Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
This got brought up on skype. Who has better stats in Xenoverse: SSJ God Goku or SSj4 Goku? I haven't unlocked either so I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
SSJ4 Goku. SSJ God is the best until you unlock him via wish.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Who is the best mentor? I'd assume Beerus, but I heard a lot of people say the weakling's moves are surprisingly OP.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Who is the best mentor? I'd assume Beerus, but I heard a lot of people say the weakling's moves are surprisingly OP.

Beerus is hard to get to but I like his ultimate attack the best. It's all preference though.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Cell gives one of the strongest ultimates in the game, so its a good idea to keep him as your mentor so he occasionally shows up and buffs it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The best one is actually Tien, because he has the best Z-Soul, and his ultimate is really good for a Kaioken x 20 build.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I liked Goku's set of moves the best as a whole, but before level 70 I found myself using Android 18 moves the most.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Kild posted:

Beerus is hard to get to but I like his ultimate attack the best. It's all preference though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpDkffG65zQ

I understand it's Beerus ultimate with Z Soul but...the gently caress?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

_Endgame_ posted:

I think Change the Future would work to completely null that as a strategy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

_Endgame_ posted:

I've found a new Chaos Dunk spam for Barkley

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I've found a new Chaos Dunk spam for Barkley

I was playing yesterday and realized I inadvertently gave my Goku the special moves of Rugal Bernstein. So I dressed him in Commander Red's suit. If only I could get an eye patch...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For people with more number knowledge than I have, what's better, Perfect Kamehameha or Final Shine Attack? I'm using a Saiyan, so I have unlimited Ki to burn for the latter.

Covok
May 27, 2013

What are the tricks to farming dragonballs easier? I finally got a full set and know I'll need to go do this twice again to fill the roster. I've been using the PQ 3 and PQ 12 method. Anyway to mess the RNG into your favor?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

One of the fastest missions for Dragonball farming is the Explosion of Namek one. The mission last 5 minutes at most and it's just one fight with Freiza, plus the Time Patroler if you're lucky enough to trigger it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SilverSupernova posted:

One of the fastest missions for Dragonball farming is the Explosion of Namek one. The mission last 5 minutes at most and it's just one fight with Freiza, plus the Time Patroler if you're lucky enough to trigger it.

Yeah I did that mission last night and Freiza died in seconds and the Time Patroler showed up and gave a dragon ball. Helps they increased the rate of Ultimate Finishes happening.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
You can also get dragon balls farming the great ape missions.

I got my main to 80, a namekian and frieza to 60 and the rest at 40, as well as pretty much all the moves I want. I got bored of killing great apes over and over and now I'm just waiting for the DLC after I get back from vacation. I got most of the mentors maxed out except for Yamcha, Tien, Hercule and Beerus.

I made a lvl 80 girl saiyan with super vegeta 2, death ball and "you'll become my first victim!" and quickly realized just how lovely the PvP is in this game. It's not like I expected Dimps of all people to make a good competitive fighter but come on.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaze Dragon posted:

For people with more number knowledge than I have, what's better, Perfect Kamehameha or Final Shine Attack? I'm using a Saiyan, so I have unlimited Ki to burn for the latter.

Look at this video and the answer will be clear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7CSe1UOF5I

E: For the love of god, start at 0:40

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Please tell me everyone gives that one-liner whenever they use that attack in game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SilverSupernova posted:

Please tell me everyone gives that one-liner whenever they use that attack in game.

If only. The Nappa voice at least doesn't even call the attack properly (as it is the Nappa voice), instead calling it "Special Beam Attack".

Also, did that new patch ever drop for the Steam version? I just opened the game and it doesn't seem to be there.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

so, this is something

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

cams posted:

so, this is something

It's how Super Saiyan looks after someone has become a 'God' Vegeta can do it to.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I am sad that spoiling the new movie is now happening in TWO threads.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordaedil posted:

my bad

in the end, goku reaches a new level of power and kills freiza

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I figured I might as well ask: are there any more games like this (preferably on PC)? I've got the itch for more.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Perfect Kamehameha does more damage, and has both a Z-Soul and mentor Z-Assist that can buff it further. With both of those active it does more than double FSA's damage.

Mordaedil posted:

There's another Dragon Ball thread?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Killed By Death posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605321

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

I figured I might as well ask: are there any more games like this (preferably on PC)? I've got the itch for more.
Perfect Kamehameha does more damage, and has both a Z-Soul and mentor Z-Assist that can buff it further. With both of those active it does more than double FSA's damage.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605321

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I love the game and I've done a moronic amount of PvP. (Well not that much, I'm at like D+ rank now?). I think the most disappointing thing is hit detection. There's enough lag in the game that if you play as melee and the opponent just aura dashes away, you'll never be able to catch them because of lag around hit detection.

In the end it means that I can beat most people as my melee female human build. (Tall, Heavy, 50 Stam, 100 Basic Attack, 87 HP, Wild Rider costume for +HP, +Basic Attack +Strike Super. Supers: Pose K, Pose E, Instant Transmission, Super Drain, Ults: Victory Rush, Perfect Kamehameha) Until I get to the really really broken Ki builds. Players who sit on relatively laggy connections and use Symphonic Destruction/Milky Cannon are just unbeatable. Symphonic has no startup time, grants complete invincibility during the cast and hits behind their character, so you can't even use a manual teleport to dodge it and Three Milky Cannons can be cast inside about a second to anyone using super armour. These guys are almost always human females who run away until they charge up enough and chip with it. I just don't see a way for melee to break this.

Ultimately, it's disappointing since this is the first fighting game in a long time that I actually "get." But I'd rather avoid using a Ki Spam build because it just seems too disengaging.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 10, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Try Shining (?) Slash. It's a sword move that you charge, and at full charge it teleports you to your opponent and slashes them with your sword, and if that hit connects, then there is no cool down and you can start wailing on them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah playing online as the game is meant to be played is literally impossible given the netcode. it really sucks too cause it seems like there's a lot of fun that could be had with the game engine but anything but exploiting stuff is impossible.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I haven't had a ton of issues playing against other people due to netcode

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Mordaedil posted:

Spoiler a dragon ball character reaches new heights through a combination of training and innate skill, showing off a new hair color/hair length

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Spoiler a dragon ball character reaches new heights through a combination of training and innate skill, showing off a new hair color/hair length

That doesn't really bother me as much as the detailing of how they take out of the villain or how the fighting goes. Which people don't even bother putting spoiler tags over anymore.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ZenVulgarity posted:

I hope that Mr. Satan just dyes his afro and everyone think that he's reached a level beyond being Mr. Satan.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Mordaedil posted:

That doesn't really bother me as much as the detailing of how they take out of the villain or how the fighting goes.

I've not read anything about it but i'm like 90% sure it's a combination of punchy punchy followed by big flashy super.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

cams posted:

so, this is something

Something stupid

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Testekill posted:

I hope that Mr. Satan just dyes his afro and everyone think that he's reached a level beyond being Mr. Satan.

And this is a Super Satan Who has ascended beyond the level of a Super Satan. Or Super Satan 2 for short.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Killed By Death posted:

Boy have I got the game for you.
Lemming Ball Z, mother fucker.

It's gory, has terrain destruction, a bunch of characters, pretty moddable, and it has online play.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

cams posted:

so, this is something

How uncreative can they get with the transformations? Slim goku with red hair, slim goku with blue hair. At least SSJ4 attempted something different.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Athropos posted:

How uncreative can they get with the transformations? Slim goku with red hair, slim goku with blue hair. At least SSJ4 attempted something different.

Furry Goku with longer hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Athropos posted:

People outside SA seem to love it. I'm kinda down with it because it's Dragonball AF as gently caress, as is Freeza's new form. I mean, poo poo. Why the gently caress not, at this point?

• Locked thread