Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

If have to double check but weren't there like swords and poo poo mounted on the wall? The room gave me a kill room vibe, not bdsm stuff.

This whole storyline has always had the 50 Shades of Grey vibe which I'm sure is intentional cause it would have been filming right as the movie came out. It was very much set up to look like a dungeon.

Barbara being totally down for kinky sex is the most I've ever enjoyed her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you think that looks like a sex dungeon, you need help. That's a world class murder room.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
why must they be mutually exclusive :confused:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sex dungeons are for sex, not murder. If it's got a working crucifix and a edge weapon collection, it's a murder room.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
^^^ Bondage and knifeplay are both kinks people have!

Rocksicles posted:

If you think that looks like a sex dungeon, you need help. That's a world class murder room.

The two would not look very dissimilar :ssh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I kinda hope that by next episode, the Ogre is just glaring at Barbara asking if she ever plans on leaving the loving house.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something kind of goofy I noticed was that in the end of episode preview they showed the scene from this week's episode where Nygma was staring at the bloody knife laughing and they altered the knife. In the episode it was pretty bloody but in the preview they toned it down quite a bit.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the whole Barbara/Leslie thing. They've already messed with the backstory enough that I doubt anyone would care too hard if they just kept Gordon and Tompkins together and just ditched Barbara.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 21, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Im starting to like Barbara now. Those legs, drat. Selina and Bruce dancing was so cute :3.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bpower posted:

Selina and Bruce dancing was so cute :3.

I know at least one Gothamite who agrees :3:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked that they actually took the non-skeezy route for Selena and gave her a dress a teenage girl would actually wear.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Yeah, thank God. Thats the second timer they dodged that bullet. She looked a bit dorky :3:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So just throwing this out there but by Gordon's logic that first cop was partially responsible for the deaths of those women because he didn't put away the Ogre, how many is he culpable because he's let Oswald run around free? I mean I know Oswald is pretty protected but every other episode he's killing or maiming some random person for no good reason so at a certain point Gordon should be finding this trail of bodies.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 21, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Radish posted:

So just throwing this out there but by Gordon's logic that first cop was partially responsible for the deaths of those women because he didn't put away the Ogre, how many is he culpable because he's let Oswald run around free? I mean I know Oswald is pretty protected but every other episode he's killing or maiming some random person for no good reason so at a certain point Gordon should be finding this trail of bodies.

He knows that, thats why he was so reluctant to ask for his help in the first place. Everybody is compromised to some degree. Except Bruce of course.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Edward is going to do Moroni. That's gonna be some gruesome poo poo.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I liked that Alfred's critique of Selina was "penchant for wearing too much leather" or something to that effect. Cobblepot is awesome. I actually liked Maroni going off on his mother with tell me this is an act, no one can be this stupid, because I don't know the comic book background on her (if there is one) but I've often thought wow, she is way over the top, even for a perpetually senile/medicated/drunk person.

Nearly an entire episode devoted to Fish and getting off the island, and we don't even get a snippet like "I am not going to make it. Someone else needs to land this" etc. I guess we are just supposed to assume no time passed or this was a previous time, whatever. I shouldn't expect that type of coherency.

I completely got the impression that Barbara was on board with killing. I don't know the BDSM community, but that is a kill room. I am thinking he maybe whispered something along the lines of "I am going to kill Gordon" versus "I trick attractive women back into my house, enslave them, and kill them." Or maybe "I killed my parent who didn't love me" something that Barbara could latch on to versus his actual storyline. Either way, both of them can go away for all I care.

I would have wished they let Bro-Cop rough up Kringle a tad (immediately before, and to his witness) before Nygma killed him. I guess they needed him to become unhinged sooner than later. Good episode overall.

JD Bucks 7 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 21, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Penguin's family is another part where the show is going its own way. Traditionally the Cobblepots are old Gotham money, although sometimes they've been written as being broke when Oswald was growing up.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
I'm just glad that in this episode, the Riddler happened.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Nearly an entire episode devoted to Fish and getting off the island, and we don't even get a snippet like "I am not going to make it. Someone else needs to land this" etc.
I agree, but what made that seem really odd to me is the episode title. We've got a whole plot thread involving Fish and a crazy surgeon doing horrible surgery, one that was clearly left on a cliffhanger, gut-shot while flying a helicopter. Yet when the writers make an episode called "Under The Knife," that's when they decide not to touch that surgeon plot-line at all.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hard counter posted:

The gritty-camp vibe works much better for a Gotham Kidz show than this Gotham PD/Underworld stuff.

The dude playing Cobblepot is killing it too tho, at least acting-wise imho.

I thought he had a really iconic moment this episode where he twisted his face into The Penguin and it finally clicked for me. Like this guy's doing a decent job in the role, but the ability to pull off that loving facial expression landed him the job. It was perfect.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
His plan to take down Maroni is going to involve a trick umbrella.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I'm pretty sure there was a morning star in that room. Knife play is loving ridiculous itself, but if there's a person who is down for somehow using a morning star in the bedroom I will gladly kink shame.

At first I thought she was just into bdsm but there's no way she missed some of that stuff.

This episode owned, by the way. "Riddle man," Gordon being a hoss with the detective work, and no lovely Fish plot? Yes. Also, Bruce is as good as ever, and I actually liked Selina this episode too.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Penguin's going to call in Gordon's favour to get Maroni where he wants him.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Isn't Maroni still alive when Batman comes around?

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Colonial Air Force posted:

Isn't Maroni still alive when Batman comes around?

Yup. Maroni is in fact one of Batman's primary mafia villain.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It may not be this Maroni, though. It could be his cousin or something.

Or whatever, screw the established backstories. They've already got young Bruce and Catwoman having a relationship as kids.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They seem to be hitting some major beats for so early in the show.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Honestly to me it looked like Mr. Gray's kill dungeon was just his nerdy trophy room of hanzo steel collectables that he at least had the self-awareness to hide.

I almost laughed.

That's why this show is firmly grim-camp to me.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Jack Gladney posted:

They seem to be hitting some major beats for so early in the show.

No kidding. We straight up got Batman's no-kill policy this week.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
OK maybe this is a total coincidence but...

The actor Milo Ventimiglia has some sort of condition that a lot of people who watched Heroes and other shows he's been in have noticed where half of his mouth doesn't move when he talks. A lot of of people have theorized that he had some sort of stroke or something in his youth but in interviews he has said that its because of "dead nerves" in his face that cause him to have something he describes as "a crooked mouth." It's something I've always seen him have, but I haven't seen it be ever being addressed in any of his other roles as being part of his character.

When they showed the picture of what "The Ogre" looked like before the surgery, he had a bunch of facial scars and tissue covering up half of his mouth (the part of the mouth where Ventimiglia is immobile. in real life)

I thought that was pretty clever, assuming it was intentional, which I would imagine it is.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bbf2 posted:

OK maybe this is a total coincidence but...

The actor Milo Ventimiglia has some sort of condition that a lot of people who watched Heroes and other shows he's been in have noticed where half of his mouth doesn't move when he talks. A lot of of people have theorized that he had some sort of stroke or something in his youth but in interviews he has said that its because of "dead nerves" in his face that cause him to have something he describes as "a crooked mouth." It's something I've always seen him have, but I haven't seen it be ever being addressed in any of his other roles as being part of his character.

When they showed the picture of what "The Ogre" looked like before the surgery, he had a bunch of facial scars and tissue covering up half of his mouth (the part of the mouth where Ventimiglia is immobile. in real life)

I thought that was pretty clever, assuming it was intentional, which I would imagine it is.

One of the reasons Stallone cast him as Rocky's son in "Rocky Balboa" was because of it, since Sly has a similar condition.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Lucius Fox! A character I actually would like to see.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This show already introduced Lucius Fox?

Actually, I'm not minding the current episode at all, although the last few bored me to hell.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I wanted to watch a show a about a corrupt city, full of horrible people, fall to pieces. I didn't know that city would be Baltimore.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Whoa what the hell??

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

TyrantWD posted:

I wanted to watch a show a about a corrupt city, full of horrible people, fall to pieces. I didn't know that city would be Baltimore.

Look, the only sensible response to a ton of people protesting is to deploy a poo poo ton of police and surround them. Gotta keep the peace.

Also, Ogre really lucked out in deciding to psychologically break down Barbara. I can totally buy that it only took literally one night, that's like the ultimate low hanging fruit and it kind of makes her whole arc worth it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming the "water" was drugged.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Was that what happened? That expression she made watching her parents die made me think she was mentally challenged or something, not mentally broken down or terrified.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
The villains are the best thing about this show. Well, most of the villians. I actually liked Peter from Heroes as the Ogre, the guy playing the Penguin continues to nail and, and N Y G M A!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of bizarre how they've just completely ignored Fish for the last two episodes after spending all that time on her. I guess we can safely assume that she's going to just show up for the finale and then get unceremoniously gunned down just to get rid of her because this whole thing is getting a little overstuffed.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

Its kind of bizarre how they've just completely ignored Fish for the last two episodes after spending all that time on her. I guess we can safely assume that she's going to just show up for the finale and then get unceremoniously gunned down just to get rid of her because this whole thing is getting a little overstuffed.

I would be perfectly fine with that. I've said since the beginning that her character exists only so that a main character can be killed; it's a cheap way to impose Anyone Can Die rules on a show that's essentially a prequel of a famous franchise. We all know which characters must survive until Lil' Wayne grows up to become Batman, so it's not like ACD is actually in play, but this is as close as they're going to get to it.

And I have to say... I loved this episode. Sure, this is probably the scare that Babs needs to straighten up and fly down the straight and narrow path into Detective Boyscout's arms, but hey, at least we know she got tortured 'n stuff.

And the Riddling has escalated pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

tarlibone posted:

Lil' Wayne
Thank you for this.

• Locked thread