Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

It might have to do with the franchise being alive now. When Ultimate Tenkaichi came out, the movies weren't being made and they didn't even make Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return yet. Goku was still a marketing icon, but he was just that. This probably also lessened how much the license holders felt the game would even sell. You can have a Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta in a tiny game only a couple thousand people will buy and it won't dilute the image of Vegeta. Dragonball Heroes runs on that logic.

Now, there is a series of films, the entire cast got redesigned, and the series is very much in the limelight. While this game was much more successful than hoped for, they probably still expected it to sell better, didn't want to dilute the images of the characters as the audience is now adjusting to their official redesigns, and want to keep a tighter grasp on the franchise since it's source is moving and developing. As such, they didn't want anything iconic about the characters hosed with. Their purple-evil-Demigra versions were probably as far as they were allowed to go.

Ultimate Tenkaichi came out after "Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return!!". Three years after, in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Wasn't it about six months before episode of Bardock also?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Oh? Well...that makes me look stupid.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
DLC info: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/04/dragon-ball-xenoverse-ssgss-goku-vegeta-to-dlc-pack-3-and-skills-list/

There's a Facebook post showing Jaco is included as well, but this one actually describes the new skills. Goku and Vegeta's new moves look kickass.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm sorry, but every time I hear "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" I just think of Toriyama or someone sitting in an office and just lazily throwing the suggestion out there because he's bored and wants to go home.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Sky Shadowing posted:

I'm sorry, but every time I hear "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" I just think of Toriyama or someone sitting in an office and just lazily throwing the suggestion out there because he's bored and wants to go home.

It just makes me hope for a recursive set of transformations.

I hope in a few more movies they're transforming into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
When goons called the new transformation Super Sayian God Super Sayian, I thought they were being stupid. Now, I just scratch my head in confusion of how anyone thought it was a good name.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Whatever Guru calls himself, is the new Namekian transformation in the unannounced DLC.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scalding Coffee posted:

Whatever Guru calls himself, is the new Namekian transformation in the unannounced DLC.

Do other races get a new transformation?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Burkion posted:

Do other races get a new transformation?

Probably the Gohan sparkles

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SNOT CORN posted:

Probably the Gohan sparkles

What does that do, exactly? Like, say for your punching mans power.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Guru did "unlock the potential" of Gohan and Krillin on namek, so there would be some consistency since...also Gohan has a Unlocked Potential "transformation" in this game.

So Gohan had his potential "unlocked" twice in the series by separate people? What the heck

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Well the first time he was a kid. And then after Cell he stopped doing real training and forgot until a old guy sat around for too many episodes reading books and sleeping in front of him before unlocking the 'STRONGEST WARRIOR' for the world so they could feed Buu and make Goku and Vegeta fuse.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Scalding Coffee posted:

Does going Super Kami Guru make them really old and fat?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 22, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that would own

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want more powerup options. I want to stop mid fight and suddenly slam a smoothie made of the Super God a Water or whatever from DB and the Tree of Might fruit. I want cyborg parts. I want to absorb people's energy. All the gimmicks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

projecthalaxy posted:

I want more powerup options. I want to stop mid fight and suddenly slam a smoothie made of the Super God a Water or whatever from DB and the Tree of Might fruit. I want cyborg parts. I want to absorb people's energy. All the gimmicks.

I remain solidly butthurt that they didn't give Freezas the ability to make custom transformations besides outfit slots.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
Giving fireza race characters 3 separate customizable forms each with different, progressively powerful stats and abilities would have been super awesome. However time and money does not appear to have been something this game had in abundance during its development.

Maybe in the inevitable sequel?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Buddy, they didn't even give Super Saiyans an up-do.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
What I want to see is them use that empty skill slot and make it a 'Transformation' slot. Shove kaioken, super saiyan, alien forms, etc in there and make actually decent amounts of transformations for races and one for each at least. Like a Giant Namekian form, SS up to 3 which would provide a different look you could maybe customize, Frieza forms which provide different customizable forms and body types, and for Majin's maybe make a form that they make up that somehow 'taps in' to the brutality of the original Buu? Because eating someone would be cool and I loved that in the old fighting games but its a bit random and you couldn't make up to many good reasons it could do things. They wouldn't even need to make multiple sets of skills for different transformations technically even you could use the same move set but have the transformations still*not sure how it'd work for Giant Namekian exactly but still.....I didn't suggest Oozaru because I don't imagine anyone wants to transform into something that can be killed in 5 hits.*

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Christ, I'm about to smack a bitch.

The "Spaceship Sneak" mission where you're forced to play as Ginyu is kicking my rear end.
Mostly in part due to the loving worthless efforts of Krillin and Gohan being such amazing targets that keep aggroing every god damned person on the ship and dying. :argh:

I just can't kill anyone fast enough, I'm level 22 ffs, these fuckers should be going down super quick but it takes forever to pummel them and wait for my ki to recharge so I lob Milk Cannon blasts everywhere.
I try to focus on anyone attacking my companions but it's never enough.

The gently caress am I doing wrong? I've attempted this poo poo like 10 times now.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 22, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Deakul posted:

Christ, I'm about to smack a bitch.

The "Spaceship Sneak" mission where you're forced to play as Ginyu is kicking my rear end.
Mostly in part due to the loving worthless efforts of Krillin and Gohan being such amazing targets that keep aggroing every god damned person on the ship and dying. :argh:

I just can't kill anyone fast enough, I'm level 22 ffs, these fuckers should be going down super quick but it takes forever to pummel them and wait for my ki to recharge so I lob Milk Cannon blasts everywhere.
I try to focus on anyone attacking my companions but it's never enough.

The gently caress am I doing wrong? I've attempted this poo poo like 10 times now.

You really need to be at a higher level just to be strong enough to pull it off. Go steal some pants for a little bit.

You also really need to be on your A Game AND NEVER leave those two fuckers alone. They will die very quickly without you.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Burkion posted:

You also really need to be on your A Game AND NEVER leave those two fuckers alone. They will die very quickly without you.

Yup. This! I also lost that mission a few times, until I realised that I needed to babysit those two. I used that purple orb (Milky Cannon?) attack on that mission a lot.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

It really bothers me they didn't do the obvious thing and give every race some form of power up, even if its just an aura change, and stick it on the b ultimate. It'd free up super saiyans to use more than one ult, and it'd at least be something.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Help i think my character became too strong....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWembgFGf-4

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Talkc posted:

Help i think my character became too strong....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWembgFGf-4

He did tell you to stop.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there ANY indication that Freezers could be getting a Golden transformation in the next DLC? I know Golden Frieza will be in it, and surely making a transformation move that recolors your skin gold and purple can't be that hard to program in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Burkion posted:

You really need to be at a higher level just to be strong enough to pull it off. Go steal some pants for a little bit.

Yeah, I've been desperately trying to babysit them but it's tricky with the annoying lock on system being the way it is.
How much higher should I level up you think? Should I be doing the the absolute highest PQ I have unlocked to grind XP? I've only got up to PQ 09 so far.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there ANY indication that Freezers could be getting a Golden transformation in the next DLC? I know Golden Frieza will be in it, and surely making a transformation move that recolors your skin gold and purple can't be that hard to program in.

God I would love that. So much.

Deakul posted:

Yeah, I've been desperately trying to babysit them but it's tricky with the annoying lock on system being the way it is.
How much higher should I level up you think? Should I be doing the the absolute highest PQ I have unlocked to grind XP? I've only got up to PQ 09 so far.

You should be in the Tens as far as PQs go. I'd suggest trying to get up to level 24 myself. I think that's the level I was at when I went through this.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Burkion posted:

Strangely, I never had problems with that quest.. I don't know if I was properly leveled or if I got really lucky.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
The Ginyu quest is rather luck based. My experience was that I need to save Krillin the ENTIRE time. The fact that I was based on basic attacks and strike attacks meant I was already used to not using many skills*though the strike focus didn't help me at all*. My father played through on his version though and he had the opposite problem of Gohan constantly biting it. My best suggestion is just try to keep them focused on you, your ult while poo poo can actually be useful purely because it sprays the area and makes them flinch so that Gohan or Krillin can get hits in and hopefully control their own fights for a bit while you try to kill people as fast as possible. Beyond that murder Guldo as fast as you can to move to the last part quickly and keep him from doing worse damage to the two then the random minions do. Aside from that its really just grind and hope you are good enough to win, its one of several missions that can really just be a pain based on build, personal experience, and a poo poo ton of luck that if your lucky keeps Gohan and Krillin from just deciding to take hits like they AREN'T mission important people. (For that matter I can't think of a single mission in this game where someone you have to keep alive isn't as flimsy as a wet paper bag.....

Hercule*duh*, Vegeta in the mission with Kaioken x20, Frieza in the mission with Super Saiyan, Nappa and Radditz in the battle against super saiyans, Cell in Cell Games part 2 where he WILL die if Gohan looks at him funny....I think the toughest partner they ever give you is Nappa in the mission for the base Kaioken. And even then he's not mission critical he's ultimate finish critical so I'm assuming that's why he's made strong enough to survive until the ultimate finish happens then get wrecked.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Nah, you forget Super Buu in that Potara Warrior mission. The number of times that he has walked too close to Goku or Gohan as they Super Kamehameha one of my allies is frankly astonishing. And after that, there's Vegito and his super armour, which makes it impossible to keep his focus on me. Makes getting the bonus difficult, to say the least.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Anyone else unable to connect on PC all of a sudden? I rebooted the game after connecting fine and now it doesn't even bother trying, just immediately says I'm offline.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There also that DLC quest where you face Pan, Trucks, and Kid Goku. The Ultimate Condition is have Pan outlive the other two, which is tricky since she has the lowest health and Goku has two life bars.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Those kinds of PQs are the only time I really enjoy playing a punchmans instead of beam spamming. Beams are the clear winners most of the time, but actually getting to choose who I murder helps with Ultimate Finishes.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Rirse posted:

There also that DLC quest where you face Pan, Trucks, and Kid Goku. The Ultimate Condition is have Pan outlive the other two, which is tricky since she has the lowest health and Goku has two life bars.

Yes and this is made super frustrating because 90% of the pugs have absolutely no idea that she needs to survive so she dies in the first 5 seconds

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Good Christ, finally beat that dumb loving mission.
Relentlessly spammed that milky blast poo poo and corralled the fuckers into close quarters, managed to keep them off of Krillin Gohan until the very end when two were left and they managed to get Gohan alone on the other side of the drat ship, loving close call there.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Deakul posted:

Good Christ, finally beat that dumb loving mission.
Relentlessly spammed that milky blast poo poo and corralled the fuckers into close quarters, managed to keep them off of Krillin Gohan until the very end when two were left and they managed to get Gohan alone on the other side of the drat ship, loving close call there.

You think that is bad? Wait until much later in the game. I won't spoil it, but I'm still stuck saving a filler character's rear end. :/

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

You think that is bad? Wait until much later in the game. I won't spoil it, but I'm still stuck saving a filler character's rear end. :/

Find Hercule. Mentor under him. LEARN HIS ULTIMATE SKILL AND LAY WASTE TO ALL THOSE BEFORE YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Burkion posted:

Find Hercule. Mentor under him. LEARN HIS ULTIMATE SKILL AND LAY WASTE TO ALL THOSE BEFORE YOU

I got that and it didn't help much. Still grinding for Blue Hurricane.

• Locked thread