Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Hi all. I've seen a lot of jokes about "HURR DURR LETS LAUGH AT T3H HIPSTERS!!11!!!" on the internet over the past few years, so I thought I'd make this thread to give my side of the story. You see, I myself am a true blue hipster, PBR and all! :) Haha, although in reality I prefer the taste of a nice IPA to PBR. In fact, a lot of the things people say about hipsters such as myself are incorrect, poorly researched, and just plain lies! For example, I don't wear skinny jeans, as they chafe on my inner thighs [I do a lot of power walking].

So, go on then... have at it, folks... I'm ready!

[and yeah, I know people on this forum can sometimes get a little "nasty"... don't worry, I can handle myself ;)]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
whats the most eco-friendly way to kill yourself

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

cool tree bro posted:

lol

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

cool tree bro posted:

I've always wanted to be buried wrapped in a cloth in a forest somewhere, with no [or very little] graveyard markings. I like the idea that my body would help plants grow. I suppose the most eco-friendly way to kill yourself would be to be buried like that, while still alive.

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009

no they will not posted:

I've always wanted to be buried wrapped in a cloth in a forest somewhere, with no [or very little] graveyard markings. I like the idea that my body would help plants grow. I suppose the most eco-friendly way to kill yourself would be to be buried like that, while still alive.

I'll bring the shovel.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Hi OP, I used to be kind of a proto-hipster before I became a gaming dad, and I've been a little "put of the loop" for a while, do the hipsters still listen to Pavement and My Bloody Valentine?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
What's your favorite track on In The Aeroplane Over The Sea?

the answer is Oh, Comely

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Whats your favorite season of two and 1/2 men

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
define hipster [serious]

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
if a hipster lives in the woods like they claim they always want to, will it still be a hipster if no one is around to see them?

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit

JakeP posted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

the answer is Oh, Comely

The last track because i always start there and skip the whole song then the album is over and i can listen to something good

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

the answer is Oh, Comely

Oh, Comely used to be my favorite, but recently I've gained a newfound inspiration for the instrumental tracks, particularly The Fool.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

JakeP posted:

I've never seen a full episode of that show... I'm not a big Chuck Lorre fan

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you havent ironically watched the whole series? im pretty sure thats on the entrance exam

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Caramel machiatto

(That's all I've got)

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit
How's your latest screenplay coming along

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Which hand do you have a small mustache tattooed on the side of your finger?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
you think youre better than me I will murder you

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

why arent you dead yet

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wanna hang out sometime?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

no they will not posted:

Pffft haven't even heard of a sky burial? Way to pollute the aquifer with your expensive beard shampoos

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Drad_Bert posted:

Caramel machiatto

(That's all I've got)

It is ok youll fit right in

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
hipsters are alright as long as you don't make them uncomfortable, they don't like feeling uncomfortable. vinyl is dead, though. sorry

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
*adds to Ignore List*

j/k you're probably an ok guy

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
whats the hipster's favorite sex position

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

When you poop does it sound like a Tibetan singing bowl as it leaves your body?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

no they will not posted:

I've never seen a full episode of that show... I'm not a big Chuck Lorre fan

:lol: This poser has a TV

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Hipsters contribute heavily to phenomena such as cultural appropriation and gentrification. How do you feel about subscribing to the biggest subculture in terms of tacit racism and economic exclusion?

Also how do you feel that years ago craft beer was a lot more diverse and fun but ever since hipsters latched onto it it's become 300 varieties of IPA, ironically sold by Annhauser-Busch or South African conglomerates?

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Razorwired posted:

Hipsters contribute heavily to phenomena such as cultural appropriation and gentrification. How do you feel about subscribing to the biggest subculture in terms of tacit racism and economic exclusion?

Also how do you feel that years ago craft beer was a lot more diverse and fun but ever since hipsters latched onto it it's become 300 varieties of IPA, ironically sold by Annhauser-Busch or South African conglomerates?

IPA a poo poo, bury yourself in the woods OP.

I'm serious. I fuckin hate IPA and all these faggots who think beer needs to be bitter as burnt toast to taste good(hint it doesn't taste good).

cool tree bro fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 19, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
As a for real hipster, I condemn this thraed

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cool tree bro posted:

IPA a poo poo, bury yourself in the woods OP.

I'm serious. I fuckin hate IPA and all these faggots who think beer needs to be bitter as burnt toast to taste good(hint it doesn't taste good).

You're in luck because the ipa ship has sailed. The only people I hear talking about IPAs are fat dads who live in the suburbs.

It's all about stouts and porters now with a contingent of weirdos with bad tastebuds drinking sours.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
so many beers honestly taste like utter poo poo. hrmm it's almost as if beer is just a bad beverage all around *passes out in a pile of vomited up liquor*

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That said there are a few hop strains that impart some characters of a sour that I like. Cascade hops being the most common one.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im a hipster

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

so many beers honestly taste like utter poo poo. hrmm it's almost as if beer is just a bad beverage all around *passes out in a pile of vomited up liquor*

I'm sorry we don't have any zima for you. Is a bud light margarita okay

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm a hip-hopster. I'm much cooler than that human being OP. Ask me a limited range of questions and I'll answer a few.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Ironic nationalism is the new thing, if anyone cares.

Also, if anyone cares, they shouldn't. The new honesty went out in 2013.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I'm sorry we don't have any zima for you. Is a bud light margarita okay

just bring me a blue moon double orange slices sliced fresh pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

I'm a hip-hopster. I'm much cooler than that human being OP. Ask me a limited range of questions and I'll answer a few.

I like hip-hop as well, I have two questions: How do you feel about Aesop Rock, and the term 'wigger'?

• Locked thread