Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Straight from PC Gamer's comment section on the video:

I can't wait to see the game without being interrupted by footage of people talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They'll announce that KF2 has been one big elaborate prank and they've really been working in contract for EA making a first person adaption of Peggle

Tripwire to announce KF2 as prank, announce Red Orchestra 3 as the next true release.

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Mans posted:

Tripwire to announce KF2 as prank, announce Red Orchestra 3 as the next true release.

Tripwire's Red Orchestra 3: now with the MEAT dismemberment system and full VR support in order to bring you the most immersive WW2 tactical shooter/soul crushing experience yet.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Well right now I'm leaning towards the dragonhead class sadly not being a Fist of the Northstar style kung-fu man but using bladed weapons instead. I noticed everything talked about today with the Berserker mentioned all blunt or heavy weapons. Noticeably absent in PCGamer's class rundown was the katana. So I'm guessing the Bererker is the heavy slow crowd control melee class since a lot of the perks for the class talk about stunning and knock back/knock down and the dragon head class will be a fast damage class but will be much more fragile with less stunning

If you look at the skills, one one or two of them are good for kiting ala KF1. The rest are about knocking down and damaging enemies. KF2 Berserker seems like it's a boosted version of KF1 Berserker's power and crowd control. It's also not strictly melee; the Nail Gun is a straight-up firearm, while the Eviviscator can shoot blades as well as hack enemies to pieces.

Of course, this won't stop KF1 Zerk pub stars from trying to kite and failing miserably.

Rarden
May 20, 2012
Hang about, I can't see a carry weight indicator in any of the footage. How can I min-max my loadout without a constant reminder I'm two weight slots below maximum? The UI is flawed. FLAWED, I say!
From a more practical perspective, how can I tell if I've got room for vendor trash spare gear when I'm running around mid-wave?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

TheJimTimMan posted:

Hang about, I can't see a carry weight indicator in any of the footage. How can I min-max my loadout without a constant reminder I'm two weight slots below maximum? The UI is flawed. FLAWED, I say!
From a more practical perspective, how can I tell if I've got room for vendor trash spare gear when I'm running around mid-wave?

You'll probably be able to tell at the trader, though I'm sure the official forums will still bitch about it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

TheJimTimMan posted:

You'll just run on top of it like in KF1 and then swear because that sodding pistol shouldn't weigh that much.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bogart posted:

You'll just run on top of it like in KF1 and then swear because that sodding pistol shouldn't weigh that much.

The real troublemaker is the grenades. How can grenades I don't have take up one block? :v:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

A video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prIMTtR8-M
I really dislike how first person sprinting animation looks like you are running really fast but your actual movement speed doesn't match that. It's like running on treadmill.

Edit: It looks fine in third person though.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 28, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The new Berserker Sledge-gun looks amazing with the whole "hit a guy and shoot him too" thing.

Also, the new and improved Fleshpound enrage animation. :stare:

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Alkydere posted:

The new Berserker Sledge-gun looks amazing with the whole "hit a guy and shoot him too" thing.

Also, the new and improved Fleshpound enrage animation. :stare:

Looks like they (and Scrakes too it seems) roar when they spawn in, which is a nice little thing that I guess saves you having to type FP in chat. :v:

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Oh good there are new bosses then, great!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Not liking the pain sound effects when you take damage.

But really liking the UI (nice job Turnways!) and the good quality of in-game voice chat. Way, way better than the voice chat from KF.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 28, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

One thing I really liked was the whole blood/gore thing they had going on. In most modern games the engine just paints a temporary blood splatter, bullet hole, scorch mark, etc. onto the terrain which gets computationally heavy after a while when you have a few hundred of them painted everywhere. So they despawn after a while and you end up with virgin terrain again.

One of the earliest teasers for KF2 they talked about their new system where they dynamically edit the world's texture files so that the blood splatter is forever a part of the world until you reload it (i.e. start a new game). It's probably a bit finicky and took a bit of work to do (since no one else has done it), but in the end it's cheaper, easier on the system and blood stains/battle damage is permanent. One of my favorite moments is when the players walked into an area and went "Wow, look at all the blood here" because they'd already fought in that room and painted it red during a previous wave. In any other game the room would have reset when they left the area because the game would have been busy drawing new blood splatters and removing the old ones from memory to save space, in KF2 the evidence of their carnage lasted the entire match.

That being said the blood looked absolutely goofy on the otherwise pure white snow. :v: Maybe in the next game they'll have the trick done well enough they can have it so that people walking over the snow and throwing grenades reduces it to something that looks more like proper well traveled (and blood-covered) slush. The technology and programming behind it is still pretty awesome.

Edit: Oh, and the UI was nice. Everything was clear, you could immediately tell what was going on with all the players despite the video rapidly jumping between them. I do hope there's a slider so that we can change the color if we want something other than blood red lines/numbers (call me weird but I always set the Fallout 3/NV UI to amber).

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I liked just about everything except for the running animation, looks like you're running faster than you are.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
*powerwalk animation

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
That's pretty much how run animations look in any modern FPS.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The new gore tech looks incredible with the katana, it was only out for a second but it was like metal gear rising decided to make a cameo. I'm pleased to see how strong melee is in general, with the apparently increased difficulty I think it's going to matter a lot.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Interesting to see that they gave the Berserker the nailgun as a perk weapon. With enemies seeming more fast and furious, a distance weapon sounds like a good addition while you're leveling up in the beginning.

Pulverizer looks cool, too. Having a resource cost for your big whammies already goes a long way in balancing out Berserker. Not sure if it was doing stuns or knockbacks to Scrakes in the video.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

Interesting to see that they gave the Berserker the nailgun as a perk weapon. With enemies seeming more fast and furious, a distance weapon sounds like a good addition while you're leveling up in the beginning.

It seemed not to do too well beyond pretty close range though. I think it's to stagger large groups, since it seems to have a heavy impact and quicker fire than swinging a nailbat.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

alphabrawl posted:

That's pretty much how run animations look in any modern FPS.

No, not really.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Commandos need to get called out for being terrible! God the amount of times they ignored walkers! Unloading into the bellies of bloats before and after their heads are taken off! My blood pressure is through the god damned roof here. Have I always been playing wrong? When you see a horde and you got a berzerker, kill the walkers first, right?

I'm confused why Tripwire hasn't learned from KF1 to noclip characters during buy times.

Broose fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 28, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Well, in that video, the dude who was playing Berserker was using that 9MM AR-15 he found for the longest time. I imagine it being not only off-perk but a starter weapon as well was the reason why it seemed to be doing so poorly.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

Pulverizer looks cool, too. Having a resource cost for your big whammies already goes a long way in balancing out Berserker. Not sure if it was doing stuns or knockbacks to Scrakes in the video.

The Nail Gun seemed like a good, large magazine, single-shot pistol for the Berserker. Probably a very close range pistol with some stun close in but quickly loses damage. Good to see the class getting not only some range (nailgun and eviscerator alt-fire). And having a resource cost on your really powerful attacks (pulverizer heavy fire, two seperate resources to run the eviscerator in melee or ranged mode) does bring the Berserker back in line with other classes so it's not an infinite money fountain anymore.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SinineSiil posted:

A video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prIMTtR8-M
I really dislike how first person sprinting animation looks like you are running really fast but your actual movement speed doesn't match that. It's like running on treadmill.

Edit: It looks fine in third person though.

There's blood EVERYWHERE~

the siren yell is fuckin badass

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Broose posted:

Commandos need to get called out for being terrible! God the amount of times they ignored walkers! Unloading into the bellies of bloats before and after their heads are taken off! My blood pressure is through the god damned roof here. Have I always been playing wrong? When you see a horde and you got a berzerker, kill the walkers first, right?

I'm confused why Tripwire hasn't learned from KF1 to noclip characters during buy times.

It's not noclip but the player collision is shrunk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down during buy time. If it ends up being a problem we can always remove it entirely but currently it's so small that players shouldn't be able to block each other in doorways or anything like that.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Liking the welder's progress animation. Maybe less useful compared to a big percentage number, but way cooler looking.

e: This game has come a dang long way from being an Unreal Tournament mod.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 28, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I want to see the new boss and I miss the old trader. I also hate the American accents but I guess that's to be the case for an old man like me who loves KF1

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Super Dude posted:

No, not really.

Some of them do and it's loving horrible.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Bogart posted:

Liking the welder's progress animation. Maybe less useful compared to a big percentage number, but way cooler looking.

e: This game has come a dang long way from being an Unreal Tournament mod.

Oh, yeah, forgot to say that I really loved the big glowing blue line in the center representing the doah integrity. Don't need to be close by to see the strength anymore.

Also the scrake getting its entire upper body exploded by the impact sledge was awesome.

Questioner86 posted:

It's not noclip but the player collision is shrunk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down during buy time. If it ends up being a problem we can always remove it entirely but currently it's so small that players shouldn't be able to block each other in doorways or anything like that.

Good enough I suppose. Just got worried when I saw the dude get hung up in a door way while heading inside to buy stuff on one of the last waves. There was only one guy there, and I imagine if he just moved a bit to the left he would get through. But then what about groups of people being dicks like that, or someone moving side to side just to slow people down.

Oh, is there a score screen as well? Does it come default with a count of how much money everyone has? I liked that it got made into a default feature after being a server side mod for so long in KF1.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Please tell me the money symbol stands for Dosh. :allears:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Casull posted:

What else could it stand for ? It's not Euros, for sure (€)

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Casull posted:

Of course.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Omg I want this so bad

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The only thing that bugs me is that sprint animation, it's really over exaggerated.

Rarden
May 20, 2012
The UI is really really slick in motion. It's got everything the original had but prettied up, moved around or altered to suit the gameplay flow better and I'd say Turnways (and the rest of the UI team, if there is one) has spent his/their time well. My earlier gripe about the weight counter was mostly because I couldn't think of anything else to complain about, and even then I'm not sure how you could implement it without unbalancing things visually.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ugh these shitlords who reload with 12 in their mag

edit looks like they made ammo just a big pool instead of mags?

alg fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 28, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
The money sign is like a Euro but with the curved part of a D tacked onto the right half, it's definitely dosh. :3: And those 200fps animations are straight bullet time, the spent casings were just streaming puffs of smoke as the guns spat 'em out. It'll look even better when someone puts out a workshop mod to do Zack Synder 300/Hotline Miami style oversaturated hyper colors in slow mo.

Broose posted:

Believe me as a fellow Commando fan I know. It's likely one of the PCG team members. I like to imagine it's this guy:

Look at that incredibly punchable face.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

alg posted:

I'm not sure what your problem with that is, you always kept the half empy mags as backups in KF1 once you ran through the rest of your full mags. I wouldn't mind them making it one big pool though as a small streamlining thing. It was always better to have a full mag for the next wave rather then a half empty one you needed to reload as things swarmed your face. Difference of opinion tho I guess.

That entire video was awesome aside from the small gripes I had with their playstyle, everything in motion was pretty fantastic. Seeing that fleshpound spin attack was amazing and also goddamn scary as hell, that was a poo poo load of damage it did to all of them. I also grinned every time the dude used the heavy attack on the pulverizer, that pump action is the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

alg posted:

Technically KF1 did that too. It just showed how many magazines worth of bullets instead of the number of bullets.

• Locked thread