Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
orangutans are pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

I could probably take a gorilla if I had the proper training and just one simple but effective tool like a knife.

A guy once choked a bear to death with his hands and elbow.

Makes you think.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't think we saw the same film :smith:

it was the best chimp movie in the '90s

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
whenever i see a chimp i get irrationally angry

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't think we saw the same film :smith:

That kid is lucky to be alive

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

But the scariest ape.... is man

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

dunno why you guys haven't mentioned homos, the scariest apes around. drat things gently caress like rabbits

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it was the best chimp movie in the '90s

Volume posted:

That kid is lucky to be alive

Chimps and Orangutans are two different species and Orangutans are waaay less aggressive towards other primates than chimps. Unless they think you're cock blocking them, then it's on son.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Chimps and Orangutans are two different species and Orangutans are waaay less aggressive towards other primates than chimps. Unless they think you're cock blocking them, then it's on son.

I know. I will never forgive the Philadelphia Zoo for burning the orangutans!

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

apes are incapable of hoverhand, makes you think about what piteous cowards some "men" are

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la1tqRM-_tw

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Do you think the other gorillas saw that and said "You ain't going to be alpha anymore, you beta scrub"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

carrion kit posted:

apes are incapable of hoverhand, makes you think about what piteous cowards some "men" are

Uh no poo poo, that was the entire premises of King Kong and Donkey Kong. They just grab the fine ladies whenever they feel like it.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

what an excellent sound

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

so like us

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

an exceptionally strong human, trained in ape fighting techniques, would have a pretty good chance at taking down an ape in 1 on 1 combat, imo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I read this as Gorilla farting and kept waiting for the payoff and it never happened.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i mean someone with the strength & speed of mike tyson and the agility & wisdom of bruce lee, trained from birth to fight apes, could defeat an ape in a fight

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

TEAYCHES posted:

an exceptionally strong human, trained in ape fighting techniques, would have a pretty good chance at taking down an ape in 1 on 1 combat, imo

it might be possible, but ultimately humans are the weakest of primates. we are more of a trap-setting type

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

carrion kit posted:

what an excellent sound

i wish it sounded like a drum when i did that

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

i mean someone with the strength & speed of mike tyson and the agility & wisdom of bruce lee, trained from birth to fight apes, could defeat an ape in a fight

Yeah that soviet ape army program never took off, stop masturbating to failed russian ideas.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
yes they're crescent fresh
Monkey love is best

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah that soviet ape army program never took off, stop masturbating to failed russian ideas.

im not talking about that, im talking about an american born patriot trained by in ape combat from childhood, selected for a genetic predisposition to kill chimp scum with his bare hands

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

TEAYCHES posted:

Mike Tyson posted:

"I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin (his wife). When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big Silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let smash that silverback's snotbox! He declined."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I read this as Gorilla farting and kept waiting for the payoff and it never happened.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

TEAYCHES posted:

im not talking about that, im talking about an american born patriot trained by in ape combat from childhood, selected for a genetic predisposition to kill chimp scum with his bare hands

quote:

A superintendant and monkey trainer at the Woodward Gardens in San Francisco relayed the story of a fight he’d had with a primate to the San Francisco Chronicle in 1891. One day while working in his office, the trainer heard a little girl scream. Rushing to the source of the noise, the man found that a baboon had broken his chain and grabbed a little girl. When the trainer arrived, he found the primate shaking the child like “a terrier does a rat.” Reacting quickly, the man snagged the baboon’s neck and squeezed. The animal let the girl go, and turned to bite the man choking him. The trainer kept held the primate at arm’s length and dragged it in the direction of a picket fence, where the man hoped to beat the baboon’s “brains out against the pickets.” Before reaching the fence, however, the trainer’s strength gave out and the baboon escaped his grasp. Displaying the wherewithal of a ninja, the man kicked his opponent under the chin, stunning the animal and sending him flying into the air.

The break in the action allowed the man to grab a pointed wood bar lying nearby. After the baboon landed and recovered his senses, he rushed. As the animal closed in, the man swung his wooden stick with all of his might. He missed, allowing the baboon to bite his leg just below the knee. The primate ground his teeth into the leg, splintering bone. The primate didn’t release his grip, even when the trainer started stabbing him with the pointed end of his weapon. Only after upper and lower teeth met one another in the midst of the man’s leg, did the animal pull back, bringing a two-inch chunk of leg with him. During the brief reprieve, the human grabbed the baboon by its heels, lifted it off the ground, then swung it with full force into the fence. The blow knocked the animal out. The man later claimed that he would rather fight a bear than another primate.

it's happened.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

if this isn't an 80's movie it should be

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

that guy loving owns.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

nice

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
pitbulls vs apes/chimps/whatever

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

agreed; the ape is a foolish animal

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Displaying the wherewithal of a ninja" is a hell of a phrase for 1891

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i don't really like violence but if it was just a friendly sparring match between buddies then i could definitely take any monkey and at least hold my own against most apes. in a serious fight a gorilla would probably win because they have incredible determination and a champion's spirit. chimps get sloppy when they're mad though so i think i'd win because my technique is better.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
OP should probably not watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes it would probably be very triggering.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i'd never fight an orangutan though they're way too cool

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
no man can defeat a gorilla, no matter how well trained. i think we can all agree with that

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

would a gorilla win most times? probably. but "no man can defeat a gorilla, no matter how well trained" is a statement id disagree with

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
travis was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

travis did nothing wrong

• Locked thread