Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm just glad Jaco is in the dlc and new movie. It's not as fun as Dr Slump, but it's a close 2nd in favorite Akira Toriyama material.

After Kai do yall think they would ever produce a new show? The last two stand alones were alright. Maybe they'll just keep making those every year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't know who Jaco is.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The blue hair is cool and all but Goku, my dude, that gi is looking off-brand as hell.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Reiley posted:

The blue hair is cool and all but Goku, my dude, that gi is looking off-brand as hell.

Cut the man some slack, it's not like he has a regular income.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Hobo Siege posted:

People outside SA seem to love it. I'm kinda down with it because it's Dragonball AF as gently caress, as is Freeza's new form. I mean, poo poo. Why the gently caress not, at this point?

Hey guys it makes sense, blue burns hotter than yellow. Although, I remember as a kid the only reason I ever got into DBZ was the awesome banana hair and how it looked on the toy boxes. I used to spend hours just staring at the hair.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I just love that these movies brought back Emperor Pilaf after decades of Toriyama admitting that he forgot the character completely.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

SilverSupernova posted:

I just love that these movies brought back Emperor Pilaf after decades of Toriyama admitting that he forgot the character completely.

If we go on like that we will eventually find out that Lunch was actually married to Tenshinhan the entire time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

e X posted:

If we go on like that we will eventually find out that Lunch was actually married to Tenshinhan the entire time.

At this point it will be revealed Launch was a Saiyan who never knew that sneezing is triggering her super saiyan powers.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Rirse posted:

At this point it will be revealed Launch was a Saiyan who never knew that sneezing is triggering her super saiyan powers.

Stop quoting my fanfic.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

BattleCattle posted:

Stop quoting my fanfic.

dude, that has been a running gag among fans since 1991.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

e X posted:

dude, that has been a running gag among fans since 1991.

:thejoke:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I like the Blue Hair because it makes me feel like things have come full circle with Goku going Super Sonic :allears:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Section Z posted:

I like the Blue Hair because it makes me feel like things have come full circle with Goku going Super Sonic :allears:

You've convinced me.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Just wait until things really go full circle and he becomes a super saiyan gold after that.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I hope they call it SSJGSSJ

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

mabels big day posted:

I don't know who Jaco is.

He is the Galactic Patrolman. Toriyama's new "last manga". He's a cool guy from space whose ship looks a lot like the Epoch from Chrono Trigger and can't get cops to release a flattering sketch of him.

He hangs out with this scientist and Bulma's older sister Tights. At the end of the comic you find out he's there to stop a baby saiyan who could destroy the earth. You even see Goku's mom.

zelah fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 10, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
You guys lay off Super Cyan, it's a perfectly fine form

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Testekill posted:

I hope that Mr. Satan just dyes his afro and everyone think that he's reached a level beyond being Mr. Satan.

I never knew I wanted something so badly

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
You gotta have blue hair!

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Magmarashi posted:

Good news!

They do.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Kild posted:

Furry Goku with longer hair?

SSJ4's design was way more creative than whatever poo poo we got now. SSJ4 had a cool concept, it was basically a mastered super saiyan great ape form and the look of it was understandably more primal looking.

I'm ready for the next movie with green hair and SSJ God 2.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Athropos posted:

SSJ4's design was way more creative than whatever poo poo we got now. SSJ4 had a cool concept, it was basically a mastered super saiyan great ape form and the look of it was understandably more primal looking.

I'm ready for the next movie with green hair and SSJ God 2.

All the pictures of SSJ4 characters I saw looked exactly the same. Like, you couldn't tell who was who at a glance; they all become the exact same red furry man. "New hair color" isn't particular great either but at least the characters are immediately identifiable as Goku/Vegeta/etc.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Roland Jones posted:

All the pictures of SSJ4 characters I saw looked exactly the same. Like, you couldn't tell who was who at a glance; they all become the exact same red furry man. "New hair color" isn't particular great either but at least the characters are immediately identifiable as Goku/Vegeta/etc.

Super Saiyan 4 was cool because Goku got to be an adult in it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Veg posted:

Super Saiyan 4 was cool because Goku got to be an adult in it.

And yet he only beat the first villain in that form, every other major villain was defeated by him in his normal kid form because apparently Kid Goku Best Goku.

What I'm saying is gently caress GT. Z took a little bit of a downturn after the Buu saga, but GT just took that car and ran it off a cliff.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did they EVER explain why the gently caress SSJ4 Goku turns him into an adult and none of the others do?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Burkion posted:

Did they EVER explain why the gently caress SSJ4 Goku turns him into an adult and none of the others do?

Nah. The running theory is that he becomes powerful enough to completely negate the dragon magic.

The real reason is likely that they only received adult concept art from Toriyama.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Reach for the stars.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
With any luck Xenoverse 2 will allow us to just skip right past Super 3/4 and go directly to Super God and Super Cyan. Why worry about programing in giant hair effects when its stronger to just either glow red or blue.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Magmarashi posted:

It's literally called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Reminds me of a time when gamefaqs used to ban people for having too many letters for their Dragon Ball Z acronyms. They said it was too stupid.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I can't believe they retconned Yajirobi, True Goon Hero, out of the saiyan saga :(

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I can't believe they retconned Yajirobi, True Goon Hero, out of the saiyan saga :(

Yeah, but Krillen gets to be cool for once. It's an even trade.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

What are some good evasion skills? Ive been using final pose because rainbows shooting out of your body while some spiky haired dude tries to beat on you is pretty baller and the atk buff is nice, but does anyone know if the mach flight spd buff works like a pose? Does it stack onto the other buffs and reset the timer?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mordaedil posted:

That doesn't really bother me as much as the detailing of how they take out of the villain or how the fighting goes. Which people don't even bother putting spoiler tags over anymore.

Goku uses magic to go blue and beats up freeiza who came to earth since two henchmens was like yah I heard we can ressurect him with balls and no one stops them

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I guess it's pretty safe to say the last DLC is just going to be recolored Goku, Freiza (and possibly Vegeta) with Jaco added in there. I guess unless they announce a second season of DLC there go my hopes of having any other characters. Really would have liked to have seen Uub or Cooler or y'know anybody else that isn't just a new form of a pre-existing character. :sigh:

I'll take the Shenrons and baddies though! And with two more DLC maybe we'll get more wackiness like Ginyu Force Nappa. :toot:

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I'm really hyped about next DLC because Eis Shenron means ice based powers for CaCs.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

super macho dude posted:

What are some good evasion skills? Ive been using final pose because rainbows shooting out of your body while some spiky haired dude tries to beat on you is pretty baller and the atk buff is nice, but does anyone know if the mach flight spd buff works like a pose? Does it stack onto the other buffs and reset the timer?

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the mach speed buff escape counts, since I think it triggered my "If buff is up, regen kicks in" Z soul. If you already have it, you can always test it in a PQ or something.

I used to use the Android Energy shield a lot but, well, standing in place is kind of a death sentence for the sort of thing I want to use an escape move on unless I had enough Ki bars to tank extra. Last I was playing I was using Armored Flight because I thought it was cool :downs: And also let me get the hell out of Blue Hurricanes if a second player came at me from behind with one while I'm fighting somebody,

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Just got Pose K.

It is a beast:stare: I've been running it with Recoome Kick, which combos perfectly with the basic 5 light 2 heavy combo and keeps it going, because apparently adding new buffs resets the duration on all of the ones you have active. It also fits really well with "A god isn't what this world needs", since my modus operandi is "always be buffed".

Now all I need is Mach Dash for the extra speed boost...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The_Final_Stand posted:

Just got Pose K.

It is a beast:stare: I've been running it with Recoome Kick, which combos perfectly with the basic 5 light 2 heavy combo and keeps it going, because apparently adding new buffs resets the duration on all of the ones you have active. It also fits really well with "A god isn't what this world needs", since my modus operandi is "always be buffed".

This has been my MO for awhile. I also have Pose B, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

super macho dude posted:

Armored Boost is a really good evasion move for getting out of a fray. Normally it just shoots you straight up in the air with 100% invulnerability but you can actually control the direction and pingpong around to make your destination more ambiguous.

• Locked thread