Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Opopanax posted:

Ah, but what if there are no scum?

My fellow Primes, we are being lied to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Why is no one playing this game :confused:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote hal

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I came to see if this game got serious yet. But it hasn't.

I applaud Quid for trying though.

This drive by post/excuse to not be posting/buddy up to quid

Hals only post

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote hal

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
The office was quiet. Perhaps it was shock, perhaps it was plotting, but the employees knew silence would only draw agents through the door, to finish things in a rather quicker manner.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

JakeP posted:

This drive by post/excuse to not be posting/buddy up to quid

Hals only post

This is actually a good point. ##vote Hal, for the time being.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haven't really gotten any content, but I will follow Jakes lead on hal

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't understand what you people are doing...

I just was travelling for the last few days, it is hard to post while driving and/or being on a plane.

And I will always buddy up to Quid, we are buddies. We started mafiaing at the same time.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
##unvote fair enough.

I haven't really got a read on anyone yet. I feel like Quid is probably town but it's pure gut feeling, no evidence either way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I won't vote for my best buddy Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

razorrozar posted:

##unvote fair enough.

I haven't really got a read on anyone yet. I feel like Quid is probably town but it's pure gut feeling, no evidence either way.

It's pretty tough to get any reads since we really just came out of jokephase here. JakeP probably voted in earnest I feel ok about him. Gulag is unreadable as usual. Imgay probably looks the worst out of the people voting me (it would have been you, but you unvoted).

Other than people voting me... everything seems to be a joke.

##vote Rurea those jokes seem the least natural and I am never a fan of people declaring themselves "not scum" when there isn't a case on them, even in joke phase. Feels self-conscious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I won't vote for my best buddy Hal.

I will not vote for Asiina either.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kiLL HIM

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will not vote for Asiina either.

Because Asiina is your scum buddy?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hal Incandenza posted:

those jokes seem the least natural and I am never a fan of people declaring themselves "not scum" when there isn't a case on them, even in joke phase. Feels self-conscious.

I was suspicious of FV cause it seemed like they were being a bit over the top with it but reading back through it does feel a lot more natural than it seemed at the time.

I agree about Rurea, I think. Not quite enough to vote yet but I definitely see what you're saying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

Because Asiina is your scum buddy?

##vote imgay upon reflection a much worse poster than rurea

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

imgay posted:

Woah, looks like a giant miss read on my part. Sorry all. ##vote nolynch

This is the only post that stands out to me. It was jokephase, people were talking rubbish. Why the apology?

##vote imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because I triggered you

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is the only post that stands out to me. It was jokephase, people were talking rubbish. Why the apology?

:crossarms: definitely strikes me as a little try-hard now you mention it.

##vote imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow look at all the poosible scum trying to lynch town.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote imgay

tahts part of the joke you egg

razorrozar posted:

##vote imgay

omg

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The shift onto imgay is pretty suspect. FVs especially. She does the thing where someone gets a vote, and then she finds a new reason to vote them outside the original case, but I mean look how much of a reach that is to vote on. razorczar also seems super happy to jump onto any lynch, and I get that, but calling anything imgay has ever posted tryhardy is laughworthy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Gulag gets it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote FV

Basically the thing with her imgay vote. Its super calculated to go that far out of your way to make a new case on an already cased player (also the post she is making her vote based on is clearly a joke). Its like she doesn't want to be seen as just jumping onto someone elses case, which isn't a town mindset.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

JakeP posted:

The shift onto imgay is pretty suspect. FVs especially. She does the thing where someone gets a vote, and then she finds a new reason to vote them outside the original case, but I mean look how much of a reach that is to vote on. razorczar also seems super happy to jump onto any lynch, and I get that, but calling anything imgay has ever posted tryhardy is laughworthy

I hate playing like this but it's day 1, there's no solid leads, and any lynch is better than none so I probably will be :bandwagon: unless something super obvious happens.

Also went back and reread again and imgay's thing seems a lot less scummy in context than out so ##unvote for now.

Going to continue giving Hal the benefit of the doubt, still got an eye on Rurea.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote fv KILL HER

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

JakeP posted:

##vote FV

Basically the thing with her imgay vote. Its super calculated to go that far out of your way to make a new case on an already cased player (also the post she is making her vote based on is clearly a joke). Its like she doesn't want to be seen as just jumping onto someone elses case, which isn't a town mindset.

I didn't know he had any other votes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

razorrozar posted:

This is actually a good point. ##vote Hal, for the time being.

razorrozar posted:

##unvote fair enough.

razorrozar posted:

##vote imgay

razorrozar posted:

I hate playing like this but it's day 1, there's no solid leads, and any lynch is better than none so I probably will be :bandwagon: unless something super obvious happens.

Also went back and reread again and imgay's thing seems a lot less scummy in context than out so ##unvote for now.

Going to continue giving Hal the benefit of the doubt, still got an eye on Rurea.

This is the scum player. He's bouncing wherever he thinks the thread is going. There is not an original thought in here.

##vote razor

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow fv, you just looking for reasons to lynch other people instead of defending yourself

##vote fv

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

Wow fv, you just looking for reasons to lynch other people instead of defending yourself

##vote fv

looking for reasons to vote people is the essence of scum hunting. HTH.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is the scum player. He's bouncing wherever he thinks the thread is going. There is not an original thought in here.

##vote razor

I said that's what I was doing though? I don't really see what choice I have until we get some better reads.

You're not defending yourself or answering allegations against you, and twice now you've attempted to throw players with no votes or real case against them under the bus. It feels like you're trying to push suspicion off yourself.

##vote FV

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

fiery_valkyrie (4): Opopanax, JakeP, imgay, imgay, JakeP, JakeP, GulagDolls, imgay
imgay (1): Mithross, Mithross, Hal Incandenza, fiery_valkyrie, razorrozar, razorrozar, fiery_valkyrie
razorrozar (1): fiery_valkyrie
Quidnose (1): GulagDolls, Asiina, GulagDolls
GulagDolls (1): Quidnose
Hal Incandenza (0): JakeP, JakeP, JakeP, GulagDolls, razorrozar, imgay, razorrozar, JakeP, GulagDolls, imgay
Rurea (0): razorrozar, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, razorrozar, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Mithross (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, GulagDolls
JakeP (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Opopanax (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
Lynch No One! (0): imgay, imgay

Not Voting (5): Jedit, Kleedrac, Mithross, razorrozar, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 01st, 2015 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 2 minutes.

All Hail First Citizen Welstrom!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

razorrozar posted:

I said that's what I was doing though? I don't really see what choice I have until we get some better reads.

You're not defending yourself or answering allegations against you, and twice now you've attempted to throw players with no votes or real case against them under the bus. It feels like you're trying to push suspicion off yourself.

##vote FV

What are the allegations against me?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

And since two of you have now said that, why does "not defending myself" make me scum?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its harder to defend yourself when your lying.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

Its harder to defend yourself when your lying.

Where am I lying?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What are the allegations against me?

What JakeP said, mostly. You responded with "I didn't know" and then immediately jumped on me. The post, in-context, is clearly part of the joke imgay was making at the time; you haven't addressed why it jumped out at you as scummy and you quoted it out of context so it would seem more scummy.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Don't. It's a trap!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I forgot to finish my sentence. We should kill Opop because I dont have any good reasons to keep him alive.

##vote Opop

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What's your problem guys? I have no recollection of that event. That's totally not suspicious.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

looking for reasons to vote people is the essence of scum hunting. HTH.

Owned. Scum confirmed fv. What a slip on your part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

razorrozar posted:

What JakeP said, mostly. You responded with "I didn't know" and then immediately jumped on me. The post, in-context, is clearly part of the joke imgay was making at the time; you haven't addressed why it jumped out at you as scummy and you quoted it out of context so it would seem more scummy.

Actually, I did explain why it jumped out at me as scummy. It was because of the apology. Additionally, in case you've forgotten you immediately jumped on my case and voted imgay as well. If it was clearly part of a joke, why did you find it scummy enough to vote?

I'm not sure what you mean by quoting "out of context". Am I supposed to quote multiple posts when there is only one post that interests me?

• Locked thread