Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The fact that green coverage does nothing for LKali is totally immaterial as you're just competing with other blue monsters. Like, it would make very little difference if it was any other color regardless, besides dark since that's the other color that's not automatically covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tzirean posted:

Isn't it a five-floor dungeon? I should only need six awakenings... Though I have a ton more Ronias on my list than Beelzs, so there's value there anyway.

Sorry, I mistook it for Tamadra retreat (the 30 stamina, four floor one). In that case you're fine as long as you don't run out of beel friends, and when you do just switch the vamp out.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

tzirean posted:

I sort of ran the gently caress out of Extreme King Metal and got a shitload of XP.

:hfive:

22 runs with Athena/A Neptune/D Meta/Ronia/Grodin/Athena. One match, light prong or dark row x 4, poison, one match x 3, repeat.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Skiled up the wrong L.Kali so now my level 32 one has more skills than my level 94 leader one. 10/10 me.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

trucutru posted:

Sorry, I mistook it for Tamadra retreat (the 30 stamina, four floor one). In that case you're fine as long as you don't run out of beel friends, and when you do just switch the vamp out.

Sweet, thanks.

Sono posted:

22 runs with Athena/A Neptune/D Meta/Ronia/Grodin/Athena. One match, light prong or dark row x 4, poison, one match x 3, repeat.

I used Beelz/Ronia/Ronia/Ronia/Shiva + Ronia. Seven quick turns of stalling (with Beelz, you have way too much HP to worry about them hitting you seven times each) on the first floor to get Shiva up for the fat dragon, and the rest was dead simple. Now I just have to figure out where to throw the remaining drops.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
^^ Stupid question: Do you still focus on dark rows with that team or do you use prongs?

VV I didn't see a shiva there :p That makes a lot of sense.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 26, 2015

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Schrodingers cat posted:

^^ Stupid question: Do you still focus on dark rows with that team or do you use prongs?

I was going for rows, but wasn't really "focusing" as such. I was on autopilot enough to gently caress up more times than I'd like to admit, and it turns out most combinations of "black blob" and "red blob" will down super kings even if there aren't any blob awakenings. Fat dragon is a total pushover with no defense; if you were really lazy, you could leave the board as-is after the Ronia activation and almost certainly wreck him by default.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Feed me Seymour!

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ChikoDemono posted:

I have two starter accounts left. One with Kushi, Blue Odin, and Light Zhuge and the other with Green Sonia and Shiva. Both also have a ton of stones. http://imgur.com/a/Y0Zh7

Or, if your wife is an experienced player, I also have two over rank-200 accounts.

Chiko Demono hooked me up with one of his starter Accts. My ID is 327,646,374

Name is Big Molaf. Lets be friends?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

trucutru posted:

Feed me Seymour!

So should I stick to Lava Tubes or hit the Mars Crater dungeon instead for the 3x +eggs in normal?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

So should I stick to Lava Tubes or hit the Mars Crater dungeon instead for the 3x +eggs in normal?

Go as high as possible. Also, 10-floor dungeons usually give you the best chances since you get more possible drops per stamina point.

OoH and KotG are the best over the weekend but on the weekdays I just run the dungeons with a 1.5x chance and get plenty.

Edit: Also, running all these normal dungeons has made my JP account get a shitload of levels. It used to be like 80 levels behind my US one and now it has closed the gap to 40.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 26, 2015

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.
Hey, so maybe I'm being a big dork about this, but I really like that the artwork for the Awoken REM Gods shows the stuff they stole from the Gods used to awaken them. But there are some I can't figure out:

Kagutsuchi: Izanami's oni head, obviously, but what comes from Wangren?

Minerva: Hera-Ur's fire orbs, Zeus Vulcan's sword strapped to her back.

Neptune: No idea for Hera-Is or Zeus Mercury. He barely has anything that could be stolen.

Ceres: Likewise, no idea for Hera-Beorc or Zeus-Dios. Her horns look a little bit like Dark Hera's, but they're definitely not Hera-Beorc's.

Venus: Hera-Sowlio's wings, with Sandalphon's wings below them, mostly obscured.

Hades: His scythe comes from Gaia's blades, and his battleskirt is identical to Zeus-Stratios's.

Shiva: Phoenix's wings, Theurgia's mystic circle thingie.

Lakshmi: Noah's rainbow, and Siegfried's... yellow spikey aura thing, maybe?

Parvati: Cauchemar's pentagram, Cu Chulainn's polearm.

Horus: Sphinx's coloration on his streamers, but I have no idea what he took from Thoth. The ankh attached to his ankle looks more like the physical one that Sopdet has than the illustration that appears in Thoth's book.

Bastet: Medjedra's forehead star on her cats, but I have no idea what comes from Sphinx. There's nothing gold/red on her at all. It looks like she also has Theurgia's third eye. I wonder if she wasn't initially planned to use Theurgia instead of a Sphinx.

Ra: Sopdet's star on his arm-cannon's forehead, I guess, but it looks like Medjedra's again. His whole everything looks like it came from Sphinx.

Can anyone fill in some of the blanks?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Venus: Sandalphon's cherub in the cage to the left. I guess the "magic flow" from the blue and light orb are present too. No presence of devil wings or horns which is weird. If the blanket is a way to combine S's cloak with Hera's tail pattern: they messed up.

Horus: the only thing it seems to have taken from Thoth is the crescent shape below its talons. It does not follow the proper colour scheme or the "ethereal" hieroglyphics or shapes floating around.

Neptune: Pushing it but the only thing I can see is the vortex from Hera-Is.... I thought for a moment her forehead runes were in the design but nope.

Minerva: a miniature version of Ur's crown, albeit with a different central composition that doesn't look like Zeus' (or maybe it's because of the size of it).

Bastet: a purple sphinx head as her crown is all I see. Strangely they didn't give her the green cat eyes found on sphinx.

Shiva: not sure if you included that in the wings, but his braided tail tentacle thingies. His crotch cloth seems longer, like Theurgia's - but that's probably me looking too hard.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 26, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, I overdid it with the Extreme Metals; I've finished max-leveling all my Gods, and I've still got around two and half million exp worth of dragons left over. I guess I could work on my mini-dq/xq and mini-lu bu...

opaopa13 posted:

Ceres: Likewise, no idea for Hera-Beorc or Zeus-Dios. Her horns look a little bit like Dark Hera's, but they're definitely not Hera-Beorc's.

Awoken Ceres originally didn't have Hera-Beorc or Zeus-Dios as evo materials. The original plan was to require a second Ceres as an evo material, but there was a huge player backlash against that idea.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

DaveWoo posted:

Man, I overdid it with the Extreme Metals; I've finished max-leveling all my Gods, and I've still got around two and half million exp worth of dragons left over. I guess I could work on my mini-dq/xq and mini-lu bu...

Awoken Ceres originally didn't have Hera-Beorc or Zeus-Dios as evo materials. The original plan was to require a second Ceres as an evo material, but there was a huge player backlash against that idea.

May the luck of the REM be with you.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

DaveWoo posted:

I thought that was against some Japanese law, that you can't have something from a gacha require something from a gacha to complete.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
There was some sort of loophole where you could do it with exactly 1 gatcha card but not multiples

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Plus under japanese gaming laws it could be argued that's illegal. You're not allowed to have things like REM monsters evolving other REM monsters, or leader skills like "have X monster on your team" if both of the monsters are only attainable through REM transactions. This is why the leader skills with that requirement are farmable. Where PAD got the loophole right is you are allowed to have teams that just happen to need a very specific sub for a very specific leader

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DaveWoo posted:

I'd forgotten about the "Ceres will need another Ceres" bullshit. It's good that Gungho didn't go through with it because REM units being used in evos is a dark path this game doesn't need and I think it'd make a lot of people say gently caress it and quit.

Plus why there's some argument that it didn't run afoul of Japanese Gacha laws I doubt Gungho wants to put it to the test because if they lose they're hosed and if they win the government could amend the law and then they're still hosed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'd forgotten about the "Ceres will need another Ceres" bullshit. It's good that Gungho didn't go through with it because REM units being used in evos is a dark path this game doesn't need and I think it'd make a lot of people say gently caress it and quit.

Plus why there's some argument that it didn't run afoul of Japanese Gacha laws I doubt Gungho wants to put it to the test because if they lose they're hosed and if they win the government could amend the law and then they're still hosed.

It totally ran afoul of those laws. The argument that said it didn't came from GungHo itself, and a company (specially a JP one) would never acknowledge that they messed up. See also "there is nothing overpowered about Juggler", which is the only thing they could say after the same law prevented them from nerfing it.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Go as high as possible. Also, 10-floor dungeons usually give you the best chances since you get more possible drops per stamina point.

OoH and KotG are the best over the weekend but on the weekdays I just run the dungeons with a 1.5x chance and get plenty.

Edit: Also, running all these normal dungeons has made my JP account get a shitload of levels. It used to be like 80 levels behind my US one and now it has closed the gap to 40.

There's a third option: skydragons are by far the best for +eggs/time spent. So on weekends, you pick one of KotG, OoH, and Skydragons depending on whether you prioritize rank exp/stam, +egg/stam, or +egg/hour.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

opaopa13 posted:

Hey, so maybe I'm being a big dork about this, but I really like that the artwork for the Awoken REM Gods shows the stuff they stole from the Gods used to awaken them. But there are some I can't figure out:

Lakshmi: Noah's rainbow, and Siegfried's... yellow spikey aura thing, maybe?

Horus: Sphinx's coloration on his streamers, but I have no idea what he took from Thoth. The ankh attached to his ankle looks more like the physical one that Sopdet has than the illustration that appears in Thoth's book.

Bastet: Medjedra's forehead star on her cats, but I have no idea what comes from Sphinx. There's nothing gold/red on her at all. It looks like she also has Theurgia's third eye. I wonder if she wasn't initially planned to use Theurgia instead of a Sphinx.

Ra: Sopdet's star on his arm-cannon's forehead, I guess, but it looks like Medjedra's again. His whole everything looks like it came from Sphinx.

Can anyone fill in some of the blanks?

Bastet's headpiece is Sphinx's head
Ra has a star on his sphinx cannon, and Sopdet is the star(as in, she's the god of stars)
Horus is flying on a crumbling version of the moon platform that Thoth rests on
Laks is uhh, Siegfried's armor modified into those blade things, as well as his "wing aura"

e:Ra also has Sop's hairstyle, but that may just be a coincidence considering his helmetless form

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 26, 2015

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Axetrain posted:

I can't help but chuckle everytime I see that fish stuffed into a team of waifus.

Fish waifu best waifu. Amberjack saved my rear end a bunch of times, either alone or combined with a board change from Karin.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I didn't know there was going to be maintenance! Noooooo! Still, I managed to get to rank 118 and about 8 million gold. Not a bad weekend.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I loving hate your Light Absorb, Hera Bjork.

I don't even know why I kept attempting this stage. I don't even need a Green Orb right now.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

So happy to finally finish that drat place. Minerva is too good (but seriously gently caress Hera Ur).

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I loving hate your Light Absorb, Hera Bjork.

I don't even know why I kept attempting this stage. I don't even need a Green Orb right now.

That's a familiar sight. I finally beat her for my 5th green orb, that I don't need.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

cryptoclastic posted:

I didn't know there was going to be maintenance! Noooooo! Still, I managed to get to rank 118 and about 8 million gold. Not a bad weekend.

I forget how much gold I made, but I made at least 16mil from my farming weekend master during 1/2 stam. Got a half dozen or so levels in the process and now it's on to farming either the Hyperion Lava Flow tier of levels, or the Mars Crater tier after it. I think the next tier might have slightly better +egg drops but the prior can have better xp:stam and is much safer maybe?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

When are the new ults:(

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When are the new ults:(

They were just announced for KR tomorrow, so there's a pretty good chance we'll be getting them tomorrow as well.

They also announced active skills for evo mats, along with a wave of balance changes, so that'll be nice, too.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

DaveWoo posted:

They were just announced for KR tomorrow, so there's a pretty good chance we'll be getting them tomorrow as well.

They also announced active skills for evo mats, along with a wave of balance changes, so that'll be nice, too.

What are those balance changes ?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Did a few runs of super rubies to push some of my red guys to 99. I'd be proud of this lack of waste if it were intentional...

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Munkaboo posted:

What are those balance changes ?

Max cooldowns on a lot of skills going down (notably Greeks, Riders, Change the World, Shiva, and Ult Hera-Ur/Is). Archangel skills now enhance hearts, Dark/Light Golems increase defense. Stat buffs for Riders/Chester/Wee Jas.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
So, what do I do here?

I currently still use my mini lu bu who is level 90. At the same time I'm working on leveling my Lu Bu, who is currently level 68 with 69 + eggs.

Once I get my Lu Bu to comparable stats (which he is about 5-6 levels away from being), do I feed my mini lu bu off for the EXP and skill up chance? Or do I keep it? I don't really see a scenario I'll need a mini lu bu sub, but who knows?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ironsolid posted:

So, what do I do here?

I currently still use my mini lu bu who is level 90. At the same time I'm working on leveling my Lu Bu, who is currently level 68 with 69 + eggs.

Once I get my Lu Bu to comparable stats (which he is about 5-6 levels away from being), do I feed my mini lu bu off for the EXP and skill up chance? Or do I keep it? I don't really see a scenario I'll need a mini lu bu sub, but who knows?

I say keep the mini. He might come in handy for S-ranking certain dungeons, or for running low cost/rarity dungeons.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, I'd say keep the mini just in case he's ever handy, but I'm also a terrible card hoarder so ymmv.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Schrodingers cat posted:

Venus: Sandalphon's cherub in the cage to the left. I guess the "magic flow" from the blue and light orb are present too. No presence of devil wings or horns which is weird. If the blanket is a way to combine S's cloak with Hera's tail pattern: they messed up.

Minerva: a miniature version of Ur's crown, albeit with a different central composition that doesn't look like Zeus' (or maybe it's because of the size of it).

Venus already has cherubs in all of her evolved forms, so I'm not counting that. It's definitely Sandalphon's wings, which are almost entirely obscured, but the distinctive "eye" portion is visible right near her lower back. Minvera's crown looks to me like it's Hera-Ur's horns, rather than either Hera or Zeus's crown, but good spot on that.

Postal Parcel posted:

Bastet's headpiece is Sphinx's head
Ra has a star on his sphinx cannon, and Sopdet is the star(as in, she's the god of stars)
Horus is flying on a crumbling version of the moon platform that Thoth rests on
Laks is uhh, Siegfried's armor modified into those blade things, as well as his "wing aura"

e:Ra also has Sop's hairstyle, but that may just be a coincidence considering his helmetless form

Oh wow, I don't know how I missed the moon platform underneath Horus. That was driving me nuts. A pity they didn't incorporate Thoth's mystical pyramid-building stuff. I'm still not sure about Lakshmi's blades / Siegfried's armor: her blades have a very distinctive look, with the bold yellow edge and the blue teardrop jewel in the center. It's Buster Siegfried's colors, for sure, but it's not clear the way Hades's scythe is absolutely taken from Gaia's spikes. The wing aura is definitely the same, though. It's just weird how subtle that aspect is compared to Noah's rainbow, Cu Chu's halberd and Cauchemar's pentagram being major elements of the artwork.

DaveWoo posted:

Mischalaniouse posted:

I thought that was against some Japanese law, that you can't have something from a gacha require something from a gacha to complete.

I had forgotten about that, yeah. I guess the art was finalized by that point, or the idea of incorporating elements from the evolution materials came up later.

I remember the law being specifically "You can't have an item that requires you to collect a set of gatcha items to claim/construct/whatever", and GungHo's initial defense was that it didn't take a set, it just consumed a duplicate, so really they were only violating the spirit of the law. Then later they backed away from the idea, and we can only speculate whether it was purely player backlash, whether their idea was actually illegal, or if it was some combination of close enough to illegal and hated that there was no point in going forward with it.

Are there any laws surrounding how gatcha odds are set? Are there any consumer protection laws against a company changing drop rates to deny a player what he wants or feed him something to keep him hooked, the way there are for casinos?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

opaopa13 posted:

I remember the law being specifically "You can't have an item that requires you to collect a set of gatcha items to claim/construct/whatever", and GungHo's initial defense was that it didn't take a set, it just consumed a duplicate, so really they were only violating the spirit of the law. Then later they backed away from the idea, and we can only speculate whether it was purely player backlash, whether their idea was actually illegal, or if it was some combination of close enough to illegal and hated that there was no point in going forward with it.

Are there any laws surrounding how gatcha odds are set? Are there any consumer protection laws against a company changing drop rates to deny a player what he wants or feed him something to keep him hooked, the way there are for casinos?
Whether it's illegal or not, it would have been insanely stupid. That announcement was before Spirit Jewels and Awoken ultimate evos, which have definitely proven to be money makers for GungHo. Not many people will whale hundreds of dollars for duplicate REM Gods, but plenty of people will stone for hard-to-get evolution materials from Descends (even if it's just chain running them for invades). Plus it's millions of XP to evolve the materials. It's easily 5-10 stones worth of stamina and continues to awaken a god, and they're incredibly popular. Imagine how niche Awoken Minerva would have been if only people with duplicate Minervas had one?

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

I say keep the mini. He might come in handy for S-ranking certain dungeons, or for running low cost/rarity dungeons.

That is a really good idea :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

Infinite Karma posted:

Not many people will whale hundreds of dollars for duplicate REM Gods...

Not many people have to, if the ones who DO outspend what the rest would have. You've seen the monster boxes with too many +297 ROdin to fit on one screen -- these people exist. But absolutely agreed the way things have turned out is better -- the incentive to run descendeds you might otherwise just write-off (screw you, Zeus-Vulcan), to figure out where and when to farm for Spirit Jewels, etc., while still rewarding the dolphins who happen to have duplicates by letting them have both a normal Ultimate as well as the Awoken form; there's no chance in hell I'm going to awaken my max-skill Anubis when I have a spare in my box.

• Locked thread