Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

Mezzanine posted:

JP News:

Just-enabled F / D Cao Cao's leader skill: 0x ATK when using an active skill :lol:

Now I'm brainstorming ideas for a monster that has a really high ATK multiplier by default but it does become 0x ATK when using an active skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Mezzanine posted:

JP News:

Just-enabled F / D Cao Cao's leader skill: 0x ATK when using an active skill :lol:

Wait, like, all monsters do literally 0 damage or no multiplier?

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

Ironsolid posted:

I have eight fruits waiting. That's bound to give me no skillups like whoa!

Yeah, that's what I thought about the 8 BAO Copperheads I held on to, Evoed, fed to Lilith like an idiot. 0/8 on that particular albatross.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
FF Collab is out, time to roll for ruin

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Grrrr, this rear end in a top hat on twitch rolled a Yuna on his first try.

Edit: BTW, the chances appear to be 45% silver, 45% fake gold, 10% gold

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 27, 2015

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.

In my defense I have so many of those loving mobile characters now.

Update: I evo'd Sephy and gave him a test spin through the FF dungeon. Got Yuna's skillup. Decided to shoot for the moon and rolled again.

Got Rinoa. I mean, I'll take it but it's like getting my mom to buy me She-Ra dolls. "SHE HAS BROWN HAIR!!"

Bonsai Superstar fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 27, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

trucutru posted:

Grrrr, this rear end in a top hat on twitch rolled a Yuna on his first try.

Edit: BTW, the chances appear to be 45% silver, 45% fake gold, 10% gold

2 pulls:
Warrior of Light
Yuna :smugdog:

e: Yuna's gonna work out just fine on my Goku team. This light globe dragon's getting fed to her as soon as I evolve her. Already have the mats for it too apparently. :toot:

Did a roll until not gold:
Vivi

...and done.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 27, 2015

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
For the third time in a row, the PAL machine (evo version but still) has given me a Jewel of Wood.

It's NICE, but I need other colors dammit. :mad:

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I need more stones!

I got Tidus, Vivi, Rinoa, and one of the other's I'd never heard of. I really wanted Rinoa as I was in love with her in middle school.

I'm happy enough, I guess. If I get more stones, I'll probably feed them for the heck of it. I like Final Fantasy.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Anyone use Disco Hera-Ur? I'm going to have one this week (as soon as Ruby Dragon dungeon shows up again), and I'm trying to make a team for it. My other Fire Devils are Ronia, Prometheus, Shaitan, and Christmas Hera. I would use King Baddie just for the damage boost.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

2 pulls:
Warrior of Light
Yuna :smugdog:

e: Yuna's gonna work out just fine on my Goku team. This light globe dragon's getting fed to her as soon as I evolve her. Already have the mats for it too apparently. :toot:

I hate you... moderately.

Haha, this other guy pulled 5 7-stars out of 30 pulls... and all of them are Cloud.

Edit: And the 700 stones dude spent ~480 before getting all three prizes (that dude is stupidly unlucky)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 27, 2015

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I had to save this moment for posterity.

The FF Collab has forced me to admit to myself that I'm not really a fan of Final Fantasy, just Final Fantasy VI (and maybe V and Tactics).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Might as well roll once

Oh

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Three rolls, I want the two waifus (Rinoa is a man, and an obnoxious one)

1) Blitz-ball
2) Aemo (yes!)
3) HOLY poo poo! WAIFU-PRIME!

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

So Cloud gives a 4.5 multiplier to attack when you use a skill? Doesn't that make him a better version of Athena in nearly ever circumstance? I guess you lose out on sub variety, but there are plenty good attacker monsters out there, including Athena herself.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Frocobo posted:

So Cloud gives a 4.5 multiplier to attack when you use a skill? Doesn't that make him a better version of Athena in nearly ever circumstance? I guess you lose out on sub variety, but there are plenty good attacker monsters out there, including Athena herself.

No, 3x to everyone when using a skill on top of 1.5x ATK/HP to attackers. And yes, he should be better than Athena but that's to be expected, being a rare REM pull while Athena is a farmable monster.

And he'll probably get a power-up later on.

Anyways, got Yuna to lvl 89, with +36 from tamas, and max-skilled her. Let's see if she brings the PAL points home.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 27, 2015

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Took a screenshot before it goes away, because despite being rank 300 this is the first Challenge I've full-cleared.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I was inches away from clearing the Hera-Bjork challenge with my Kirin team, but got orb trolled with the boss at 5% HP. :suicide:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Aww, that's cute! A couple of the "bosses" have Resolve on. It activates from any percentage left, but all they do is say their "death quote" and then die. In other words, don't worry about the Resolve mark on the bosses mid-way through: you can one-shot them safely.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hey, could I could get some Awoken Minerva friends/ refreshes? I'd love to at least do the basic Hera challenge dungeon and Minvera just makes it so drat easy if I don't get the right board to just outright murder Hera, lets me eat those few kicks she gets in.

edit: forgot friend id 395,351,360

double edit: Thanks Ayndin! I completed 1/10 hera challenges 2 hours before it went away. :toot:

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 27, 2015

earthdivine
Apr 29, 2009
Was thinking of starting on the JP client and this seems like a good time to do so. Are any of the FF monsters good starting leaders or are they all mostly good subs?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Interesting problem time: I downloaded the Japanese APK to try a 20 box challenge and to mess around with the FF REM, only to find that my Droid Turbo doesn't handle the Japanese version well for some reason: .

See that black space at the bottom with the vertical ellipse? Nothing happens when I hit it so it's essentially wasted space. The problem is that my phone seems to thing that the actual game screen is stretched across the entire phone surface, meaning to interact with anything I need to touch the screen about a half-inch below where what I actually want to touch is. It doesn't do this on the English version of PAD on the same phone. Anyone know how to fix this?

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Frocobo posted:

Interesting problem time: I downloaded the Japanese APK to try a 20 box challenge and to mess around with the FF REM, only to find that my Droid Turbo doesn't handle the Japanese version well for some reason: .

See that black space at the bottom with the vertical ellipse? Nothing happens when I hit it so it's essentially wasted space. The problem is that my phone seems to thing that the actual game screen is stretched across the entire phone surface, meaning to interact with anything I need to touch the screen about a half-inch below where what I actually want to touch is. It doesn't do this on the English version of PAD on the same phone. Anyone know how to fix this?

Enable "Use long press for menu", should be in display settings.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I got Squall.

Whatever.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
For gently caress's Sake. So Monday I dropped my phone in the river and had to get a new phone. Went from the S4 to the S5. Ever since I've gotten this phone, loving PAD crashes from time to time, clears my current dungeon, and soft resets the application settings. I open it, and BLAM BLAM BLAM goes the background music, which I find repulsive and I get to okay through all of the "You have unlocked challenge dungeons" etc menus.

Ugh. I'm going to blame this phone's updating.

Also, my WiFi is spotty as hell, so half of the time I can't update my loving PAD Herder.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If you're liable to drip your phone in a river why not get a waterproof one at least?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
going to roll twice for squall lol... wish me luck

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
1. red dude with cards
2. blue girl with dog... is she the one from ff8... anyway thats the only ff game ive ever played

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

FrickenMoron posted:

If you're liable to drip your phone in a river why not get a waterproof one at least?

Putting a life proof case on this one.

E: Good thing it wasn't an iPHONE

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
oh its rinoa? guess shes epic... maybe will see use eventually
late edit: i was right on the game...ff8 supremacy

THE PENETRATOR fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 27, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

wish me luck folks

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
In case you're wondering why pdx or the wiki( we're still alive and just moved off wikia) doesn't have the images/data up for the ff Colab, it is because the new update changed the data format a bit and compressed the image files. Data we're working. Images...unless we can figure out what algorithm they used to compress them/reverse engineer it, it will probably not be possible and we'll have to go back to the old way of taking screen shot in game and photoshopping it.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Pulled three times, Vivi, Vivi, Wal.

Walp.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I got two Vivis too :hfive:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

oh its rinoa? guess shes epic... maybe will see use eventually

She's your typical unbindable blue healer girl with a bind remove active. Those are always handy to have, even if there are plenty of them now (Meta, Isis, Snow White). She's also a good blue team leader, specially if the team is mostly healers. The only exceptional thing about her is that she's also a devil, which is useful since she gets boosted by Ra and Horus, and by other devils, I guess, although blue devil teams are not precisely popular.

Anyways, this new idea of having plenty of "gold" eggs has made people pretty happy (got a lot of golds!) so expect it to continue.

Yuna test-drive: Pretty relaxed rainbow leader who is difficult to orb-screw and can easily reach that 5x damage. Obviously a defensive-kind of 5x leader and not OP at all, teams well with Hathor, Goku, XQ, and Horus. Seems like a really good L.Kali sub.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 27, 2015

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

tzirean posted:

Took a screenshot before it goes away, because despite being rank 300 this is the first Challenge I've full-cleared.

Good stuff.
I'm at rank 301 and I've never cleared a set. I usually do the first 5 easy ones, and 1 or 2 of the others. I honestly don't think I'll ever manage to clear all 10 (without 15 stoning them or somesuch)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

DaveWoo posted:

They were just announced for KR tomorrow, so there's a pretty good chance we'll be getting them tomorrow as well.

They also announced active skills for evo mats, along with a wave of balance changes, so that'll be nice, too.
Active for NA now https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/new-monsters-skill-improvements/1056158621079396?id=484776928217571

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

:getin:

Its beautiful.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

And for EU too. Just used all my remaining coins buying Rare Evo Rush, to get a Rainbow Keeper for ult Pandora (and uh Apocalypse), instead of waiting. It was worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Got no dubs to drop all weekend lol, no new pandy for me

• Locked thread