Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

You shouldn't have to wait for the medic syringe to fully recycle before trying to heal someone partially. I like the KF1 syringe better, it worked more like how the welder does now (with percentages and stuff).

It discourages people from healing while they're playing non Medic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So someone said that Hans loses he invulnerability if he doesn't catch someone in time for his smoke grenades. He'll do a normal attack then try and heal again. Anyone know if this is true? If that's the case everyone can try and play keep away and whittle him down without him healing back up

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

You shouldn't have to wait for the medic syringe to fully recycle before trying to heal someone partially. I like the KF1 syringe better, it worked more like how the welder does now (with percentages and stuff).

It discourages people from healing while they're playing non Medic

Healing yourself took 100 syringe charge, healing others took 50. But you needed a minimum of 50 to be able to do anything.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Somehow I've managed to sell my regular pistol at least 3/4 times and lose it entirely.

I do wish you could just replace it with the med pistol without having a weight penalty, since they have the exact same stats except for the flashlight and the healing darts.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Skoll posted:

TWI did KF DLC right. You really only paid for cosmetic poo poo until the Community Mod guns came out. Historically though, the paid DLC guns never measure up to the base guns in-game so not buying the DLC never hurt you. All their content updates have always been free, considering the game launched with like five maps and now there's 26 official maps.

I don't think any other game dev out there has released so many maps for free.
They did KF1's DLC right right up until they started releasing the DLC for $8 instead of $4. Which isn't that bad on its own, but then they went back and changed all the $4 DLC to $8. hosed up IMO. This used to show up on the Steam prices site but apparently it only goes back for like 8 months or so so it's not there on the graph anymore.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Insert name here posted:

hosed up IMO. This used to show up on the Steam prices site but apparently it only goes back for like 8 months or so so it's not there on the graph anymore.
It's still visible.

Prices are in euros here.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Oh I was using a different steam price site. Still dumb though.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

are there more keys yet? :smith:

As painful as it is, don't lose hope. In three days the beta will die and we'll likely all be stuck waiting the last six for EA. :shepspends:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Played some Killing Floor today. Good game, hope they make another one!

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

Healing yourself took 100 syringe charge, healing others took 50. But you needed a minimum of 50 to be able to do anything.

At least you didn't have to wait until 100% every time.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Gotta say whoever said to try the medic smg on support was bang on the money, rolling with the M-smg and the hunting shotgun is so much fun, I can splatter things, then heal my team mates and pop stalker and cyst heads. The Medic shotgun's pretty solid too.

I tried out the flame thrower too and I don't know if I like that quite yet.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So someone said that Hans loses he invulnerability if he doesn't catch someone in time for his smoke grenades. He'll do a normal attack then try and heal again. Anyone know if this is true? If that's the case everyone can try and play keep away and whittle him down without him healing back up

I don't think that is true. Had a game yesterday where I ended up kiting him around for a couple minutes after the smoke had vanished and we all were still dumping ammo into him. He does go back to do some normal attacks but I believe that he's still invulnerable during this time until he latches onto someone.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Insert name here posted:

They did KF1's DLC right right up until they started releasing the DLC for $8 instead of $4. Which isn't that bad on its own, but then they went back and changed all the $4 DLC to $8. hosed up IMO. This used to show up on the Steam prices site but apparently it only goes back for like 8 months or so so it's not there on the graph anymore.

Going back and switching the prices of the original skin packs to $8 was definitely a scummy trick, especially if you consider how low-effort those skins were compared to the newer ones.

Also the Steampunk weapon DLC was a little egregious in terms of paying for power, not that it matters much since it's a co-op game and all. The Steampunk tommy gun is exactly the same as the normal tommy gun but with a massively bigger clip, because you paid for it. I'm (perhaps naively) assuming that KF2 will be all about the cosmetic DLC though, just because there seems to be so much potential for it already.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The flamethrower is a great way to kill yourself on random stalkers. It isn't exactly the best off-perk weapon. Hopefully fire won't make scrakes and fleshpounds flail their heads around this time.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here is that there is a category for electric weapons at the trader. None of the currently known classes seem to fit this at all, so I'm a bit confused. Is there a heretofore unmentioned electric class, is it an unexpected addition to some class' repertoire, or are there a couple electric weapons spread around different classes?

I guess it could also just be future-proofing the trader UI for stuff past the initial release.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 13, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Tasers would go with SWAT, I guess. Get your fill of simulated police brutality on zeds.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Serious Frolicking posted:

The flamethrower is a great way to kill yourself on random stalkers. It isn't exactly the best off-perk weapon. Hopefully fire won't make scrakes and fleshpounds flail their heads around this time.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here is that there is a category for electric weapons at the trader. None of the currently known classes seem to fit this at all, so I'm a bit confused. Is there a heretofore unmentioned electric class, is it an unexpected addition to some class' repertoire, or are there a couple electric weapons spread around different classes?

I guess it could also just be future-proofing the trader UI for stuff past the initial release.

The Perks are supposed to be the original seven (Commando, Medic, Berserker, Sharpshooter, Support, Firebug and Demolition), plus three others.

From the bottoms and stuff leaked from datamining we also get the Martial Artist, SWAT and Gunslinger Perks, which still leaves the Electric Weapons without an owner. So we are either getting more than ten perks or it will be a special weapon category.

[Edit] Or SWAT gets the electric weapons, could work too.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

It probably means all kinds of energy weapons, not just electric ones. Zed guns from first game for example.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, given that every perk thus far has had 4 weapons it is a lot easier to guess at what an electric perk's weapons could be than firebug. Lightning guns aren't exactly an untapped idea in games. On that note, firebug weapons seem like they will probably be changed a lot. They might not even go with mac10/flamethrower/flare gun/that lovely cannon thing. Going by the prices (which are obviously open to change), the flamethrower is only the second or third weapon in the progression. What kind of fire-based weapon is an upgrade to a flamethrower?

Also, since berserker is a melee class with ranged weapons, why not have a ranged class with a melee weapon? I'd like to see a fire axe (an axe that is on fire), personally.

Edit: Shotgun? Must have been after my time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 13, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
If they don't bring back the 1897 shotgun for Firebug that's it pre-order canceled

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Going by KF1 I would expect KF2 Firebug to have a Fire Axe as the melee weapon, Incendiary Grenades, and start with the MAC-10, with the Trench Gun, Flamethrower, and Husk Cannon as other options. Who knows, maybe they'll go in a completely different direction.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Edit: Shotgun? Must have been after my time.
It was added before the Husk launcher so, uh

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Fina posted:

Going by KF1 I would expect KF2 Firebug to have a Fire Axe as the melee weapon, Incendiary Grenades, and start with the MAC-10, with the Trench Gun, Flamethrower, and Husk Cannon as other options. Who knows, maybe they'll go in a completely different direction.

The Husk Cannon is so bad :negative:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Did it have AoE? Having never seen or used one, I imagine they'd basically be small AoE primary fire and charge-up large AoE secondary fire. Like a variable load rocket launcher that also sets enemies on fire. Or just shorter range flamethrower primary, charge AoE missile secondary?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Unless they do something special with it, I dunno, even in the first one fire never really felt powerful enough on it's own. I wouldn't mind seeing a lightning gun a la quake for the firebug.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only time fire actually mattered, as much as I liked playing firebug, was after the first time they buffed it so fire never went out. You could set the patriarch on fire and after he'd run away to heal up you'd never see him again and eventually he'd die because he'd just stay away in a corner of the map using up all three heals and then just burn to death. I'm hoping firebug is good in this version. The only worthwhile firebug weapons from KF1 where the flare revolvers

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Flamethrower + Flare Revolvers was a pretty good combination, probably the best at clearing trash Zeds in the game (on certain less open maps) but it was definitely the single worst class for taking on Husks or FP, especially on anything above Hard. It just couldn't do enough damage to the big guys

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I really want Firebug to not be a bad Commando

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The Husk Cannon is pretty strong in KF2, just ask the zeds that get friendly-fired because they can no longer bunny-hop out of the way of the shots!

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

The Husk suicide attack does a ton of damage. It blew me to bits the first time I saw it happen as a Berserker because I didn't think it would do that much

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Finally unlocked Tactical Reload for commando and support. It shaves off a few frames and definitely feels like it makes a difference when going back to normal reload. My favorite thing about it is that the animations ironically become less mall ninja. Like on the AK, instead of using a new mag to hit the mag release and kick out the old one, you just switch it out faster. It's like you got no time for flashy poo poo, you just want to shoot zombies.

Though on the SCAR you'll sometimes do that goofy "violently tilt your gun to the side in too fast of a motion to actually do a visual chamber check" before reloading.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kinda surprised they didn't use that advanced goretech stuff on player models. I know in KF1 you could get dismembered. Seeing a teammate get shredded and fly past you from a Fleshpound would certainly hit home the "Oh fuuuuck" feeling the game gives when things go south fast

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

moot the hopple posted:

Finally unlocked Tactical Reload for commando and support. It shaves off a few frames and definitely feels like it makes a difference when going back to normal reload. My favorite thing about it is that the animations ironically become less mall ninja. Like on the AK, instead of using a new mag to hit the mag release and kick out the old one, you just switch it out faster. It's like you got no time for flashy poo poo, you just want to shoot zombies.

Though on the SCAR you'll sometimes do that goofy "violently tilt your gun to the side in too fast of a motion to actually do a visual chamber check" before reloading.

I was really impressed by this. When I commented in a server that I liked how the tac reload stuff was actually different animations, a fellow player directed me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udgqG7Uy3o

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Kinda surprised they didn't use that advanced goretech stuff on player models. I know in KF1 you could get dismembered. Seeing a teammate get shredded and fly past you from a Fleshpound would certainly hit home the "Oh fuuuuck" feeling the game gives when things go south fast

While that would definitely be cool, it's probably easier with the Zeds because they all basically look the same as well as not having to deal with fiddly things like "How well does their pants keep their legs from flying in opposite directions?". The players are all different models with different outfits.

I'm sure they could work out some generic "You got gibbed!" stuff, severed heads and stuff. But wholesale MEAT system carnage would probably take longer. Or so I'm assuming.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

One thing that's really cool is how Scrakes (and I assume Fleshpounds) can just plow right through some props when they're enraged. A teammate enraged a Scrake in the courtyard area in Paris and we ran to the end of the little bridge above it to shoot at him while he ran across it and he just fuckin slammed through every bench that was right in the center instead of zigging and zagging all awkwardly like in the first game.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Everyone who wanted a Demon Hunter instrumental, rejoice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4PQje69hg

moot the hopple posted:

Gotta throw in a few extra frames to keep the reload from becoming too short somehow.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
So when you reassign your ironsights toggle and alt fire keys to something else, neither the new keys or the original ones work to control the camera any more. That's annoying. Especially since I really wanna have a good look around Biotics lab when I'm dead cos I just realised there's a hallway fulla monsters in glass rooms doin' stuff.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Either that or just be able to mosey about the maps outside of the game's rounds. Both for investigating and a bit of touring, there's plenty to see!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DeusExMachinima posted:

Everyone who wanted a Demon Hunter instrumental, rejoice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu4PQje69hg

That is a great title/post combo. I am rejoicing like :black101:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So I guess everyone here is just waiting on the 21st now?

For anyone who was in the beta, can you tell me if your start with support wasn't all that great? I think the bonus you get to penetration when you actually get a level or two into it, the class really starts to shine.

Also, ever since I've made it a practice to tell people not to bother shooting Hans after he throws smoke and just let him capture someone cause he is invincible, pretty much every game I've been in that wasn't complete fools or had bad luck with gas grenades has beaten him. I guess not wasting all your ammo makes a big difference. Though a lot of the time it's only one or two people left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Three days of trying to get a beta key was probably the biggest waste of time I've done in years. I'm sure I'm not alone. Look forward to next week!

• Locked thread