Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm also a hipster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

roymorrison posted:

define hipster [serious]

a hipster is just someone who seeks authentic experiences

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Cumt posted:

a hipster is just someone who seeks authentic experiences

every experience is authentic unless youre in the matrix

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i don't get why some people hate those who just aspire to live a more real life

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Cumt posted:

i don't get why some people hate those who just aspire to live a more real life

Because what metric are you using to make your life more real? Every hipster I've known has been just as much of a consumerwhore as your average basic bitch. They just shop at vintage stores instead of American Apparel.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
everybody hates a tourist.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Razorwired posted:

Because what metric are you using to make your life more real? Every hipster I've known has been just as much of a consumerwhore as your average basic bitch. They just shop at vintage stores instead of American Apparel.

It's fun to dress in fun, interesting ways and really get involved in local art. I like it!

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Drad_Bert posted:

Caramel machiatto

(That's all I've got)

This, but with fair trade coffee and locally sourced dairy products.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Razorwired posted:

How many hipsters have you known?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Razorwired posted:

I just like finding unique stuff at shops instead of more mass produced stuff. It's not about collecting, for me, it's just fun - it's like getting a surprise present in the mail, that you can wear.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
i need the favorite hipster sex position

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
I buy the eggland's best eggs because even though they are the expensive eggs they are still cheap because they are eggs.

My question is this: Does this make me a hipster? I have facial hair but i wear normal jeans.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Just drink grain liquor straight from the bottle

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Are you going to any cool concerts soon?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

handle bar mustache

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Puppy Galaxy posted:

handle bar mustache

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
When are you moving to Portland/Seattle?

When are you moving back from Portland/Seattle because your solo album with you plucking away at a $3k Gibson Les Paul custom (you took a loan out to buy) didn't "work out"?

Where were you on the day Steve Jerbs died?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

a bay posted:

Hi OP, I used to be kind of a proto-hipster before I became a gaming dad, and I've been a little "put of the loop" for a while, do the hipsters still listen to Pavement and My Bloody Valentine?

how does one become a gaming dad?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

how does one become a gaming dad?

Step one is brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing at least once a day.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
the hip[ster

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

thakn you

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
whats the official hipster position on international financiers taking control of global markets and using that to usurp government influence in world governments?

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Do you own a fixie?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Nanomashoes posted:

How many hipsters have you known?

In Portland when all the housing for poor people became "artists' lofts". For every actual artist among hipsters there's two dozen idiots that are wearing "unique local" jewelry that's just mass-made Chinese glass threaded through hemp thread they purchased from a Hobby Lobby or a Michael's. Also the whole thrift shop thing became corporate consumer culture when Goodwill got knocked for Wal-Mart style wageslave poo poo in 2004.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

When you have sex with girl. Do you approach her and push shaft of penis downward and say "m'lady"?

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Hobohemian posted:

I'm a hip-hopster. I'm much cooler than that human being OP. Ask me a limited range of questions and I'll answer a few.

do you see yourself getting shot dead by law-enforcement in the next 1-3 years or next 3-5 years?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

donkey salami posted:

When you have sex with girl. Do you approach her and push shaft of penis downward and say "m'lady"?

Click on the "Down to gently caress" button

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Can I be a hipster too

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
OP i already tried this and no one asked me anything interesting or worthwhile

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002

Your Weird Uncle posted:

OP i already tried this and no one asked me anything interesting or worthwhile

So you've already had this experience in some obscure thread that we haven't heard of, and had we been there like you it would have totally informed everybody in this thread of what the thread was going to be like? Yep you can stay.

Also Pffftt havent even moved passed porters and stouts to a decent scotch ale yet. I'd list a few names for you but they're from pretty small, specialty micro breweries accessible only to a few shops in the portland area. You probably haven't heard of them.

naem
May 29, 2011

Op do you think Portland will continue its hipster subculture for much longer or will it go out of style and countless former young people will realize they've wasted a decade

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Can you suck your own dick.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Can you suck your own dick.

doesn't sounds too hip to me

maybe if you could get it sucked by the coolest techno chick who is twitter trending right now

(no idea who that migt be as I don't ever look at twotter)

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

Can I be a hipster too

Do you have a child between the ages of four and seven named either Sophia or Tyler?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
i went to a neutral milk hotel concert tonight, op. my dick, would you care to suck it?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gomgomgomgom

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
couple of years ago i got to know a hipster couple who lowered themselves enough to talk to me. the guy was as insecure as anyone I've ever met. but the girl was cute as hell despite the hipster glasses and yashica electro 35 and all that bs. anyway, I hosed her. lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

Mods change my name to "hipster sex position" pls

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

oncearoundaltair posted:

couple of years ago i got to know a hipster couple who lowered themselves enough to talk to me. the guy was as insecure as anyone I've ever met. but the girl was cute as hell despite the hipster glasses and yashica electro 35 and all that bs. anyway, I hosed her. lol

good joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Can real people usually tell you're a hipster?

• Locked thread