an alt control scheme as well.

iirc Star Wars: Episode I: Racer required a cheat code for this. hosed up

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

gonna spend all night playing conker and drinking soda with caffeine.
hold on, lemme put in the codes to unlock the characters that make this game playable.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Necc0 posted:

So did anyone actually beat Jet Force Gemini? I remember getting really far into it and in classic Rare fashion it was stuffed to the gills with all sorts of random poo poo but I remember giving up at some point. I think it was a fetch quest and it must have been gnarly to make elementary school Necc0 give up

Not only were all of the worlds hard, but then you had to collect every koala head just to get to the final boss who was a fuckin cheater and took about a dozen tries. The kids in my 5th grade class were in awe when I completed it, since putting 60 hours into a difficult game back then was a staggering accomplishment.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I also beat Jet Force Gemini.

Easily top five best on N64.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mario Part 2

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

down n out posted:

Not only were all of the worlds hard, but then you had to collect every koala head just to get to the final boss who was a fuckin cheater and took about a dozen tries. The kids in my 5th grade class were in awe when I completed it, since putting 60 hours into a difficult game back then was a staggering accomplishment.

they were not in awe of your video game skills.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

they were not in awe of your video game skills.

They totally fuckin were dude, you don't even know

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Legend of Zelda: The Guitar of Heroism

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!
Did anyone play the multiplayer vs in starfox 64? Or Lylat wars or whatever. It was pretty terrible, it was all about doing loop da loops or u turns in a large mostly empty space until someone made a mistake and a bomb could lock on. Shame it sucked cos the independence day level on single player was incredible, so many ships flying about.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Effsix posted:

Did anyone play the multiplayer vs in starfox 64? Or Lylat wars or whatever. It was pretty terrible, it was all about doing loop da loops or u turns in a large mostly empty space until someone made a mistake and a bomb could lock on. Shame it sucked cos the independence day level on single player was incredible, so many ships flying about.

The best was unlocking the landmaster and then being on foot. Being on foot was OP as hell because you died in like one hit but you were almost impossible to hit. You could actually STOP whereas no one else could. This gave you a huge edge.

I'm telling you so much extra content was in those games. Now a days you'd have to pay a premium.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Effsix posted:

I remember playing that quite a bit, until one of my friends got Goldeneye, then never playing it again.

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!
Didn't play much one hit kill/ golden gun/ minus health handicap style settings like most goldeneye vets did, we weren't that hardcore (I think we thought we were). We even banned the magnum pistol when the weapons were on just pistols (not for power weapons cos rcp90). The magnum could be broke out if someone was hiding in the room opposite the bottom of the stairs in facility and kept closing the door when others were trying to get in as it was the only one that could shoot through metal. They might decide to make a run for it but it'd be great everyone getting in on killing the knobhead who tried to hide in a room.

In goldeneye we had just one other code of honour I think, if you had no guns you could say "unarmed!" and the decent thing to do would be to let them pass or maybe shoot them once then part ways, but they always had the opportunity to betray the mercy and slap you so then you'd shoot them to death as they strafed and laughed.

Best guns in what we're talking about;
1. The grenade launcher in goldeneye
2. Turok green alien rocket poo poo
3. the dragon machine gun/ disposable prox mine (still better than superdragon)
4. cerebral bore cos that annoys people more than n-bombs
5. n-bombs

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Who played Bomberman 64? I know it's not an FPS, but the multiplayer on that game was hilarious. Picking dudes up and throwing them off the map was the best

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

lol if you didn't exculsively use n-bombs on pinball mode and throw them all at once

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Cacator posted:

lol if you didn't exculsively use n-bombs on pinball mode and throw them all at once

We liked our '64 to be functional, thank you very much

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

itt its friday night but got no friends so those 3 other n64 controllers go unsused

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Zochness posted:

Who played Bomberman 64? I know it's not an FPS, but the multiplayer on that game was hilarious. Picking dudes up and throwing them off the map was the best

Super nintendo bomberman is the best game. The xbox 360 port is prob my most played game on that 360 bastard.
The poo poo thing about original bomberman is not being able to mute the 6 second repeat lame rear end music. On perect dark and bomberman now I always have music on mute and just play whatever, depending on killy mood. Maybe Prodge

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Effsix posted:

Super nintendo bomberman is the best game. The xbox 360 port is prob my most played game on that 360 bastard.
The poo poo thing about original bomberman is not being able to mute the 6 second repeat lame rear end music. On perect dark and bomberman now I always have music on mute and just play whatever, depending on killy mood. Maybe Prodge

Yeah but Perfect Dark had awesome music though

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The World Is Not Enough was objectively better than Goldeneye in every way, shape, and form. Big maps, great weapon selection, more fun weapons, bots, crisper gunplay, less FPS issues.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Body Harvest

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

Body Harvest

Was that the bug one? Much better game of Starship Troopers than the actual one.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zochness posted:

I rented it. Bomberman games rule.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I rented it. Bomberman games rule.

bomberman was awesome but i never bought it just rented. cool fun tho

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I actually really liked the "adventure"ish Bomberman game for N64 because it had a ton of "hidden collectable" "customizable outfits" type poo poo and that definitely hit all my apsie triggers when I was a little kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I also only rented bomberman 64. But I remember how fun it was that you could pump up your bomb to make it huge, then drop it on a guy, pinning him under it. Also placing bombs on top of each other, with them bouncing in place.

• Locked thread